Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

But I Need It {Private. M:L,V?}

Postby Saahs » 08/13/2017 10:00 PM

((Warren/Leksa, humanoid form. This takes place sometime within the last two years.))

Crystals glistened with a soft teal light as Leksander stalked past, the glow of the sigil carved into his forehead intense enough to guide him through the cavern's deep and winding passages with ease. The base of his spear dragged across the cave's floor, emitting a painful, screeching scrape that echoed further down the path as well as back out the way he'd come from. Would someone or something hear him? Leksa didn't care.

A part of him hoped they would, in fact. A little entertainment while he was down here doing his masters'  bidding was in order, he felt. But hopefully, not something too difficult, lest he fail to go through with his task entirely. That would end... unpleasantly. For himself.

( Warren | 1 )
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: But I Need It {Private. M:L,V?}

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 08/14/2017 6:58 AM

((Tarana, human form))

The tunnels were quiet, as they usually were; not a lot of things lived in caves and those that did knew when to keep quiet. Soft, gentle torchlight, aided along by the natural glow of the surrounding crystals, lit the way for Tarana as he slowly journeyed through the winding passages of the caverns.

He hadn't been home yet, instead opting to head towards here. After all, it wasn't all that far away from Nu'san Temple and it had something from his list of components to gather tucked away somewhere. So here he was. No luck yet though, just hundreds of small teal crystals lining the walls of many of the passages. They were certainly beautiful, but they weren't what he was looking for.

Tarana stopped as he heard the screech of metal and stone behind him. Someone else was here. Not necessarily a reason for alarm but it didn't hurt to be careful. Not everyone was well-intentioned either. There was a fork up ahead that split into a couple of passage ways. He quietly zipped forward, turning into to the passage that would give him the most cover to hide behind. Which in this case, was the right-hand passage. He doused his bamboo torch and set it aside as he crouched down, drawing a single kunai out for defense. And it was there that he waited. And listened.

{Tarana | 1}

There's a reckoning a-coming
It burns beyond the grave
There's lead inside my belly
Cause my soul has lost its way

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 738
Donate

Postby Saahs » 08/14/2017 1:21 PM

There were a few things about Leksander that made him stand out compared to when his eyes weren't opened to the truth. The first was, he seemed bat-shit off the walls insane, but he knew better. Second, he didn't have the same hesitance towards violence that he retained when shying away from his fate. And third, he wasn't stupid.

He had spotted the soft glow of a light up ahead, and was aware of what that meant. What it could mean. Someone else was here, and that someone else could be here to collect the same amplifying crystals he needed. Leksander was also aware he could very, very easily render the person with no bones in their body if he so wished. And gods, dying gods and their mourning worshippers, he hoped it'd come to that.

But, the other person also knew he was there. Just the way he liked it. The corner of his lip pulled upwards, making the pained grin on his face all the wider. And he continued to drag his spear down the corridor. As the fork in the path came into view, he paused, squaring his shoulders and inclining his head. The sigil over his left brow stung more intensely as he chanted in his head.

A' za'nth vrarei Hraith.

And just like that, he was past the fork, going down the passageway that he'd been told held the crystals. As he stalked down towards his quarry, he left his spear slip down and drag across the ground. Come and get him, please, come and get him. Make this fun.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 08/18/2017 11:25 PM

To be quite honest, Tarana wanted to peek out of his hiding spot, he wanted to see what this person or thing was up to. But that would go and give him away, and if the approaching creature was hostile.... So he stayed put and listened. The sound of screeching metal and stone continued to scream its way down the hallway, stabbing into his ears. It took the young man a bit of willpower to prevent himself from raising his hands to his ears to cover them.

The screeching continued to draw closer and closer, close enough Tarana calculated he'd see whatever was causing it in a few seconds, around thirty, maybe. And suddenly, it stopped.

Just as suddenly, it picked back up again. Further down the hall.

How...? No one passed by, they--...They must've teleported somehow...Huh.

As silently as he was capable of, Tarana stood and followed after the scraping noise, trying to stay out of sight.

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 09/03/2017 1:17 PM

For a good few minutes, Leksa moseyed his merry way down the cavern trail with no consequence, no concern. Was he sure the person hadn't stayed put where they'd hidden themselves? Absolutely not. But he had bigger things to worry about, more important things. Important things, that were scratching and biting in the back of his head and screaming for him to find now. Sometimes his masters could be so impatient!

But soon, his own force of will prevailed, as did his concern about the other person in the cave. So he stopped in his tracks, hoisting the glaive upright and crashing its base to the ground with a shrill CLANG. If he was to be followed, let the inhabitants of the entire cave know they had guests.

"I can feel you, little sneak," he hummed, his voice a melodic threat. His head slowly lilted back, and he inhaled through his nose. "Your stealthiness won't do you much good for long."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 10/12/2017 11:20 PM

For several minutes, the caverns were near silent, except for the dripping of the occasional condensation and the soft footsteps of the stranger ahead. Tarana stayed pressed against the walls, using the shadows to his advantage, crouching down when he needed.

CLANG.

Oh no. That wasn't good. The sound of metal slamming against stone echoed through the cavern for who knows how long. The softest of gasps, one that skipped over itself, escaped the young man's lips. For all his training, Tarana was scared. Something about this entire situation felt off and he could feel it in his core.

It seemed more and more likely that he was going to be discovered soon as well. The stranger obviously knew he was there, so he couldn't exactly get the drop on him, but....Should he reveal himself or keep trying to hide?

With a small sigh, Tarana stood and stepped out into the open, kunai still gripped in his hand. The stranger is met with the sight of a teenage boy dressed in padded cloth clothing. "...No need to be hostile, stranger. I'm just a traveler here, same as you."

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 10/13/2017 2:46 PM

A small smile played on Leksa's lips, and he slowly turned around to face the stranger, his head bowed low with a slight tilt to it. The satisfaction was like catching a bird that had almost gotten away; relieved, almost, that this person made it all the more easy on him. And oh, the stench of fear was as sweet as it was rank to him.

He looked the boy over, the grin on his face twitching a little wider. "People do not just travel here," he breathed, his voice a ragged hiss. His spear was lifted, to point accusingly at the child. "You want something from here." He leaned forward, upper lip curling away from his modified teeth as he smelled the boy. "You reek of distant fogs. You've come a long way for this something, haven't you?"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 10/14/2017 10:10 PM

Tarana wouldn't lie to himself -- he was frightened. This person was....there was something wrong with them. He just wished he could put a finger on what it was. He took a couple of deep breaths and straightened his posture. Scary person or not, it wouldn't do to loose his head. That wasn't what he was trained to do and it wasn't what he was going to do now.

He tilted his head, big snow blue eyes staring back up at the stranger, shrugging his shoulders slightly. "Maybe not. But we both traveled here, so we're still a couple of travelers," he pointed out calmly. What a little shit, playing with words. His grip tightened on his kunai a little as the spear was raised in his direction, his eyes glancing between the spear and the stranger's face. He shifted his feet slightly, attempting to get ready to parry away an attack as subtly as he possibly could. "...Yes. I have," he admitted. He had no reason to lie to this person; they'd seemed to have worked it out for themselves already anyway. "But there's no reason to be hostile towards one another."

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/23/2017 2:47 AM

Leksa's head slowly lilted to one side, his gaze boring into the young boy as the corners of his lips pulled back further and further. He crooked his eyebrows downwards, dragging his spear down to lean against it lazily. This child was armed, but he wasn't concerned with his own well-being. He could easily parry an attack even with the position he was currently taking. Or he could just take a blow... it didn't matter, so long as he got what he wanted from this cave.

"Perhaps," he drawled, "but none come here for the sake of coming here. It is not somewhere you go to enjoy it pointlessly." He leaned forward, looking the boy up and down with a deep sniff. His mouth split wide open in a grin again. "You will not get what you came here for," he laughed. "I need it."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 12/04/2017 2:57 AM

Tarana's brows furrowed a little as his lips twitched downwards. It was rapidly becoming clear that this stranger wasn't going to let him past, or leave, without a fight. He'd been hoping it wouldn't have to come to this but he'd been trained for this sort of situation. He could do this. And if he couldn't....

No.

No, he had to do this. His brother was depending on him.

"Yeah?" he asked carefully, shifting his weight slightly. "So do I." And with that, Tarana charged at the older man, kunai at the ready.  When he came close enough, he feinted a strike with his kunai before rolling off to the side in an attempt to pass the stranger up. And if he made it past?

Then he'd run.

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate