Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Postby HunnyBun » 06/28/2008 12:11 AM

Molly giggled a little at what Sammy said.

"No, it's not that we don't like each other. Truely, I love Troy. But He can be a pain every once in awhile." She said, giggling again. "I guess it's his Draculi nature to be grumby and anoying." She finished.

Troy huffed and turned his head away from Molly. Even Tik-Tok seemed to giggle at what she had said. But Molly eventually setteled down and thought to herself. She would be a little disappointed if they didn't at least see a Akail. She wanted to see what one tuly looked like so she could draw a picture of one. She sighed at the thought of coming out empty handed.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/29/2008 4:12 PM

Ki'Ara plodded along the darkened path. There were so many different scents here. Most of the scents had to do with fungi, and there was a musty taint to everything she smelled. It made her nose itch, and she felt like sneezing. Shaking her massive head, she cooed softly into the dark, lifting her neck to try and see further ahead. Her feet kicked a rock, and it tumbled ahead of her, clattering in the quiet din. It echoed loudly, and Ki'Ara winced mentally. She didn't mean to be so loud. Her feathers ruffled lightly as she continued very slowly down the darkened path.

Sammy smiled. "I know what you mean. Ghost is the same way too sometimes,"she said, patting the equines neck. He can sometimes get cranky and just refuses to let anyone go near him. But as long as he still loves me-"she patted him again. "-And you know you do Ghost- I'm perfectly fine with him being in his snippy little moods."Silence fell over the small party, before Sammy piped up again. "So, you're an artist, or what?"

[9,9]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/29/2008 4:34 PM

Molly nodded, blushing a little.

"Ya....well...I'm a little good some times." She replied, twiddling her fingers.

Tik-Tok nodded his head at what she had said. And Troy gripped tightly for this sudden movement.

"Hey! You almost tipped me off!" Troy yelled at Tik-Tok.

Molly was startled by Troy's loud voice and shooshed him.

"Quite Troy, you'll scare the Akail." She whispered, putting a finger to her mouth.

Troy just snorted and jumped of the Hollowhearts head. He shook his butt to Molly before running ahead into the darkness.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/29/2008 10:06 PM

Sammy blinked in surprise as Troy yowled and the leapt off to run off into the darkness. She blinked her blue eyes, confused as to what just happened. Ghost, who she rode, chuckled beneath her. It sounded like a rumble to human ears, but it was a laugh nonetheless. The little kitty got his fur all ruffled, the equine mused, sounding entertained to no end. That is why I dislike felines. They're so very prissy. Oh well. Ki'Ara will find him soon enough. Let's just pray she doesn't mistake him for food. Sammy swatted his neck lightly, then looked up at Molly. "Don't worry. Ki'Ara wouldn't do that. And she'll look after him."

Ki'Ara squawked softly as she heard the sound of footsteps rapidly approaching. Her feathers fluffed up, and she made a low, gurgling growl deep in her throat that was almost inaudible. Her purple eyes glowed in the dark, and she watched the bend that led from where she had come from, and into the deeper, darker depths of the caverns. She took a step back, and, without knowing what happened, her massive claws slipped, and she found herself tumbling down into a small cavern, littered with what looked like dens all around the lips and bottom. She cooed, and stood up, brushing herself off from the relatively short fall. She looked back up at the top of the cavern. How was she going to get out, and more importantly, what would she see peeking over from the lip of the cavern?

[10, 10]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/29/2008 10:16 PM

Molly nodded at what Sammy had said.

"Yes, I believe Ki'Ara will protect him. But most likely, if anyhting were to happen. Troy'd just run off and hide." She said, giggling alittle to what she had said.

Glow nodded at this, and chuckled along.

Troy walked through the dark caverns. He could see since he was cat likie. But there wasn't much to see. The noises of Molly and Sammy had long since disapated. And now he heard a low growling coming from in front of him. He slowed his pace, but to hear a shuffle of rocks and a thud. He ran over to where the noise was. He say a ridge, he looked over to see Ki'Ara standing at the bottom. Troy just shook his head, 'It was only the stupid Blossom Gyrraptor' He thought to himself.

"Hey!" He yelled out to him. "What aare you doing down there?" He asked.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/05/2008 7:47 PM

Ki'Ara looked up, making a soft cooing noise in the back of her throat. Stupid cat. It wasn't as though she planned or wanted to fall down here. It just happened. She scratched irritably at one of the dirt walls, and growled under her breath. What was she supposed to do now? It seemed as though there was no way out. She was stuck down here until she could find a ledge to pull herself up on. She looked back up at the Draculi, and spoke softly in her native language. One all pets understood. "I did not intend to fall down here. It seems I am stuck until I can secure a ledge to haul myself out. Where are the trainers?" She sounded irritable, but her voice was still soft. Better not to attract too much attention to herself while she was stuck
and vulnerable.

Ghost could faintly pick up trace sounded of the two animals ahead. But he kept quiet, and said nothing. He knew Ki'Ara was fine, and that annoying little cat was most likely in good shape as well. if Ki'Ara didn't get hungry first. He chuckled mentally, and plodded ahead.

[11, 11]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/05/2008 7:56 PM

Troy snuffed, and looked back to see if the others were coming yet. He came back to the ledge.

"No, they are some ways still." He started. "I could go and get them to help if you can't help yourself." He said, pacing the edge.

Molly patted Tik-Tok as he walked on.

"So, have you seen anny Akail before?' She asked Sammy. "I haven't seen one, not even a picture. But I've heard of them. And I want to at least see one so that I may be able to draw a picture of one." She said, smiling a bit.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/06/2008 5:06 PM

Ki'Ara snorted, sounding offended. She could get herself out, she just had to figure out how. Perhaps if she tried hard enough, she could climb out. She scratched at the wall with her clawed feet, looking thoughtful. Maybe if she used all of her claws, she could climb up With a mighty leapt, she clung to the wall, and began to try to claw her way up. But after  few attempts, she fell back to the floor of the cavern. She growled softly, before glancing around. "Hold on, there's a ledge," She called softly. "I'll try and use that."She started towards it, passing many of the ominous looking dens on her way. She looked a bit put-out and maybe a bit frightened as well. She started up the very small ledge, trying to get back to the top.

Sammy shrugged and patted Ghost, who raised his head and looked ahead, ears pricked forward. he thought he heard something...But...Oh well. The girl on his back looked up at Molly, and smiled. "Well, no, but I have heard that my trainer Millie has one, or will have one very soon.  She doesn't tell me much about that kind of stuff. I don't know where she might've gotten it." She shrugged again. "Maybe if she does get an Akail, I could bring it to you, and you could draw it."

[12, 12]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/06/2008 6:24 PM

Troy laughed when he saw Ki'Ara fall. Then falled her as she walked to the ledge.

"Lets hope nothing down there is hungry." He said sarcasticly to her.

Molly smiled to what she had said.

"That would be very nice." She answered. "If I could draw a picture, it might help other trainers that would like to see what they looklike. So hunting would be easier." She smiled again.

She looked around to see if maybe they might hav caught up to Troy and Ki'Ara. Seeing that they had not, she looked to Sammy.

"Shouldn't we by now caught up to Troy and Ki'Ara?" She asked her, starting to get alittle worried.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/10/2008 6:05 PM

What was that noise? The creature grumbled softly to itself, it's yellow eyes blinking open. It sounded like a scratching. The creature had been curled up in one of the many dens at the base of a large cavern, carefully hidden away in the dark. She had her tail wrapped around her slim body, clawed feet curled up under her chest. With a low growl, she lifted her head, and stared out into the darkness, her eyes adjusting to the lack of light with little difficulty. She saw perfectly. After all, she was born here, and her species had adapted to living in the dark. She grumbled to herself, and stood, sticking her neck out of the hole. What she saw made hr mouth water. Up above her, a Gyrraptor had walked along the ledge, and was just pulling herself up on top of the lip of the cavern.

She watched as another creature, a Draculi, spoke to the large reptile. Now, this Akail wasn't stupid. She knew she'd never win in a fight with a Gyrraptor. After all, she'd seen that last fight, when that last Gyrraptor had come down here. They weren't ones to be messed with. But that Draculi looked tasty. Carefully, she sidled out of her den, and scaled the wall with absolutely no noise. She didn't blend well with the caverns. her skin was brightly colored. That was why the other Akail didn't want to be around her as much. They hated her coloring. She licked her beak, and clung to the wall like a cockroach, staring down at them with hungry eyes.

Ki'Ara had just pulled herself up onto the lip of the cavern. "What was that?"she asked, glaring down at the small cat-like creature as she spoke. She flikced her head, trying to dislodge the loose dirt that had tumbled onto her feathers. "I dislike this cavern,"she muttered, as the sounds of her trainer came from up ahead. Just as she was about to say something else, Sammy rounded the corner, riding Ghost, who seemed amused by Ki'Ara's situation.

Had a little trouble did you? the horse sent, an equine smile on his face. Sammy looked up at Molly. "We should be seeing them right about..."She turned and smiled. "Now. And they're fine. Where were you two?"Ki'Ara cooed, and padded forward, nuzzling her trainers hand. Ghost shook his mane. We're not alone, his thoughts were sent to everyone. There's something out there...

[13, 13, 1]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 07/10/2008 9:36 PM

((May I join?))

Noel Kalamarei

A girl with black cat ears and tail came passing by through the cave. There were two pets on either side of her. On her left, a Noel Kalamarei who had a collar that seemed to be full of water. On her right, a Candle Shinzo whose flame on his back kept a flickering light so the group could see.

"How much longer Aj?" asked the Kalamarei. "I don't know Bell," said Aj with her black, furry tail swaying side to side. "I guess we just have to keep walking. By the way, why did you want to come here?" "I was hoping we could find an Akail." said Bell with a smile. "I've always wanted to explore and learn about new pets. And besides, you've been ranting about wanting an Akail so much." "No I haven't! Have I?" said Aj with her ears flattening in thought. "Yes," the Candle Shinzo finally said. "You have. You even talk about it in your sleep." "Oh." said the cat girl with a blush. "I guess I just get excited when I hear of a new pet. Thanks for telling me Takashi." Takashi sighed. "No problem." Aj then froze. "What's wrong?" asked Takashi. "I hear someone." answered Aj with a serious look on her face. "Come on." Aj went foward. As they continued, the voices became louder. Aj walked faster. "Hurry." Just then from afar, Aj could see Molly and Sammy. Just then her serious mood went away. She ran up to the two and their pets saying, "Hello, my name's Aj and..." "No!" Takashi grabbed his owner's arm and said, "Stop! We don't know if these people mean us any harm." "He's right, Aj." said Bell who held on to her other arm.
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 321
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/10/2008 10:14 PM

(ooc: you got a Akail???? LUCKY!!! *envyenvy*)

Molly looked around, what or who else could have been there?

"What is it?" She asked, still looking around.

Troy started to walk back to Molly and Troy. He was getting tired of being in the caves. Also, he was tired of walking, so he was going to jump onto Tik-Toks back.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 07/11/2008 6:03 PM

"It wouldn't hurt just to say 'Hi' you know." "Yes, but..." Takashi started. Aj freed her arms from Takashi and Bell and ran over. "She is right Takashi. Who knows? They might be friendly." said Bell as she went over with her owner. Takashi sighed. "Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt." He then ran over with Aj and Bell. When they finally caught up, Aj said with her tail swinging side to side, "Hello! I'm Aj. And these are my friends Takashi and Bell." "Hello." said Takashi. "Hi!" said Bell with a wide grin. "Do you happen to be looking for an Akail?" asked Aj. "If you are, do mind if we go with you?"
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/11/2008 7:45 PM

The Akail hissed. It didn't like all these people coming into it's caves. Despite the fact that Akail were only brave in packs, this one believed it could scare them enough to send them running. It climbed along the wall, tail lashing back in forth in anger, and skittered in front of the group. But it did not yet show itself, for it was still shrouded in the darkness, despite it's colorful skin. It's eyes glowed yellow in the dark, and it hissed again, angry at the intrusions. perhaps one of it's fellow Akail would be so kind as to help it scare these creatures out of it's home.

Ghost's eyes were fixated upon the Akail, though he could not see it. he could sense it almost hear it. His ears were very sensitive. Sammy, however, was more preoccupied with the new arrivals. Ki'Ara laid her head on her trainer's lap, and watched them with a wary eye as she stood next to the equine, who's attention was elsewhere. "Hello, AJ," Sammy said with a smile. "My name is Sammy. And this is Ghost,"she indicated the Sky Penticorn. "And Ki'Ara."Ki'Ara cooed softly, but did not raise her head, just happy to be back with Sammy. Sammy dismounted and  tightened the clip that held up her hair.

She patted Ki'Ara's neck as she and the Gyrraptor padded forward a bit to see the newcomers better. "That's Molly, and Tik-Tok and Troy,"she said, indicating her other friends. "Yeah, we're looking for an Akail. You are welcome to join us, if you like." Ki'Ara nudged her hand and cooed softly, turning her head to look at Ghost, who was walking forward as though he sense something.  Sammy turned to watch him. "What's up?"she called. I do believe there is an Akail nearby. But I cannot see it...I there anyone who can see better in the dark than I?

[14, 14, 2]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 07/11/2008 9:32 PM

"Thanks! We really appreciate it!" said Bell with a smile.

"You need to see in the dark?" asked Aj. "No problem! I have special night vision that can help me see pretty good in the darkness." Aj then closed her eyes and focused. When she opened her eyes, they were a blood red and the pupils were slitted like a cat's. She looked around or a while. She then saw a pair of yellow eyes. "Hey, guys," said Aj nervously. "Whatever you do, don't look up."

((Do you mind if my character can see through in the dark? If not I'll change it.))
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext