Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Re: Danger in more than ways than one {Hunt, Hannah & I}

Postby Hannah Kerela » 12/01/2010 11:28 PM

Sherlock chuckled. "Why, absolutely! In fact, many cultures eat the very plants we merely consider pretty - after all, how did man discover that we could eat fruit except by trying?" He seemed relaxed, though his eyes occasionally surveyed the area briefly for any possible threats.

Adelle glanced back. "Sherlock, I fail to see how you can encourage things like that."

"It's logical, Adelle. They're perfectly safe, and many have nutritional properties. It's better to eat flowers, at any rate, than your abundance of chocolates."

"Oh, do shut up." Adelle, however, was grinning - this was standard for her and Sherlock, to bicker.
So see the leaves fall to the ground,
And see them lying all around,
But still I can't see you.
And there's a wind that plays in the air
Flying around, how it does not care,
And the seasons pass away,
And I still sit here lonely each and every day,
Wondering what's gone wrong
'Cause I don't remember seasons lasting oh so long,
Oh so long...

Hannah Kerela
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 58
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/02/2010 10:48 PM

"H-hey! Candy is healthy you know! And plus, how the heck would flowers be edible?" Rima-chan turned her head to glare at the two of us, sighing at the end.

In what way did Rima-chan think that eating candy was actually healthy? From what I had heard, candy was really bad for your teeth and can cause you problems when you get older. But they also say that it's really good. I sighed - at least Sherlock was taking my side, though. It seemed he was really the only sensible one here. Not that I had anything against Adelle, though!

"Adelle, so, you eat chocolate a lot, right? I like hard candy more, but chocolate is great too!"

Gosh, she could get so annoying. Either way, I wasn't just going to listen to her rambling on like that. I had to take this chance to start my own conversation!

'Sherlock... What does candy taste like?'

(Ugh, I'm lucky my muse could pull off this much at the moment... x.x My muse just woke up for a few minutes, but apparently decided it was tired and went back to sleep, leaving me stranded. >.>)

{{Hana: 16, Rima: 9}}

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby Hannah Kerela » 12/03/2010 1:25 AM

"Hardly what I would call healthy," Sherlock returned good-naturedly. "And flowers are quite the delicacy in some areas - no more strange, really, than fruits or berries." He turned back to Hana, smiling. "It's... sweet. Most of it has either a milky or a fruity flavor. I'm not a fan of the stuff, myself, but Adelle is far too fond of it."

The man looked in Adelle's direction. "She really isn't so bad... Just enthusiastic and illogical." And nothing like Watson, he added, mentally, before subtly digging a nail into his wrist to stop that train of thought.

Adelle grinned. "Hard candies are nice for when you're on the go," she agreed. "It's hard to fight if you're also holding a candybar in one hand - however, not only do hard candies taste good, but they make good projectiles." She blushed. "However, yes. I do eat quite a bit of chocolate - my not-so-secret vice."
Oh so long...

Hannah Kerela
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/04/2010 12:29 AM

Like I thought before, Sherlock must be the only sensible one here. Then again, if they were actually the sensible ones... what would this world be like?! I sighed and mentally yelled at myself for thinking of something so ridiculous. If that was the case, all we would have to eat would be sweets and the world would be colored neon. That wasn't going to be pretty.

'I've never had candy, but it sounds weird...'

Something that tastes milky or fruity? I accidentally spilled some apple juice into my milk glass when I was smaller; that tasted awful. Now that in the form of hard candy? The thought of anyone even liking it was just plain gross. And goodness knows what the creator  of candy was thinking at the time... With Sherlock's next comment, though... It seemed that there was something more behind it than just casually saying something about Adelle. I couldn't quit place it though and just decided to go back to thinking about candy.

'Sherlock... Do you think it's weird... that I've never had candy before?'

I forgot how we even got on the subject of talking about candy, but it at least seemed like Rima and Adelle were enjoying it. But really, using candy as a projectile? Even though it's hard candy, is not like it's anywhere near the strength of a bullet, or for that matter, even some pieces of wood.

"Eating too much chocolate makes my stomach hurt sometimes, but I still love it!"

{{Hana: 17, Rima: 10}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Hannah Kerela » 12/04/2010 12:37 AM

"That's not weird at all," Sherlock said. "If anything, it's downright smart." He moved closer, looking at Hana with intense interest. It was odd, how focused he was on her, at this point - he wasn't analyzing anymore, just conversing. "So, what is it you do for fun, Miss Hana?"

"Same here," Adelle agreed. She glanced back at Sherlock, then lowered her voice to make sure he didn't hear her. "Hey, thanks again for letting us walk with you guys... I haven't seen him that focused since... well, awhile. I think Hana's good for him." Sherlock was like her brother; she wanted to see him normal, if not happy.
Oh so long...

Hannah Kerela
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/04/2010 1:19 AM

I smiled as I wrote down what I was going to say next. He was the exact opposite of Rima-chan, he was someone I could actually talk to without being called weird or my habits being called weird. Surely he was going to be my friend for a long time, right?!

'Well, I read a lot. I draw sometimes, too. But when I'm not doing that, I'm usually talking with my sister or Rima-chan, or some of my other friends. Oh! I also like swimming! ^^'

I glanced over at Rima-chan and Adelle, but they had already stopped being so noisy. It might not be weird for Adelle, but suddenly going quiet or whispering was definitely something to be alarmed about with Rima-chan. I sighed and looked back at Sherlock. I was probably never going to know what they were talking about...

Rima lowered her voice as well; it wouldn't be good if those two had heard what they were talking about. In fact, it would most likely be a catastrophe. "That is true. I've noticed that even Hana has been more talkative than usual." she paused, taking a few seconds to register the last part. "By good for him... do you mean as friends... or, well... something a bit more?"

(I think Hana-chan must be my favorite character now. xD She's just so cute and innocent. X3)

{{Hana: 18, Rima: 11}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Hannah Kerela » 12/04/2010 1:32 AM

"Ah, all good hobbies," Sherlock agreed. "I'd be lost without the ability to read: I get most of my entertainment - and most of my work, for that matter - by reading." He chuckled, catching her glance in the other girls' direction and watching them for a moment. "Why am I suddenly very worried?" he muttered.

Adelle grinned. "Honestly, I don't know," she admitted. "Sherlock... Is odd. He either doesn't care, or cares too much. There's no middle ground... But I don't even know if he's capable of a romantic attachment." She shrugged, not sure of what else to say - sure, Sherlock had gotten far too attached to Watson, but that had never seemed romantic so much as a deep friendship.

But, then, he'd never watched Watson like he was watching Hana, either. Adelle had no clue what to make of it.
Oh so long...

Hannah Kerela
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/04/2010 1:50 AM

I sighed. Knowing all the things that Rima-chan could do, all the things she was capable of... Either way, something was going to turn out bad, no matter how you looked at it. It always did whenever Rima-chan is like that. And even more, since they were whispering... It was obviously something that they didn't want me and Sherlock to hear.

'Well, if Adelle is anything like Rima-chan, you probably should be worried. But...' I paused for a second to look at the girls again, still whispering (to my complete horror), before I started writing again. 'What exactly do you do for work?'

I figured a change of subject was good, right? Anything to keep my mind off of my impending doom that was going to be caused by Rima-chan... and probably Adelle too, the way things were looking at the moment.

"Hana-chan, as far as I know, hasn't ever even liked a boy... She's fifteen already and hasn't even had a puppy crush. By her age, most girls would have already fallen in and out of what they think is love a thousand times..." Rima paused for a minute, noting the almost exasperated tone in her voice, "Yeah, chances are, they're only ever going to be friends."

{{Hana: 19, Rima: 12}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Hannah Kerela » 12/04/2010 11:06 PM

Sherlock chuckled at her first response - yes, he should certainly be worried, he decided. Adelle and Rima shouldn't be left alone, he guessed - he knew Adelle was mischievous, and he surmised that Rima was, as well. At Hana's question, though, he blinked.

"Me? I'm a consulting detective," Sherlock explained. "I help the police when they're in over their heads - which is all of the time, mind you - or when the police have failed to do their job at all."

Adelle chuckled. "Probably for the best. Sherlock's not exactly a healthy influence on anyone. He's crazy smart, don't get me wrong, and a good guy, but... Well, he and society don't get along."
Oh so long...

Hannah Kerela
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/05/2010 1:17 AM

I smiled again. So basically, he was like a police officer, kind of... right? I mean, he helped police officers, so of course he was at least grouped with them. And either way, police officers were kind of like detectives, and vice versa.

'So, in other words, you're someone pretty important, right? I mean, police are important. If we didn't have them, who knows what the world would be like!'

Rima sighed and smiled a bit. "Well... like you say, if she is good for him... if they end up, well, liking each other..." she took a quick, cautious glance back towards the two before continuing, "If Hana-chan is happy, then that's all that matters to me!"

(Bleh, short post. Kinda frustrated with this one program... Can't get it to work to save my life. TT_TT)

{{Hana: 20, Rima: 13}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Hannah Kerela » 12/05/2010 9:08 PM

Holmes blinked - clearly, he'd never considered himself in that light. He looked at her curiously while he thought for a moment, then spoke:

"Well, I guess. I mostly do it because I find it enjoyable, really. The thrill of the chase is what I live for."

Adelle chuckled. "That's true. If they can both be happy, then whatever relationship they have is absolutely fine by me."

(Gah, sucky post. Essay for English sapped my brain.)
Oh so long...

Hannah Kerela
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/12/2010 2:50 PM

I looked at Sherlock curiously. The thrill of the chase... I was always on the safe side. I never particularly liked that much action. I mean sure, some here and there was fine, but... I had always preferred peace above all else. I mean, I hated seeing people get hurt, so I always tried to play it safe. Sometimes to the point where some people had considered me boring.

'Hey, promise me you'll be careful, then? I wouldn't know what to do if you got hurt.' I realized what I had just said and swiftly wrote more, 'I mean, I would hate to see anyone get hurt!'

I quickly looked away, avoiding Sherlock's gaze, knowing that I was surely blushing. I had to be more careful; I could say things like that to Rima-chan and my sister, but Sherlock was a guy. And saying things that that to a guy - when you're a girl - could be interpreted a thousand different ways.

Rima nodded. "She's had a fair deal of suffering. I don't know if she remembers it all, but... She really does deserve to be truly happy. So does Sherlock. Basically everyone does, but especially her... I just worry about her sometimes."

{{Hana: 21, Rima: 14}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Hannah Kerela » 12/14/2010 11:35 PM

Sherlock felt himself flush faintly, and he nodded. "Alright. I promise I'll be careful," he said, quietly.

For all his intelligence, he lacked an algorithm for discerning the meaning behind phrases like that - what was he to do, except promise, and hope that pleased her? He found himself genuinely wanting to make her happy, moreso: he would try to be careful.

Adelle nodded. "I get the feeling. After Dr. Watson died... Well, I'm just glad he's functioning again." She smiled grimly. "I still worry, though."
Oh so long...

Hannah Kerela
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/21/2010 2:41 AM

I blushed again, but still looked up at Sherlock, regardless. I smiled and mouthed the words 'thank you'. His words, somehow, had an incredibly genuine feeling to them, like he really did mean it. I was relieved because of that, somehow. And it was kinda embarrassing, but I was also glad. Like I had said earlier, although I didn't want to admit to myself, even, I wouldn't know what to do if he got hurt.

I had a few friends, but not many. I mean, most people never talked to me, and most of the ones that did, honestly, just weren't people I wanted to be friends with. So, I never tried to get close to them. I mean, who wants to be friends with someone that they really don't wanna be friends with? But Sherlock, and Adelle too, were already precious friends to  me. I smiled and looked away. Haha, maybe I thought about things just a bit too much?

Rima sneaked a quick look back at the two and smiled. She put her arms up behind her head as she turned back, looking at Adelle. "Say, Adelle? Do you like anyone?"

{{Hana: 22, Rima: 15}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Hannah Kerela » 12/21/2010 6:45 PM

Adelle smiled a bit. "Well, I guess I sort of do. I mean, I don't even know the guy, but Sherlock's brother is just so... Powerful, I guess. He comes off as a guy who knows how to get what he wants." She shrugged. "I guess I find that kind of attractive."

Sherlock smiled at her. "The world needs more people like you," he commented. "That actually care about the well-being of others."

((Crappy short post, I know, I'm sorry. Dx))
Oh so long...

Hannah Kerela