Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Re: Cassandra's Travels

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 1:11 AM

As she walked, she heard a faint scritchy scratchy sound.  She wondered what it was, following the source of the noise deeper into the caverns.  It got darker when she went, but it barely bothered her, thanks to her good night vision.  As she adjusted to the darkness, she caught the faint image of a feline-esque creature scratching at the wall.  She assumed that it was perhaps marking its territory, that was until she saw the glowing runes underneath it's claws.  A vandal!  She would not stand for this!  She charged it without thinking, claws forming from her human hands.
[Cassandra; 16
Mystery Creature; 1]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 1:13 AM

"Vandal!"  She screeched before making contact with the creature.  She had not expected it to have rough, rock-like skin.  Her human form skin, while tougher than a regular human, was still cut up quite easily by it.  She cursed to herself, though less from the pain and more for her hot-headedness.  The creature she fought lept backwards impossibly far, hissing at her.  Its eyes glowed in the darkness, though she still could barely tell what it was.
[Cassandra; 17
Mystery Creature; 2]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 1:19 AM

She allowed her body to become bigger and more reptilian, and let out a terrifying draconic roar.  She was about to charge the creature again, but it held up a paw.  "Please!"  It pleaded, voice feminine sounding.  "I am no vandal!"
Cassandra laughed in response.  "Oh, then what are you doing destroying priceless history on these walls?"  She spat on the ground.  "People like you make me sick.  You ruin what you do not understand just for your own thrill."
"Please, listen to me!"  The creature responded, walking out so that Cassandra could see her better.
The Battleheart froze, her human form returning to her.  "A Hunter."  She breathed.  They were supposed to be extremely rare to find, especially outside of the Basantha shrine.  Weren't they cursed to stay there?  What stood in front of her was as much history as the runes on the walls themselves!

[Cassandra; 18
Mysterious Creature; 3]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 1:22 AM

The Hunter breathed a sigh of relief.  "Good.  I sensed that you were not malevolent at heart, glad I was right."  It's rock fur smoothed down as she calmed.
"But..  Why are you destroying the history of the caverns?"  Cassandra asked, still a bit outraged at the vandalism.  "And how have you escaped from the Basantha Shrine?  Your kind is cursed to stay there, yes?"
It sighed in response.  "Yes.  Usually.  We can leave under specific circumstances."  She seemed upset, and Cassandra wondered if she hit a nerve.  "My name is Rock Salt, by the way."  She held out a paw.  "I will explain everything, if you promise to not breathe it to a soul."

[Cassandra; 19
Rock Salt; 4]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 1:25 AM

Cassandra was skeptical, but she usually was good at detecting lies, and this Hunter gave off no inkling of being a liar.  She gave a slow nod, too curious to resist.

Rock Salt sighed, as if a great weight had been lifted from her shoulders.  "Thank you."  She turned back to the wall, nodding at her work.  "You see, as I said, we can only leave the Shrine under very specific circumstances."  She ran a claw down the wall, magical energy sparking out dangerously.  "My circumstance..  Was to destroy these glyphs that are all over the Craiss Caverns."

[Cassandra; 20
Rock Salt; 5]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 2:16 AM

"But why?"  Cassandra inquired.  "They hold such history, such importance!  We could learn so much from the ancient knowledge-"

"Exactly!"  Rock Salt cried out, taking Cassandra aback.  She did not expect the smaller creature to be able to yell out so ferociously.  "That knowledge..  It can't be let out!"  She seemed agitated and began to pace back and forth.

[Cassandra; 21
Rock Salt; 6]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 2:19 AM

Cassandra wanted to ask the Hunter why the knowledge couldn't get out, but she sensed that it was a bad idea.  She was obviously very bothered by the very idea.  She wasn't sure if the creature was capable of crying, but it seemed close to something like it.  This obviously was an extremely sensitive topic.  She had heard that Hunters were quite social creatures, perhaps it was all alone here, and the loneliness had taken a toll.  She knelt down to the creature, placing a hand gently on her.  She knew Halite Hunters were fragile, so she kept her touch light.
[Cassandra; 22
Rock Salt; 7]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 2:21 AM

The Hunter relaxed almost instantly at Cassandra's touch.  She seemed to lean into it.  It was obvious that it had been a long time since she knew the comfort of another's touch.

"Thank you."  She said, looking up to Cassandra with wet teary eyes.  "I..  I can't cry, my body is very sensitive to wetness..."

Cassandra nodded, softly taking her hand from the creature.  "Let us walk then, friend.  We can talk of other things to get your mind off of it.

[Cassandra; 23
Rock Salt; 8]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 2:25 AM

"Ok."  The Hunter replied, obviously grateful.  "Here, I know a pretty place we can explore."  She started to walk down the cavernous tunnels, looking behind her hopefully.  Cassandra followed at an even pace, knowing the Hunter was anxious about her leaving, though still defensive and frightened.  With time, the Hunter relaxed even more, even starting to chatter idly to the Battleheart.  

"So, you aren't a human, are you?  I haven't really seen many, they don't come down here that often, and I hide from them."  She asked, then quickly added, "Oh gosh, not to sound rude or anything.."

Cassandra chuckled and shook her head, "No, I am not human.  I am a Battleheart.  I enjoy shrinking to this forme so that I can explore human settlements and places I could not get to otherwise."

The Hunter nodded, "Yeah, I guess it's pretty impossible for such a large creature to get here.  The tunnels the humans made aren't very big, are they?"

[Cassandra; 24
Rock Salt; 9]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 2:28 AM

"I suppose they never considered larger creatures would enjoy exploring down here too."  Cassandra mused, smiling to herself.

"Yeah,"  The Hunter agreed, "Though, there really isn't much down here."  She sighed.  "It's not really that fun, to be down here.  Especially all alone.  There's only a finite amount of pretty stones to collect.  Eventually you just...  Run out of new things to see."

"I understand."  Cassandra replied, "There is no way the land can change down here, everything remains the same, as it has for hundreds of years."

[Cassandra; 25
Rock Salt; 10]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 2:30 AM

"No.  It was very different a few hundred years ago."  Rock Salt said flatly.  "Oh but..  Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude!"

"It is quite alright, I know it is touchy for you."

"It's...  It's not even like I was there."  She mumbled.  "I wasn't even born yet.  I'm not one of the originals.  I just have to bear the curse that they wrought."  She sighed.  "It used to be beautiful here, they say.  There's artwork, and stories, things like that.  Our clans really have our heads in the past, but can you blame us if the past is so much better?"

[Cassandra; 26
Rock Salt; 11]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 2:33 AM

Cassandra was silent, walking alongside the Hunter now, ready to lend a hand if the memories became too painful.  

"It's just so unfair!"  She yelled out, kicking a rock with her fore-paw.  "I have to deal with a stupid curse because my stupid ancestors were...  I dunno, greedy or something?"  She spat on the ground.  "Every story is different.  Some of us say we deserved it and need to repent, others say it was a horrific unfairness.  I just wish I knew the truth!  Should I hate myself and my ancestors?  Or should I be angry at the curse itself?"

[Cassandra; 27
Rock Salt; 12]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 2:36 AM

"Neither."  Cassandra responded, giving the Hunter pause.  "It is not your fault that someone in the past made a mistake.  Perhaps your kind deserved the curse.  Perhaps they did not."  She looked to the Hunter, who was staring back wide eyed.  "It has nothing to do with you, as your own person.  You are who you are, your family is who they are.  It matters not what your ancestors did.  Though I do agree it is unfair that you all are cursed due to the mistakes of a few, I believe that you can prove to whomever cursed you that you are better, and you can perhaps even change the future of your kind."

The Hunter's eyes again got misty eyed.  "Thank you..  Cassandra."  She murmured, smiling to herself.  "I guess I really just needed to hear that."

[Cassandra; 28
Rock Salt; 13]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 2:43 AM

"Oh!  We're here!"  Rock Salt said, bouncing a little in excitement.  Cassandra had barely been paying attention to their surroundings, and soon noticed that the walls had changed from a rocky grey to a shining iridescent colour.  

"Oh!"  She exclaimed despite herself.  "I never knew this existed.."  She placed a hand gently on the cool wall, very interested in the place.

"Yeah, they're rare.  This is what all of the walls used to look like, I think.  Now only a few pockets still exist."  She made her way to a little island in the center.  "I made this my den, I guess.  Hopefully it's just temporary though."  She sighed a little, but tried to put on a happy face.

[Cassandra; 29
Rock Salt; 14]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 2:47 AM

Cassandra went to comfort the Hunter, but she lept away.  "Come, look!"  She exclaimed, excitement filling her voice.  The Battleheart eagerly followed.  What she saw was quite astonishing!  Many different stones and jewels, some from caravans, some naturally found.  Even a few bones were spread here and there.

"I tend to hoard items, I think it's a species thing.  I just..  Can't help it!  Feels bad without 'em."  She beamed proudly at her stash.  "I found all of these myself!  Some of them were dropped by tourists, some I dug out, and some were here already.  Maybe someone else used to live here too."

[Cassandra; 30
Rock Salt; 15]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items