Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Spirit of the Caverns [P, Training]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2012 1:28 AM

ImageImage

“This place…”

The Luxard looked down at the Mekka as he spoke. “Yes, what about it?”

Max gazed into the bowels of what was surely an ancient cavern. The darkness seemed to beckon, calling to the two who stood just out of it’s reach. “Are you certain…we will find answers here?”

“I am certain.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Spirit of the Caverns [P, Training]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2012 1:37 AM

The Mekka looked skeptical even as the Luxard stepped into the shade of the caves. He was amazed she could fit, but it seemed these caverns were large enough to accommodate her and then some. They were ancient. The feeling of great power exuded from the very rocks around him. How had she known about this place?

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

As if reading his thoughts, the Luxard spoke. “You said you wanted help. I know of someone who lives deep within the caverns. They will be able to help you with your problem. They are well-versed in the taming and control of spirits and spirit-related illness and difficulties. If you want your aid, then follow me.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Slowly, he did as he was told. Yes, he did want help. But did he want to risk such a place? His body wavered out of existence with his uncertainty. With a fluttered of his wings, he stepped into the cavern. The shadows immediately swallowed him up. With a flash, his panel lit up, and the symbols on his body glowed in the darkness.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2012 1:38 AM

“How deep does this…friend of yours live?” And how could anyone choose to live in such a place? The question remained unasked, but the Luxard was perceptive enough to catch it. “Very deep. She is…a recluse, I suppose you could say. Long ago, she was hunted for her power. She fled to the caves to seek refuge.”
[5/5, level up x 2]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2012 1:42 AM

“Oh? And this power was so great that she felt the need to hide? What kinda of person would’ve wanted to hunt her for it?” And why? Was it so coveted? He wondered, briefly, if he was getting into something that was over his head.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2012 1:43 AM

In all his years, he’d never heard of anyone who could manipulate spirits. But there was always a first time for everything. Besides, he’d even admitted to himself that a majority of his memories were missing, or fuzzy. Perhaps he’d even met this person and forgotten them. That would be rather awkward if he was to meet them again.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2012 1:43 AM

“Yes,” Snowflake replied, breaking him from his thoughts. “The power she holds is indeed immense. She is able to manipulate energy and spirits to her will. It means that she can destroy or nourish a soul. It’s a power that anyone would covet, I suppose. I personally don’t see the appeal of holding such authority in my claws. It doesn’t seem right.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2012 1:44 AM

The Mekka agreed. He himself held considerable power, but nothing like that. The ability to manipulate a creature’s very soul and energy was truly frightening. Perhaps he was making a mistake in going to see her. What if she decided he wasn’t worthy, and destroyed him?

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2012 1:44 AM

No, he wouldn’t allow that. He was powerful enough to either flee or fight his way out. He had done so in the past. Or so he thought. He couldn’t quite remember being put into such a situation. But regardless, he would never know if this mysterious person could help unless he met her. And he had to say…the Luxard didn’t exude any ill intent. So it couldn’t be all bad.
[5/10, level up x2]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2012 2:27 AM

“We have a ways to go.” Max glanced up as the Luxard spoke. “And don’t worry. I can practically feel the unease rolling off of you. She won’t hurt you. She wouldn’t hurt anyone who didn’t mean her harm. As long as you bear her no ill will, she will return in kind.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2012 2:28 AM

“Ah,” Max replied. The Luxard was remarkably perceptive. It was a bit unnerving. Perhaps he should keep his emotions from showing. He didn’t think he liked being read so easily.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“Do I unnerve you?” The Luxard’s question startled him. “Well, I suppose. Am I so easy to read?” Snowflake chuckled. “Ah, well. Yes and no. I suppose I am unusually perceptive. I am quite good when it comes to identifying someone’s emotional perspective.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“Was this a trick taught by your friend? It sounds too mystical to be real. An empathic Luxard. I believe I have seen everything now.” The beast beside him chuckled lightly as she navigated the cave with amazing ease for something her size. “Not exactly empathic. But close, I suppose.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2012 2:29 AM

“Ha, well, I’ll be sure to keep my face as neutral as possible.” he hopped lightly, his feet seeming to float through the air. The Luxard watched him navigate the deeper rocks. “You are indeed a spirit. I have never seen someone make so little noise on gravel.” he glanced down to see a multitude of tiny rocks beneath his feet, undisturbed by his presence. He smiled.
[5/15, level up x2]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next