Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Re: Avoidance [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:54 PM

“Hey Haru! You’re out late!”

The ridiculously over-enthusiastic greeting was coupled with an equally over-enthusiastic breast grope. Which in turn led to another Shinji-shaped dent in the wall.

“Damn it, Captain Hirako! What have I told you about the groping?!” Haru panted, straightening her robe and storming over to him. She grabbed his shoulder and hauled him upright, ignoring his slightly dazed look.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:54 PM

“Geeze, Haru, that was a little dramatic, don’t ya think?” he grumped, rubbing the back of his head where it had connected with the wall.

“No,” she snapped back, but she felt a smile tugging at the corner of her lips. “Not until you learn some manners. Groping women is going to get you killed one day.” She rolled her eyes as he slung an arm over her shoulder good-naturedly; she didn’t take her eyes off his wandering hand, however, which was swinging a little too close to her breast for comfort. “What brings you out here, captain?”

“Just going for an evening stroll,” Shinji replied with a wide, tooth-filled grin. “It was just good luck that I ran into you. How have you-”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:55 PM

He was cut off by the very abrupt sound of the Sereitei alarm, the high pitched crack of hammer on metal piercing the stillness of the night air. Haru jumped, and Shinji’s grip on her shoulders tightened almost imperceptibly as his face hardened in the moonlight.

“Something is up,” Haru mumbled, straining her eyes to try and see through the gloom. “Doesn’t sound good.”

“Yeah…It’s an emergency meeting,” Shinji replied, releasing Haru from his grasp and closing his eyes briefly. “Which means something bad must have happened. I’ll talk to you later, Haru.” He gave her a brief, concise wave and his smile seemed suddenly strained in the faint light of the moon. “Make sure you look after yourself, and stay safe.”

Haru nodded, folding her hands in front of her. “You too Shinji,” she murmured as he disappeared from sight. “You too.”

-------------

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

The walk back to the squad twelve barracks was a tense and uncomfortable one for Haru. The alarm was still sounding, though the interval between the clanging of the hammers was now quite substantial; that either meant the threat was over, or it was being taken care of. Haru wrung her hands together nervously as she neared the barracks; she wished she knew exactly what was going on. It wasn’t often that an emergency meeting was called, and when they were…

It was never good news.

Haru sighed to herself as she passed the squad twelve research lab; the lights were on, and many of the squad members, Mayuri included, were still inside, puttering away at some new development or another. Haru wasn’t sure she enjoyed the squad’s new directive; sure, Kisuke had come up with it, and it was fairly useful, but it wasn’t something she was good at, or confident in, and she held very little interest in developing new and useful technology. That was Kisuke’s department.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

When she reached her room, Haru abandoned all pretenses and flopped down onto her unmade futon, curling up on the soft material of the thick comforter and closing her eyes. She’d sleep for a little while, and when Kisuke returned from his meeting, she’d corner him and demand to know what was up. Then maybe they could talk about what had happened earlier.

Plucking at her hair, Haru tossed her arm over her eyes and groaned. She was such an idiot. The kiss with Kisuke had been pleasant, nice even, and she certainly hadn’t objected to it. But she couldn’t deny that a small part of her mind, perhaps even her subconscious, wished that it was Sora. She couldn’t forget him, and something inside of her whispered that it was wrong to try. She wasn’t replacing him with Kisuke…was she?

“Sora…” she whispered. “I messed this up…big time, I think.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous