Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Sparkles in the Dark (Pompom and Meesh)

Postby Pompom » 06/01/2016 3:09 AM

Abii landed in the cave mouth with a sigh of relief, having finally arrived at today's destination. She hadn't been able to find the Craiss Caverns on any maps, so she had had to ask for directions from many different creatures. Some had been kind and helpful, others had been rude and unfriendly, and still others had had no idea what she was talking about. At least none of them had tried to eat her.

A plinking noise echoed from deep inside the cavern. She squinted in the dim light, waiting for her eyes to adjust. “I hope there's room to fly in there,” she muttered under her breath.
Pompom
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 200
Donate

Re: Sparkles in the Dark (Pompom and Meesh)

Postby Meesh » 06/06/2016 5:59 PM

Perhaps cold dark caverns would be annoying to other creatures, but they were just right for a crochety old Morloth. The light was barely there, perfect for not hurting her dry eyes, and the sounds echoed in ways that may have been confusing to everyone else, but made just the right amount of sense to her. It was a lovely place, and Mara always loved to visit.

She was currently curled up happily in the middle of a darkened cave, enjoying listening to the sounds of water dripping down the stones, the plink of footsteps trodding from miles away that only she could hear. She signed, happy as...well, happy as a Morloth in a cave!

A sound made her start though, and Mara opened her eyes, suddenly grumpy again. That 'I hope there's room to fly in here' came from a lot closer than she would like!

"Whadaya want?" she called out.
Meesh
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Postby Pompom » 06/06/2016 7:31 PM

Someone was here! The voice she heard sounded irritated, and seemed to come from all directions. Glancing from side to side, Abii could now see many stone projections from the floor and ceiling, some faintly glistening. Whoever had spoken might be behind any of them, she supposed.

“Hello,” she replied softly. “I'm a traveller, and I came to visit the cave. I'm sorry for disturbing you. It's just...well, I'm looking for something. Would you happen to know where the Crystal City ruins are?”
Pompom
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Meesh » 06/10/2016 2:43 AM

She was hoping that the sound of her voice would cause whoever-it-was to squeak and run off. When she was forced to deal with people, that was her favorite response. It meant that Mara wouldn't have to deal with them anymore after those few seconds. But no, the creature continued speaking, and, as Mara determined after a few quick swivels of her ears, it was close.

Ugh, fine. Sighing, Mara let go of the ceiling and spread her wings quickly to turn herself over. It took only a few flaws, but then she was hovering over the stranger, regarding her for a moment befre flipping over again and grabbing the ceiling once again with her footclaws, hanging upside down as she stared down whoever had bothered her.

"I" Mara's voice was unamused. "Am a Morloth. In a cave. With very little reason not to be in this cave. Why would I know where these...whatchamacallit City Ruins are? What interest are they to me?" her voice was point blank, ears flattened against her head. Ugh,  how she hated strangers.
Meesh
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Postby Pompom » 06/11/2016 4:00 AM

Abii hopped backward a few steps. Although larger than the morloth, she suspected that she would be at a disadvantage if it came to a fight. Anyhow, she wasn't here to make enemies. Now that they were face to face, she decided to introduce herself properly.

"Nice to meet you, miss morloth. I am a traveller Wilson, and my name is Abii. I'm here because I read in a travel guide that there was an abandoned city somewhere inside one of these caves, and I wanted to see it for myself." Gesturing vaguely with one wing, she continued: "These caverns are said to be all connected, so even if I'm in the wrong cave, I could probably get to the right one without returning to the open air. However, I've also heard that the cave system is immense and easy to get lost in." She fixed a beady eye on the morloth. "You seem quite at home in this location. I'll bet you have an excellent sense of direction underground. Would you be so kind as to accompany me on my search?"
Pompom
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate