Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Re: Witchy Business [Self]

Postby amanda784 » 12/14/2020 12:33 AM

"The key to protecting yourself is to create a block that is strong enough to protect you from the attack. It can be as simple as casting a wall in front of you. Remember, you can not attack while blocking. If you only block you will eventually end up in a sticky situation," Lotus taught the girls.

"Nanny?" Lotus called.

Nanny threw a tea cup directly at Lotus, but it stopped short smashing against an invisible barrier.

"It's near impossible to block from behind. If you don't know what the attack is, it's hard to block," said Lotus.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/14/2020 12:38 AM

"Do not stick to one block and do not let your attacker become aware of what your block is," said Lotus. "If I'm imagining a brick wall, then what could my attacker use to get through it?"

"An explosion," said Delilah.

"Yes, an explosion would possibly knock down my wall," said Lotus. "What could I use to protect myself against an explosion?"

"I could make my attacker fond of me," said Aurora. "Then they wouldn't want to hurt me."

"Yes," said Lotus. "That would work, but only if you acted before the attack and only if they aren't blocking."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/14/2020 12:40 AM

"Water?" asked Eden.

"Yes, a wall of water would help, but it wouldn't stop an explosion. I find blocking with steel works well in most situations, but the stronger the block the more energy will be consumed." said Lotus. "It is time to practice. Eden with Delilah and Aurora take on Nanny."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/14/2020 12:42 AM

Nanny took her weapon of choice, a wooden sword, and stood in front of Aurora.

"I don't want to fight you," said Aurora, already attempting her power.

"I have no need to block," said Nanny, feeling the affects. "It's because I am fond of you that I'm helping train you."

With that, Nanny swung hitting Aurora in the arm.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/14/2020 12:45 AM

"Ouch!" Aurora shouted.

"Block!" shouted Lotus in reply.

The next time Nanny swung Aurora pictured a window in front of her. Her block was shattered with the swing of Nanny's blow, but it gave Aurora enough time to step aside. Aurora countered with her own wooden sword landing onto Nanny's arm.

"Good!" said Nanny. "You're blocking well."

"And anticipating your next attack," added Lotus.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/14/2020 12:48 AM

Eden faced Delilah with her own wooden sword.

"So who attacks first?" asked Eden.

Delilah answered by hitting Eden with the wooden sword. Eden did her best to block, but was too late. She swung back, but was met with a block.

Eden used her powers to send vines into Delilah's block.

"I'm guessing wall?" said Eden as the block broke and she swung her sword. It landed on Delilah's leg forcing her to take a knee.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/19/2020 2:59 AM

The girls did well in their lessons and Lotus was pleased. It wouldn't be long now until Lotus could send them into the world and help others. Still, the doors would always remain open should the desire or need to return. Now it was only a matter of growing their abilities since they had learned to control them.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/19/2020 3:01 AM

Eden was great at growing things, but killing them was not an ability. Because of this, Eden would have to weed the garden if she was to make anything of it. Surprisingly enough, Delilah had volunteered to help. Aurora declined as she was attempting to train her cat, Fish. Eden doubted the possibility of training a cat, but didn't say as much.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/19/2020 3:02 AM

Delilah found odd pleasure in weeding the garden. It was hard work to be sure, but it took away a lot of her frustration. She could return home now that she could control her ability safe from hearing her parents dark desires, but it didn't help the fact that she had already heard them. Were they happier now she was gone?
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/19/2020 3:05 AM

"Will you return home?" asked Delilah.

The question surprised Eden.

"I don't have a home to return to," said Eden simply.

"Oh," said Delilah simply. "That makes sense."

Eden was frustrated, but asked "And why is that?"

"Before I could control myself. I sensed a deep desire within you for a home," said Delilah.

"And now?" asked Eden.

"Now, I control myself."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/19/2020 3:06 AM

"Will you return home?" asked Eden.

"I don't know yet," replied Delilah. "My parents are struggling. If I can be of help to them then maybe, but otherwise I think I will go elsewhere."

"You aren't staying here?" asked Eden.

"I don't plan to grow old here," said Delilah, "but for the time being I will."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/19/2020 3:08 AM

Eden smiled brightly at Delilah. Since gaining control, Delilah had become much more friendly. Either that, or Eden had simply gained her trust.

"I'm glad," said Eden.

Delilah playfully tossed some dirt in Eden's directions.

"Someone needs to pick on you," said Delilah. "It grows character."

Eden laughed and tossed some back.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous