Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Stingers and Stone {P/Mousen}

Postby Azura Rayume » 07/29/2010 6:42 PM

Jaden clicked his way through the cavern, mechanical mind whizzing as he mentally surveyed the map of the area. A turn up ahead should get him where he wanted to go although he only had a vague idea of where exactly that was supposed to be. Azura had heard of a city deep below the surface, and that the only way to gain access to said city was through the caverns. Jaden had gone, though not without his typical grumbling.

"Go one, Jaden, It'll be fun." Even now his mechanical voice muttered on to the darkness, LED eyes staring at all the runes in triplicate. "I'll just have to tell her that there was nothing fun at all about this excursion, that's for sure." If a robot could scowl, he would have. Instead he resorted to flicking his tail a bit to work out his irritation.

At times like this he wished he had been one of those Scorpinches without a programmed personality. Then he would remind himself that Azura would have simply had someone program something into him. Probably something bubbly and friendly. Another flick in lieu of a scowl. If there was one thing he couldn't stand more than idiots it was bubbly people. The idea of him being one of those personalities sent his circuits spinning.

He clicked his way down the halls, still muttering to himself about how boring this outing had quickly become. He could only hope for something to blip on his internal radar to liven things up.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Re: Stingers and Stone {P/Mousen}

Postby Mousen » 07/29/2010 7:31 PM

Why she was here; to be quite frank Cynthia had not the slightest idea. Shed been told to "get out" by an irate, over stressed teen and been screamed at by another. So she was quite confused. She had yet to realize Phoebe screamed at everything, from peanut butter to her own reflection. So seeing a mechanical arachnid, it's species one that had a macabre reputation; had been far to much for the girl to bear. It didn't help she'd let her assignment escape again. Felix, he was called. Cynthia had been ecstatic to be told her assignment had a name. She had one simple task, well it had seemed simple at first; trying to stop a slightly mad palowockee bent on his own destruction had been, to say the least, difficult. To watch him there, his heart completely broken; had smashed her's too. But, after all, as she'd been reminded by Golem; her job was to serve. The emotion was a fault she'd have to get over. Cynthia wasn't sure what she'd do if the sad boy had a relapse. It was only Verse; he being a non-mechanical version of her, that understood her feelings.. Well she saw it that way, Verse was a councillor, there to help another member of the group; while she was merely to stop Felix from hurting himself, using any means necessary; it would be then he was sent to someone like Verse. Her life was a rather sad one, built to serve a depressive, built to feel all his pain as her own, but never show it.

Even so, Cynthia felt quite happy as she skittered down the infamous caves. She'd chosen here randomly, because to her surprises were much more fun. Infact Cynthia loved surprises, her outlook on life being a childish one. It wasn't often she got her head around some of the more complex emotions. Seeing the stalactites drip, reminded her of something; her assignment to be exact, Felix. According to Mousen, though she was a tad unusual these days, she'd been forced to chuck Felix out of the house after he'd snapped, snapped in a mental sense as well as in a violent sense too. It looked as if he'd managed to fracture another's    arm, that was seemingly the last straw for the stressed girl and her hollowheart guardian. Cynthia wondered where he was. If he was even the tiniest bit hurt, her whole assignment would have failed. Her mechanical heart skipped a beat. Though she'd been told to get out, by someone who she was forced to obey orders from, therefore... Her little eyes lit up. For it would mean a direct order cancelled out another's old request, Cynthia's assignment was for her duration here; but a direct order must be obeyed above that. So she was here, sufficiently "out" in her opinion.

(Her character and place in my plot's quite depressing actually. Sorry about that.)

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Azura Rayume » 08/02/2010 9:44 PM

Jaden paused in his walk, internal sensors whirring away in the dark. There was the blip he had been looking for. Something small was a few twists and turns away, though it was unfortunately behind him. He muttered something about excitement being out of his way before turning round to head toward the whatever-it-was that had appeared on his radar.

He quickly reconsidered that as he noticed the dot moving toward his current position at a pretty good clip. He thought that odd; more things didn't move that fast as far as he could remember. Well, no point in arguing with the sensors; they were usually right more often than the thinking part of his circuits. He instead skittered over to a small outcropping of rocks. The mischievous part of him, the part that took pleasure in teasing people who came to the gates of his mistress's home, took over here. He crouched behind the rocks as well as a mechanical scorpion could, shut down all external lighting besides his visual sensors, and curled his tail low. Now he should be nearly invisible in the darkness and the dankness of the cave. He was planning on having a bit of fun with whatever was about three clicks behind him.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/03/2010 5:26 AM

Cynthia, hummed happily to herself, seemingly unaware of the danger the caverns had. To her, this was just a game, her own safety never taken into account; for it was Felix she was programmed to look after; not herself. With a happy hum she skittered further into the caves, her mechanical legs sending little pieces of stone crashing into the walls of the caverns with a satisfying clunk. Stalagmites and Stalactites dripped and were dripped upon, like most of the population Cynthia was at a loss as to which was which. "Is it that the mites go up? No, I was sure it was the other way around with the stalagmites-" at this she broke off with an irritated sigh.

Having infra-red eye sight was very good thing in the dark of Craiss Caverns. "Hey!" Cynthia called in a half-whisper. "What are you playing hide-and-seek down here for?" She giggled, it clashed somewhat with the innocent monotone of her voice.

(Shortish, sorry.)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Azura Rayume » 08/11/2010 8:12 PM

What? How could the blip see him ,and why did it believe him playing a child's game? He kept his lights off and remained still nonetheless, unsure of how to proceed. Normally things didn't see him when he hid from them, especially under the current lighting circumstances. He took a moment to run the voice through his audio processor. He suspected there was something not so normal about the blip.

The results confirmed that a moment later. The voice held a quality similar to his own, almost organic with a tinny hint around the edges of words. Wonderful, another AI. This one sounded particularly cheery, which made the situation even odder. His tail weaved to and fro in a sort of sulking manner as he really hated dealing with cheery AIs. He had two of those at home, two too many in his opinion. It sounded female, childish, in his opinion stupid. Yes, this was turning into such a lovely outing... He just couldn't wait to forget it.

[[Sorry I took so long. Muse is such a fickle thing, and he's bouncing between here, Samenia, and four fanfictions. I just hope he doesn't die on me.]]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/12/2010 2:28 PM

Cynthia stared at the scorpinch a few feet away with some interest, why wasn't it talking. Was it a mute? Why would it be a mute anyway? Golem could talk. Cynthia would have frowned at the other, much larger scorpinch, except she wasn't able to she she made do with clicking her pincers in a bemused manner. "Can't you talk or are you choosing not to talk to me?" This was a great deal sharper than she'd intended; it being the voice she used to snap Felix out of his flashbacks. She felt a little touch of guilt at that; perhaps she should apologise. After all she didn't want it to think her mean.

"Erm... Who ever you are; I'm didn't mean to sound quite so... angry." Her speech sounded very young; childish even. Her mind (if you could call it that) was more advanced than most things, yet her maturity didn't match up to it, not in the least Perhaps it was what her maker intended, as she was programmed to deal with a depressive was it only right that her mental age was that of a child's, perhaps so she could deal the intensity of  emotion that Felix carried with him; so she didn't understand it enough for it to hurt her.

[Don't worry, my muse for this topic's been a little off too. Stupid Haresnap. xD (Haresnap is my seal/crocodile muse thing xD]

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 08/22/2010 3:37 PM

I believe this is the first time I've met a robot with ADD, Jaden thought bitterly, his mechanical mind whirring along unhappily. He though the two Velixes back home were annoying, but the had programming malfunctions. This one seemed to be programed to be like this, the idea of which annoyed him. He couldn't understand why anyone would want something as dangerous as a Scorpinch to be so... so... immature. He supposed there was a reason for it, and he wouldn't agree with that reason if he ever found out exactly what it was.

Since remaining silent didn't seem to be driving the other mechanical arachnid away, he skittered to the top of the rock he had been hiding behind, glowing eyes glowering at the other as the rest of his external lighting ignited. "Perhaps I would have spoke sooner if I thought you competent," he said, digital voice irritated. "Apparently you are determined to associate with me, and I am begrudgingly allowing conversation for the moment." He stopped there, though his mind added "I reserve the right to break that conversation if I find you less than intelligent."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/29/2010 11:03 AM

"Good." If the v3 perhaps had an expressive face it would be grinning. Though since she couldn't smile Cynthia made do with swishing her barbed tail around somewhat like a dog might, minus the poisonous sting of course. "Oh, I almost forgot to introduce myself; how rude of me. I'm Cynthia mk1; built as a scorpinch v3, but reprogrammed for my assignment's purposes." She told the other mechanical creature, her voice a simple monotone. She were obviously a happy creature; as such her voice always seemed odd coming from her.

Looking around the cavern Cynthia was amazed at the variety of shapes the rock had made; it was in a childish awe she regarded the occasional sparkling crystal with. She was a very odd mixture of both efficient machine; a gentle councillor and a young child. "Would you be so kind as to tell me your name and model?"  

(Sorry for the wait. My muse poofed. D:)

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 09/10/2010 11:35 PM

Yet another instance where he would have rolled his eyes. Jaden found introductions tedious, but the idea of including his make and model as well as the name he had been given was simply annoying. He avoided such information whenever possible simply because he refused to be acknowledged by such trivial data that made him nothing more than a number. He was too much of an individual for that.

Still... She had requested the information as well as provided her own. He may have been rude, but he was not about to deny that request since she had initiated the data exchange. "Jaden, Scorpinch v2. Numerical designation: b88215-2," he said quickly, his tone sounding practiced even for a machine, before falling silent again.

Of course he had come to hate than number in every way possible. Azura assumed that the reason he was so cynical was due to what he had gone through on the testing floor since he was a beta version of the original v2 program. And she was right.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/19/2010 6:03 PM

(DX *Begs at feet* Forgive me. DX I'm So, so sorry not replying. D8 )

"Thank you." The scorpinch replied, suddenly sounding more level, even less... hyper perhaps? "I'm guessing you don't like saying that?" That would explain it, Cynthia had gone into counselling mode. Perhaps she could do the cynical scorpinch some good. Then again, judging his actual attitude, perhaps not. "It always helps to talk about you're issues, you know. Well that's what my data-base tells me... It doesn't seem to work for my assignment... I can't understand it, actually. There's facts behind this and everything, then again they're all unique, perhaps like me Felix is defective. I wasn't supposed to be like this, my emotion is a fault. I have to be more like the V2 at my home. He's a bit like you, minus the negative emotion... Or any emotion at all." Though her words were dark, her tone remained relatively cheery. It sounded odd. There was clearly more to her than one would expect.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate