Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Redemption & Wine Glasses {Private Akail Hunt}

Postby BasilFox » 03/20/2010 6:09 PM

//No more people please. ;3\\

Soft clinking and scraping reverberated off the stony walls of the caverns announcing the presence of a baskerville. A male bludgeon with a small bag to be exact that frequented the caverns, though not usually of his own will. The reason for this visit could be seen next to him in the form of a quiet slaughter dalma who gave of the impression of being very...withdrawn. Rarely did Rio talk and when he did it was usually in harsh whispers to himself, accusations and verbal beat downs the topic norm. A little crazy? Perhaps. Dangerous? Not particularly. Although his few but grim words on his past suggest otherwise.

With an exasperated sigh the baskerville, Coryn, trotted over to a nearby large rock and leap onto it, curling to lay down almost as soon as he landed. The movements, two that blended to form one, were down with grace and delicacy and produced only a slight chinking noise from the  bag he carried in his jaws. The large hound set the bag down carefully and flicked it open with one vicious claw. Another claw joined this one to take out a wine glass and then a light bottle, presumably filled with wine. "Chardonnay, flavoured with a hint of peaches...nicely aged...but all the same I wish I'd brought straight whiskey. Help me cope better with my apparent insanity. 'Should have just pressured Flynn into going...but he snagged that job leading the resistance. Lucky dodger...Would you like to share a glass? No? Ah well, more for me then." Coryn filled the single glass and drank from it, holding the stem delicately between large claws.

The hound licked his chops, relishing he still present flavours of the wine. "Are you sure you wouldn't like a glass? It's the worst thing, drinking wine by one's self. It feels empty."

"You say empty...But you do not know true emptiness. The emptiness of the flickering candlelight, fighting to keep back the endless pressure of the dark only to accept the futility of its resistance and fall into conformity, allowing the hollowness of surrender to blanket its form, twisting it, eating away until it has nothing but dreams of what once was to comfort it in its despair."

The baskerville snorted. "Well know, don't we feel like a bloody kill-joy today? Awful attitude to have when you're seeking redemption."

"I have exactly the right level of pessimism for one who has been rejected by the gods above. Where they see hopelessness, who is to say their cousins will not see the same?

"Huh. Gods. Always thought life'd be better without them meddling."

"...No...We are all ants before their might. And just as ants must cower before the bird, so must we before the gods. We must accept their Will."

"You say we must accept their Will...and yet here you are. Not accepting the Will of those who dwell in out own skies in favour of bowing before those who dwell in these." Coryn placed the wine and glass back into his bag and stretched before jumping down to Rio. "And how exactly do you propose to do this?"

"By seeking out those who may best guide me."

"The Akail?"

"Of course."

"Will you try to persuade one to come back with us to teach you the ways of their gods?"

"If that is what I must do."

"Well then. I suppose what must be shall be, as is said."
ImageImage

"I cringe.
The sound of my voice rips through me.
They scream.
The sound of my laughter stabs them.
He cowers.
The sound of his breathing betrays him.
I smile.
Only the sound of my music remains."
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 16
Donate

Re: Redemption & Wine Glasses {Open Akail Hunt}

Postby Mousen » 04/30/2010 5:49 AM

Image Harleyquinn
ImageDart
A hollowheart moved through the caverns a bleached bleeder on it's shoulder.
"Dart, I don't thinks it's a pariculary good idea for you to ride on my tail. Yes I know it's fun, but you might fall off." Harleyquinn sighed. You come hear just to paint a picture of an alkali with bleeders blood and it just want to ride on your Tail! Dart snapped her teeth together happliy, hopping down on to the canvas the dreamsnare held in his claws. "Not, yet, you'll spoil it if you're not careful, you feind" Quinn muttered irritabley. The bleeder just stuck out her toungue, and hopped back up to Quinn's shouder again, rocking to the movement of his walking.
Quinn set down his canvas, and sat himself on a rock. "Well, Dart, what should we do next?" The holowheart asked the bleeder. "I'm not sure which direction to take, I hear it's very easy to get lost in theese caverns." The bleeder snorted in apparnt distaste and pointed her tail in the direction, of a slaughter dalma and a baskerville?

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: Redemption & Wine Glasses {Open Akail Hunt}

Postby BasilFox » 05/01/2010 8:08 PM

Coryn looked around as a hollowheart and a bleeder approached.

"Well, well, Mr. Sangria. It looks like we have company. Shall I take out the extra wine glasses?"

The slaughter dalma looked blankly towards the newcomers. Company. The only company he wanted right now was that of religion and akails. But before he could open his mouth to protest, Coryn turned around to stalk towards the two fellow travelers. He closed his mouth on the protest, choosing silence.

"It is rare nowadays to meet another small group. Isn't it the way of hounds to take advantage of surprises? Support me on this, Rio."

Rio remained silent but he came to sit next to Coryn, eyeing the companions with weary and impatient eyes.
ImageImage

"I cringe.
The sound of my voice rips through me.
They scream.
The sound of my laughter stabs them.
He cowers.
The sound of his breathing betrays him.
I smile.
Only the sound of my music remains."
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 16
Donate

Re: Redemption & Wine Glasses {Private Akail Hunt}

Postby Mousen » 05/02/2010 10:57 AM

"Good- Afternoon, it is? Unfortunatly I seem to have left my pocket watch behind, so I have no inclination of the time. I'm Harelyquinn, an this Is Dart my bleeder." He introdued himself noding respectfully to each of them.
Dart also nodded her head, now from on the ground.
"Oh, on't mind Dart, she can only thought-speak, which she only does on rare occasions." Quinn added.

(Sorry, for the short post, very fail-ish)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Mousen » 05/09/2010 9:18 AM

"Hey! Hey! Harleyquinn! I'm not sure if I like these people." Dart thought, her loud, femine voice filling his head.
"Nonsense." He muttered, tilting his head toward her.

(I'm just geting my five posts done. I'm not leaving don't worry.)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/09/2010 9:21 AM

"Now you be good Dart." He said to her cautiously. "Aint I always?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/09/2010 9:25 AM

"No. Dart you are not. Now be nice to theese strangers." Haleyquinn whispered to his suddenly talkative bleeder.
"Aw hushup. I'm in a good mood. I like adventuring, don't ruin it with your stupid yappin'" Dart replied sticking her little tongue out.

"I'm sorry about that. Dart has quite an attitude on her today. What was I saying?"

(Pulling them out. Sorry.)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate