Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Postby HunnyBun » 07/12/2008 3:03 AM

Molly nodded when Sammy had introduced her. Tik-Tok had done the same also. But Troy didn't pay attention, he could hear something growling. And when Ghost had said he needed someone who could see in the dark. He had consentrated on doing so. He couldn't see perfectly, but his cat eyes were good in the dark. He could see something in there.

Molly wondered what Aj had ment when he said "Whatever you do, don't look up."? She was confused, and a little intimadating from this.

"What do you mean?" She asked to Aj.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 07/12/2008 8:26 AM

"Well if you want to know there's a pair of eyes right up there..." Aj pointed up. Bell and Takashi looked where Aj was pointing and they saw a pair of glowing, yellow eyes. "Oh my god..." "Just don't make any sudden movements..." said Takashi warily.

((Sorry it's so short. Dumb writer's block....))

[4,4]
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 321
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/12/2008 10:08 AM

Molly looked up and also saw the eyes. She patted Tik-Tok slowly to calm him. Troy stopped where he was, he dare not move.

"So what do we do?" Asked Molly. She patted Tik-Tok again.

(also, dumb writters block)

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 07/12/2008 9:30 PM

"Just back away slowly and we'll probably get away." answered Aj. "Yeah and if we move we might get mauled by whatever's staring at us." said Takashi whose eyes never left the yellow ones. "Just do it!" hissed Aj. The cat girl and the Candle Shinzo started slowly moving back. Bell, however just stared back at they glowing eyes. "Bell come on!" Aj said. "No. I won't. I came here all the way to see an Akail, and I'm going to see an Akail." Bell then started walking forward to the eyes. "Bell, are you crazy?!" exclaimed Takashi. "You're going to get yourself killed!" "Then that's my fault isn't it?" Bell looked back at Takashi. "Takashi, if I die, I want you to know that I've always cared for you." Takashi looked back with tears in his eyes. "But Bell..." "No buts. I'm going." said Bell who with that turned back to the glowing, yellow eyes. "Whatever you are, we mean you no harm. We are just passing by. Now if you would show yourself that would be great, but if you don't that would be fine too."

((*Gaspeth!* Did Bell finally confess her love for Takashi?))
[5,5]
I'm weird? Look, everyone is weird in this world. We just have different things that make us weird. There is no normal in life.
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/12/2008 11:46 PM

Molly didn't understand what was all happening. But she could plainly see that there where many of them here. She patted Tik-Tok so that he wouldn't get to nervious. One or two of them would be ok for Tik-Tok. But a whole group would be a little harder.Troy, seeing it was his chance to get to Molly, since the fool had destracted them. Walked slowly towards Molly and Tik-Tok. At first he walked backwards, facing the Akail to make sure none of them would attack. But then slowly turned and faced Molly, but he was still a good ways away from her. But as long as he took small slow steps, he'd be ok.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/13/2008 4:15 AM

The Akail was eyeing the newcomers warily. She knew they had spotted her, and her hackles raised suspiciously. What would they do now? She eyed the Kalamarei hungrily. It smelled like fish, though the only fish she had ever smelled were the blind ones that swam in the deep, underground pond. They tasted all right, but the Kalamarei was not on the menu. She listened to it as it spoke. Pff. Like it cared what that fishy creature had to say. Her gaze then roved to the equine. Too big. Too hard to catch. The Gyrraptor? Too many claws and teeth and feathers. The humans? No, too loud and annoying.

Hollowheart, maybe? She shook her head. Icky. Too tough. Well then, what about that Shinzo? What, and get burned? No thank you. But that little kitty cat looked right yummy, and it had it's back turned to her, finally. It would not expect an attack. She just had to figure out a way to get to it. Climbing along the walls, and careful to keep her eyes slitted so they could not spot her again, she hissed in the darkness, long rows of fangs ready to snatch up an easy meal. Her jaws salivated, and she inched closer and closer until...She sprang at Troy!

Ki'Ara saw the thing fly through the air, and Ghost was at her and Sammy's side immediately. Watch out! his voice rang out in the cave though it was not audible to the Akail. Ki'Ara growled, and shrieked a warning to the cat as the Akail got closer, claws outstretched and teeth gleaming. "Molly, Tik-Tok, Troy! Look out!"she cried, diving for AJ, and grabbing her hand to pull her down. She gave the cat-eared girl a terrified look.

"I didn't think it'd be that vicious!"she cried, looking distraught. "Call Bell back to you! She might get hurt!" Ghost was still staring at the sight. It was as though it was moving in slow motion. The Akail aiming for Troy, Sammy tugging AJ down to the ground to avoid any other attacks, Ki'Ara standing over the two girls with a snarl in her throat and teeth bared. He stomped his hoof. Move, Troy!

[15, 15, 3]

((Whew. Sorry that took so long. Crazy Akail and it's plans to dominate the world...Wait...))

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 07/13/2008 10:52 AM

"Bell come back!!" yelled Aj. "Come now before you get seriously hurt!" But Bell couldn't move. She was frozen with fear. She shook like a leaf. Her eyes grew wide from terror. "Bell get down!!" screamed Takashi as he leaped for her. He fell on top of her and said, "See what I told you?!! You have to be careful! This thing is deadly can't you see?" "Bell, Takashi, just stay down!" Aj was very worried for everyone, especially Troy since he was about to be attacked. "Troy get out of there!"
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/13/2008 7:35 PM

Troy looked backand saw the creature pounding towards him. He would have moved, but it seemed that the eyes of the creature paralyzed him. He stood there, not moving. Molly freaked out.

"Troy!" She yelled as she motioned Tik-Tok to move.

Tik-Tok, before Molly even said anything, opened his wings. He knew that he would never be able to get to Troy in enough time. Brace yourselves. Could be heard through the cave, Tik-Tok was useing telepath to communicate. Then he swung his two wings down. A trumendous gust flew from them, wipped over Troy's head, and headed for the Akail.

(sorry it took so long to answer, I was busy today)

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/13/2008 9:30 PM

The Akail screeched at the sound of so many creatures shrieking at once. Her sensitive ears were not used to the noise. She was confused for a moment, and her attack went awry. Instead of landing on Troy, she landed in front of him. the gust from Tik-Tok's wings sent her spiraling backwards, but she flipped her body in the air, much like a cat might, and landed on all four clawed feet. She hissed like a giant snake, eyes gleaming and fangs dripping with saliva. It was then that she spoke, for the first time in a long time, she spoke. 'Trespassers!' her mind voice screeched. 'Food! Trespassers! Giant creatures! My land! Go, go! Leave here now!' She was frantic, her tail lashing from side to side, eyes glowing bright yellow as she stared at them all.

Ghost was not going to step forward. He knew it was not safe. Ki'Ara was still beside her master, staring at the creature with wide, wondrous eyes. Sammy though, left her spot where she was crouched next to AJ. She seemed transfixed by the creature, who hissed dangerously as she drew nearer. She held out a hand, crouching down and clicking her tongue softly. "It's all right. We're sorry for trespassing...We won't hurt you. We promise." She turned back to Molly and AJ. "Hey," she called. "Look at it's markings. This isn't any normal Akail, am I right?"

The Akail looked skeptical, but remained where it was, not fleeing,. but not coming forward. It crouched in the dark, it's eyes darting about and catching every single animal in the dark cavern. It was most afraid of Tik-Tok, who was large, and terrifying to the smaller reptilian creature.

[16, 16, 4]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/13/2008 9:57 PM

Tik-Tok, sensing the creatures fear for him, walked to Troy. Troy sprang onto his back, and was embraced by Molly. She was happy that he wasn't harmed. She then nodded to what Sammy had said.

"Yes, the Akail does look different." She answered her. She snuggled Troy again, as he kept trying to pry his self from her.

Tik-Tok used his telepathy to talk to only the Akail. One with such colors as yourself must be shund by your kind. Why do you then feel hate for us? For we may not have hate for you. We only wish to pass through. And will leave if you so desire us to. As the conversation between Tik-Tok and the Akail went on, Molly was drawing a sketch of this wonderful creature.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 07/14/2008 6:31 PM

"Wow! An Akail!" replied Bell with an amazed look on her face. "It's so beautiful..." "Beautiful?!!" exclaimed Takashi. "That creature is a menace!" "Don't judge someone by their first reaction! She's just probably upset at us for trespassing."

Aj was looking at the Akail hard. "You know it does seem different from the other Akail. It's more brightly colored."

[7]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/15/2008 9:50 PM

The Akail titled it's head. Was that creature, the big scary one, speaking to it? How? She did not see lips moving. Perhaps he was like her kind, and could use the thinking speech that she did. Or so it went inside her head. She listened to it's words, and then regarded the girl who was holding out an inviting hand to her carefully. The girl wore the same color blue as the Akail had on it's body. Surely she must be shunned by her kind as well. Perhaps the Akail had something in common with her. Misfits had to stick together, right? she stepped forward, and touched the girl's hand with a tentative beak, before moving forward again and nuzzling the hand with her large head. The Akail was easily just as large, if not larger than Sammy. It was as tall as a full-grown man. No wonder they were so dangerous. It cooed softly, much like a large cat might, and stepped forward, nosing Sammy's hand and asking her to pet it. It had never been petted before. It felt nice. Do not hate you. Afraid. Others hurt me. Others hunt me. I am different, like the girl is different. I do not belong. I am an outcast. Her simple mind-speech floated to all in the cave. I only attacked because I was hungry. Cat creature looked good. I am not all bad. Most people hate my kind, hate me, because I am different. It cooed sadly, and nuzzled closer to Sammy.

The girl was, no doubt, startled. It had warmed up to her quicker than she had anticipated, and was now cooing and purring like a large contented cat as it stood beside her, it's head nearly taller than she was. It's tail was wagging, and it looked quite content. Sammy grinned over her shoulder at  Molly. "Well, looks like you'll get plenty of opportunity to sketch this pretty gal. She seems to be fond of me already." She glanced at AJ, and motioned for them to come closer. "Come on, I don't think she'll bite or anything now." Ghost was watching skeptically, but he had a small smile on his face. Leave it to Sammy to get a crazy wild creature to trust her. The girl had a way with pets that no one else seemed to have. it was odd. Ki'Ara was hanging back, watching with a hint of jealousy, and trepidation. The Akail seemed friendly, but what if it attacked? She stepped forward a bit, coming closer to her beloved Sammy. Sammy was her mother, her trainer, The girl had raised her from an egg, and Ki'Ara was extremely faithful. She would let no harm come to her.

[17, 17, 5]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/15/2008 10:23 PM

Molly went on sketching as Tik-Tok bent his neck closer. He didn't dare get to close, he was afraid the Akail might attack. He wanted to make sure Molly then wouldn't be in his range. But Tik-Tok also wanted to talk to the creature. Outcast you say? In a way, I am also one. There are many of my kind, but my pack had abandoned me. He said with his mind speak. Troy hid behing Molly on Tik-Toks back. After what had happend, he didn't dare show his self.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ajforpresident » 07/16/2008 6:52 PM

"Okay." said Aj to Sammy. Come guys it's friendly now. Well, at least with Sammy it is." Aj eyes finally changed back to their original brown and then came over next to the Akail and started to pet it but with caution. "See Takashi? I told you. 'You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.'" Bell went over to the Akail and said, "I knew that there was some good in you." Everyone was over with the Akail, except Takashi. "Come on, Takashi! You wanted to learn more about Akails too." said Aj with a grin. "Oh, all right. I guess I did want to learn about these things as well." Takashi then went over. "I'm sorry I doubted you. You actually have nice colors for some one who is different than the rest." he said with an actual smile. "I agree!" said Bell with a giggle.

[8,8]
~Me
ajforpresident
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/21/2008 8:45 PM

The Akail eyed the large creature warily, shying back from his giant head. She didn't like the big creatures. They frightened her. 'My pack abandoned me too,' she sent back, her voice angry. 'They do not understand.' She sniffed indignantly, and turned away, allowing herself to be petted by Sammy. She looked up at AJ as she started petting her as well. It was nice to be petted...She cooed softly, and allowed the girl to pat her head. It stared at Bell and Takashi. 'Nice colors?' it asked, startled. 'Not nice colors for here. Bad colors,' it told them sadly.

Sammy shook her head, and patted Ki'Ara's muzzle as she laid her head on the girl's shoulder. "Not nice colors? Well, I happen to like them. I think your very beautiful," she cooed, watching the Akail puff up with rpdie at her words. Ghost was intrigued by Molly's sketching, and went over to see what she as doing.  His feet made a loud clopping noise when he walked. He stretched his neck up, and snorted at Troy. 'Scaredy cat,' his voice sent, before directing it at Molly. 'What are you drawing, Molly? Might I see?'

[18, 18, 6]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext