Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Postby Fallen_Snow » 06/16/2008 8:24 PM

Snowy smiled. "Grab a stick." she said, sticking a cake on one end of hers. It was a sugary bundle of aired rice, confectioner's sugar, chocolate, cinnamon, and some other nutrients that will keep your energy up. "They may look gross, but they're really good, you'll just have to trust me." she said, handing a package of a few to Jimmy for herself and her crew. She slowly turned it over the fire, heating it until it was golden.

Orgen tried again, missing the shiny toy on his first jump. This time, he managed to hit it, but only slightly. But it was enough for him. He let out a small chuffaw of joy, and kept at it, hoping to bring down his wriggly prey.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

El2.6, Ae1.5, C1.5

Postby Ander » 06/17/2008 6:52 PM

The Rattengan on her shoulder immediately glanced at Aether, but the Nyghtmare shook her head."I have peculiar gifts, as you know; but I have no such gifts of past and future. Nor do I want them," she added quietly, gazing at Fluffy. The pair seemed to have abandoned their circuit of the cave, and Aether bowed her head as they returned to the group. El looked uneasy as the mare turned to Fluffy. "I'm afraid I don't possess your gift. But perhaps I can be of help in some other way?"

Cidrelo, looking reluctantly away from the small dragon, glanced toward El and Aether with a smirk. Aether, he could understand - she was some sort of ghostly-Cavallion-thing-a-majig, and didn't need to eat, or so he assumed. But El was so wrapped up in this adventure, she'd forgotten about her own stomach! He'd do well to let her go hungry, the big bad protector. But he was much to good a "brother" for that.

Smiling, the Hollowheart found a stick among the stones of the cave floor and took it carefully in his claws.
"'Scuse me," he asked, noticing just then an echo in the cave, "but could I have a couple of those cakes?
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/17/2008 7:08 PM

Mmmm! Cake! I broke off a piece of what Snowy offered me and held it in front of Creat--Avani's face. She sniffed at it and reached with her beak. Several yellow crumbs broke off, and she smacked at the cake. I tried one myself. Sweet. But good.

"Hey! Gimmie some of that!" Krii swiped at it. Crumbs and pieces of cake showered the cave floor. I scowled at him, but didn't speak. He shoved it into his face.

"Mmm! Diff iff rewwy good, Sthnowy! Canth you giff uth the rethipeh?"

"Don't talk with your mouth full," Sky scolded.

"Yeth, mom," Krii replied snidely. He swallowed heavily.

Behind us, Fluffy seemed to be dragging the small black lizard-creature on the end of one of his tentacles. It flopped around as he thought. He didn't seem to notice it. He did talk with the Nytemare, though--ow ow ow ow,, my brain went. It was like punctuation marks, only painful.

"Yes, over here," Fluffy said. "See this wall here." He gestured to it.

"Little One says there is something written here. Something involving several elemental creatures, if you will, and says she feels spirits in our area. Can you? And, if so, can we contact them? I definitely feel as though something happened here in the past... There was... Something of an entrance here. I feel a lot of comings and goings... But..."

[336, 7]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 06/18/2008 12:21 PM

Snowy giggled at Krii's antics. "I'll make sure to give it to you sometime." she laughed, pulling her roasted cake out and munching on it. "You should try them roasted." She then noticed the large Hollowheart. "Uh, sure!" she said, digging a few more out. Sho'ni had come close too, and Snowy gave her one, which she swallowed quickly after a few small bites.

"Mwrohf, guffawl!" Orgen cried, his target caught. He frowned as it still moved. "Awrrrrh," he growled at it, hitting it with his tails. "Guufaww!" he cried as it still moved. You could tell he was very frustrated.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

El2.7, Ae2.6, C2.6

Postby Ander » 06/20/2008 2:30 PM

Cidrelo smiled, his scaly features lighting up. "Thanks!" he said happily, nodding to Snowy and pushing the cakes into the fire. "Hey, El! Come eat, O grand Vanguard, you." She glared at him, but that didn't affect Cidrelo's humour. If he had a single Keystone for every glare he'd gotten from the stern Rattengan... Discord would be one of the richest people in Evelon.

Aether narrowed her eyes, focusing intently on the wall Fluffy indicated. Without warning, the odd, ethereal change that had settled on her before began to happen again - and this time El was obviously scared. She wanted no part of this; Aether was creepy enough when she was normal. The Rattengan hurried from Aether's shoulder, giving a nod to Cidrelo and Snowy as she scurried closer.

The Nyghtmare tilted her head, extending her snout toward the wall.
"I may not have Aftersight, but Spirit Sense is a gift of mine. Your 'Little One' is right... There is something here. And perhaps they will speak to us. But they seem to be very wrapped up in whatever past event occurred here."

((Sorry for the delay, everyone. Freezy, can everyone hear Little One when he/she (?) speaks...?))
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/20/2008 4:01 PM

((Yes, everyone can hear Little One as long as I write what she says. Since I do all of Jimmy's RPs from her point of view, with the exception of Sky, what she hears, everyone hears. Unless they're far away or something.

Oh, and for the purposes of this RP, let's just say Avani is still little... XD))

"Hmmm... I'll have to look into this."

Fluffy shook the tentacle that the little lizard-critter-thing was chasing, trying to shoo it away. He slunk low to the ground, and he wrapped all of his arms in front of him, folding up like a--like a banana peel, almost. The lights of his eyes dimmed. He seemed to be meditating. I'd never seen him do that before.

I didn't say anything, but I swore Sky heard me anyway. Maybe we were telepathically linked, in a kind of way. "I'll bet he's using the full force of his Aftersight. I bet he wants to know what happened."

I put down Avani. Or Creature. Or whomever. She slunk over to Snowy's pack and began nosing at it. Looking for another cake, I bet. I don't suppose I blamed her, but it wasn't nice of her to do that--but I wanted to watch Fluffy! Curses!

"Hey, Krii, go tell Avani to stop," I said.

"You," he replied.

"I'm checking out Fluffy," I said. I watched as the half-visible form of Little One pranced out of the air on invisible stairs, and looked up at the wall. She began to recite names, I think...

"...Agni, of Fire and Earth...
Avani, of Earth and Forest...
Yago, or Forest and Wind...
Sturm, of Wind and Fire..."

Oh. Maybe she wasn't talking about Creature after all.

"What do you think...?"

[337, 8]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

El2.8, Ae2.7, C2.7

Postby Ander » 06/25/2008 9:03 AM

The Nyghtmare tilted her head, first at Fluffy, and then at the wall. Both of her ears had flicked to face the Ballama spirit. "Are you speaking in circles?" She wondered aloud, loathe to disturb Fluffy in the onset of Aftersight. Fire, Earth, Forest, and Wind... She frowned. It was easy for Aether to believe that she saw shapes moving, deep within the wall, or conceivably on the other side of it; but that happened every time she used her Spirit Sense. Sometimes the unseen just wanted to make an appearance, she supposed...

"She's being weird again." El grumbled, sinking her teeth into the cake Cidrelo had procured for her.

The Hollowheart shook his head.
"She helping, not being weird. It's the least any of us can do, especially if we have the power to, like Aether." He smirked, tapping a claw on the older Rattengan's head. "You just don't like it." And there, another Keystone.

Cidrello looked up, just in time to spy the little green dragonette - Avani, that was it - poking at Snowy's pack. He smiled.
"Hey, munch on this, Avani," he said lightly, breaking a piece from his roasted cake and holding it out to her. "It tastes way better than that bag."

EDIT: Yeeshkul?
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 06/30/2008 5:49 PM

Snowy smiled at the dragon-like thing. She'd thought that it was cute that she was hungry, so she handed over her already roasted one, then threw another on her stick for herself. "Here ya go, little girl." she said, holding it out. She hope the dragon took it quick, because it was burning her palm.

Orgen made an angry clicking noise when Fluffy pulled his tentacle away. "Graffwa!" he cried, and scraped at the now banana-like form of Fluffy. He wanted to play!

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 06/30/2008 6:11 PM

"OK, everyone, that's enough," I said. "I think she's full now." I took the food the others offered me and set it down in front of Creature/Avani. The tiny creature nibbled happily at it. "I don't want her getting all fat now."

"Skycutter?" Fluffy suddenly asked.

"Yeah?"

"Would you be willing to come over here? I think Little One's found something."

Becoming as solid as she ever did, Little One appeared on the tip of one of Fluffy's tentacles. The one that the little lizard-thing seemed to be chasing. She pulled a misty face at it.

"There were, once upon a time, eight beings in this area," she said. "Eight Hunters who each mastered two elements each. I can make out four of their names--Avani, Sturm, Agni, and Yago. But I can't see the rest. You have Deep Vision, however..."

"Yeah, but I can't read old speech."

"No matter," Little One said. "We can work it out..."

I sucked on my tongue. "Hey. Krii. Could you get my notepad out from... Krii?"

He was down near the end of the cave. Or at least, what I had assumed was the end. There was a large, crumbled something-or-other there that looked like the remains of a statue.

[338, 9]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

El2.8, Ae2.8, C2.8

Postby Ander » 07/01/2008 4:03 PM

Cidrelo blinked curiously in Avani's direction. She would be a cute pudgy dragonette! Not fat, though. She was far too small to be fat. The Hollowheart pulled in his wings to keep from bothering Avani further. She was adorable, yes, but he should probably let her eat. He turned instead to Snowy, nodding cordially. It was an odd motion from such a big creature. "Thanks for the food. It was delicious." His grin was little more than a showing of seriously pointy fangs, but it looked grateful... in an I-won't-eat-you sort of way.

El snorted at him.
"You are a terrible Imperial." She teased. Everyone had teased him in the war's more recent months. But Cidrelo took it in stride.
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/07/2008 4:27 PM

((Hey, guys? You still alive? If you are, then Fallen, could ya post? If not, I'm gonna close this one up and move on.))

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 07/07/2008 5:03 PM

((XP Sorreh, totally forgot about this. *slaps self* Got too much goin' on. *goes on to post*))

Snowy looked where Freezair was staring. "Oooh, interesting!" Snowy said loudly, her comment echoing through the cave as she got up from the floor of the cave and went to look at the statue. Lady Sho'ni wasn't far behind, for her curious nature was taking in the figure too. "Hmmm... I wonder what it had been, other than a statue of course." Snowy commented, her fingers tracing the etchings, cracks and hollows of the small statue.

Snowy's excited yell had distracted Orgen temporarily, making him miss the face that Little One pulled at him. When he turned back, the creature scared him, and he swiped at it with his two-taloned tail, just missing the misty figure, even though it would've went through her easily anyways. But he'd missed, and that wasn't very good to him. But Snowy's voice made him turn back toward the inside of the cave, and, as curious as the cat that died, he waddled over to the pale girl, and noticed that the stone looked crumbly. Like Snowy's cakes! He licked his little pointed mouth, and was soon crunching on the rocks, not really realizing that they weren't there to be eaten.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 07/07/2008 5:53 PM

((I think you're confusing Jimmy with Freezair... XD))

Avani-Creature clicked her tongue at the food. I think she was full up. Her eyelids drooped. She gave a little, clicking yawn and turned herself in circles, settling herself down in a tiny, dragony lump. I watched her, not knowing what to make of it, until a tiny, fluttering snore came out of her tapered nose.

"I'll let her be," I said. She could sleep there safely.

Skycutter commented, "You know, even though I think Little One was talking about someone else, I think I like the name Avani on her. It's cute."

"Well, she needed one anyway. C'mon. Let's go check out what Krii and Fluffy are up to."

Weird as it was, Fluffy ended up following the little thing that had been chasing him. Sky and I joined the group congregating near the statues. Krii was running his tiny, thoughtful fingers over the crumbly stone surface of the statue.

"Find anything interesting?" Fluffy asked.

"I... think so... But. There's all these huge rocks here. Can some of you bruisers help me move this stuff? I feel like there's somethin' back here."

Fluffy shoved a rock aside with a tentacle. "Anyone else?"

((Avani has now been removed from this RP.))

[339, 10]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 07/07/2008 7:01 PM

Snowy watched as Fluffy mearely flipped over the large boulder. Her eyes widened, she didn't know he was so powerful. She now became very conscious around the powerful tenticled metal mass. She carefully wrapped her arms around the happily munching Orgen and stepped back a bit. "Wait..." she said.

Lady Sho'ni had moved forward, her claws clicking against the statue.

"I think... I think Sho'ni wants to say that this is sacred?" Snowy asked the Gyrraptor.

Sho'ni shook her head, and gave Snowy a confused look, as if she wasn't exactly sure.

Snowy turned to Jimmy and her little partners in crime.

((Ah darn it. Remind me what species Fluffy is, because I keep wanting to say Kalamarei. And yes Freeze, I wanted to get it up there so we could continue and didn't pay attention, sorry! XD))

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Ander » 07/09/2008 4:02 PM

((Fluffy's a Khalmar, I believe. Yush.))

Cidrelo grudingly left the little dragon, smiling over his shoulder as he turned curiously to the end of the cave.
"What's everyone looking at?" he rumbled, scales rasping against the cavern floor as he headed toward them. El looked just as interested, still munching on the remnants of her cake, and riding on the Hollowheart's shoulder.

The Rattengan took in the situation at glance.
"You remember what you said about helpin' out earlier?" She said, prodding her "brother". "Well, now they need a big strong dragon. So hop to it!"

Cidrelo grinned. "Hey, no using my words against me!" But his tone was friendly as he lifted El, perching her on his head, and begain to shift boulders beside Fluffy.

Aether was nosing at the statue itself, stomping a boulder or two into smaller, more manageable fragments when she could.
"So there were once powerful Hunters here. The lionlike creatures of Ilyumiel, correct?" She had heard another of Discord's pen, her Temple Fellox, yammering about the wild creatures at one point or another. "These Hunters mastered powerful elements. But why do they remain?" The Nyghtmare nosed the statue once more. What did this thing have to do with any of it? She seemed to be deep in thought, brainstorming aloud, or perhaps to Fluffy and the misty Ballama, as well as deeply absorbed in her Spirit Sense.
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext