Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Into the Caves [Akail Hunt, Closed]

Postby Yomegami » 06/13/2008 2:46 PM

ImageImage
ImageImage
Feather/Forestfeather
Warriorfeather/Proudfeather

"This is it?"

The group of 4 gyrraptors stood before the entrance to the Caverns. One of them, the Chaos, had an unimpressed look upon her face.

"This is what we came for? It's just a big hole in the ground!" she said.

"Why so pessimistic, Warrior?" asked one of the others, who's feathers bore the Organic coloring.

"Yes, it is a big hole in the ground, but it's no ordinary big hole in the ground! This is the Craiss Caverns, home to the cyrstal cities of the Hunter clans!" proclaimed the Common in the group. Juding by his voice and the way he held his feathers, he was probably the one leading this group.

"Crystal Cities? Bah! Who in their right mind would build a city in a cave? You can barely see in there!" Warrior continued, although this time nobody payed attention to her rant.

About the only one who had remained somewhat quiet was the Imperial Gyrraptor, but now he spoke.

"Of course, while we're here, we should go pay our respects to the grave of Shi'Hana..." he said, somewhat quietly.

"Oh, why should you care? You're an Imperial, one of the people who got their hides whipped during the War! Why do you care about a Purine?" Warrior asked him, in an almost-angry sort of voice.

"Can I help that? Can I choose the coloring of my feathers? Just because I look like an Imperial doesn't mean I am one!" came the response.

"Alright, that's enough! Warrior, shut up!" the Common snapped, before he turned to face the Imperial.

"Don't worry, Proud. We'll go visit the grave. One honorable Gyrraptor, the Lady Shi'Hana was. Her action may had cost her her life, but she gave our species a good name. Not even an Imperial Gyrraptor can doubt that."

Proud smiled, and nodded in agreement. Nearby him, Warrior was quiet, but she looked like she was rolling her eyes.

This didn't escape notice, as the Common gave her a withiring stare.

"What? I didn't say anything!" she said, defending herself.

"Lighten up a bit, will you?!" he snapped, before promptly turning away.

At this, Warrior remained quiet, but muttered "Jeez, Feather," under her breath.

"Um, Feather, don't you think we should get going before a fight breaks out? I don't think anyone wants that." the Organic asked.

"You're right, Forest! Onwards, HO!" Feather said, before striding into the cave's mouth. Forest and Proud promptly followed him. Warrior remained outside, glancing around with a foul look on her face, before realizing she was going to get left behind.

((While this is open, I'd prefer it if only one other person joined. If nobody joins, however, I'll glady do this alone.))
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4526
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 06/13/2008 10:03 PM

As they entered the caverns, Feather suddenly stopped and looked around.

"What is it, Feather?" asked Forest.

Feather turned, and faced the rest of the group.

"Does anybody know what direction to go in to find the crystal cities and the grave of Shi'Hana?" he asked.

For a few moments, the other three pondered, scratching their heads, going "Hmm..." and "Umm..." Finally, the response was "Nope. Not a clue."

"Did anyone bother to bring a map?" asked Proud.

"Where the heck where we supposed to get a map?" asked Feather.

"There ARE maps for this place? I certainly didn't know that." stated Forest.

"I know!" Warrior suddenly yelled, a smile upon her face. "How about we find one of those cave dwellers, and ask him for directions?"

"Cave dwellers? Wait, are you talking about the Akail?" Proud asked, tilting his head to one side.

"I don't know, Warrior. Even if we do find one, I think it will most likely try to eat us, rather than give us directions," Forest said, worried.

Warrior shrugged. "It was just an idea." she said.

Feather seemed to be thinking, as he turned around now. Finally, he said:

"I know what we'll do. I'll bet Master'll be happy if we manage to bring home an Akail for him, plus Warrior's got a point. They live here, so they probably going to know what's where."

"So we're going to risk getting eaten? Are you mad?" A now concerned Forest asked.

"We're altogether now, and we're staying together as long as we're in here. If Akail are like any other predator, they'll be less likely to attack if we're in a group." Feather responded.

"Well, from here, it looks like the only way to go is forwards," Warrior stated.

Nobody said anything, but the group heeded her words and proceeded, going into the darkness of the caves.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 06/14/2008 3:13 AM

As the trek into the caves continued, everyone remained quiet, listening for footsteps that weren't their own, eyes peeled for movements in the shadows.

However, everyone did notice that, the farther from the cave entrance they went, the darker it got. As the light faded, Warrior began to mumble something to herself. Probably expressing her irritation because she couldn't see anything.

Eventually, it got so dark that no one could see a thing.

"Keep your ears peeled, and try to feel around in front of you. It appears sight isn't going to help us anymore," Feather warned.

Warrior wasn't paying attention. Engrossed in her annoyance, she was not listening to a word anyone else said.

Suddenly, the Chaos Gyrraptor smacked into a solid object. Falling to the floor and landing on her back, she was conked out for some seconds. When she came to her senses, she rolled back onto her feet, and stood up.

Feeling the thing in front of her, she guessed she had ran into either a stalagmite or a low-hanging stalacite.

Not wanting to get left behind, she hurried off - only to go in a different direction than the rest of her companions.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 06/15/2008 5:23 AM

Warrior continued on the path she took, listening for the sounds that would indicate the presence of an Akail.

However, she couldn't hear her companions. Not knowing they took a different path, she called out: "Hey, are you guys nearby?"

No response.

"Oh, this is about the bad mood I was in earlier, isn't it?"

Still no response.

"Okay, fine! I'm SORRY! I'll lighten up for the rest of the trip, alright!"

When she didn't get a reply that time, she remained quiet and listened - and realized she couldn't even hear her companions' footsteps.

Oh great...

Now she'd done it - she'd gotten herself lost. How? Well, she didn't know that - if she could see anything, this probably wouldn't had happened. Ah well.

Not knowing what else to do, she continued forwards, this time remaining quiet.
------

Meanwhile, the rest of group had stopped and taken a rest.

Proud spoke up suddenly: "Has anyone noticed that Warrior's finally shut up?"

Feather nodded, although he doubted anyone saw. "I wonder why...."

Forest realized something, and felt around her position.

"You know what? I think we lost her." she said.

"What?" asked Feather.

"I think she's gone. She must've taken the wrong path a while back."

"Oh, this is lovely. Just great."

Proud was quick in agreeing. "Just like her to get herself lost."

"Well, what do you want to do?" Forest asked.

Feather was about to say, but he spotted something - there was a dim glow that filtered throughout this room.

He looked around, and noticed it was coming from directly in front of them. He got up, and walked towards it.

"What is it, Feather?" asked Forest, and she and Proud were quick in following.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 06/16/2008 11:18 PM

"We've found it." Feather said, upon reaching the source of the light.

"Found what? An Akail?" Proud asked, running up next to Feather.

"No," Feather responded as Forest, who remained quiet, rejoined them, "Shi'Hana's grave."

The room the grave was located in had torches all around the sides. Made sense that the grave of a war hero be lighted, rather than be confined to darkness all the time. The grave itself sat in the middle.

"Now, we must have a moment of silence....." began Proud, and he lowered his head. Forest and Feather followed suit.

As they stood there in silence, they wondered what would have happened if they would have participated in the war. Their owner had tried numerous times to join, but they knew they weren't his first choice - that honor belonged to the Werebetta, Forza Del Male. They had never met him face to face, but they hoped they never would.

But if they were to join.... They would never live up to the Gyrraptor who died to save Barakka from the Imperials. And none of them felt they would even if they did die for their side.

Finally, after about 5 minutes, this train of thought was interrupted by Forest. "Now, what do you plan to do about Warrior? She's still somewhere out in the caverns,"

Feather responded by lying down. "We wait here," he said, "and hope she finds her way here herself." he said.

Proud and Forest exchanged glances, but then shrugged and followed Feather's example. And so, the wait began.
-------
THWOCK!

"Stupid stalagmite!" Warrior screeched as she collided with yet another pointy rock. Since she realized she was lost, she had unwisely thrown caution to the wind and had tried to tear through the caves, searching for her wayward companions.

But she didn't find them. All she managed to accomplish was set the record for stalagmite/stalacite colliding. She had run into at least 3, with this one making 4.

Calm down now, she told herself, this running is getting you nowhere fast.

Warrior got back up on her feet, and took several deep breaths.

Maybe if I called out for them?

"HELLO? GUYS?" she shouted, hoping for a response.

The only thing that did respond was her own voice, echoing off the walls.

Great. she thought.

Suddenly, she realized something. They had come in these caves looking for an Akail. Feather had said that, if they stuck together, they would be safe.

Well, now she was alone. With her group, she was safe. Alone, she was Akail bait. If she didn't want to become a cave dweller's meal, she had better get a move on.

With that in mind, she proceeded forwards slowly, feeling her way so that she would not be waylaid by cave formations, lest she get attacked.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 06/21/2008 9:40 PM

Warrior continued her passage through the caves. Now, she was nervous. Nervous enough to keep looking over her shoulder to see if anything was trying to sneak up on her.

Not that her wariness would help any - it was still too dark to see anything.

She began to wonder if it was natural for a Chaos creature like herself to get this nervous. She was normally aggressive and sarcastic, and now she was as scared as a rat being hunted by a cat.

Thinking of that, there could be a similarity right there - she, the rat, could be being pursued by an Akail, the cat, right now.

Suddenly, she almost tripped on something, but she caught herself just in time. She looked around, noticing for the first time since she entered the cave that she could see somewhat.

Looking down, she saw nothing but blackness. Looking directly ahead, she could see more light coming from that direction.

But there was an obstacle right in front of her. Getting down on all fours to prevent falling, she waved her hand around the floor - and found out that a chasm seperated her from the light.

Well, this was going to be lovely. From what little she could see, she could not find any noticable way across. But she had to get to the light. If she made it to the light, she might be safe from the akail....
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate