Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

This Isn't My Mission [P] FIN

Postby Middy » 04/09/2016 12:40 AM

It was a bit frightening to be dropped off in unfamiliar land after beaming down to the wrong location, yet he found a small sense of comfort in the beauty of the caverns. Still, he was lost, alone, and to a lesser extent, a bit afraid of what he could run into. It was strange in that sense, up in space he felt a sense of calmness wash over him, but then again he was in his element up there. But being grounded on terrestrial soil made him feel uneasy, especially when returning to it after spending hours, sometimes days, out among the sable emptiness. Yes, he could explore the caverns further out of curiosity, or he could return home to cuddle up with his lover.

Upon further consideration he chose to explore the caverns, and if any trouble came his way, he could always beam out to safety.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: This Isn't My Mission [P]

Postby Middy » 04/09/2016 1:06 AM

The darkness inside the caverns was expected, and it didn't bother the android that much. Seeing in the dark was no problem for him, since much of his explorations in space required to see in the darkness, even if space itself was not the all encompassing void that many think of it as. Still, he traveled further within the cavern, the glowing runes catching his eyes now and then, again reminding him of the soft glow of the stars among the black. It seems like everything reminded him of his true home, the very thing he was originally built for.

Star stopped by one of the peculiar runes, turning to stare into it. Just what were these things, and what were they there for? Curiously, he pressed a hand against it, feeling a small sensation of warmth radiate from it. Did they hold some mysterious power to them? Were they magical? Oh... he knew Magic would have known what these meant, he always seemed to have the answers to the occult and otherwise.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 04/09/2016 2:17 AM

Thinking about him right now just made him ever more lonely, but he couldn't rely on him being there all the time. The more he thought about it, the more he felt like he relied on him too much, a crutch even. Even his brothers had remarked that he had a hard time being alone, except when he was in the comfort of space. This was a chance to prove them all wrong, he had shown bravery countless times, even stood in as the leader of his seven brothers-- they trusted him, and he led them well. Suffering defeat by the hands of Light's robot was only inevitable. However, that was over 100 years ago, before they were all rebuilt as reploids.

He sighed, leaning into the rune as a way of grounding himself. Once he did get back home, he could at least tell them all about his venture into the caverns, and prove that he was fine on his own. Even if he preferred to have a companion...
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 04/09/2016 6:23 PM

It was strange, the sensations he was getting from the rune sparked within him a sense of ease. Still, there was an odd sense that being around them was making him think too deeply about himself, and events that have already transpired. Maybe that is what they were capable of, some sort of enlightenment about the self? Star moved away from it, knowing that if he got too caught up in thinking too deeply, that he would make another mistake concerning relationships or even life choices. Perhaps it was best just to ignore the strange etchings in the walls and continue onward. No use staying in one place to reflect on things that didn't matter anymore.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 04/13/2016 1:42 PM

His focused turned on the walls themselves, thinking for a moment about their structure and how they were made. He recalled Gemini's lessons on rock formations and caves, coming to the conclusion that they were not natural at all, but man-made. The cave system was artificial... just like he was. In essence, he felt as though he was no longer a stranger to the strange tunnels, but rather he was a part of it in some odd way. Should he really keep going onward? What if he becomes lost, and unable to use the beaming technology to get to safety? Deciding that it wasn't wise to keep going, he turned around.

Only to realize he was already lost.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 04/13/2016 1:52 PM

What was he to do now? Radio for some help, proving once again he couldn't be alone for too long? But then again, he didn't want to be alone in some creepy cavern. Maybe he could tell a little white lie and say that he wanted company. He could tell them that it might be fun or interesting, with no chance of anything going wrong! Yeah that's it! Now who to call--- oh! A random person sounds great, maybe he will just take whomever along with him.

Some time later...
He wasn't even sure WHY he chose to follow along. It may have just been from boredom, or he was generally curious about what that silly space robot found this time. What ever the reason, Elec still found himself a bit excited. Things had gotten a bit dull at the compound, so he was quite happy about doing something more adventurous.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 04/13/2016 2:02 PM

It didn't take him long to find Star, since he beamed relatively close to his location. However, it didn't seem like the other android noticed him yet. Seeing that he had an opportunity to spook him, he went for it. Quietly, he crept up behind him, hoping that his height didn't give him away via a shadow cast by the flickering flame of a sconce. It didn't, so he got up as close as he could without giving himself away and gave a hard jab into his back. Star jumped up with a squeak and turned around, immediately scowling at his new companion, "Hey that wasn't funny! What if I attacked you or something for that!"

Elec just grinned back at him, obviously showing no sense of threat from the younger android, "Relax kid, it's not like I would have felt much from an attack from you."

Star grumbled, choosing to ignore his friend's remark. "L-let's just go onward then. I think I found something interesting before I radioed you to come here."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 04/13/2016 2:08 PM

Star continued onward, still a bit miffed by his friend's remark. Of course he could hurt him if he really wanted to, but he didn't go around proclaiming how great his upgraded attacks were. Unlike some people. Elec followed closely behind him, glancing this way and that at the strange runes and cavern formations. The two stayed quiet , Star only looking behind him to see if his companion was still there. "So, when do we find something interesting, hm? You said you thought you found something."

"It was pretty far in," he responded, feeling a tinge of nervousness since he really didn't find anything too remarkable. He was hoping he would stumble upon something of interest, rather than fessing up to a lie. "I think it was down this tunnel. I don't know, everything looks the same around here. It's easy to get lost."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 04/13/2016 2:16 PM

As luck would have it, they did stumble across something. Star glanced back at Elec with a wide grin, then back at what looked like some ancient shrine. He wasn't sure what he was looking at exactly, but at least it was something. "There it is. I think it's a shrine left here by an ancient civilization," Centaur would have been all over a discovery like that.

"Huh, and here I thought you were lying to me and wanted something else entirely," he replied, looking over the ancient stones. This really wasn't something he found all too fascinating, but it was at least something strange to break the monotony.

"I didn't bring you here for anything else, other than to be a traveling companion here. If you were expecting something, then you are out of luck there."

The older android shook his head, but didn't seem to bothered about being rejected. Star was just too focused on the task at hand, that was all. Maybe he should just humor him so he could go home sooner.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 04/14/2016 7:23 PM

"You know Elec, I was thinking..." Star said, kneeling down to brush some loose dirt away from an ancient stone plaque, "I could always treat you to something later for coming out here."

Elec drew closer to the younger robot, kneeling down beside him to see what he discovered. As he brushed away the dirt, it revealed lettering in a language unfamiliar to them. He shook his head, "That would be nice. I just have to think of what I want, as for what you just found there," he scanned the lettering again, "as for what that says, I don't think we can even harness a guess."

Star nodded, deciding that it would be best to move on instead of staying in one place for too long. "You are right, let's keep going then."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 04/16/2016 1:26 AM

((Wrapping this up now!))

Venturing further into the cave didn't yield too many interesting results, mostly since Star kept claiming that he heard something deep inside the cavern. Elec ignored it for the most part, indeed telling him that he heard the same thing, and whatever was lurking inside would be of no problem for them to take down. Star was just having none of it, telling him that he didn't want to kill anything and they should just leave. Eventually Star wore him down, and they headed back the way they came, deciding it was best just to leave it as is and maybe come back with more people.

After all, Star did forget why he came back to solid ground in the first place. It certainly wasn't to explore some old ruins in a creepy cavern.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate