Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Re: Witchy Business [Self]

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 12:09 AM

Eden nodded, "I'm pleased to meet you Nanny." Eden stared at the moss around her feet. "If Lotus told you about our abilities you may have already gathered that my name is Eden. I'm terribly sorry about the mess."

"No worries my dear," said Nanny. "The one with the sass is clearly Miss 'Lila so that leaves you to be Aurora. I'm happy to be at your service. Now do go see the rooms I have made for you. I'm very proud of them."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 12:12 AM

Delilah's room was mostly empty. It held a desk with a lamp, a bed, and a large window overlooking the grounds. The walls were gray like most of the interior.

"Great," said Delilah to herself. "I'm the dark and spooky one."

Delilah desperately wanted to put her thoughts on paper either with paint or pen, but she had left all her supplies behind. She sat at the desk and stared out the window. Upon opening one of the desk drawers she found pens and a journal. Another drawer contained paint and thick paper.

"Perfect," said Delilah.

Perhaps Nanny had a bit of insight on desires as well.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 12:15 AM

Edens room was mostly green. She was surprised to see that there was no bed. Instead there was a foam mat in the middle of the room. There were plants all around and plenty of light.

"A mat? Really?" Eden asked herself.

She went over to it and laid down. It wasn't particularly comfortable. Eden sighed and moss grew around her on the mat. That made it into a surprisingly comfortable bed.

She supposed she could get used to it.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 12:18 AM

Aurora's room was pink. The bed was large with a fluffy blanket and over-sized pillows.

"This is perfect!" said Aurora.

On one side of the bed was a small box with a hole cut into it with a food and water dish next to it. Inside the box was a small gray kitten.

"Oh my," said Aurora. "Who might you be?"

A tag around the kittens neck read "Fish".

"Well Fish, I hadn't planned on having a roommate, but I think we will get along swimmingly."

Aurora used her power to make the kitten fond of her and ease it's fears.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 12:21 AM

Downstairs, Nanny and Lotus met in the study.

"Wonderful children you have found Lotus," said Nanny.

"They are, but am I wonderful teacher?" asked Lotus.

"No," said Nanny. "You have never done it before. Being great takes time. Let yourself learn with them and you will become great beside them."

"I can't thank you enough," said Lotus.

"Whatever for?" asked Nanny.

"When I left that coven I thought I would face life alone. You left. You came with me. I'm sorry they had to lose their best Nanny, but I must say I couldn't have done this without you."

"Don't even think of it!" said Nanny. "There we were all "Nanny". It got confusing. I'm far happier as the only Nanny."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 12:43 AM

Lotus sat by her desk trying to determine how she would teach the students she had taken on. Control. That we be the first and one of the hardest steps. Teaching the students control would likely take up a lot of Lotus' time. Still, it was a necessary first step. Back in her own coven, Lotus wasn't taught control until after she had been taught how to unleash her power and it was devastating. It took a team of nannys to fix the mess she had made. She refused to put her own students through that.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 12:46 AM

"The key to controlling your power is to controlling your emotions," said Lotus to her students. "There are many ways to do this and I have no way of learning yours. That is your task. Learn your control. I have made up a list of ways that have worked for others and it's your job to find what works for you. It's possible you have already found a way to pause your powers, but not all methods work in all situations. You need to find something that will work in the midst of your most emotional moments. It's also important to have a place to let your emotions out. This place for you is your room. Should any damage come of your power or your emotions you are to call Nanny. Your room is your safe place to be as emotional as you need."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 12:49 AM

The lesson today was brief and Aurora found it relatively useless. She had already gained control of her power so instead she played with Fish. She tied a feather to a string and dangled it in front of the small cat for her to pounce on. Aurora only struggled with her power when she wanted others to like her. By controlling her own view of herself she could control her power.

After a while, Aurora supposed she should do something as homework from today's lesson. She stood in front of the mirror.

"I deserve love. Loving myself is enough. I'm happy with who I am."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 12:59 AM

For Eden it was far more difficult. The more nervous she was about controlling her power the less control she had.

Imagine your happy place. Imagine your happy Place. What is your happy place?

Eden had happy moments and places in life but nothing seemed to calm her. If she didn't calm down soon her room would become a forest.

Breathe in.  Eden paused looking around the room. Breathe out.

It was working. Eden began to calm.

Find something to look at, something you can listen to, and something you can feel. Ground yourself.

Two methods of calming wasn't bad.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 1:03 AM

Delilah already had a method of calming herself, but it wasn't practical. The painting she had done were beautiful. Her poems were insightful. Should she get emotional, she wouldn't always be able to stop and write a poem. She was far to emotional for that.

"Nanny?" called Delilah.

"Yes dear," asked Nanny.

"Could I have a white noise machine?"

"Certainly 'Lila," said Nanny, " but I'm afraid it's not always practical."

"Oh, I don't plan on carrying one around. I just want to be able to picture the noise. I want to be able to have that buzz in the back of my mind when I became emotional."

"Very wise 'Lila!" exclaimed Nanny. "I do not believe that one was on the list. Why don't you jot it down? Others should know of it!"
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 7:41 PM

Lotus paced nervously in her room. Control took time. Was she asking too much of the girls too fast? The last thing she wanted was to overwhelm them. She knew all too well what it felt like to not succeed. Those feelings of failure could drive people to give up.

"Nanny?" Lotus called, "Oh, Nanny! I need your assistance please."

If anyone knew how the girls were doing it was Nanny. Did the girls need more time? Did they need more instruction? Did they need a break? Nanny would know.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 7:44 PM

Nanny popped her head in the doorway, "Don't you fret Lotus, I'm here."

She stepped into the room completely before saying, "sit down Lotus. I know you're worried, but you have no reason to be. You just relax and let me give you full report."

Lotus instantly calmed, but chose to stay standing.

"Aurora had already mastered control of her power. Eden's room is comparable to an overgrown greenhouse, but she managed to learn two new ways of control. Most importantly, our Delilah is working on mastering the creation of white noise inside her head to calm. A completely new way of going about control!"
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 7:48 PM

"How do you always know just what I need?" Lotus asked Nanny.

"Easy," replied Nanny, "I know you. I'm going to go fetch you a tea. You have some lesson planning to get done."

With that Nanny left Lotus alone with her thoughts.

Lotus lit up with pride. Delilah was a worry for Lotus. Her temper was hot and it had taken some convincing to get her here. Worse, it seemed as though if Delilah had a different option, she would have taken it. It was important that Lotus was able to help Delilah. If she could help Delilah control and learn her own ability than Delilah could go where she pleased without worry.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 7:52 PM

Delilah soon mastered imagining the white noise in her mind. It took some work being able to both "turn on" the white noise in her mind and to pay attention to what was going on around her. She found other things worked as well. She could imagine the buzz of the bees or the waves crashing in the ocean. Still, it was easiest to picture turning a switch "on" and putting the static of white noise in the background.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 7:59 PM

Lotus' method of teaching was far different than what she had been taught. Lotus was used to instructors standing over her and yelling instruction. Instead, Lotus gave the instruction and let the girls figure it out for themselves. The next lesson would be blocking. Lotus had learned that you could block both your mind and body from other's magic. This was comparable to the training on control. It was done by imagining a block to the magic. The trick was imagining a good enough block. Most times, imagining a brick wall was sufficient for physical attack. For mental attacks, Lotus preferred imagining ear plugs.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext