Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Seems I'm Old. [P-Akail Hunt]

Postby Celtic » 12/05/2010 7:37 PM

Quail had grandbabies. She had great-grandbabies. So there for, she was old. That, in case you didn't know, is not a happy fact. In fact, Quail decided she was over-due for a midlife crisis. So, to kick start the beginning of a crucial chapter in her life, Quail decided to invite a few of her granddaughter and her friends to go a-hunting! Nevermind her bad leg.

So, with a pack slung over her shoulder and the girls not here yet, Quail decided to go trouping on her own, telling the person at the front of the cave to tell them to come right on in. After all, she wanted to be independent and like a teenager again, right?

First thing that came to her mind was the fact it was dark. And not just dark, but DARK. Like D-A-R-K dark. But, being irresponsible, she had forgotten a flashlight or any sort of lighting device. Oh well. She could get through this on her own, and she would! Until the girls got here. Then it would be better. Hopefully.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Re: Seems I'm Old. [P-Akail Hunt]

Postby Celtic » 12/05/2010 9:48 PM

Her mother was a loony. After moving and travelling for several years before coming to find her long lost mother, that was the conclusion she came too. That and she had far too many siblings and people in one house. Thank god she had missed the move though, that (according to Tommy-her half sister) was complete hell. But thank god she was not making this a mommy daughter outing, she was at least allowed a friend. That, in and of itself, was a godsend. Carina wasn't completely certain she could last a whole day, or weeks with her mom in a small enclosed space such as Craiss Caverns. Which reminds me, why in the world did she choose this place?! Why not somewhere with escape routes, like... Oh, I dunno, anywhere but here?!

Carina took a deep breath. Quail wasn't going to drive her insane. After all, daddy did say she was a shy little thing when she was younger, and talking to her siblings just assured her that she was normal. Once upon a time. Though Quail did have a heck of a teenage-dom and even young adult life. She fell in love several times, and had far too many children. Carina never much liked having siblings, and to suddenly have this many? It was crazy. Absolutely crazy. But every once in a while it was a good thing. After all, they seemed to be pretty close to one another. In fact, everyone seemed to care a lot about everyone else. It was strange. But nice.

There. Carina saw the caves, just in time to see her mother's tails go inside. She could either follow her mother now, or wait for her friend and do it later. Carina took the obvious choice and plunked herself down to wait on her beloved guest.

[1]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/06/2010 6:24 PM

Ghita sniffled. Carina was bringing her someplace strange again and the last time she accepted her feet got grime on them and her pearls were almost stolen. Pearls that had been passed down through her family for ages and pearls she was not risking again. Which is exactly why she.... forgot to take them off. Shit! Ghita growled slightly at herself. So far, today was not a good day. Not for her at least. It was a very bad day indeed.

But, as usual, Ghita didn't really get much time to complain or wallow in self pity because Carina had spotted her. After all, it was a little hard not to spot her slight purple frame a midst all the rock and wildlife. Sighing inwardly, the small lucain trotted over to great her friend, who thankfully looked just as thrilled about this trip as she did.

[1]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/06/2010 6:31 PM

Quail, while her daughter was taking her sweet time, had already managed to get herself into a bit of a predicament. A long time ago (maybe like ten minutes) Quail lost all source of light and was successfully getting herself incredibly dirty. Thank goodness it was dark, after all she must look absolutely horrendous. Her fur was probably all sooty and grey and there were probably cuts all over! After tripping over the upteenth rock, the defeated lucain finally just sat herself down, ready to cry.

"I can't do this! I jut simply can't do this. Time to go back. Yes. Time to return home, and-and go for a shopping trip and a spa day! I deserve that!" She muttered, half angrily, half depressed. But the moral of her story was, just don't do it. Stick at home where you belong and don't even try the adventure thing. So after she was done crying, or sniffling as canines don't cry, Quail picked herself off the ground, did a 180 and started walking. Smack dab into a wall.

"Owwww!" Quail was just not having a good day. Not only was she all bruised and cut up, but now, she had no idea where she was going and where she had come from. The only thing to do was sit and wait for Carina and her friend to help her.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/06/2010 6:35 PM

"Ghiiiitttaaaaa!" Carina squealed to her friend. Thank god she showed up, after their last adventure together, Carina wasn't quite sure if Ghita would come to this one. In human form, naturally, they would have hugged and kissed as they do in some parts of the country, but they were lucain, so they couldn't. Neither could they shake hands, making the greeting a little bit kinda sorta awkward. But they both had decided that going through caves it'd be better to be canines. Where they actually had methods of defense and were a little less delicate then humans.

But anyways, Carina was simply glad her friend had shown up and was hoping to put off entering the cave as long as possible not knowing that her mother was probably going to die down there soon.

[2]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/12/2010 4:22 PM

Ghita, however, was in a different frame of mind. She was not very happy at all to see Carina. In fact just as she heard her little voice call out her name, Ghita realized she had been secretly hoping she had gone into the caves already. But, she was here already so she really had no way of running or changing her mind, so the lucain gave an uneasy smile to her 'friend.'

"Hey Carina... Uhm, where's Quail?" Yeah, she referred to Car's mother as Quail. A, because she honestly was the least like a mother she had ever seen and B, well, Ghita didn't want to call her Ms. A. That was just a little awkward to her. That and, she really wanted to know how quickly they could get this over with.

[2]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/12/2010 4:26 PM

Quail, unbeknownst to the other two was still a heap on the floor blocking the passage way like she was dead. Which, in her mind, was what she was. Plain and simple dead. After all, her daughter was taking her sweet time about it and what if they made a wrong turn and didn't find her for ages? Then what! She would have no where to go and she would just die of starvation and dehydration and they would find her bones years later when no one who cared about her was still alive. Oh. What a terrible death. Really though, Quail believed that if you were going to die at least have people know about it. It was truely the merciful thing to do. After all, hope was a silly little thing that led directly to despair if you were dead. What a horrible, horrible thought.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/13/2010 2:41 PM

Carina, as thrilled as she was to see Ghita again, was running out of ways to stall because her friend didn't seem to be in a very chatty mood. Which probably meant she was still angry with her. Sigh, now they had to go find her mother. Something Carina was adamantly against doing. Oh deary.

"So, uh, um, I guess we have to go find Qua-erm, my mom." Yeah, she was still in the bad habit of calling her mother Quail. After not having a mom for years, Carina still felt saying that was strange. Mom. She actually had a mom to call her mother. Ugh. So weird!

[3]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/13/2010 2:46 PM

Ghita had to smile at Carina for her awkwardness. She could understand why Carina was having troubles referring to Quail as her mom. First off, her friend was used to not having a mom, just a dad for a little while, and secondly Quail just was not the motherly type. Yes, she had those instincts but she was more of a do what you will and I will do what I want kinda person. She believed very firmly her children had to make their own mistakes and not learn from hers, which she apparently had a lot of.

"Yes, I suppose we should. C'mon sweets, lets see if she's dead yet." Which could actually be a possibility. Quail was not really one to look ahead of herself, rather focusing mainly on her paws and what was directly under her.

Ghita shook her head and led the way into the caverns, hoping they weren't as dark and chilly as people had told her.

[3]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 01/04/2011 6:55 PM

Quail was tired. She was dirty. She was not happy. So when Carrie tripped over her, literally, she was fuming. "Watch it!" She snapped, standing up and knocking her head on a rock. "Ow!" She was seething and when Ghita came up shining the flashlight, she stormed towards her, ripped the flashlight out of her mouth and stalked back the way she came. She was leaving. And she was leaving now.

Thankfully the cranky old lady didn't have any troubles getting to daylight again, switching forms, getting into her car and screeching outta there. She was not going back. Ever again. And besides. Right now? She needed a good ole hamburger.

[left]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items