Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Avoidance [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:39 PM

Haru Hokkaido, Sulkuhna

Considering that they were in the same squad, avoiding Kisuke Urahara was a remarkable feat in and of itself.

Haru had said nothing about their kiss, and whenever Kisuke tried to bring up what had happened, she found some way to derail his train of thought and slip away from him.

In the days following what he was now referring to as ‘the incident,’ Kisuke and Hiyori had traveled to the Maggot’s Nest to retrieve Mayuri Kurotsuchi to become the vice president of the Shinigami Research and Development Institute, the brain child of Kisuke himself. Hiyori wasn’t happy about the new addition to their squad, and Kisuke had yet to ask Haru’s opinion, but he was certain she was faintly disapproving herself.

----

(Here there be Bleach characters. this is a story I wrote like...way back, a loooooong time ago, and never got around to doing much with. But I'm adding onto it as I go. italics are flashbacks)

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Avoidance [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:41 PM

Currently, Kisuke was holed up in his new office turned lab, poring over his latest modifications for a new type of Gigai. It was in the early stages yet, and he was certain that once perfected, it would be the best ever created, but no matter how hard he tried, he kept getting sidetracked by thoughts of Haru and ‘the incident.’

“If you can’t get anything productive done,” the raspy voice behind him pointed out. “Then why don’t you leave so those of us who can actually concentrate can.”

Kisuke turned to look over his shoulder to see Mayuri glaring at him, his face indifferent but his eyes sparkling with malice. “You’re moping like a lovesick idiot. Get out of here and don’t come back until you can do some real work.” He punctuated his statement by lifting a beaker full of some dark colored liquid, and turning pointedly away from his ‘captain.’

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:41 PM

Kisuke blew out a long breath, realizing the strange man was right; he needed to clear the air with Haru so he could focus on his work, otherwise he‘d never get anything done. Closing his notes, he rose from his seat -- he was aware of the stares he was receiving from Mayuri, who seemed intent on making sure his ‘captain’ left the office -- and stepped out the sliding door.

“If I was Haru-” he mumbled under his breath. “-where would I be?” Probably in her room-turned-office doing paperwork.

She was always doing paperwork.

--------

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:42 PM

“See Hiyori? If you just relax a bit, your worries will just melt away!”

Haru lifted her cup of tea to her lips, taking a long, slow sip and observing the quite visibly annoyed girl across from her. She’d managed to convince Hiyori to have tea with her (no easy feat, since the girl still seemed determined to hate her for some reason or other; Haru doubted all those threats from before had helped matters at all) and had corralled her into her room to sit at the low table. An untouched cup of tea sat in front of Hiyori, and she was glaring at it as though it had just stolen her lunch money. Maybe it had, Haru thought, her lips quirking in amusement. Hiyori seemed to be adept at focusing her anger on anything she chose, even if the subject of her ire was an inanimate object.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“Come on, Hiyori,” Haru began, an uneasy look on her face. “Just try it. I promise I make excellent tea.” When Hiyori’s expression didn’t change, Haru went on. “Look, Hiyori, if you’re worried that this makes us friends or something, then I’ll keep my distance after this. I don’t know why you’re so hung up on keeping everyone at arms length. You seem to like the captain a bit better since your trip to the Maggot’s Nest at least, but-”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“Don’t,” Hiyori snarled, picking up her tea angrily and taking a large gulp. Haru thought she saw her expression shift briefly, before it settled back into its customary scowl. “Don’t even mention that place.” She tsked in annoyance, before she slammed her tea cup back on the table. “Is that what this is about? You want to ask me about it?”

Haru looked taken aback, but frowned thoughtfully. “I’ll admit I’m curious,” she said faintly, taking another sip of tea. “But no, I’m not particularly interested in what went on down there. That’s between you and the captain. I only invited you for tea because frankly…you need to stop being such an ass.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:43 PM

This time, Hiyori’s expression shifted visibly into one of shock, and she was slow enough to recover that her face remained slack for one too many heartbeats -- just enough for Haru to catch a glimpse of her obvious surprise. “What the hell are you talking about?” she snapped, her hand moving as if to knock away the cup of tea, but obviously thinking better of it when she saw Haru’s gaze sharpen.

“What I am talking about, Hiyori-” Haru began calmly. She had long since dispensed with the lieutenant’s title; maybe if she stopped acting like a subordinate and started acting like she was on equal terms with the small blonde, then something she said might make it through Hiyori’s thick skull. “-is the fact that you seem to have an intense dislike for just about anyone in your general vicinity. The captain, myself, Shinji, Mayuri, although I don’t fault you for that one. He is rather disturbing.” She paused to mull over that thought, before she continued. “So, what I’m saying is…what the hell is your problem with me?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:43 PM

Hiyori was silent, her eyes shadowed as she stared down at her lap. For one or two seconds, it seemed as though she was about to speak, but instead, she sprang to her feet, slamming her hands down so hard on the table; Haru heard it creak ominously and feared for it’s stability.

“You wanna know what my problem is with you?! Fine. Here it is!” She leaned forward across the low lying tabletop until her nose was only a few inches from Haru’s. “You think you’re so damn awesome! You think that just because you were a lieutenant in squad five, you can just waltz in here and order everyone around like you’re the captain. Well you’re not! And you’re sure as hell not the lieutenant either! And you act like you can do whatever you want and tell me what to do! You think I’m scared of you, huh?!”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:44 PM

Haru was yanked forward as Hiyori fisted her hand in the front of her robes, dragging her halfway out of her seat. She maintained a solid grip on her cup of tea, and though it sloshed about inside, it didn’t spill over the rim. “No,” Haru began, looking thoughtful. “I know you’re not scared of me. And I didn’t intend to try to take over your squad. Hiyori-” She trailed off, looking uncertain, and for the first time, uncertainty flickered across Hiyori’s face as well. “Do you know why I left squad five? Did anyone even tell you?”

“No, I-” Hiyori started, suddenly sounding unsure. What was this, a trick? “No. But it doesn’t matter! I know why! You just wanted-”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:44 PM

Haru set her cup down, her eyes dark as she gently reached up and unwound Hiyori’s hands from her robes. “Whatever you think you know, you’re wrong, Hiyori. I left squad five because…I lost someone dear to me. When I returned from that mission, after I’d watched him die in my arms, I found that his memory was all around me, and far too painful to bear. As long as I stayed in that squad, I couldn’t move on, couldn’t let myself continue as a lieutenant. I’d had everything I ever wanted in squad five, until I lost him. After that, it all felt empty, and incomplete. I chose to move to a different squad in hopes of letting go of my sadness. Maybe-”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:45 PM

She paused, her gaze distant. “-maybe I just needed an excuse to run away from his memory. Maybe I thought I could forget what he meant to me. But I didn’t really want to. I just wanted to forget the sadness.” She sighed, a long, low breath that brushed past Hiyori’s cheek and ruffled her hair. “I guess I did, in a way. Becoming a part of a new squad felt like starting over. I will never forget the man I lost, but…I feel as though I can move on now. I have laid his memory to rest for…the most part.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Hiyori’s face had slackened with surprise as she stared at the woman across from her. For a few, stunned heartbeats, she said nothing. Then, without warning, her face shifted into a scowl, and she stepped back away from the table, pointing an imperious finger down at Haru. “That doesn’t change a thing!” she declared, eyes flashing. “I’ve still got my eye on you, so don’t try anything funny, you hear me?!” She spun on her heel with a snort, and stomped towards the door, yanking it along it’s track so violently, Haru was afraid she’d tear it off. With one final, parting glare, Hiyori rounded the corner and disappeared.

“That went quite well,” Haru said to herself, her eyes turning upwards in a smile.

“What went well?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Haru glanced up from her tea so quickly, she nearly spilled it all over the front of her robes. Kisuke was standing in her doorway, a confused and almost sheepish expression on his face as he observed her somewhat crooked sliding door. “Can I come in?”

Haru nearly leapt to her feet, but managed to rise quite sedately; remarkable, considering her heart was beating a mile a minute and her lungs felt as though they’d seized up. “Uh, y-yeah,” she managed, stumbling over her rolled up futon as she rushed to grab him a cup of tea. Kisuke smiled warmly, watching her fondly as she fumbled with grabbing him a cup and pouring him a drink. He stepped into the room and sat down carefully at the table across from her seat. He didn’t give himself much time to think about how to broach the subject of ‘the incident,’ but maybe that was for the best.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:46 PM

As Haru shakily set the cup of tea in front of him and slowly lowered herself to sit across from him, Kisuke decided that perhaps the ‘head on, let’s get this over with’ approach would be best.

“Listen, about the other day-” he began, just as Haru said;

“I want to talk to you about-”

Kisuke broke off with a sheepish chuckle, rubbing the back of his head nervously as Haru slapped a hand over her mouth. “Sorry,” she squeaked once she’d lifted her hand from her lips. “You go first.” She fidgeted with her teacup, fingers idly playing along the rim, and Kisuke had to tear his eyes away from her nervous fumbling long enough to broach the somewhat delicate subject.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:46 PM

“Okay, well…I guess I should just jump in then?” When Haru’s face stayed turned towards him and her eyes remained unblinking, Kisuke continued a little more hesitantly, his voice wavering slightly. “Sorry about the other day. I didn’t mean to…well, what I mean is, I wasn’t planning on…Er, I just…got carried away. I apologize if I was too forward.”

Haru blushed darkly, and Kisuke was fascinated with how deep a shade of red she could turn. “It’s…it’s okay,” she said at last, her eyes riveted on her tea cup as she pushed it idly back and forth in her hands. “I…didn’t mind that…so much.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next