Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

A Name For Myself (Self)

Postby dgirl183 » 06/10/2010 5:10 PM

ImageImage

Her Level: 8
Her Loyalty: 20
Her Quest: To find a true name
Her Stats:
Toughness: 14
Exploration: 17
Endurance: 14
Intelligence: 19
Righteousness: 12
Darkness: 0
Fame: 13
Her Traits:
Traits (Personal): Mute (P), Human Form (P), Thought-Speech (P), Heat Adaptation (P), Rousing Speech (B)
Traits (Racial): Dash (P), Plains Dweller (P), Hard Hooves (B)
Traits (Color): Flame Resistant (B), Pyro (B)
Her Element: She is one with the Flames .:Fire:.

The constant drip of the caverns was getting on her nerves as the Blaze Cavallion ventured forth into the cavern of darkness.

"They say, or the stories at least do, that among these runes and such intelligence is granted and true meaning is discovered,"
she thought as she surveyed the dank caves around her and tried to peer into the darkness, only to see the flickers of torches and nothingness.  So much for enlightenment.

"They lie," she thought as she peered at the walls and then with a concentrated sigh released her pent up frustrations along with her human form.  

In this form her eyes were not as sharp and her hearing dulled, but in the dark cavern neither would be useful.  In fact standing among the darkness much longer would dull her sight so completely that she would be...blinded.  With another sigh she returned to the entrance and found a torch, it would burn long enough to let her see through the darkness and find another name perhaps?

"And I plunge into the darkness and these whispery caverns...shall I emerge with truth," she thought in an ominous tone of thought as she took the first step in her human body.

Flare
1/5
36/40 (Level 8)

~Firefly

~Level 2 Biolune Cavallion
~Currently starring in:For Love

~I'm just trying to light the night
dgirl183
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 21
Donate

Re: A Name For Myself (Self)

Postby dgirl183 » 06/10/2010 5:24 PM

She was swallowed by the darkness.  No swallowed wasn't a complete enough term, engulfed worked much better.  She tread further, her dress being mucked by the dirt and the grime as she slipped through the caverns, imagining them teeming with Hunters, but the images gave her the creeps and she focused on something else...

Like Firefly, his name made her stomach break out in butterflies and forced her to try and quiet the thumping of her heart.  She could hardly contain her emotions for him.  They had pledged to each other only a few months ago, but with her soul-searching and Cai's resistance to her becoming an independent she'd found little opportunity to talk to him and he seemed to be growing distant.  

She held Cai responsible.  Cai was forcing them all to be subservient rather than allow them to freely develop.  She wasn't the only one with a human form, Firefly had one as well, but he was afraid to let her know about it.  And Calypso and Circe's bond was definitely on the list of things they weren't supposed to have.  All were frightened, but none as much as Flare.  

She was the closest to Cai and her darkness was hurting her.  She knew, knew that it was only a few months that the dark side of Cai was released.  But that wasn't Cai...that was Dark Cai.  The real Cai was a sweet caring person that she was lucky to have...but deep down lurked the Dark Cai, the dangerous Cai...the one they all had to be liberated from before she escaped.

Flare: 2/5 or 37/40 (Level: 8 )

~Firefly

dgirl183
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby dgirl183 » 06/10/2010 5:57 PM

The concept of two Cai’s was a bit overwhelming, and she was unable to comprehend it.  All she knew was that two existed and that one was evil while the other was mainly good.  No one could be defined as pure good…never.

But she also had to accept that Dark Cai was more powerful and significantly more intelligent than regular Cai.  She had to accept that it was Dark Cai that had forced her into submission and that it was Dark Cai who was in control for the most part at the moment.  

And she wasn’t able to relate to Dark Cai, she was good…very, very, very good.  She couldn’t help that she was righteous, not really just like she couldn’t deny her loyalty to Cai.  She was loyal to both forms, to Cai and to Dark Cai and she knew that by being here she was dishonoring that trust.  

But she had no choice.  She had to find her name and her purpose…she had to understand…something.

She had to find a way to save Firefly and all the others who dwelt in the Zoo of Captivity…she had to save them all.  She would pray, but she was afraid to pray to a higher being…she believed of course, but she didn’t understand and while she didn’t fear what she didn’t understand she was wary of it.

And she knew that even if she saved them, she was forever bound to Cai, their loyalty ran deep by now, not too deep to break, but deep enough.

Flare: 3/5 or 38/40

~Firefly

dgirl183
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby dgirl183 » 06/10/2010 6:11 PM

”A name,” she thought as she plunged deeper into the darkness and the dank, smelly area, “a name that defines me.”

What could it be?  What did she stand for?  What did she mean?  She was a Blaze Cavallion, but she didn’t want to be known by her element.  Sure any name meaning “fire” or “blaze” would work, but she didn’t want something superficial like that.  Her colors would work, “orange” or “yellow,” but they were too shallow and too appearance based.  Appearances could change.

What else was she a symbol of?  What else did she represent…and then it came to her.  The purpose of this whole journey, this whole adventure into these underground areas that she couldn’t feel safe in no matter how hard she focused on the flame in her hands.

”I am here to find the truth,” she thought, ”and so I shall be known as “truth.”  My name shall be Aletha.”

And that was that, her renaming had taken place.  Flare was dead and Aletha, truth, lived on to tell the tale of the vanquishing of her former self and the birth of her new self.  And then a disturbing thought possessed her…where was Cai?

Flare: 4/5 or 39/40 (Level 8 )

~Firefly

dgirl183
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby dgirl183 » 06/10/2010 6:28 PM

Aletha sounded so right for her as she took a few more steps.  Her Greek was fairly unpolished, but the name had somehow just come to her.  She was after all in the Caverns of Wisdom...so that's not what they're called, but that was what she considered them.  After all here she was learning and here she would stay until she could think of a way to fight off her bond to Cai.

Aletha looked around and took another step, pausing to glance at a few runes.  She couldn't read them and they haunted her with the way they were carved so perfectly.  Somehow something like that must mean something.  She imagined the terrible things that must have happened to force the beings before to flee this place.  It was so beautiful and the knowledge just seeped into her pores.

She paused about to take another step when she heard something behind her.  She was in her defenseless form so unwilling she dropped the torch, the fire had given her comfort, and watched it go out.  Then she turned to see two eyes glaring at her out of the darkness.  She shifted quickly.  And stood in her Cavallion form.

"Calm my pet," said the darkness, "it's just me..."

Aletha/Flare: 5/5 or 40/45 (Level 9)

Her Loyalty: 21 (Unwavering
Her Stats:
Toughness: 15
Exploration: 18
Endurance: 15
Intelligence: 22
Righteousness: 13
Darkness: 1
Fame: 14

~Firefly