Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Re: Dungeon Crawl? Dungeon Crawl! [Open!][HUNT]

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/29/2016 1:57 AM

(sorry too, things got a bit hectic here.
reply will be  short too, sorry again)

The group made their way back through the tunnel, their various lamps must have looked like a bizarre mini light show from far away. Rhys was quite happy to hear that they had both a mechanical and, if Lusrds words where true, a organic warning system if something was up with the air. They too had similar equipment. back at camp. because enitally this had been planned to be just a short scouting mission in the bigger tunels.
oh well.

Rhys shrugged. "Eh, I dunno. Maybe we need to work on our people skills, we get that whole 'dont go there or you will be doomed' thing by locals quite a lot" he threw a meaningfull look at Octanne, who was walking in front of him.

The other man was, again, dangerously focused on Lusrd, but luckily diverted his attention towards something that looked like a partially caved in tunnel. "hey....is that 'our' tunnel?" he asked, quickening his pace towards the rubble, and ducking beneath one of the slanted support beams to shine his light deeper down the way, completle silencing any danger alert that may go off in his head. . "Whatever it is, looks like only the start is kind of wonky.'s far as I can see the rest is fine"
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/30/2016 3:04 AM

(( Going to write one long reply and cut it into 4 shorter, legal ones to get my quota for the thing. Thanks for replying diligently up until this last week. xD You can continue with me on this journey, or not. S'up to you but I won't slow down if I have a post to do. Lets go! ))

“Well maybe they were too scared to threaten Lusrd. He's a big softy on the inside, though.”
“Yes, exoskeleton means everything on the inside is soft.”

Was Lusrd always so literal? Grid didn't think so and suspected this emphasis on his own differences was for his one-man-unsublte-audience that was Octane. That or Lusrd wanted to put serious emphasis on the fact that he was not soft or too be taken lightly. Grid patted the insects arm before she pushed past him to check out the caved in tunnel.
“Oh... Hmm...”
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/30/2016 3:04 AM

It was very promising in terms of what Grid had on her map. The main tunnel didn't seem to go much further than this, large rubble consisting of boulders of crystal and stone lay ahead, with a distinctive wall behind it. That didn't seem to lead any further, where as this...

The wall of stone here was interrupted, almost sagging and in its place were crystals and a splintering bit of support. It looked as though some attempt had been made at keeping it it open while exploration occured, but the earth had shifted and the thick beams of wood looked as supportive as toothpicks. In the harsh light of their lamps the wood had a grey look, and where it was splintered the wood looked just as old. The break was hardly new, and the site seem barely disturbed.

The crystal around the opening was like the rest of the crystals scattered about, purple and pink in hue down this tunnel. When Grid shone her light directly on the crystals it would throw a rather dazzling light display scattering across the walls of the otherwise drab stone of the tunnel.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/30/2016 3:06 AM

Lusrd clacked his mandibles.
“Will it throw colours like that always?”
“Uhm... Probably,” Grid laughed uncomfortably, turning down the brightness of her lamp before scooting towards the opening.
“Not exactly a safe bet, what with it having already collapsed, but from the looks of the wood there hasn't been any shifting since this first break, which looks like it was a few years ago.”

The beetanke's antennae twitched.
“Yes, but hasn't had visitors in years, likely...”

Grid grunted and crouched down.
“Well my senses haven't gone off, so I'm sure it's safe enough.” And with that she entered the tunnel.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/30/2016 3:07 AM

“Hey!” Lusrd squatted down in front of the tunnel opening, the three fingers of his hand hovering nervously just under the wood, ready to catch the ruined beam if it looked like it might give as Grid carefully sandwiched herself into the tunnel.
“Careful. Just because not a ringing danger, not mean NO danger.”

The explorer, map-maker, and thrill seeker only laughed, not sparring even a glance back as she crab walked through the tight space. A mixture of grey stone and crystals met her hands, having to lean forward and brace herself against the rock for the strange shape the tunnel took. It wasn't tall enough to stand in, and it descended at a steep angle. Not enough to be considered sheer, but it would hardly be comfortable to set stairs to this angle.

Rocks and crystals littered the space, too, and there was to this point, no clear place where the tunnel might exit out.
“I'm not sure how far this is going to go on like this, or even if its a dead end!” She offered, before shoving the rocks around her, “But it seems stable! If you're not claustrophobic I think its safe enough for us to go in!”

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/14/2016 12:43 PM

(( Hey guys, are you coming back to this? I'll PM you aswell. ))

The clacking of Lusrd's mandibles bounced against the crystals in a strange way, giving the sound an almost auto-tuned quality.
"You are strange girl."

"Well you're a predictable buuUUUGH!" There was a scuffling noise both from deep within the tunnel and from its entrance, the anthromorphic insect wriggling through the tunnel awkwardly. Sometimes having an exoskeleton was more of a hindrance than a help.
"Grid? Grid?!"

More scrambling rocks and a grunt echoed up through the darkness. Lusrd doing his best to squeeze through the spaces.
"I'm fine! If you're following, there's a sudden drop but it's only like... 10 feet?" Grid's voice called back, Lusrd taking a moment to sigh in relief.

"I am suppose to take these risks for you. Why I am here, ya?"
Grid listened to the echoing voice with one ear while the other had its attention on the open cavern around her. There was a lot of dripping noises down here, which meant water which could mean slippery terrain. Thankfully the rock right beneath the tunnels exit point seemed to be dry and rough, so not directly affected by the water noise she was hearing.

"How you doing?" She asked, shining her head lamp up the tunnel to see the pumpkin orange of her partners body.
"Put your foot a little to the, yup right there and... Yeah it's ten feet, flat ground, safe enough. Good job!" Grid called as the bug landed with a buzz of his wings.

He in turn jabbed her with the long spike of exoskeleton that protected his hands and acted as a weapon.
"Don't do that again."
Grid shrugged and turned her attention away from her moody partner.

Now, where to next?

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Dungeon Crawl? Dungeon Crawl! [Open!]

Postby Moofius » 06/19/2016 3:37 AM

There was a slope to her right and a slope to her left. It was as though they were at the peak of some sort of hill. To the left there seemed to be a lot of room, though the slope was so steep it looked more like drop than it did a path or tunnel. The right seemed more easily traversed, but it seemed to be where the water sound was coming from.

"Come on, I want to see this drop, first." Grid said, walking to the edge. Her gait was noticeably tender when it came to her right foot, and Lusrd huffed, going after her and grabbing her arm.
"Look it's not-"
"Let me see." The Lusrd said, wings buzzing threateningly.

Grid sat down with a dramatic sigh and a 'it's not that bad' while Lusrd worked her boot off and gently tested her leg, seeking out breaks or bruising.
"Just sprained ankle. Not bad."
"That's what I said."
"If you insist on going further, I wrap."

So he did just that while Grid opened up her maps, making notes and drawing out a few things.
"By the way, my spidey senses are tingling."
"Don't have those," Grid said, looking up from his ankle only to see the young woman waving her hand at him to keep going, "where to?"
"The right. I heard water that way. So, be prepared for that."
"Hate water."
"I know, big guy."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Dungeon Crawl? Dungeon Crawl! [Open!]

Postby .:Random Event:. » 08/17/2016 10:37 PM

The faint sound of clawed feet skittering over stones could be heard somewhere deeper in. The sound stopped abruptly, then started again, fading in volume until it could no longer be heard. It could have been an Akail, but it could just as well have been an adventurer seeking their fortune down in the caverns... Or perhaps something more dangerous. At this distance, it was impossible to tell, but maybe that was for the best.
Season in Effect: Winter

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 627
Donate

Previous