Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Running into an adventure [Akail Hunt; Private]

Postby Matt » 06/12/2008 6:18 PM

Image Image Image
Dune, Anole, and Tentan

A shrill call sounded from above her, making everything spin again from tiredness. She had barely escaped them, the Twolegs, they had gotten to camp...

The May Kitrell landed lightly beside Dune, sniffing her with mounting curiosity. She looked bad, as bruised as she was. Easy prey for anything out here. The small bat grabbed her scuff with his teeth, pulling her inside the cave.

The now ragged-looking shape bounded through the trees, a small blue glow behind him. He skidded to a halt beside the cave entrance, panting. "Well, Mango, looks like adventure time!"

[17] [6] [78]

Member since 2007! Previously PimaBean.
PenWishlistDocs ⦁ Breeding ⦁ Sales
Activity on/off due to medical school.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 750
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 06/12/2008 6:31 PM

ImageImageImage
Althea 1.1/Psyche 1.1/Kunimatsu 1.1

She hated being here.

The Horror Frightmare glowered at the two kids running around outside the cave, laughing their heads off. Psyche stood to the side, watching their play-fighting.

Why the heck was she put here on babysitting duty? Psyche tossed her head dismissivly and whinnied, "That's enough, you two. C'mon, don't give me that look!" She snapped when she saw their innocent gazes.

"Let's play tag, Psyche!" Kunimatsu chirped. Althea quickly agreed with a growl. Psyche stamped her hoof.

"Do I look like I want to pla- hey!" The two were running into the cave, giggling like mad. "Come back here! Don't go into the cave!"

"Catch us if you can, Psyche!" Kunimatsu sang. The Horror Frightmare swore in some long forgotten language before galloping after them.

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Matt » 06/12/2008 6:37 PM

Dune blinked her eyes to find Tentan staring at her, tails wagging lightly. "Tentan! Thank goodness!" She smiled brightly, heaved herself off the cold stone floor, and shook off the dust.

Anole had flew to Tentan's shoulder, and was now hissing furiously at Mango. The little spirit seemed amused, as it was quivering as if with laughter.

Tentan smiled his pearly white grin, fangs seeping down over his teeth. "I'm lookin' for an Akail, o' 'course! Pima's gotta have one, ya' know. And I'm her main man," he added proudly. Just then, something knocked into his shoulder, sending him slightly sideways, but, able to catch himself, he stood up to shake himself. "Who's there?"

[18] [7] [79]

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 06/12/2008 9:42 PM

Althea 1.2/Psyche 1.2/Kunimatsu 1.2

"Ohemfegeeee!" Kunimatsu screamed as he crashed into something furry. The Lubshi fell to the ground on his behind, startling Althea. Kuni rubbed his sore hindquaters as he looked up at what he had crashed into. He jumped up in surprise and squealed again, "Ohemfegee! It's a Lucain! It's a Lucain, just like ol' Ardor!" He looked around and shouted, "Holeh crap! It's a Kuhna! And a bird cat thingy-majigger! Psyche! Psyche! Come see this!"

Althea stared at them with curious wide eyes and she gave a small mewl.

"Who are you talking to?" Psyche had pranced in, her voice a mere hiss. The Horror Frightmare looked at the others and whinnied, "All right, what did they do this time?" She narrowed her glowing eyes at them, studying them before huffily turning away. "Kunimatsu, Althea, let us go now!"

"But Psyche!" Kunimatsu sprang to his feet. "That's not fair! I wanna be friends with them!" Althea eagerly nodded. Psyche's tail whipped the ground, leaving a deep gash. The Lubshi and Paragon didn't even flinch.

"And I say no," Psyche spat.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 06/12/2008 10:14 PM

Tentan chuckled lightly. "I'm nothin' to be 'fraid of. Neither are me friends. I'm Tentan, Tentan Starfleet. The kuhna's Dne, and the Kitrell's Anole." He smiled politely, bowing his head respectively to Psyche. "These two seem like a handful. Would ya'll like to come Akail hunting with us?"

Dune's tails flicked this way and that, swatting bugs that looked like ghosts.

Anole nodded at the sound of his name, though stayed on Tentan's shoulder.

[19] [8] [80]

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 06/12/2008 10:23 PM

Althea 1.3/Psyche 1.3/Kunimatsu 1.3

"A handful?" Psyche bitterly laughed. "Try more like a truckload!" She pawed at the ground and snorted, "Akail hunting?" The Horror Frightmare looked over the two children before snapping, "It'll be good practice for them, and disicipline, perhaps. Listen up you two!" Kunimatsu gave a yawn and stretched on the floor. Althea sat up, attentive. Psyche rolled her eyes and whinnied, "We're going with the nice people. Yes, yes, you were lucky this time! But! You're going to have to listen to them while I'm gone!"

"What?!" Kunimatsu was suddenly clinging to Psyche's leg and bawling like a baby. "Why? Stay with us Psyche! It won't be fun without you!"

The Horror Frightmare held her leg out gingerly as though she was carrying a repulsive creature on it. "Right. That's the point. Now let go!" Kunimatsu only cried louder and clung tighter. Psyche shook her leg harder, trying to get the Lubshi off. Althea watched innocently, a wide grin on her face.

Finally, seeing that she couldn't get him off without harming him, Psyche gave up. "Fine," She hissed. "I'll come along on your stupid hunt!"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 06/12/2008 11:30 PM

Tentan chuckled lightly, his laughs echoing off the cave floor. "Well, then, we better be off!" He quickly changed into his human form, but turned around to the three new comers after. "Is my human form ok with you? Or would you like me better in my Quad form?"

Anole chirped happily, gilding down and landing on Dune's back. He nodded his head respectively to Althea and Kuni, smiling softly.

Dune just stood thre, waiting to begin. Finally, back in Archeology!

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 06/14/2008 12:04 AM

Althea 1.4/Psyche 1.4/Kunimatsu 1.4

"Me and Althea and Psyche don't care!" Kunimatsu piped up. "Did I tell you my name is Kunimatsu? You can call me Kuni! Kuni, Kuni, Kuni!"

Psyche snorted in disdain. "Sush! If we're going to find anything, you'll have to be quiet!" The Horror Frightmare tossed her mane and snapped, "So, do you know where to find this Akail?"

Althea looked around her and pawed at a pretty rock embedded on the wall. The Paragon began to circle it, entranced by its sparkliness.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 06/14/2008 3:16 PM

Tentan chuckled quietly. "Ok, then, let's get going." He pulled a small sachel off of his back, which had been concealed before in his fluffy coat. He pulled out a hard hat, complete with light, and a flashlight. Handing the flashlight to Anole, the little Kitrell grabbed it in his feet and lifted off, soaring ahead of them into the deep tunnels. "Come on!"

Dune followed, her pawsteps echoing of the walls. I wonder if we'll find an Akail... At that moment, Psyche asked where they would find one. "We'll probably find one deeper in. They live their, not willing to share their ancient ways with anyone."

[21] [10] [82]

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 06/17/2008 7:15 PM

Althea 2.0/Psyche 2.0/Kunimatsu 2.0

Psyche rolled her eyes. "Ancient ways, secrets... that's all those nutheads probably think about."

"Don't say that!" Kuni reproachfully answered. "They're magical, Psyche! They're magical!"

The Horror Frightmare glared at the Lubshi. "Right. Magical. What isn't magical these days, huh? Tell me. I'm magical. Tentan is magical. Heck, if I can't find one thing that isn't magical then I'll admit I'm wrong."

Kunimatsu didn't bat an eye at Psyche's sarcasm. "Well... Akail are even more magical than us! So there!" He childishly stomped to the front, little embers flickering behind him.

Althea had managed to break off the shiny rock from the stone wall and was now hurrying to catch up tot he others. The Paragon tugged at Psyche's leg and proudly produced the rock. Psyche raised an eyebrow. "Nice rock. Whatever. C'mon, hurry up. You'll be left behind."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 06/17/2008 7:19 PM

Tentan just chuckled in response to Psyche's acidic sarcasm. "Well, now, I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm magical..." He winked at Psyche, not really caring if she would yell at him.

Anole glided only a few inches off of the stone floor, remaining next to Althea. It seemed he had taken a liking to the little paragon...

Dune smiled. All of the ancient history that lied deep within this cave! It's like a vault of secrets...

[22] [11] [83]

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 06/19/2008 2:51 PM

Althea 2.1/Psyche 2.1/Kunimatsu 2.1

There was a loud squeal of surprise and Psyche spun around to find a full-grown dragon standing in their midst. The Horror Frightmare was speechless for a few seconds before whinnying, "All right, where did Althea go?!"

"I think I'm me." The dragon spoke. She looked at herself in confusion, then around her. "I think the stone made me grow bigger or something..."

Kunimatsu leaped to his feet and screamed, "You can talk! Althea, you can talk!"

Althea blinked. "Wow. I'm talking? You can hear me?" The grown Paragon tested her new body, flexing her wings, whipping around her flaming tail. "This is... amazing."

"I told you so stuff are magical!" Kuni waved his stubby arms at Psyche. The Horror Frightmare rolled her eyes.

"You said nothing of the sort! Now be quiet!"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 06/19/2008 3:28 PM

Tentan whipped around, a small knife glinting in hsi hand. He was just about to yell, "All right, what's going on!?", when he saw Althea. "A-a-a-a-a-a-a-a.... PARAGON!" He turned to Pshyche, a wild grin plastered on his face. "Ya'll had a Paragon and didn't tell me? Why, she's beautiful! A perfect example of the beauty that is Paragons, if I say so meh self." He turned to Althea, still wearing the same grin.

Dune let out a yelp of surprise before diving beneath Tentan, expecting him to sheild her.

Anole, however, got the biggest fright. One minute, he's next to Althea, a cute little baby, next he's going to be trampled on by a large dragon! In fear, Anole flew onto Tentan shoulder, too distracted to fight with Mango.

[23] [12] [84]

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 06/19/2008 4:00 PM

Althea 2.2/Psyche 2.2/Kunimatsu 2.2

Psyche growled. "I thought you knew that already!" The Horror Frightmare turned away from Tentan and muttered to herself.

Althea didn't seem to hear Tentan and was already nudging the remains of the mysterious stone. By accident, her tail smashed into the fragile remains and they melted away from the heat. Althea, embaressed, looked at Anole and found that the Kitrell seemed to be afraid of her. The Paragon seemed down at that and she happily said, "Don't be afraid! We can still play! Don't you want to play with me?"

"We don't have time to play," Psyche snapped. "If we want to find an Akail, we need to focus." She looked away and muttered, "Why couldn't Medsus take care of these brats instead?"

Kuni clambered onto Althea's back and joyfully said, "Can you give me a dragon-back ride, Althea? Please? Please? I want a dragon-back ride!"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 06/19/2008 6:05 PM

Tentan just grinned wildly at Pshyce, taking this comment as humor.

Anole whimpered, then glided onto Althea's shoulder. "Ooza, ooka, mooooo?" He licked her ear affectionately, simply enjoying being on a dragon's shoulder.

Dune nodded to Pshyce. "Yes, we must hurry, we do not want to frighten them." With this, she started padding away down the corridoors.

[24] [13] [85]

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next