Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Crushed Hope, Destroyed Past [P Me and Clackno]

Postby AuroraSky » 04/18/2010 3:09 PM

The cavern matched any other, being completely dark and full of rocks sharper than a sword. Far off an echoed drip drip sound could be heard, but its source was unclear. If one felt around the ground long enough they would often find scattering bugs or disgruntled snakes. This place was flat out depressing, and most tended to stray far from its cold walls. But alas, there was something even worse than its interior. What was that? Well if you asked anyone who knew the caverns well they would tell you of the infinite passages and trails carved along in the cavern that had trapped many tourists and archaeologists in their doom. They would tell you horror stories on how no one had ever been able to escape its treacherous tricks, and many died from either starvation or of the madness of the cavern's taunting. Most would never find themselves in such a place like this, but she did.

Yes, it was not wise, but Rage had always relied on making decisions on the spur of the moment. That's right; there was no thought process whatsoever. This would prove to be a challenge in the future, wouldn't it? Rage, her eyes narrowing to slits and struggling to make sense of their surroundings, prodded a rock with her paw. Her emotions were flying wild at the moment and her mouth was curled up into a snarl. With every drip she growled, as if doing so would tell the noise to stop.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Re: Crushed Hope, Destroyed Past [P Me and Clackno]

Postby clackno1 » 04/18/2010 3:47 PM

Ah, Craiss Caverns. Dark, quiet, and best of all, isolated. Fatin had no problem with the bugs, snakes, and dripping water. They were just like him, looking to be alone. Well, not the water. He didn't know what that wanted.

His tail dragged on the floor as he crawled along the tunnel, keeping his ears alert for turns in the tunnel and his body up against the wall so he kept to the path he wanted. No need to get lost, he still needed to eat and bugs and snakes didn't really perk his appetite. Fatin heard growling and the movement of rocks on the floor. He would usually move away from this kind of activity but he really wasn't sure where the other direction would take him so on he went. He stopped far enough away to stay concealed and wondered if he could have a little fun with the apparently lost creature. The dripping seemed to annoy it considerably so he wondered what an unseen assailant would do to it. Fatin pinpointed the creature by sound and flicked a stone in that direction using his tail and waited for contact to be made.

[1]

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/18/2010 4:19 PM

Rage had been idly traveling along the cavern, taking extra precautions so she wouldn't get lost. She was in no mood to die. The dripping would ring in her head and each time she would cringe. Oh wonderful, something else to worsen her mood.

Poke.

That rock had not hit her hard, but it was more like the shock that something had in fact hit her. Rage whirled around in the darkness and peered ahead of her. Nothing. Rage turned back around and looked again. Still nothing. Rage suddenly stopped and sat down, her fur bristling angrily. "Is anyone there?" She asked. "I dare you to show yourself!" She commanded, her voice deep and gruff. She was in no mood for anyone's silly little games, and the nagging fear that someone might be after her didn't help at all.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 04/18/2010 4:30 PM

Fatin stifled a chuckle. Yes, this could be very fun indeed. He moved off in the widening cavern, circling Rage and being silent so she would not know his whereabouts. He flicked another stone, this one slightly bigger, before moving off again. Contact with other creatures really was something he hated but when he didn't have to make much contact, like this, it was quite enjoyable. Causing a little trouble wouldn't hurt him, it would just cause Rage a bit of confusion. She could just shake it off afterward, when he got bored and moved on.

He flicked a few more stones, one of them quite sharp, before coming to rest against the wall. He was closer to Rage than he would have liked but he was still silent, still concealed. She would have trouble knowing he was there unless she had practice in the dark or a really good sense of smell. Of course the musky scent of the cave would probably disguise him he was quite close.

[2]

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/19/2010 5:53 PM

The cavern was growing colder and colder as Rage drew deeper, and every now and then a breeze would roll through and the goosebumps would rise upon her flank. Rage looked around, a bit more weary of her whereabouts than she had been before. Why was she being so paranoid? After all no one really had the guts to come into this death trap other than her, right? There was no reason to worry, and she was just being silly and foolish. Or at least that's what she would continue to tell herself for the rest of her small journey.

Rage was busily thinking about the thoughts that had haunted her for the past few days when she suddenly felt some pelt her fur. No...it couldn't be...Rage felt out with her paw and soon made contact with another stone. There was no such thing as stones who could fling themselves so the only logical explanation was that..."Hello? Who goes there?" She called again. "I command you to show yourself!" She growled, whipped around once again. A pity she didn't see the experimental pet trailing right along past her!

Rage was focused on one more spot when all of a sudden a barrage of stones came flying towards her. Although small, as each one struck her fear nearly forced her to collapse. She took a deep breath and tried to relax, but jumped every time another one hit. Enough was enough! Rage shut her eyes tight and focused hair. Her nose sniffed the hair, picking up nothing much except for debris. All of a sudden she got a whiff that matched the scent of nothing else. Ah, so there was something else after all! The size of the smell told her that whatever was in there was not very big, and there was a chance she could take them if needed.

"You! I smell you! Come out of the shadows at once!"

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 04/19/2010 7:20 PM

Fatin couldn't help but let out a small cackle. The tiny sound echoed off the cavern walls so that the direction it had come from was lost quickly, but if someone had been listening close enough they might have been able to tell. This really was quite enjoyable, causing a bit of fear in another creature, one that didn't react out of instinct either. This one had thoughts and made decisions, not like that snake he'd been playing around with the other day.

He stalked through the cavern, keeping his breathing silent and his footfalls muffled. He ignored her when she "demanded" for him to come out. It wasn't like she couldn't stop him. She'd have to catch him first. His paw landed in something wet, a puddle of water, and he quietly felt along for another. The second one was bigger and deeper. Grinning wickedly, Fatin sent a small wave flying toward Rage. he moved off as quickly as he could but could not help the slap of his wet tail against the rock wall. It was quite loud and easy to pinpoint and he quietly cursed himself for giving his position away. If Rage tried to attack he could only dodge and flee. He wasn't a fighter, he didn't want to risk anymore pain than he already had.

[3]

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/20/2010 4:32 PM

The cavern grew increasingly colder, her surrounding and fear chilling her spine. Rage whirled around every so often in hopes of catching the slightest glimpse of whatever was trailing her. Oh, if only she could at least talk to it! Then she could find its location and show them what they were dealing with! But of course no trickster would ever want to give up their position so it was up to her to find the crazy creature and set them straight. Rage closed her eyes again and focused hard. If only they would give her some sort of hint...

A splash of liquid and then a noise. In moments Rage had flung herself to the spot where she had heard it. Her paw sunk into a semi deep puddle and she cursed the Gods for having her get wet in the already cold cavern, but it would all be worth it after she had the pelt of the little prankster. She felt a rush of air as something whipped through the air in fear. Perhaps...a tail? Instinctively she snarled and snapped out, trying to catch whatever had flown past her in her jaws.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 04/20/2010 4:53 PM

That splash of water had given her some hope and that snap was quite close to his tail. She has just grazed the tip. Fatin quickly moved out of way, not wanting to give her many more chances. She'd probably made him into a fur rug if she caught him and getting walked on was not how he imagined his death. Causing a little more fear would make her erratic and start to panic. She wouldn't be able to think straight and would move out of instinct. If he could get her into that state things would be so much easier.

He laughed a little, quite darkly, and scratched his claws against the rock wall, making a very unpleasant sound, before moving off. He circled around her, changing directions very so often just to confuse her, and came to a rest crouched against the rock wall. Completely silent, he pressed his fur into the rock and tried to disappear into the darkness. She could wander around aimlessly before she ever found him.

[4]

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate