Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Postby Essence » 11/03/2008 10:45 PM

Siff smiled at him, "Right."

She got up and undid her bag after seeing Lazzie move and nodded to him before rummaging around for something, and pulling out a slender sky blue notebook labled " Property of Siff; This means you, Atti." and walked across the cavern floor towards Koni and sat down next to him.

"Here it is, this is where I wrote everything down."

She flipped it open with her paw, and pushed it towards him. The pages were littered with pictures and symbol, much like those on the Cavern walls) along with a few words and arrows that pointed to various places all over the page.

"I'm not sure what they mean... I've always wondered that myself."

Siff rose to her feet as well, and slid her left paw over the dusty walls, feeling every indent and scratch through her pads and wild bits of fluff. "So interesting though." she rested on her haunches, and flicked her tails while observing the unique markings. "I have gone to the library and read up an Akails, I couldn't really tell if any of their markings represented any here, but the picture was bad anyway. It would be amazing though, to find a kind of animal that could decipher these, don't you think?"
Letting out a satisfied sigh, she settled back down onto the floor and licked her fur a couple times before resting her tails neatly on her paws.

<20>
On a sort of hiatus, tentatively back.
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 178
Donate

Postby Redd » 11/08/2008 8:13 PM

Koni peered interestedly at the notepad and all the strange symbols in it, an exact mirror of the patterns that appeared on the walls. It reminded him of something, something he had seen before, or similar to that.
That was right! In the ruined old buildings of the city that he lived in (it was almost an exact replica of the Holy City of Aldrect, but full of darkness), there was a church, with similar markings on the walls. If only he could go back and compare them... but alas, he couldn't. There was no dark city here, and he wasn't aware of the existence of Aldrect, so there was no possible way of checking and he also kept this little piece of information to himself; he didn't think it would help anything.

"It would certainly be enlightening if one could tell us, but Lazzi was making out that they were terrible monsters earlier." He mused. "I wonder if these tell a story."

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: Finding my feet in new worlds. (Akail Hunt, Private)

Postby Essence » 01/09/2009 3:56 PM

((Oh my gosh. D: I'm so sorry for the delay. I feel really bad about it. >3<))

"We have one Void Akail living with us, but she really doesn't like anyone. I never really see her around." Siff sighed, "But maybe, we can find an Akail here. It would sure help us out huh? I don't think they're horrible monsters that Lazzi makes them out to be." There was humor in her voice, and a small purr.

"Whatever it is - if it does tell a story," The Kuhna began, "Then it must be an amazing one. I wonder where it begins? There's an entrance to the Caverns, but there's so much here; It'd be almost impossible to find all of it." She gazed at the glowing runes that adorned the walls of Craiss Caverns, shining brightly. "I mean, I've been scribbling down the shapes of the runes in my Journal whenever I come here, and from all the pages I've used up, it looks like quite a bit." Her gaze flicked down to the notebook resting on the floor, "But it's only a very small portion of the Caverns." With a jolt, Siff remembered the sudden urge she felt to come here, for however long, even though recently she had gotten back from elsewhere. After hesitating, Siff's pink gaze fell on Koni, after pondering, she wondered if she wanted to come down here so she could meet him.

"Where did Lazzi run off to anyway?" Siff said, returning from her thoughts,
"It'd be easier for him to get lost, despite being bright Green."

{21}
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 01/30/2009 9:19 PM

He placed a paw on the cold stone surface, feeling the small grooves with the pads on his paws. Then a thought struck him.
“These Caverns… are they new? I saw some rubble at an entrance we passed once… and I haven’t many signs of life…” He thought aloud. “If that were true… these runes could be centuries old.”
Idly he traced a rune. Under his paw, the stonework seemed new, as if it were carved in only the other day, unlike at the church in the Old World, that was old and crumbling with worn down edges.

He let out a deep sigh. It was certainly lucky of him to find a vortex out of the Old World and into this one. Even more lucky that he had ended up in a seemingly deserted cave, yet had run into Siff. Of course there were the other two, but they were long gone. And also quite ironic that he could assume the form of a… kuhna? A Regal Kuhna?
Had he originally existed here before ending up in the Other Place?
He mentally shook his head, scolding himself for this silly reflecting.

He flicked an ear casually, before replying. “I wouldn’t know where that little Langerine went.” He replied. “We better go and look for him… who knows what he’ll be up to.”

Laz’rane, I sent you in there to quickly get something. Why are you taking so long. The telepathic voice of his master, Yorutanekke blasted through his mind like a cyclone. Lazzie flicked his head quills in annoyance.
There was a bit of trouble Boss, the Rangerine was killed by an Akail. I found some people I can travel with for the time being. The Langerine reasoned.
There was a slight pause. Then Yoru continued. Killed? I doubt it. But very well, travel with these Kuhnas. It’s your mission, I’ll let you go.
Lazzie drooped his little wings in relief, then continued slowly along the length of the tunnel.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 02/06/2009 7:06 PM

"They don't really seem new," Siff murmured in reply, "But I see your point they don't look [i]that[/il] old either." The only thing Siff could do was just look at him and shrug, but Koni's words brought new questions racing through her head, along with the onslaught of others she had. Mentally, the Kuhna buried the questions in back of her brain; She could deal with them later.

After a few moments of silence, she mewed, "I suppose we could go looking for him. I'm not exactly sure where we could start, or if we should call out his name in case it scared Akails away, or something."
The Cake Kuhna's tails curled as she rose to her paws, and she slowly opened her jaws, hoping to catch a whiff of the Langerine's scent. When nothing came, she hissed in annoyance and flatted her ears against her head.

"These tunnels are endless," Siff continued, "But he might not be far away. Besides, how fast could he of gone?" Siff grinned, new optimism lancing through her body. It wasn't like she was going to be alone, not that that really bothered her, she had been in here by herself many times before, but Siff enjoyed Koni's company, despite his strange entrance. How weird it was to be walking along, and just find him there. But the thought didn't press her, she had seemed to of gained a companion from it, so there was no reason to complain.

Quickly, she rasped her tongue over her shoulders a few times before looking at Koni with a small grin, "Well, we might as well be off then."

{22}
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 03/11/2009 4:21 AM

“Such a dilemma.” Koni laughed, a sharp bark, then flopped on his back for a bit, exposing his gold belly. “We saw what direction he went off in, right? He can’t be that hard to find.”
He rolled back up onto four paws and stretched like a cat. “I guess we just follow the path, that way.” He motioned to the tunnel that the Langerine went off into. “But Akials... Well I haven’t seen or heard them. I just don’t think they are here today.”
Akails.. oh yeah, Siff had come down to find them today. He had forgotten all about them to be quite frank.
Boy, it was lucky he had first encountered Siff in these tunnels and not been alone nor met someone lingering towards the evil side. He probably would have been out of his mind and terrified.
“Let’s go then.” He said cheerfully, dropping any look of stiff nobility that might have been lingering on his face before and adopting a happy and cheeky disposition.

Lazzi’s wings drooped with exhaustion. He had gone pretty far by his standards, and had luckily not hit a cross-section in the tunnel at all.
Great... where am I?
Pure panic struck the little one for a split second, causing him to cower a little. Then, out of pure instinct, he fled to a dark shadowy corner.
Here, he decided it would be good to take refuge and rest up for a bit. Then if Koni and Siff happened to wander past, then he would join up with them.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 06/22/2009 2:07 PM

(Ooc: Liiiivvee RP, liivvveee~ DX; I'm so fail, but my muse is starting to return and, so, yup~ Posting hiatus is coming to a halt~ o3o;)

"Alrightee then!" Siff smiled a quirky smile and walked next to Koni. "Yeah, but, it might be better the akails aren't here today... they could cause problems. But, you know, we could'of taken them anyway." She nudged Koni's shoulder playfully. That was the original reason she had come down here, but the goal seemed to disappear when she met Koni. That was an odd meet-up too... but she had gained a companion from it, so Siff didn't mind. Sometimes you meet friends in the oddest situations right?

"So, I guess we should call out his name a few times, maybe he'll respond." It was a possibility, although calling out to loud could disrupt other things in the Caverns too, but it was just Caverns, what all could live down here anyway? In a slightly louder voice, Siff called out, "Lazzi?" The words echoed and bounced around the tunnels, and she perked her ears up for any trace of noise, like the bustle of tiny feet or Lazzi's voice calling back to them.
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/09/2009 3:55 AM

(Yay~ Sorry, I didn't see your post P: Sorry if Koni seems a tad different from before. I haven't RPed him for a while, and in my mind, he's mentally grown?)

Koni laughed. "Yeah. Lucky, right? I mean Lazzi is terrified of those things, right?" He said, returning the nudge. "Of course! I could take on... two Akails at once. Maybe three." He declared boldly, hoping dearly that no Akial could hear him. Sure he was in constant danger from rogue government robots and he could easily fight them off, but a living creature that he'd never heard of. That was a different thing altogether, right?

He nodded briskly. "Sounds like a decent idea." He took a quick breath before calling out, "Laazziiee. C'mon buddy, where are ya?"

Lazzi cocked his head. Was that a sound? A bird... no.. He moved towards where the noise had come from, hoping that that was not an Akial.
"-azziiee"
There it was again. And it sounded like his name. He scuttled towards the sound with renewed energy.

((Pulling him out o3o;; If you wanna RP them again, let me know))
"Wait up. I'm coming." He muttered to himself as he headed back towards the noise.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff