Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

I see Dead People [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/29/2015 4:41 PM

The air was cool that day. Out on the playground, there were no children, save for one. She swung her legs back and forth sluggishly, but still seemed excited to be playing. To an outsider, it would appear as though she was completely alone. But just beside her, sitting on the swing, a little girl with a bright pink dress sits smiling quietly. After a few moments of friendly silence, the first child's mother appears to take her home.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: I see Dead People [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/29/2015 4:41 PM

“Shelly! Come on, sweetie! It's time to go!”

The girl hesitates, glancing to the side. She leaves the swings and rushes to her mother, embracing her.

“Mommy! I made a new friend today. Her name is Penny! She wants me to help her find her mommy.”

Shelly turns and points to the swing set, where the pink-garbed child still sits. Her mother follows her gaze, looking confused. Then she shakes her head. “Sweetheart, there's no one there. Come on, we need to get home. It's getting late.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/29/2015 4:42 PM

Shelly dutifully followed her mother, but she paused, briefly, to look back. Behind her, Penny sits on the swing, one hand lifted. She waves goodbye, her eyes smiling sadly, and the bloodstains on her pink dress shining in the waning light. Shelly hurries to catch up to her mother. When she looks back over her shoulder, Penny is gone.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/29/2015 4:42 PM

------------------

Today was the day.

Moving day.

Shelly hated that word 'moving.' She'd been hearing it for the past three months, and the only thing it did was remind her that she would leave everything familiar and so-well loved behind her. She didn't want to move, but she had no choice. Her mother had gotten a new job in a new town and Shelly was along for the ride. Literally.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/29/2015 4:43 PM

She sat in the front seat of their SUV, watching blandly as the light poles and telephone poles went by the window. She hadn't seen anything of interest yet. Well, except them, but they were hardly interesting.

It was Them.

They were here, always here. They were the dead ones.

Ever since she was small, Shelly knew she'd been different.

----

(LVL UP)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/29/2015 4:43 PM

It all started with Penny on the swings, when she realized only she could see the little girl. As she grew older, she began to discover what it was she was seeing. She didn't know what to call them. She never had: Ghosts, spirits, apparitions, whatever people wanted to call them. All she knew was that she was seeing dead people, and no one believed her when she told them. Her mother refused to think it was anything more than a phase, and had placed her in therapy, presumably to get rid of her 'imaginary friends. Shelly only wished they were imaginary.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/29/2015 4:44 PM

Shelly is quiet as they pull up to a large, two-story house. The neighborhood is silent, but beautiful. Yet, there is an ominous air here, one that feels oppressive, and Shelly can't help but shudder because it doesn't feel natural. As she exits the car, stepping out onto the pavement, a chill runs up her spine. Seeking to ignore the feeling, Shelly shoves her headphone buds into her ears and turns on her music to drown out the world around her.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/29/2015 4:45 PM

After a while, she reflects, she started to convinced herself that she couldn't see the ghosts. Shelly heads towards the house and flops down on a couch the movers have left on the front lawn until the end. She was hallucinating. She told herself that over and over and over again until she almost started to believe it. The most it did was get her out of therapy, but that didn't stop her from actually seeing them.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/29/2015 4:45 PM

Sometimes they talk to her. Sometimes they want her to do things for them, like find someone, or rest in peace. She's not really sure because she doesn't like communicating with them. They freak her out as much as anyone. Like the ones she could see now. They were scattered all around. Normally, there were more of them hanging about, but she imagined since she was new here, it would take some time for them to gather. For now, she saw only three.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/29/2015 4:46 PM

There is a man who's head sits on his shoulder, a rope around his neck. Shelly shudders when he smiles cheerily at her and waves, seeming none-the-wiser to his frightening state. She knows how that one died. Sitting on one of the armchairs on the lawn is another one, and this time it is a woman. She holds her head in her lap primly, and is dressed in a Victorian era gown. A teacup is held in one free hand, though Shelly knows it holds no tea.

---
(LVL UP)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/29/2015 4:47 PM

The woman does not smile at Shelly, but gives her a long look, as if wondering why she is dressed in pants. Shelly wonders if someone killed her with an ax, and feels a little sick. And then there's another one, wandering around the yard with bits of seaweed falling from his shoulders. His skin looks pale and almost blue. He gurgles slightly when he talks. Shelly is sure he was a victim of drowning.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/29/2015 4:48 PM

The ghosts seem to notice her gaze, and turn to stare at her. Shelly quickly looks away. It's not her business, and she doesn't want to get involved with them. Maybe if she ignores them, she surmises, they will go away. But its been nearly eight years since Penny, and she knows that no matter how much she ignores them, they aren't going anywhere.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/29/2015 4:55 PM

As she sits on the couch, Shelly gazes across the street. There is a large, creepy looking Victorian house. It sits unassumingly across from her. Its yard is beautiful, but the house itself looks dark and empty. Shelly stares at it, she realize that it is the source of the ominous feelings. Just looking at it gives her goosebumps. Her eyes narrowed, so focused on the house that she doesn't see the boy plop down beside her and hold out his hand.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/29/2015 4:56 PM

His loud voice startles her, and she jumps when he nudges her. “Oh, hey, sorry,” he apologizes sheepishly. “I thought you saw me sit down. Anyway, I'm Jack. I live a few houses down from you. Nice to meetcha.” He holds his hand out again. Shelly just stared at it, ignoring the offer.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/29/2015 4:57 PM

Jack looks slightly put-out. “Uh, right...soooo...you're new here, huh?” He turns and follows her gaze across the street, noticing what she's looking at. He makes a noise in the back of his throat. “Ah, yeah. Guess you saw that place, huh? Do you know what it is?” Shelly turns towards him, apparently interested.

----

(LVL UP)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next