Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

The Adventures of Richard & Fraser [L] [Self:Quest+Hunt]

Postby Remedy » 04/21/2016 12:44 PM

[NOTE: This is a multi-purpose self RP. The posts will be short and sweet, as I am merely testing out these two new characters and don't have a set plot line for them yet. PM feedback is welcome.]
ImageImage
Fraser Douglas ; Richard Eurig

"Fraser! Bloody hell, would you slow down a moment?"
The tall, muscular-built man in question paused a good thirty feet away from his companion on the sharp, rocky incline. His hefty backpack clunked with every step he took, but fell silent as he stopped his forward motion. Meanwhile, a shorter, stockier fellow struggled behind, red-faced and panting.

"You alright there, Richie?" Fraser questioned, tone echoing with genuine concern. He was certainly the better-natured of the two, as well as the more athletic.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

1.2 ; 1.2

Postby Remedy » 04/21/2016 12:45 PM

"No, you battery-powered bean stalk," Richard spat, buckling under the weight of his backpack. Fraser raised his brows in amusement, patiently awaiting the next poison-laced sentence.

However, the stockier man tripped and face-planted on the ground before he could get out another word. Fraser watched as he slowly rolled onto his side, acting as if the weight of the backpack was crushing him. It wouldn't have, of course, for most of the heavier supplies were on Fraser's back.
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

1.3 ; 1.3

Postby Remedy » 04/21/2016 12:46 PM

"Do you need me to help you up, friend?" Fraser inquired, still standing a good deal above and in front of him. "The cavern's only a short bit ahead - I could carry your pack, if you'd like."

Despite the genuine nature of the offer, Richard took it as a direct affront to his manhood. "I can get it my damn self," he grunted, picking himself up. It took a solid three minutes of teetering before he was truly back on his feet.
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

1.4 ; 1.4

Postby Remedy » 04/21/2016 12:47 PM

"All I need from you..." Richard began, pausing to catch his breath, "Is a little patience, damn it." Fraser merely smiled, taking the other's distemper in good humor.

"I hear you," he replied, standing in place until his friend caught up. He was always amused by Richard's ability to institute a curse or insult in every sentence. It was almost like a game to Fraser; each curse became a mental tally mark, all to be counted by the end of the day.
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

2.0 ; 2.0

Postby Remedy » 04/21/2016 12:50 PM

But poor Richard was not done with his incessant tirade. He continued on, half mumbles to himself and half genuine communication. By this point, he had caught up to Fraser and was moving on up towards the Cavern.

The two had been planning this expedition for a number of weeks, though only Fraser paid any attention to physically train for the journey ahead. Richard was much more of a technical man, preferring to work out the logistics of it all rather than endurance.
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

2.1 ; 2.1

Postby Remedy » 04/21/2016 12:51 PM

They each had their strengths and their weaknesses. Although the two were seemingly polar opposites, they complimented each other quite beautifully... though not in the verbal sense. It was highly doubtful in Fraser's mind that Richard could be capable of uttering a compliment of any kind.

This foul-natured temper prevented Richard from getting along with most any other human being. It was Fraser's lighthearted demeanor and constant good humor that allowed him to put up with the flurries of verbal abuse that Richard often procured.
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

2.2 ; 2.2

Postby Remedy » 04/21/2016 12:54 PM

They carried on at a steady pace. Fraser walked slower than his long legs would otherwise carry him, while Richard huffed and puffed his whole way up to the Cavern. Once they finally reached the entrance, he threw down his bag and sat down to rest.

Fraser set his pack down as well, knowing that Richard would undoubtedly take upwards of fifteen minutes to "look over the maps." He understood that his friend needed to rest, so he patiently and politely waited in silence.
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

2.3 ; 2.3

Postby Remedy » 04/21/2016 12:58 PM

Surely enough, Richard rustled through his pack to pull out a crumpled map of the Caverns. This area had been explored plenty of times before, providing the public with detailed routes. However, Richard felt confident that there was something that had yet to be uncovered.

Richard was a very technological fellow, privy in the arts of electronics and metalworking. He'd spent the last few months manufacturing a prototype of his own echolocation scanning system. Fraser hadn't the slightest idea how it worked, but happily agreed to carry the supplies along on their journey.
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

2.4 ; 2.4

Postby Remedy » 04/21/2016 1:00 PM

Such was the nature of their relationship; Richard the mastermind, Fraser the muscle. They were constantly on a journey to uncover all of Evelon's hidden treasures.

"You reckon I should get out the headlamps?" Fraser asked as he peered into the Cavern. Richard abruptly stopped with his examination of the map, looked up at Fraser with a twisted expression, and retorted, "'Reckon'? What the tit is that? This isn't the 1800's, you dimwit."
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

3.0 ; 3.0

Postby Remedy » 04/21/2016 1:02 PM

Fraser held his tongue, but his eyes betrayed him with a glimmer of humor. He could have snapped back with a mockery of yet another of Richard's ridiculous curses, but thought better of the idea.
"So that's a yes, then?" He asked again, one hand already reaching into his bag.

"Yes, of course it's a yes, it's black as hell in there," Richard snapped back, still struggling to decipher the intricate map of the cavern.
"I'd imagine hell's pretty bright though, with all that fire..." Fraser pondered in return, earning him a disgruntled snort from his companion.
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate