Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Within the Past [Private]

Postby Jaykobell » 06/18/2008 2:11 PM

[center]ImageImage
Lionel, Male Lion Hunter {Custom} --- Chadwick 'Gygy', Male Purine Gyrraptor

Craiss Caverns... Was this the place where his mother, Shi'hana, had died? So the source had told him. During the infamous war between the Imperialists and the Purists, his mother had given her life to kill Sanroc, the black Lucain. Never had he had the chance to meet his brave mother. Hatred started getting to him again as the two pets walked around the caverns.

The Hunter seemed extremely upset as well. Dragged here against his will, but somewhat not really, considering he had volunteered to watch over the farm owner, he still was not keen on coming here. Just do what you want to do, Chad, and then let's get out of here fast, he thought, his heart beating so quickly it made him sick. This place... filled with painful memories...

[1; 1]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Kodai » 06/18/2008 2:24 PM

Image Image

It was hard to believe that so soon after they had arrived home, they were back in Barraka. And within Craiss Caverns, no less. However, it had been the Leader's choice to come here, back to this place of forgotten memories. He had brought along the tiny Gyrraptor chick he had found as well, intending to show her the grave of her mother. Anah'shi was perched upon the Leader's back, nestled up against his spiky mane, clutching on with her tiny claws and peering around her in wonder.

"This is a place of ancient secrets, Anah'shi," the Leader told her, moving downward through the tunnels. "Perhaps someday I may tell you of what transpired here, but for now..." He trailed off as he caught an old yet familiar scent. "Could that be?" The Hunter dashed forward, being careful to not upset the chick upon his back, until he reached the open caverns, where he saw someone he had not expected in a million years to see. "Lionel...? Is that you...?"

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
House - Breeder's Listing - Trades - Art - Wishlist
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 674
Donate

Lionel- 2 ; Chad-2

Postby Jaykobell » 06/18/2008 2:50 PM

The scent the Leader had caught was indeed his. And if the Leader had gotten ahold of his smell, so did Lionel, picking up the strong scent of a powerful and respectful Hunter. The golden-and-brown Hunter narrowed his emerald eyes. Obviously, he shouldn't have come here.

And soon enough, the one he hadn't expected (or wanted) to meet was standing before him. With a scornful and spiteful groan, Lionel approached the blue Hunter. "Leader," he greeted emotionlessly. "Surprising seeing you here." Although he wasn't very keen upon meeting the Leader again, he still respected the Hunter before him.

When he realized Lionel wasn't following him anymore (as Chad had gotten ahead by quite a bit), the Gyrraptor turned around to see if the Hunter was still there; and that was when he noticed the other Hunter. Intrigued, Gygy walked over to them, and that was when he was able to finally notice the small Gyrraptor chick upon the Leader's back. He couldn't help but suppress a gasp.

He bent down beside the Leader and observed the small chick, one the same species of his own...
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 06/18/2008 3:28 PM

So, Lionel was still bitter about the past. A sad thing, but not surprising; that event had wounded both of them. How to go about this now... "Lionel... I apologize... I tried my hardest to warn everyone, but we were a proud race..." His tail hung low, as did his ears. He truly was sorry, and he was trying his best to convey it, but the Leader wasn't sure if an apology would be able to soothe Lionel's anger.

Anah looked up from the two Hunters to see a Purine Gyrraptor bending down and looking at her. Being only a chick, she did not know her own species, but she did feel an innate connection with the other creature. Chirruping, she reached out and nuzzled Chad, feeling incredibly comfortable even though she had just laid eyes on him. Too bad she couldn't speak yet, or else she would have introduced herself...

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Lionel- 3 ; Chad-3

Postby Jaykobell » 06/18/2008 3:44 PM

Lionel's eyes narrowed. "You didn't try hard enough," was his only response. "I could understand how they refused to believe me; I was their equal. But you! You were their leader! Our leader!" He bared his fangs. "Do you think I was not proud too, back then? But there are times when you need to leave that pride behind," he retorted, sinking his claws into the ground. "'Sorry' doesn't cut it, sorry, Leader." He made sure to emphasize on the other Hunter's name. Not only was his pride hurt, but his feelings were as well. "I'd take revenge for all those years of solitude I had to go through because of you all," he continued. "But I'm a bit more civilized." What else was there to say? It was already obvious to see just how furious he was.

Chad drew his head back in surprise as Anah nuzzled his own nose. He then came back and tilted his head to the side. Still a chick she was... Had she had the chance to meet her mother? ... Their mother? Perhaps so... He remembers he was even younger than she was when he was taken away from Shi'hana. "Hey, there..." he cooed to the small chick, trying to converse, even though he knew Anah was seemingly unable to speak at this stage of her life... But it looked like she knew the two of them were similar in more ways than one.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 06/18/2008 8:31 PM

"Indeed, there are times that pride should be left behind. But do you think our race would take kindly to such an idea? Even from their leader, they were loathe to believe it. They refused to believe it. They thought that I had gone mad, Lionel, for me to suggest such a thing! 'Look at us,' they said. 'We are at the peak of our civilization! How could you possibly think that we are about to fall?'" His tail, still low, flicked uneasily, his words echoing around the once-glorious caverns. "I saw their eyes gleam with the concept of a new king... and you know of the corruption that tore at the want-to-be's hearts."

Anah squeaked back at Chad in reply, then chirruped in worry at the two bickering Hunters. She had no idea what they were speaking of, but the tones of their voices had her upset. Hunkering down into the spines of the Leader's mane, she chirruped again and peered at Chad, as if asking what he was going to do in order to hide.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Lionel- 4 ; Chad- 4

Postby Jaykobell » 06/18/2008 9:11 PM

Lionel backed away at the Leader's reply, lowering his ears against the back of his golden skull. While his eyes let out fear for a moment from getting such an answer from his former leader, he quickly regained his composure and his sharp tongue. "Then it was your downfall and not mine," he spat. "Sure, the whole concept was great and more than interesting. But if you would have done the first step, they would have followed you! Don't you it can never be true when something is too good? It's a cycle. When an empire or clan or any sort becomes too powerful, it is bound to fall!" He paused. "In the end, you were the one who wasn't worthy of being our leader." That, surely, would get him into trouble.

Chad, too, was getting rather annoyed at the Hunters' quarrel. While they were arguing, Chad picked up Anah in his jaws and settled her onto his back. "They're just talking; don't worry about it," he whispered to the chick, turning back to the two Hunters. Well, he for one wasn't getting anywhere fast... He turned to Anah again. "Do you want to go explore some with me? You wouldn't hear the scary Hunters then." While he didn't know if the chick would agree to accompany him, she could at least hide in his fur meanwhile? It was easy for him to sense how uncomfortable and upset she was towards these two arguing felines.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 06/19/2008 5:24 PM

That had done it. "Who would you have suggested to lead, then?" he hissed, eyes narrowed. "Could you not see the corruption in their hearts? Our race would have fallen even more quickly, had any of them managed to overthrow me. Perhaps you think you could have led our people? But no, you did not try. You ran and abandoned us to our fate. Willingly would I have stepped down had I thought someone worthy of the position, but no! there was none."

Anah squeaked as she was taken from the Leader's back and placed among soft white feathers so much like her own. As the weight was lifted from the Hunter, he turned momentarily to Chad, looking him over. Deciding that he was a trustworthy fellow, he went back to glaring at Lionel, allowing Chad to take care of Anah. She chirped, as if to ask "Where are we going to go?"

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Lionel- 5 ; Chad- 5

Postby Jaykobell » 06/19/2008 6:07 PM

Lionel flinched and stepped back, his crystal mane starting to bristle. "I never abandoned my pride," he retorted angrily, even though he was aware what Leader had just said was the truth. How else could anyone see what he had done as 'not running away?' Clearly that was what he had done. And... could he have lead the other Hunters? ... "No... I couldn't have lead them," he admitted, lowering his head and tail. "And yeah, maybe I did ran away from the pride, but what would you have done had you been me? While you got a few odd looks, I got the whole hatred and the suspicions thrown at me. 'He's the one who influenced the Leader.' Or, 'Let him believe his fantasies. As if the pride could fall! We are the peak of ascension!'" He looked away. "Do you think I had any love or bound left to this pride? Why stay where you are not wanted, Leader?"

Chad looked at the Leader as the Hunter stared at him for a few moments before returning his attention to Lionel. Well, that boy sure was getting in trouble with that Leader. Lionel's always had a short-tongue, Chad reminded himself.

He looked over his shoulder at Anah. "I know our mother's grave is nearby," he chirped to her, nuzzling her some. "Would you like to go there?" Although Anah couldn't reply with words, it was easy to see she could understand what Chad was telling her.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 06/20/2008 10:39 PM

"It takes courage to leave all that you have known... but it takes more to stay where you are not wanted. Still, I understand your reasons for leaving, and I only wish that there was a way that you could have stayed. You were one of my most trusted friends, Lionel..." The Leader sighed. He looked strangely worn and weary then. "I haven't the heart to argue with you any more... If you no longer wish to consider me an ally, then I understand." Turning to Chad, he added, "And I apologize that you both had to withstand our argument, especially you, Anah'shi."

The baby Gyrraptor chirped, head tilted at the Hunter, not quite understanding his apology. Still, he didn't sound angry anymore, and so she began to relax, snuggling against the feathers of the other Gyrraptor. She chirped again, this time at Chad. It looked like she was ready to travel to their mother's grave, even if she didn't know that that was what they were going to see.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Lionel- 6 ; Chad- 6

Postby Jaykobell » 06/21/2008 1:54 AM

Hearing such words coming from the Leader made Lionel feel odd. The Hunter felt a small pang of guilt. When he would think about it, he would realize some of the things he had said earlier had been fairly harsh towards Leader. Right now, Leader was understanding Lionel's feelings, while the golden Hunter had failed to understand his leader's. As an old friend, he should have tried to rebuild the lost link between him and his old friend. Instead, he had tried to shatter it more. ...

Chad, who hadn't spoken much until then, had no other choice but to open his mouth. "Oh, it's all right... Some things need to be discussed sometimes..." He shifted a little as Anah snuggled about on his back. "Ah, so her name is Anah'shi..." He looked around some, and then heard the small chick chirp. Apparently, she was willing to go explore the caverns some. He turned back to Leader. "Well, we're going to go see our mother's grave... Would you wish to come with us?" Of course, the Hunter was free to refuse his invitation would he have any business left with Lionel to discuss of...
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 06/21/2008 9:31 PM

The Leader turned his head, looking from Chad to Lionel and back again, before speaking. "If Lionel and I are finished here, then I would indeed like to join you. It was my intention to show Anah'shi her mother's grave, even though she may not understand exactly what it is we have come to see, and I would also like to give my respects to the deceased. Will you come with us as well, Lionel?" he added, looking back at the golden Hunter.

Anah gave a short whistle after each mention of her name. She knew they were talking about her and also about someone called her mother... Who was this Mother? The Gyrraptor may still have been a little chick, but she didn't remember anyone called that. Then again, it was difficult to remember things when you had your eyes closed during the event.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Lionel- 7 ; Chad- 7

Postby Jaykobell » 06/21/2008 11:17 PM

Lionel shifted about uneasily. What to do, what to do... Stay here alone or accompany Chad, Anah and the Leader? While he didn't want to stay alone out here, he was also in charge of Chadwick and for his well-being. And maybe... Leader and him would be able to discuss of things further, but this time, as old friends and not as rivals. "While they are things I wish to ask you, I have the duty of protecting, Chadwick," he meowed as he turned to the Purine Gyrraptor. "But we can talk on the way?" he proposed, flicking his tail. If not... well, he'd just remain quiet.

Chad twisted his neck to nuzzle the small Gyrraptor chick that was nestled onto his back. It felt odd, to have one of his species on his back, as if he was a father of sorts... Babies are always as cute as they can be. He waited for the two Hunders to make a decision, chirping and nuzzling the chick meanwhile.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 06/22/2008 4:09 PM

"That sounds reasonable," the Leader nodded in agreement, a small grin showing on his face. "And we shall pay our respects to your mother as well," he added in a more somber tone, addressing Chad. "Even though my companions and I fought on the Imperialist's side of the past war, we held no loyalty to them. It was due to a friend that we entered the war in the first place... I hope her spirit is at rest."

The chick chirped and nuzzled back at Chad, having cheered up considerably. She did consider the Leader as her father, as he had been the one to find her, but she was also starting to think of Chad as a father, too... or at least as a mature older brother. Of course, he was an older brother, but she didn't realize that yet. Wiggling excitedly, she squeaked at the group of older males, as if saying, "I wanna go! Can we start moving yet?"

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Lionel- 8 ; Chad- 8

Postby Jaykobell » 06/22/2008 5:01 PM

Ah, yes... He heard from Marble how he had met a Hunter with strange body stripes while in the war, and how that Hunter had been fighting for the Imperialists. Well, he held no loyalty to either side, so he could care less about which one the Leader was fighting with. "Let us get going, then," he said, nodding.

Chad listened to the Leader as Anah nuzzled him back and turned his head around as Lionel said to get moving, and then turned around again as Anah started wriggling onto his back, seemingly excited to leave as well. Well, weren't they excited about all of this. "All right, let's head off, then," the Gyrraptor said, walking off and taking the lead, even though he didn't quite know where to go... but if Leader and Lionel wanted to talk, he figured he'd let them some sort of intimacy. "You'll see," he chirped to Anah, "it will be amazing." He fluffed up his feathers some, giving Anah some more warmth.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Next