Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

In a Strange New World [Self]

Postby SpringsSong » 09/19/2011 12:51 PM

"No!  Ti'ana!  What are you doing?!"

"This has always worked before... I don't know what's happening!"

"Yeesha!  Step back from there!"

"But this is the only way to fix this problem!"

"Lord Kerath!  What's happening?!"

The screams of seven beings rang through the air as the great city crumbled.  All around the High Council of D'ni, there were screams of people trying desperately to get out of the city, but to no avail.  Those who Linked out of the city died soon therafter, for the city had been poisoned, and they were all inflicted with the poison.  The only seven beings to remain in D'ni, the High Council, knew what would happen no matter how they tried to escape.

They were doomed from the start.

However, the head of the Council was not going to give up without a fight.  He called the other six Council members to his side and, in one last attempt to hold to D'ni's history, he whispered an ancient chant, rending their spirits from their bodies...
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: In a Strange New World [Self]

Postby SpringsSong » 09/19/2011 1:43 PM

It wouldn't be for another several years, but finally, the first of several Lucain began to awake from what appeared to be a magical slumber, having lived a normal life one day, and the next, having foreign memories invading and taking the place of normal memories.  The first of those memories that invaded this Lucain's mind was simply this:

I must find Katran.

What significance did that name have to him?  To the Lucain who's body he was in?  Kerath began to search his memories, and then the memories of the Lucain's whose body he was in, and then, he shuddered in shock and dismay.  Katran, to him, had been the love of his life, but Katran, to this Lucain's body, was a blood-sibling; one that had not been seen for months on end.

"What in the Maker's name is this madness?" he asked, looking around hesitantly.

Not all that far from where the male had been sleeping was a female with a similar pelt to his.  Her golden eyes slid open lazily, her mind foggy as she tried to get a handle on where she was.  Sure, this place felt familiar to her, but at the same time, it was completely foreign.  A thousand thoughts rushed in all at once, but there was one that was resounding louder and louder.

Find Kerath.

This was about when Katran heard a familiar voice say, "What in the Maker's name is this madness?", and as soon as she heard that voice, she turned tail and ran towards him, pouncing on him as soon as she saw him, but stopping short as she sniffed him carefully.

"You... the presence in your body is Kerath, but this body is related to this Lucain by blood.  How... how did this happen?!"

[1.2][1.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: In a Strange New World [Self]

Postby SpringsSong » 09/21/2011 10:02 AM

Some ways away from the first pair of Lucain, another awoke, his mind foggy as he tried to grasp where he was.  The Lucain whose body he was in had been trying to find his sister, who was apparently a powerful sorceress, but he, Aitrus, was trying to find someone quite different--a Kuhna who had never been the same after she had been imprisoned in the Slums, but something told him that he was no longer seeking a Kuhna.  Aitrus tried his best to make sense of what was happening as he finally dominated the Lucain's desire to seek his sister out, replacing it instead with a desire to find Yeesha.

I must find her.  She is the Librarian, after all; and I am her Guardian.  How could I ever forget my calling in the High Council in D'ni? he asked himself, and with that, he began to move silently through the crystal tunnels that were familiar yet not to him.

The first thing that was an indicator to Yeesha that something had changed was the fact that, when she went to stand up, there wasn't a shooting pain in her ankles from where the chains had cut into her skin.

The next indicator was that she had a third tail, and odd blades protruding from her back.

What... is this...? she asked herself as she looked into a crystal, seeing the gray and orange pelt of a female Lucain staring back at her instead of the multicolored pelt of a Cake Kuhna.  However, once she had accepted the sudden change in her appearance, she felt something pulling at her.

Aitrus.  He is somewhere nearby.  Find him.

"Aitrus?!" she cried, trying to remember why the name sounded familiar.  It did not take her long, however, and she set off in a dead sprint, heedless of the direction she was heading in.

[1.2][1.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate