Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Postby Ander » 08/01/2008 11:42 PM

Hellsteeth!

Aether lifted her head, obviously upset. Her eyes blazed as she yelled the Rattengan's name; or yelled as much as she was able to in Thought-speech. The echo of her mental voice had barely died before she was heading down the cliffside herself, flanks working fiercely as she tried not to trip over her own hooves.

A sudden, loud scree of stone behind her distracted the mare's rapid canter. She turned her head - almost tripping as she did so - to see a hesitant truce trying to half-fly, half-slide down the cliff. He would beat his wings, only to get an awkward backdraft. His claws would settle into the stone, only to gouge it an unbalance him. It was horribly frustrating... Cidrelo wanted to help his sister!

"Aether! I can't fly in here!" The Imperial called down his companion. His voice was thick with the reluctance of surrender.

Aether never stopped running.
Then don't! Stay there! This was said loudly, the Nyghtmate concentrating more on not overeaching and falling than on the volume of her "voice".

Amidst all the mayhem, El half-scampered, half-rolled down the cliff, in hard pursuit of the small Dragony just in front of her. This hurt! The Rattengan was being bashed and banged up, landing hard on rocks, getting her tail caught on ridges. She gritted her teeth.
"Keep yourself rolled up tight, Orgen," She gasped raggedly. "Just roll down, and it won't hurt as much!"
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/02/2008 2:23 PM

Seeing the troubles the others were having, I was worried about the state of the rocks. Crumbly? From the looks of it. Dangerous? Oh heavens to Betsy, yes. Sheer? Vertigo-inducingly so. Of course, heights have almost no effects on me anyway.

Surprisingly, it was only two out of three. The rocks were underground, and they hadn't been exposed to the elements much--which meant that they weren't very eroded. Although water had gotten into them, the cave had "died" long ago, and the mineral leeching had stopped.

I suddenly felt very clever for paying attention in Earth Science class.

"Gaaaaaah!" Sky squawked; she streaked past my face, trapped between half-flying and falling. She wheeled her wings; they slowed her fall, but she wasn't getting anywhere. She tried to glide toward a ledge below.

"Sky!" Krii shouted. "You OK, old pal?"

Something crunched as Sky landed--my face went pale as I assumed the worst--but below us, I saw Sky pull herself up. Whatever she'd landed on, it hadn't been her wings. "I'm OK!" she said. "Ow... That's gonna bruise..."

"I'm coming!" Fluffy said. He started to shimmy toward her ledge.

I looked down. Not too much farther to the floor now...

[345]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 08/05/2008 6:21 PM

"Hurt?" What did this weird word mean? He would have to learn it from his baby-sitter. And suddenly he banged against a hard wall. He'd done this only once before, when he had been running around and ran into a real wall and made a large hole in the plaster and wood. He wasn't allowed in the home again after that. This wall was a bit different though. It stopped him and he didn't go through it, rather he scraped against it, and when he suddenly stopped, he felt something come up his throat and felt bad when it came out his mouth.

Snowy moaned as she watched the little Dragony throw-up. "Poor thing..." she whispered, getting close. She scooped up El on her way down as she came up beside her, even though she was a bit grossed out by Rattegans. She hoped the Hollow Rattegan didn't mind. "I'm coming, Orgen!" she called as he wobbled about, trying to gain his inner balance back, and not succeeding easily.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

El3.15, Ae3.15, C3.15

Postby Ander » 08/06/2008 3:07 AM

The Rattengan, concentrated solely on reaching Orgen, gave an involuntary grunt of surprise as Snowy lifted her. She was unprepared for it, and had to stifle her reflex to bite the girl; but stifle it she did, in the nick of time. And as she saw what happened to Orgen - that wall was hard, and she was definitely more fragile than he was - she couldn't pretend she wasn't grateful.

However, she could watch Orgen as she caught her breath, the sash of her tail wrapped around Snowy's hand in thanks. Her whiskers twitched worriedly at the Dragony - she would have offered words of support if she could have. Just as she would have yelled to Aether if she could have. But her Hollowheart brother did it for her, watching with wide eyes and spread wings from the rocks' top.

"Aether! Ethereal!" Cidrelo's voice rang over the cliff, its volume indeterminate. But as she watched, El sure hoped that Aether had heard him. The Nyghtmare's hard hooves slid and screeched as she tried to halt her descent, carrying her closer and closer to the wall. She shot toward it - and partially through it, her body flickering in and out of shape - she was officially way too tired to switch between ethereal and solid form.
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/06/2008 5:19 AM

"Oh dear... Poor little fellow..." Fluffy lamented.

"Poor little all of us," Sky groaned. Warily, she hopped down to a lower shelf. She stumbled a little and beat her wings to gain her balance. "This is not fun."

"I don't see what all the fuss is about," Krii shrugged. Trust the monkey to say that. I followed his fireball. I heard a scrambling of nails--the flame started moving horizontally, instead of vertically. He'd either found the floor, or a significantly wide flat place to rest.

I edged over to it with him. I lept down with him. Floor, it was. My fingers hurt. I flexed them. "Is the little lizard guy here?"

"Ooof!" Sky flopped down beside us. Metal screeching followed as Fluffy joined us.

"I can't see him!" Krii said.

"I saw him," Fluffy said. "Where'd he go now? The poor thing--he hurt his head badly, I think."

[346]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Previous