Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

You're Joking, Right? (Akail Hunt, CLOSED)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/22/2008 5:00 PM

ImageImage
Sammy

Drip. Drip. Drip.

"You're joking, right?"The young girl laid one pale hand on the equine's mane as he stomped a hoof, looking perplexed as he shot her a glance. In his mind, she was being foolish. A little noise was nothing to be scared of. But perhaps it was something else that frightened her. The unknown? Or perhaps the giant, dark tunnel that loomed before them, leading into the unknown caverns. Ghost was sure that humans feared everything from his time spent with Sammy. But for all her faults, he was very fond of the girl. He nudged her with his head softly, and she stumbled forward reluctantly.

I never joke, his thoughts drifted towards her, and she glanced uncertainly at him. The soft sound of approaching footsteps signaled the return of Ki'Ara, who had gone off to scout the area reluctantly. She was loath to leave Ghost with Sammy, for fear he could not protect her sufficiently. In her primitive mind, horse was food. Horse did not equal protection. Horse was insufficient guardian and horse should be eaten. But she tolerated him and did not eat him, because her trainer was fond of Ghost.

Both creatures wore traditional saddle and bridles befitting their kind. Neither complained, and neither cared. Sammy glanced up as Ki'Ara came along, and snuggled close to her trainer, shooting unhappy glances at the blue and white equine on the other side of her. Sammy chuckled, and, her eyes darting towards the tunnel, she took a deep breath as she stroked Ki'Ara's ruffled feathers.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

"All right. If your sure the Akail are down there. But...Won't they tear us to bits too? I thought they were bloodthirsty little things..." She looked nervous as she swung up into Ki'Ara's saddle effortlessly, having done it many times before. Ghost snorted, pawing the ground as he began forward through the dark tunnels.

Many travelers come down here nowadays. Akail would not attack individually. However, I am sure they would in a group. And yes, they are bloodthirsty. We will find one, and we will capture it, I have no doubt. Though we will most likely receive a few scratches for our troubles. And I have a feeling we will also run into other travelers down here, most likely for the same reason. Akail are all the rage at the moment.

He snorted with amusement, tossing his head as he did so, and picked up the pace, gliding effortlessly through the dark tunnels to where he knew the caverns would be. Ghost had a sixth sense, it seemed. He saw things before they happened, and he knew about things that weren't there. He had once said he could communicate with spirits, but said no more on the matter since. Sammy did not pry, or push him to explain. It was not in her nature.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Ki'Ara walked along at a more sedate pace, but kept the large beast in sight with her sharp eyes. Sammy sat atop the large reptile, her hands holding tightly to the reins, and feet perched firmly in the stirrups. It was getting a bit lighter as they went, oddly, and Sammy found herself staring at the ruins of a crystal city. Her eyes were wide as small speck of sunlight filtered from holes in the top of the cave and bounced across the ruined glass.

There was writing on the walls, in strange symbols she could not decipher. Come, the voice of Ghost drifted back to her. Lets go a bit deeper. We'll never find an Akail so close to a tunnel. They prefer to wait in the deeper parts of the cave. He started forward again, and Ki'Ara obediently followed behind, with Sammy staring about with wide, curious eyes.

((Feel free to join. Really. The more the merrier!))

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/23/2008 12:00 AM

Image[center]
[center]Molly[center]
[center]Image
Clockwork Hollowheart

Chaos Draculi

Molly rapped her cloak tighter around her arms. This ruined crystal city was freezing down here. She looked at her Clockwork Hollowheart, Tick-Tock. She was really lucky that he had been able to fit down here. She always felt safe when he was around. She then looked down at here Chaos Draculi, Troy. He was walking by her side, and seem to shiver a bit. Molly didn't understand why she had to come down here. But they said there were Akail down here. She just had to try and find at least a baby, if not an egg. Well, she really didn't care if she got just a picture. She just wanted something for her hard word.

"Y-you o-ok T-troy?" She shivered. "N-not t-to c-cold?" She also asked.

Troy looked up at her.

"No, no Molly. Thanks for asking." He said with a smile.

Molly then looked to Tick-Tock.

"H-how a-are y-you?" She asked.

"Just fine, Molly." Tick-Tock answered. "If it gets to cold for you, I can always warm you up with a fire." He said as they walked on.

(are we truly going to find something down here, if so who will get it???)

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/23/2008 10:10 PM

((-Confused- I didn't see the original. Was the character changed?))

Ki'Ara's head snapped up, and she let out a soft cooing noise, one that was the signal of alarm in Sammy's books. Her neck whipped around, and the large Gyrraptor squawked suddenly, eyes glowing brightly in the cavern. Ghost paused up ahead, and he too, lifted his neck to spy out whatever had gotten the reptile's feathers in a bunch. Sammy pulled her coat tighter around her. She could hear voices coming from somewhere in the large cavern, but she couldn't quite figure out where.

Her eyes darted about, and then widened when they landed on the head of a very large, very conspicuous Hollowheart. She made a soft clicking noise, and Ki'Ara shot forward, feet dancing across the ground as Ghost took off after them. The reptile made record time, and stopped just in front of the giant dragon like creature. Sammy stared up at it, amazed and a bit intimidated, before catching sight of the girl and the small Draculi at her feet. "Oh!"she called, and dismounted Ki'Ara expertly.

Her feet touched the ground, and she turned to them, smiling and giving a short, half-wave as she did so. "Howdy! I didn't now anyone was down here too!"The soft sounds of Ghost's approach on her other side made Sammy turn her head, but she still kept her smile and eyes on the girl. "My name is Sammy, and this is Ki'Ara and Ghost," she motioned to ach in turn. Ghost dipped his head, as his voice seemed to float into the minds of the new travelers.

Greetings, explorers. I was correct in assuming we'd meet your kind down here. My intuition is never wrong. What is it you seek in the caverns of Shi'Hana's death? At the mention of Shi'Hana, Ki'Ara's head lashed around, and she snapped her jaws in Ghost's direction, a warning to watch his tone when he spoke of the great Gyrraptor.

[2, 2]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/24/2008 12:46 PM

(ya, I forgot the last guy I had on there was in another rp, sorry)

Molly was a bit startled by this. She had stubbled, then tripped over Troy. He had then let out a cry of pain, she not only tripped on him, but also stepped on his tail. Also, as Molly was falling, she grabbed hold of Tik-Toks left wing. Dragging him down with her. So there they were, in one big pile on the ground. Molly looked up to Sammy. And gave her an imbarassed grin.

"H-hi." She nervously said.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/24/2008 6:00 PM

"Well!' Sammy muffled her giggles, and patted Ki'Ara shoulder, as the reptile became a bit anxious after all the commotion. She leaned down, extending one slightly tanned hand towards the girl. "Nice to meet you. But in all the ruckus, I didn't catch your name." She wiggled her fingers.

"Need some help up? You sure have a way of introducing yourself!" She heard the soft, mind-laughter of Ghost, as the Penticorn stared down at the pile of human and pets. Ki'Ara was fidgeting nervously, eager to be on their way and to get to lady Shi'Hana's grave. Sammy held the reins tightly in her free hand, right hand extended to help Molly up.

[3,3]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/24/2008 6:25 PM

"Uh.....M-my n-names M-molly." She said nerviously, extending her hand to Sammy's.

Troy and Tik-Tok helped thereselves up. Troy looked at the group and just snuffed and turned his head. Tik-Tok dusted his self off and smiled at the group. Troy sat down and licked his tail flat again, and checked for any infuries. He loved his tail so dearly.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/24/2008 7:20 PM

((Heh heh. That last sentence made me laugh...'He loved his tail so dearly.' -giggles-))

Ghost stomped his hooves, shifting a bit impatiently. The sky colored equine was not as patient as his reptilian counterpart, and was eager to get on the way. However, Ki'Ara was just as fidgety, a rare thing for the ever faithful mount. She wanted to go deeper, see the sacred resting place of lady Shi'Hana. Her feathers ruffled and she cooed softly to her trainer, letting her know she was ready to go. Ghost snorted and shook his mane.

We should really be on our way now, Sammy, he sent impatiently. But Sammy shooed him off. "Nice to meet you Molly. Are you down here for the same reason we are?"She ignored the Penticorn's pointed look, warning her not to say anymore. She just chuckled, and shoved her hands into her sweater pockets.

"We're lookin' for Akail...And visiting the grave of the lady Shi'Hana. Ki'Ara is quite adamant about that."She patted the reptile's neck fondly, and Ki'Ara forgot her impatience for a moment and cooed at her trainer's touch. "So, you down here for the same reason, Molly?"

[4,4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/24/2008 7:28 PM

(oh, thanks, it is cute ^3^)

Molly didn't understand the whole 'lady Shi'Hana' part of it, but the first part was true.

"Ya, I wanted to explore for the Akail." She started. "I would love to get one as a pet, but if I just get only a picture of one, then I am happy with that." She finished, smiling.

She saw how her pets seemed so anshist to go on.

"You can go if you want, I'm ok." She said, looking at Tik-Tok.

Tik-Tok nodded at her. Troy just sniffed again and started walking on.

"We should be heading deeper anyway. We don't want to miss any of them, if there are any." She said, dusting herself off.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/24/2008 8:51 PM

Sammy shrugged, her blue eyes bright as she nodded to Molly. "Akail are all the rage nowadays, aren't they?"she quipped, shooting a wry glance at Ghost. She patted his back, and then turned to Molly, holding out Ki'Ara's reins. "I'd like to go with you. More the merrier, right?"She smiled lopsidedly, and ignored Ghost's protesting snort. Her hand rested on his saddle, as though she was about to climb up.

"You can ride Ki'Ara if you want. She's very reliable, and it'll be faster if we ride. What do you say?"Ki'Ara shifted a bit to stare at Molly, and cooed softly to the new girl, looking at her curiously. She didn't quite understand what all was going on, but her master wanted her to carry someone else, so carry she would, if the new girl ever made up her mind.

Ghost grumbled telepathically to Sammy, but the girl paid him no mind as she swung up into his saddle, swinging the reins over his head. She still held Ki'Ara's reins, and offered them to the girl once more.

[5,5]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/24/2008 9:38 PM

Molly stood there for a minute, then shook her head.

"The more the merrier. That is true. But I will be fine either walking or riding Tik-Tok." She said, motioning to her Clockwork Hollowheart.

"Thanks though for the offer, if I may need him in the mean time, I will say so." She finished as she jumped onto Tik-Tok's back.

She motioned for Troy to also climb aboard. But at he just ignored her.

"Troy! Up here now!" She said in a sturn voice.

The Chaos Draculi was startled at first by the loud voice of Molly. But then grumbled and climb onto Tik-Tok's shoulders. Molly looked to Sammy.

"Will we be off then?" She asked, smiling friendly.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/26/2008 7:58 PM

Sammy shrugged, and reached out over her Gyrraptor, looping the reins back over her head. Ki'Ara would follow despite having no rider. Sammy rode Ghost because he would allow no other to do so. It was pretty simple. Ki'Ara, eager to go, headed forward, and passed each party member with easy, loping strides. Sammy made sure to keep her in sight, but she headed further up, disappearing into the darkness.

The girl huffed, a bit worried for her friend. Ghost began plodding along at a slow pace, sending a reassuring thought to his rider. Sammy looked up at Molly. "I think with so many in our party, we're probably going to scare the Akail off..." She motioned for them to follow as she took the trail Ki'Ara had taken into the darkness. "So, Molly, have you heard anything about this place? And about it's significance?"

Meanwhile, Ki'Ara had gone further up ahead, and the sounds of her trainer disappeared completely in the darkness. she cooed, sounding like a lost baby chick as she looked left and right. Which way to go now? There was darkness all around her, and if it hadn't been for her excellent sight, she'd be lost for sure.  She glanced back over her shoulder. Sammy and the others were good distance away, and Ki'Ara didn't really want to lose track of them. But she was also curious. She wanted to find lady Shi'Hana's resting place, but had no idea where to start.

A large den-type hole was off to her right. She snuffled curiously, sticking her nose inside. Maybe the grave was in here? Snorting, she drew back, and headed a bit deeper into the darkness, the light disappearing competently and her companions voices cutting off quite abruptly in the caverns. She cooed again, looking up at the vast, dark ceiling, and then around her, where many pieces of crystal, and dark rocks lay. She snuffled the air.

Where was that grave? A rock clattered to the ground off in the darkness, and she squawked very softly, feathers ruffling in alarm. What could that have been? Shrugging it off, the large reptile snuffled about on the floor, trying to pick up any type of familiar scent.

[6,6]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/26/2008 8:07 PM

Molly shook her head.

"I know nothing of this place, other than the special creatures that lurk in it's darkness." She answered.

She petted Tik-Tok, signifying to start at a slow pace.

"You said that this big of a party would most likely scare the hunt off?" She asked.

troy sat on Tik-Toks head, in between his massive horns. He could see great in the dark, being a nocturnal animal.

"It seems your pet has wondered off pretty far." He said in a sarcastic voice to Sammy.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/26/2008 8:43 PM

Sammy smiled. "Really? So I suppose you don't know about Shi'Hana, and the Maiden's Tear, huh?" She blinked. "The end of the war happened here, in these caverns. The Maiden's Tear helped bring down the Imperials, who sought it's power for themselves. A strange twist of fate, if you ask me." Ghost snorted, nodding his head in agreement.

"Lady Shi'Hana was killed here. She was a Purine Gyrraptor, and she was the one who killed the beast who served the Imperial commander. She herself was killed in the process. But her story lives on, in the minds and hearts of all who live in Evelon. That is why Ki'Ara is so very eager to find her gravesite. She wants to pay her respects to the Gyrraptor who, in a way, helped to end the great war."

She shrugged and then answered Molly's second question. "It might scare the Akail I know in groups they are persistent, and would likely attack. But as an individual, they would most likely flee."She glanced up at Troy, and chuckled. "Ki'Ara can handle herself. She's a Gyrraptor. I don't know many pets who'd tangle with one of them."

Off in the darkness, Ki'Ara continued to snuffle around. She tilted her head to the side, violet eyes glowing in the vast darkness. Oh, could that be a path? She ventured a bit farther, only to come face to face with a rather steep cliff. She sighed. She couldn't get down there.

And besides, she had no idea what was there in the first place. She cooed disappointedly, and shuffled around in the dark. Another clatter sounded in the darkness, but she ignored it, thinking it only a few loose rocks falling to the ground.

[7,7]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/26/2008 8:53 PM

Molly sighed disappointly.

"If I would have known that a group will scare them away, I wouln't have brought Troy." She said, giving Troy a disappointed glare.

Troy turned and gave her an angry stare.

"But I never knew of the story. I knew of the war, but I didn't know it happened here." She said, looking down sadly.

She was sad that she didn't know anything of the place she lived in. And where her pets grew up in.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/27/2008 9:56 PM

"I think it's more the Hollowheart you should be worried about. He's pretty big, and an Akail would most likely bolt if they had to face him alone. But I wouldn't worry. I doubt you or I would run into an Akail unless we split up."She looked up ahead into the dark tunnel. She could no longer see or hear Ki'Ara, and Ghost told her he could no longer either.

The Gyrraptor had wandered far away, and would most likely get picked off by Akail if she didn't return. Sammy was getting a bit worried. But she would save the big worrying for later. She glanced at Molly, then at Troy. "Don't you two like each other? You don't seem to, by the way you act. What's up with you two?"

[8,8]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next