Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Done: Going for the Gold (This RP is over)

Postby HunnyBun » 06/27/2010 10:16 PM

"Why am I here again?!"
The words bounced off of the cave walls. The Tatterdem slowly walked through the winding paths, a very unamused expression on his face. He hated being in these caves, he thought they were dumb and pointless. But his owner demanded he go hunting and train his self. He scratched the wall with his bladed hand.
"Train? Ha, I don't need no training. I can beat anyone!" He shouted, slashing off a chunk of the wall.
He picked the chunk up and threw it down the path, it could be heard bouncing around in the distance. He growled as he passed another crossway.
"These stupid tunnels, I hate them!" He shouted, punching the wall.
He just wanted to go back to his spot in the pen. The only thing that was good about being here was that his annoying friend wasn't clinging to his shoulder like always.

[Shanks 1]

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

(0.1)

Postby Remedy » 06/28/2010 12:39 AM

Zal crouched low as she entered the cave.  It was a little dark, but her keen cat vision helped clear away that problem.  Alarice had sent her here to hunt, which was one of the only things she was good at.  As she made her way through narrow passages, she heard a voice not to far away.  She headed tward the noise with caution, just as she had been taught.  When she came to an opening in the passage way, she peered through, her light purple eyes narrowing as she looked around.  She couldn't get in the right position to be able to look around the corner which was jutting out sharply in an odd angle, so she had no choice but to step out from her small tunnel and into the open.  She tried to stick to the wall and blend in with the shadows, though she completely lost the element of surprise when she stubbed her toe on a rock.   Not only was the sound of the impact enough to echo through the cavern, but so was the hiss of curses she made afterward.  Maybe Zal needed a little more teaching on the subject of stealth...

((Thank you for letting me join.  o3o))

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Re: Going for the Gold (training/Akail hunt/Pickles and I)

Postby HunnyBun » 06/28/2010 12:46 AM

Shanks spun around, did he hear something. He hissed under his breath, was someone following? Great, just what he needed, another person to make this even worse. He growled and started walking back the way he came in search of where the sound came from.
"Who's there?" He shouted. "Come out, cause you don't want me to find you." He said sternly.
He raised his bladed hand and moved it around in front of his face.
"Trust me." He chuckled evilly.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

(0.2)

Postby Remedy » 06/28/2010 11:53 AM

Zal's heart skipped a beat.  Her breathing stopped, and her eyes flashed up to the creature before her.  Oh no.  Nooooooooooooo.  NO!  A Tatterdem?  Of all the creatures in the world- great.  Just great. Zal thought to herself.  She remained where she was, hidden by the shadows, but soon inched forward, still against the wall.  She went all the way around the cave until she was behind the Tatterdem.  She would have to go further around to get back the way she came, and that meant exposing herself for even the slightest second as she went through the tunnel.  Well, now, at least when she was behind the Tatterdem, she had a better chance of escaping in the few secconds it took him to whirl around.  So she spoke.   "Hello." she said.  The sound echoed off the walls.  There wasn't much more to say after all.  She continued to watch the Tatterdem carefully.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/28/2010 7:16 PM

Shanks spun around, the voice coming from behind him. He eyed the shadows cautiously. Why would the coward move behind him? Was it going to attack?
"Why do you hide?" He asked, his head moving left and right.
He was trying to find the source of the voice, but was having troubles. His bladed hand fell to his side, each finger moving in and out slowly. His rub like pieces wobbled in their spot. He wondered what was going to happen next, would they attack? He hoped, he hoped so much.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

(0.3)

Postby Remedy » 06/28/2010 7:26 PM

Zal laughed a little bit.  "Why wouldn't I hide?  I'm not stupid." she said as she coutinued to inch, ever so slowly, around the cavern they were in tward the tunnel.  There were others that were closer, but she didn't know where they lead and she didn't want to take a chance at a dead end if the Tatterdem was to follow her.  For the moment, she was invisible in the shadows.  Her coat and even her flames blended in easily, though too large of a movement might cause a ripple along the shadows that could give away her location.  She had to be careful...

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/28/2010 7:58 PM

Shanks still searched the shadows, he wasn't going to let them get the upper hand.
"Only a coward would hide." He growled.
He was all for fowl play, but he hated cowards. His eyes narrowed as he tried to search for any slight change that would indicate where whoever this was was. His scarf seemed to ruffle up and lift as Shanks became annoyed and tense.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

(0.4)

Postby Remedy » 06/28/2010 9:15 PM

You're only making it angrier, and it's only trying to intimidate you. Zal reminded herself.  Even so, she growled in a low tone.  She hesitated on taking the next step along the wall, and thought about going into the open.  The Tatterdem was larger, but it might be slower.  And they were made of a bunch of stuff right?  It might be easy to dismantle in a fight.  
No.  She tried to push these thoughts out of her mind.  Whether this creature agrivated her or not, she needed to keep her head.  
She took another step along the wall.  And another.  And anot- she hit a rock again, a bigger one.  Zal hadn't seen it since she was too busy watching the Tatterdem's every move.  She tripped, only a stumble, not enough for her to go tumbling but enough of a jerk for her to be seen.  Crap. she thought.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/28/2010 9:30 PM

Shanks eyes narrowed even more, he thought he had seen something.
"Haha, you think you can hide forever!" He shouted.
His grin grew as he raised his fabric hand. He pointed it to where he noticed the flicker, then swung in the direction. He hoped to hit something, finally showing the coward how to be brave. Maybe even knocking it into sight.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

(1.0)

Postby Remedy » 06/29/2010 12:20 AM

Zal jumped quickly, clawing her way up the wall and holding on to whatever small ledge she could find.  "Didn't your mom ever teach you not to try to hit a girl?!" she said, hanging on for dear life.  But, what goes up must come down.  The ledge she was hanging on gave way, and within seconds she fell right onto the Tatterdem's fabric arm.  She didn't know what else to do, since now she was in plain sight, so she simply bit down as hard as she could on the Tatterdem's arm.  She didn't know if it was enough for the creature to feel pain, or if it could even feel anything, but she could feel and hear the fabric tearing.  She clawed at it as well, trying anything to escape.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/29/2010 12:35 AM

Shanks growled and swung his arm around, attempting to whip the beast off. The last thing he needed was his clothed arm to get damaged.
"You little brat!" He shouted.
He prepared his bladed hand, raising it in the air. If he couldn't throw her off, he was going to defend his self.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

(1.1)

Postby Remedy » 06/29/2010 12:51 AM

Zal's eyes raised to the clawed hand.  She immeadiately jumped off and landed quite gracefully on her feet in the shadows.  Her ears laid back flat and she bared her teeth, hissing.  "Don't come any closer.  I didn't mean to hurt you, I was only curious." she doubted it would do her much good since the Tatterdem seemed like it was looking for a fight. She tried to seem as fierce as possible, though she doubted it was working very well.  "I came here to hunt, not to be hunted." she said sternly, once again edging her way back tward the tunnel.  She was sure the Tatterdem knew her location, but she didn't want to make to sudden movements anyway.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/29/2010 1:09 AM

Shanks growled again and examined his arm.
"That hurt!" He shouted, not good at talking when he was angry.
He growled again, his rib like pieces bobbing faster now. His scarf was stiff, like the back hairs of a dog when it was alert.
"If you didn't want to be hunted, then you should have stayed away from me!" He finally shouted, after seeing his wounds were minor.
He had seen it was a cat like pet, not knowing the real species name. So he knew that the beast could have spotted him in the dark before he spotted it. So why did it approach him? He didn't care, he was to angry to reason, he just wanted to get revenge.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

(1.2)

Postby Remedy » 06/29/2010 1:21 AM

Zal hissed again.  "So I take it you do feel pain?" she asked sarcastically.  She began moving faster now, wanting to get out of here as soon as possible.  She hadn't planned on having any slip-ups today, and Alarice would be very happy if she came home in a cardboard package chopped up in tiny pieces.  
When Zal finally reached the tunnel, she slowly backed into it.  "You really need to learn some manners, mister.  Or are you a girl?  It's hard to tell, you know, with Tatterdems.  My name's Zal, by the way.  Well, it was nice meeting you.  I gotta run.  See ya.  Text me!" With that and a couple hysterical giggles, she slipped through the tunnel and ducked around the corner.  She stopped and stayed as still as possible, planning to ambush the Tatterdem if- when it came after her.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/29/2010 1:35 AM

Shanks growled, he wasn't going to let the brat get away like that. He threw his bladed hand behind him and he dashed after her. His rage pumping through him, fueling every part of his body. He hated being defeated, and hated cowards even more. He would not let this weakling just run away from a battle.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items