Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Darkness Within (Self/Open w/ PM) [RE2 Welcome] M: L

Postby Firetra » 10/16/2014 4:20 PM

Gallen had wandered into a mess, his world had plunged into darkness, but it wasn't much of a difference anyways. He was wandering aimlessly when he suddenly plunged downward, the walls being too narrow for him to spread his wings and fly out. He was in the air for approximately thirty seconds before his body hit the floor with a resounding thud. His head hurt and it was pitch black, except for the small beam of light that came from the hole from where he fell. "Shit," he exclaimed. He looked around for a few seconds analyzing his situation before sitting up.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Re: Darkness Within (Self/Open w/ PM) [RE2 Welcome] M: L

Postby Firetra » 10/16/2014 4:25 PM

He paced around the room for a few seconds, his vision adjusted to the darkness and he could make out some holes in the walls that seemed to lead to other places in the caverns. He poked his head in a few of them and found out that the tunnels were too small for his large body. He wandered around and decided to sit down for a while and concentrate. His head still throbbed from the fall and he wanted to gather his composure. After a while he gathered his thoughts and he started to chant in some archaic language. Seconds later he shrunk down, and he was standing there in a human form.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 10/16/2014 4:28 PM

He was in the form of a broad shouldered male, he wore a black shirt and many piercing on his ears and one on his nose. He wore torn black pants and his attire seemed to blend in with the darkness of the cave. He look around the cave some more and after a few minutes of pacing, he went through one of the crevices. The space was spacious enough for this form, rather than his large paragon form. He easily slipped through the opening and walked through the tunnel for a few meters before walked into the side of the cave. It seemed like this tunnel ended quiet suddenly.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 10/16/2014 4:34 PM

Gallen did a 180 degree turn and walked back to where he came from. He entered the large open area and looked around some more before deciding on another tunnel. The tunnel he chose this time was one that the opening was slightly smaller, one of the ones he hadn't inspected when he was in paragon form. He walked for a few seconds then suddenly the tunnel expanded and it was a little more comfortable for him to walk in. He kept walking a noticed that the tunnel was pretty long a winded around a lot. He was just about to turn back when he heard a loud constant roaring sound that came at the other end of the tunnel. He jumped into a sprint and started down the tunnel with a vigor he hadn't experienced since he got in the cave.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 10/16/2014 4:39 PM

He ran for a few hundred meters until he saw a glowing light around a bend of the tunnel. Gallen increased his pace and made a sharp turn around the bend. What greeted him was something that took his breath away. The tunnel suddenly expanded into a large room to which he was standing on a ledge above. He looked over to his right and he saw a large waterfall surrounded by some glowing crystals and some fish swimming in a pool where the waterfall flowed into. The ledge he was on had a small winding path down to the floor of the cave, which he quickly took. As he was making his way down he glanced a small hut made out of rocks and moss at the far end of the pond, previously hidden by the waterfall that blocked his vision at the top of the ledge. He quickly made his way down and ran over to the shack. He found the door and barged in without knocking. And that's when he learned that he was not alone.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 10/17/2014 5:10 PM

As he entered the single room house, he heard a voice behind him. "Umm excuse me, but you're in my house."

Gallen turned around and looked around until his eyes drifted downward towards the Stargoyle that sat looking up at him. He almost didn't see it because it blended in so well with the blackened floor. "Like I was saying," the stargoyle squeaked, "you're in my house, could I ask you to fucking leave?" As he said this he tilted his head to the side and gave a small smile, though it was less than comforting as he gave off a murderous aura around him.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 10/17/2014 5:17 PM

Gallen stood there dumbfounded, this puny excuse for a being was asking HIM to move? This was definitely not going to slide with him. He walked out of the house and out into the large open cave, he then chanted again in a low voice and quickly turned into his paragon form, engulfing the stargoyle in shadow.
The stargoyle whistled loud and long, "That's a nice trick you can do there good sir, but if you are trying to intimidate me, that's not going to work"

"Watch who you speak to pipsqueak! I am feared in both body and name, and it is you who dares to antagonize me? HA! Watch as I squash you into a miserable pulp of like the insect you are!" With this, Gallen reached out with his right foot to step on the creature. One less thorn in his side.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 10/17/2014 5:22 PM

Just as his foot touched the stargoyle's body, Gallen's body froze. He couldn't move any muscle in his entire body. The stargoyle clicked his tongue a few times, "You really need an ego check don't you buddy. Cant tell who is stronger than whom. You see my body is lined with poison, I get it from the surrounding plants in this area that I eat. My metabolism got use to the poison and over time I learned that I could hunt fish better if I line the spikes of my body with it and sit in various places in the pond. Makes for a nice treat every now and again." The stargoyle moved out from under Gallen's foot and walked over to his right side.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 10/17/2014 5:24 PM

"The poison should wear off any time now, I advise you to not move too fast or you will get severe muscle cramps." As he said this, Gallen could feel his muscles loosening little by little till he was able to gain control over them again. But he did not heed the stargoyle's warning and immediately rushed his head forward to eat the little bugger. But just as he did that a debilitating cramp rose from his neck where he turned to face the creature. He immediately stopped and fell down in pain.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 10/17/2014 5:29 PM

"Now what did I tell you? But oh noooo, don't listen to the stargoyle with poison on his body. Don't listen to little old me!" The stargoyle said in a mocking voice.

"I will get you, you slimy bastard! And once I do, I assure you, your life will be over!" Gallen said in a threatening manner.

"Yeah yeah yeah, save it for the fishes. Plus I am not slimy, I am basically a rock." As he said this he moved a little closer to his shack and inspected the door frame, now in shambles from where Gallen knocked it in. "Ahhh, look at the mess you made. You know you will have to fix it right?" The stargoyle said looking over his shoulder at the paragon still in pain.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate