Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

[* Mingling Failures [P]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/19/2016 4:04 PM

The stars looked so bright. They danced along the midnight sky, dark clouds passing by, minuscule lights pulsing through the dark. It was so soothing.

They loved looking up at the stars. In that instant, it felt like nothing mattered. It was only their conscience, the stars, and the white noises of the night.

"Do you want to talk tonight?"

It was unfortunate that the serenity of the night had become a cesspool of worries and insecurities. They could still get lost in the beauty of it all, but before long, reality brought them right back, and they could feel it in the pit of their stomach. The grass was soft, the breeze just right, and at first glance, nothing was wrong.

Such was the power of illusions.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

[2]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/19/2016 4:16 PM

They stared at the stars, immobile, entranced; as if the small lights could speak to them, or send them a message. "You don't need to say it. I know you believe it."

They turned around just a bit to look behind them. Not far from them were two smaller Phyrettes comfortably sleeping away. Their coats were incredibly different from each other, but at first glance, their flames were identical. Much like with the stars, they stared at the two smaller ones for a little bit, before turning back around and raising their head to the sky.

"Sometimes, I believe it, too," they said quietly, momentarily getting lost in the starry sky. They closed their eyes and took a deep breath; and then they looked down. "I'll do my best to protect them. You know that. Don't you?" There was a pause; they fiddled with their paws.

"But do you think they'll be all right?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[3]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/21/2016 3:02 PM

To anyone, the subtle sounds of the night didn't mean anything. The wind blew through the trees and the grass, but besides their whistling tune, there wasn't anything more to it. Yet, it felt like this Phyrette could hear more than they let on. It almost felt like there was a voice out there, somewhere, that only they could hear, echoing through the night.

They looked down the gorge; they knew there was a small, quiet little stream at the bottom, but the night made it look like a bottomless pit. The imagery was a rather accurate representation of their inner feelings at that moment.

With a sigh, they slowly pulled themselves up. They had to get some sleep; they had long travels ahead of them. "I wasn't ready," they whispered. "I wasn't ready for you to go," they added, and they turned around, looking over the two smaller Phyrettes again. "I wasn't ready for this."

They shook their head and made their way towards the small makeshift camp. Regardless of anything, they now had no choice but to be ready for all this, didn't they? For the time being, they had to get some shuteye. They could continue to ponder this tomorrow.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[F4][T1]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/21/2016 4:18 PM

They were the first one to rise despite being the last one to fall asleep. As dawn broke through the horizon, they stared past the gorge, in the distance. They weren't looking for anything; they were only waiting for the younger ones to wake up. It wouldn't be long; they had already started to squirm and toss and turn. It was only a matter of time before one of them woke up from being hit in the face by the other.
Unexpectedly, that did not happen. The pale Phyrette slowly stretched and yawned, and while it felt like they were going to go right back to sleep, they did open their eyes just a little. They looked up and noticed the dark Phyrette standing by the edge of the gorge. They squinted and sat up as they called out to the other Phyrette. "Fluo?"

They turned right as they heard their name being spoken. "Taupe," Fluo said back. "Very good. You are awake."

Taupe stretched out a little more, but this time with a grimace on their face. "I don't feel so good." And that feeling wasn't just from the grogginess of waking up; their whole body was aching.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[F5][T2]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/22/2016 4:19 PM

They couldn't blame the young Phyrette for being tired. They had been on a long trek for days now, and this kind of traveling was hard on the little ones. Even for Fluo, this whole situation was exhausting; they just had things on their mind that distracted them from the despair of the situation at hand. "I understand," they told the small Phyrette, "I feel the same."

The words were comforting at first; but then Taupe narrowed their eyes. "It sure doesn't look like it," they said, lifting an eyebrow at the dark ferret.

Fluo tilted their head, and they smiled a little. "Maybe," they started, "but could you argue that I am lying, simply because you cannot see proof between my actions and my words?"

Taupe blinked, and it took them a few seconds to process the question. "I... don't know?" they answered hesitantly.

Fluo didn't press, and instead shook their head. "Don't worry about it," they said. "For now, it would be wise to leave this place. We are not yet far enough," they added, and both Phyrettes put their attention on the third ferret, whom was still curled up and fast asleep.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[F6][T3][B1]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/22/2016 4:40 PM

Taupe looked down at the small Phyrette next to them. They narrowed their eyes.

Fluo approached the two, and they bent down to speak to the sleeping ferret. "Brume," they called, "it is time to wake up, sir."
Brume didn't stir much from those words, but Taupe visibly grimaced, and they looked away. Although Fluo noticed that reaction - and although they knew exactly where it came from - it was not the time for that now. Upon getting little reaction, they put a paw on Brume's back and shook them just a little. "Sir, you have to wake up now," they insisted, and slowly, they were receiving some kind of response. "Please."

Brume slowly stretched themselves out, from hand to toe, while groaning and making various other mouth noises. The majority sounded like whining sounds. "I don't want to," the Phyrette complained sleepily, and they shuffled a bit before curling right back up into a ball. "I'm tired."

The tension emanating from Taupe was overwhelming; but no, Fluo had to stand their ground. "I understand, sir," they insisted, "but now is not the time to rest. That will come, but it is not now."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate