Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Exploring exploring [Quest]

Postby Skylark » 03/31/2018 8:44 PM

ImageImage

For a couple of gals who preferred lush, tropical forests over pretty much any other type of local, Jakki and Magzi seemed to find themselves underground a crazy amount. The first time had been on that treasure hunt thing where they'd gotten all kinda of great prizes! Honestly it hadn't been so bad, but it had still been in a cave, so that sucked. Plus when those bats all came and flew around them she was sure they were gonna get rabies.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5
Donate

Re: Exploring exploring [Quest]

Postby Skylark » 03/31/2018 8:44 PM

This time, for some reason, they seemed to have found a weird type of mushroom that their leaders really wanted to use in a cook-out that their entire family would come to! And, since they had the most experience in caves than the rest of their family, they were the ones elected to go out and get said mushrooms. Honestly, they were even big fans of mushrooms, most of the time? But apparently there were ways of cooking them that made them taste like meat.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 03/31/2018 8:45 PM

"Have I told you how much I hate this idea yet?" Mags complained. Jaks rolled her eyes and shrugged the basket loosely tied to her back up further on her shoulders. "I really really hate this idea. What did it have to be us? So many others have been in caves before! Just because we were in that one cave for a real long time doesn't mean we are the most qualified for this!" Ain't it the truth.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Jaks rolled her eyes yet again. It wasn't like she had any control over what their leaders asked them to do. And they totally could have asked not to if they really wanted to, but they both knew that, yeah, they were probably the most qualified for this. Even though it sucked. And would probably be really smelly. Because mushrooms like not only dark places, but dark cold damp places where other dark cold damp things lived.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

"The sooner we go in and gather the mushrooms the sooner we can get out again. We have plenty of flashlights, plenty of batteries in case the flashlights go out, we'll be fine. Nothing bad will probably even happen this time! We can do this."

"I knooooooow." Mags whined back. "Doesn't mean I want to do it." Or that she'd ever want to do it. Or that she'd be able to really eat the mushrooms after she knew where they came from.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 03/31/2018 8:46 PM

Jaks had to laugh at that. Wasn't like she could argue.

The two of them wandered through the cavern, shining their flashlights all over the place to see if they could find the mushrooms. Of course, it wouldn't be super easy to do that. The mushrooms liked to grow in complete darkness, so they'd have to go pretty far into the cave to find a good enough crop to get enough for the party. No big deal.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Luckily this cave wasn't as complicated as the one they'd been in before, so it didn't take long until they were far enough in that they were starting to find more and more mushrooms the further they went. They were sure to leave some behind, too, wherever they were, so that more mushrooms would grow in their place. Not that they really needed to since just pick the things up probably spread spores all over the place.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

"Jakki, Jakki look! I hit the jackpot!" Mags called out gleefully from where she'd found a bumper crop of mushrooms over in a particularly squishy area of the cave. Jaks joined her and help her pick as many as they could, waiting until they were done gathering all the mushrooms they needed before telling her something special. Something she probably already knew. Something that would make her react hilariously and she could barely wait for it.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 03/31/2018 8:47 PM

"So you know..." Jaks said, a grin spreading over her face as they started heading out of the caverns. "Most of these mushrooms are probably growing in bat poo. We just spent all that time picking mushrooms out of bat poo."

"Ugh!" Mags complained. Loudly. "Ugh ugh ugh! You act like I didn't KNOW that but I was trying to IGNORE IT! JAKS! YOu'RE the worse!" The ABSOLUTE worst! She was probably waiting for just the right time to say that too.
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skylark » 03/31/2018 8:48 PM

Jaks laughed the rest of the way out of the cave. They were able to make good time, it wasn't even dark out when they finally got out! They were able to make it home with plenty of time to spare for everyone to start washing and prepping the mushrooms for the party tomorrow. All in all, not a bad trip. The party was going to amazing and it was all thanks to them. It was gonna be great!
ImageImageImage
Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Skylark
Master Pet Tamer