Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Finding my feet in new worlds. (Akail Hunt, Private)

Postby Redd » 06/27/2008 8:38 PM

Rain pelted down from the deep blue skies, drenching short figure as he slowly paced down the deserted street. This city, in all its former glory was empty. There was nothing left except for the rubbish that rolled down the street like tumbleweed and the occasional pair of gleaming eyes that shone out of the dark alleyways.
The boy was roughly eighteen years old, and was dressed in torn, dirtied garnments. His lips twisted into a rougish smile when he imagined the look of his late father's face if he could see him now.

The boy's father was some sort of king, making the boy a prince, yet he had not a clue what he was the prince of. All he knew, was that he was the descendant of a royal family, and now, he was roughing it in the long forgotten city of Kaema.
The boy really knew nothing about anything. He only really knew how to survive, how to talk, read and write, and his name; Koniglitch.

Koni shoved his hands in his pockets and braced himself against the howling wind and torrential rain. It was harsh, but there was plenty of things people had left behind. The city had been abandoned for an unknown reason, but one day, everyone just left, for some sinister reason. But there was plenty of food if you knew where to look, and plenty of valuables, even though they were as useless as dust in a deserted city.

<1>

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/27/2008 8:39 PM

A bright light shone out through the clusters of tall buildings in the center of the city. Koni squinted through the rain, trying to make out what was making the light. Curious, he made his way over to the light.

As Koni approached, he shifted into the form of a large red, bat-winged, twin tailed, cat with gold bands around its ankles and tails. Quietly, he padded around the side of a building to take a closer look at the strange apparation.

Suddenly, a whirring noise startled Koni. He spun around and came face-to-face with an old government robot. The cat bared its sharp teeth at the machine, although it knew the 'bot couldn't read his language. It could only kill.

With a clicking noise, the robot raised a large canister and fired. Koni lept aside, rolling out of the way as the robot took another shot. Koni ran at the machine, claws unsheathed. Another bullet whipped over him, but he still ran. Gathering himself into a leap, he launched himself at the robot, claws catching onto the 'head' of it. The robot paused, its metallic brain processing what exactly had happened. In its' hesitation, Koni climbed over it's head and hooked his claws into a groove of its rusted metal plating.
Grunting with the effort, he pulled the heavy iron off the robot and tossing it aside. Quickly, he slashed at its internal mechanisms, severing several wires. The robot sparked furiously, and Koni lept off it and the government 'bot exploded

The vortex was approximately five meters high, and intensly bright. Even with his improved resistance to light in the cat form, Koniglitch still had to shield from the light. Several beams of energy sparked off the vortex in random directions.
Koni picked up a small peice of a brick and tossed it at the vortex. Bad move.
As if sensing Koni was there, the vortex shimmered, then expanded rapidly, engulfing Koniglitch in a white light.

<2>

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/27/2008 8:43 PM

Koniglitch blinked. Where am I...
As his vision slowly began to focus, he tried to drag himself up. Failing, he flopped down into a puddle of water. Startled by its sudden coolness on his hot fur, he jerked up again. Though he was dizzy from the sudden movement, the water had sharpened his mind and he had enough strength to sit up and look around.

He was sitting in a cave, its roof was low. Strange runes glowed on the walls, and Koni squinted at them, but not making any sense of them.
This is, but a normal place... He mused to himself.
That vortex... must have been a rift... but why here... Oh well. I just need to get out of this hole, first. Hopefully, there are people... I haven't seen people in who knows how long.
Koni pulled himself up onto his four feet. For now, he would stay in this strange cat form he had acquired long ago.

<3>

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 06/27/2008 9:33 PM

((Hey, you told me to join when I'm ready...so yeah. Here I am))

Siff padded along the cavern, whom's floor was surprisingly smooth, humming along to her iPOD, gently swaying back and forth from the sound of music. She enjoyed being byherself, she had friends, but they weren't as in to exploration as she was. As Siff walked she examined the walls of the cavern closely, "Hmm interesting" She mewed quietly to herself.

Soon enough, she swore she saw some sort of light near her. A strange eerie presence lingered in the air. It wasn't a scary presence, just one she'd never felt before and her fur stood quite on end. Quickly she put away her iPOD, zipped up her satchel, and ran forward her paws hitting against the rock with a soft "thud". Evetually she came to what looked like a confused Kuhna, "Umm excuse me...sir?" She said aloud. "Woo hoo?" she bounced up and down trying to get the Kuhna's attention. As she approached Siff examined him. "Wow..." she though, "he looks amazing!" She gasped, she'd never seem a Kuhna like that before!!!

She carefully padded up to him, "Excuse me, my name is Siffie, Siff for short." She smiled, "What are you doing all the way out here?"

[1]
On a sort of hiatus, tentatively back.
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 178
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/27/2008 9:35 PM

Image Image
(Rave, Human Form)                                           (Toto, Jewel Gyrraptor)

"Haha! Success!" The young girl pumped her fist in the air, short skirt bouncing when she did. She wore a pair of legging beneath her skirt, and had no qualms about being 'un-ladylike.' She liked jumping. Grinning like a Cheshire cat who had just caught the proverbial canary, she tapped her fingers together, an evil glint in her eyes. "Adventure will be mine!"she declared, and marched forward, finger pointed in the air.

A large, reptilian creature followed behind, amused at it's master's antics. It wore an outrageously loud colored saddle and bridle, and it's purple feathers shone in the dim light as they traipsed into the dark cavern. Rave was bound to be scaring everything within a one mile radius away. But Toto didn't mind. he cooed softly, and nudged her as she marched forward determinedly. "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore,"she pointed out dumbly, and blinked her wide, innocent eyes.

The two continued through the darkness, Rave bouncing about and falling on her face very now and again, while Toto stood patiently by her side and waited for her to brush herself off. Strange runes glowed on the walls, and Rave, now forgetting her strange outbursts from before, ran a tanned hand along them. her eyes were wide with astonishment, and she smiled in the dark.

"How pretty. I wonder what they mean. You don't know, do you, Toto?" The giant bird-like reptile croaked and titled his head to the side. "What am I saying? Of course you don't."She shook her head, and the two continued on into the darkness. "You know, I heard there were Akail down here, Toto. I wonder if we'll run into any. Wow, it's getting darker...I can't hardly see a thi-"

Trip. Splat.

"Ow!"

Rave looked up from where she was sprawled on her stomach. She had just tripped over something soft, furry and distinctly not a rock. "Hey!"she shouted, her eyebrows drawing together. "Watch where I'm walking you...You..."She sat up, and her eyes were wide. It was a Kuhna! And he was wearing the oddest thing on his head. It sort of resembled a crown.

But Rave couldn't be sure. "Hey!" she said, scooting forward on her hands and knees. She pointed one finger at him, and poked his little nose, grinning brightly with wide eyes. "You a Kuhna too! Oh, cool! I didn't know anyone else came down here, especially other Kuhna! Er..." She paused, and her gaze flew to the crown on his head. "Why are you wearing a hat?"

The soft sounds of another person speaking caught her attention, and she immediately turned her gaze to the new Kuhna. "Woo hoo?" she asked, looking completely amused. "Your weird. And so is your name."She straightened up, and pointed at herself. "My name is Dorothy and this is Toto!" she said, motioning to the Gyrraptor, who gave her an odd look. "Oh...Wait...I meant my name is Rave...Sorry."

[1,1]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Essence » 06/27/2008 9:46 PM

"Huh" Siff cocked her head to the side and in astonishment, stared at them. "Well..." she said nervously, "I didn't think there was anyone else in here either..." She gazed at them. "Ha! You have a funny looking Gyyraptor!" She exclaimed widely, "I've never seen one-" she smirked and was obicoulsy trying not to laugh, "-that color." She swallowed and smiled.

"But I must say" Siff began inquisitively, "Your names aren't to normal either. I was exploring this cave when I came across a light, and this kuhna." She pointed her furry paw at the kuhna next to them. "Not to long ago, so I came down and introduced myself. That's where you came- er fell in." She giggled a bit, even in the dark cavern Siff's eye's sparkled. "I love coming here, it's a great place for me to relax and rock out to my music, it calms me quite a bit. My iPOD is practically my life." She told them, her voice getting fainter as if she were drifting off into some musical world. Quickly she shook her head, "But nevermind that. What brings you two all the way out here?" Siff asked them.

[2]
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/27/2008 9:47 PM

Koni crashed to the ground as something hit him. A small yowl which sounded a bit like an "Ow." escaped out of his mouth. He uttered another. "Ow," when something prodded his nose, which by now, was a bit tender, due to the bashing it had received.
He blinked a bit, looking around and when he saw two kuhnas, for thats what he knew he was now, and a Gyrraptor, he was honestly amazed.
He picked up the broken battered excuse for a crown, that he had worn since he had been abandoned in that city and tucked it under his arm. That old thing had gone through so much wear that it was bent, battered and dull.
He shook his head in confusion, this was all too much. He had never seen so many people before in his life.
He took a deep breath. Time to talk.
"I dunno what I am doing down here really. I'm from a different world... I guess, if you believe that much." He tapped the crown. "Oh, this old thing... was a crown. Was 17 years ago anyway. Anyway, nice to meet you Siffie, Rave and Toto. My name is Koniglitch, Koni for short."
My, Koni had a way with words. That was the longest sentence he had ever said. He was surprised he had managed to say that much, still recovering and all.

<4>

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/27/2008 9:55 PM

"A crown?"Rave asked, lifting a brow. She scooted forward and pulled herself to her feet, brushing the dust and dirt off her loudly colored outfit. "Really? Huh. I can see why it's not anymore. It's all bent and stuff."She seemed indifferent as she flipped her purple hair over her shoulder. Then she paused, as if just hearing him for the first time.

"A...Different world?"she asked, her eyes opening wide, and a big grin settling across her face. "How awesome! What kind of world? I bet it was loads better than this one!"She nodded to herself, as though she had just answered her own question. She suddenly grabbed his hand, and shook it. looked bright and bubbly.

"Nice to meet ya, Koni. Welcome to this world of...A cave...Yeah. not that exciting..."

[2,2]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Essence » 06/27/2008 9:59 PM

"Hmm" Siff purred, "Don't worry about it your nose, it'll look like it 'll be fine." But then she stared in amazement at him, "You say that thing is a crown..so you're like royalty?" She purred happily, "This is sooo cooool!" She bounced up and down enthusiactically landing with a soft "thud"  

"It's been one of my dreaams to meet royalty!" She gasped and continued bouncing, eventually calimg down she explained where they were and such. "These Caverns contain lots of history, which is why I love being here, and because it's interesting and new everytime you come!" She exclaimed still purring, "There are tons of things to do, maybe ew can go Akail hunting, if you want to. It would help you get to know your way around." She told him smiling.

She was completely oblivious that he was from another world. She was just happy to be around.

[3]
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/27/2008 10:08 PM

Koni's gaze flicked between the two of them. This was still going to quick for him.
"Yeah, I never knew its name. No one lived there... It was like deserted." He said quietly. "And yah, I am royalty.... of what, I have not a clue."
He really had no idea what to say. These girls were so chatty. Was that normal? Did normal people talk? He almost laughed, but kept a straight face. My, he had so much to learn.
"Akail... hunting? Yeah, lets do that. I haven't a clue what an Akail is, nor what the hunting of one entails, but I'm sure it will be fun."

"But, really you do need to tell me a bit about yourselves. You know a bit about me, no? I would be intrigued to learn a bit about yourselves." Koni said lightly.
Koni didn't really speak so formal. It normally wasn't like him, but for some reason, big words lept, unbidden into his speech. Oh well... this will be certainly different.

<5>

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 06/27/2008 10:18 PM

"Well..." Siff blushed a bit. "Music is my life, along with adventuring. I'm extremly chatty when I want to, ha, and I can be lazy, but I'm only lazy because it gives me a chance to catch up on reading and stuff of the sorts." She smiled weakly, he was a different one, but she didn't mind.

She watched curiously as he looked back and forth at both of them. "But, you really shouldn't be worried, these caverns are a great place to explore!" She reassured proudly. "And for some reason it always calms me, but I've never seem someone else here before, so it was a bit new to me." She smiled and purred gently. Siff started messing with a bit of dust on the smooth ground of the rock. "But anyways...Akail hunting is good fun, and interesting too." She had a beaming grin on her face, "You'll know one when you see one!" She gently flicked her tail to and fro against the ground and smiled. She certainly was energetic.

<4>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/27/2008 10:39 PM

Koni nodded, taking this all in, but not saying much. He hadn't realised how shy he was until today. Hopefully, that would improve with time, right?
"Ok then. I guess we go and look for one of these Akail, right? But I am curious, what's it like in other places. This cave for one, is quite interesting. Is everywhere like this?" He quizzed, his head tilted in a curious manner. He turned his head, looking around, his tails waving slowly and his eyes wide with curiosity.
He then sat down, curling his tails around his paws and awaited the others to decide what direction they should head off in.

<6>

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 06/27/2008 10:54 PM

"Well...not everywhere is like this." hse giggled, "It would be horrible if everything was the same right? Because then there would be nothing new to explore or find out." She continued, "There's beaches and mighty forests, parks and playgrounds, swamps and like this, caverns" She gazed at him, he must of really come from a different world, or else he would know more about Evelon then this. From all of what has happened her head spinned, she too had questions.

"So...I've answered some of you questions." She remarked bluntly, "So would you mind answering some of mine?" Siff asked.

"What was your "other" world like?" She questioned, "and how'd you even get here? I always though world traveling was a myth..." Her voice drifted off faintly.

[5]
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/28/2008 12:37 AM

(I should probably have waited for Millie to post, but I'm bored here, and I wanna reply. o3o Sorry Millie)

Koni smiled, yes, his question might have seemed ridiculous, but they proved a point. He wasn't from around here. "Aah, I see." He said, softly.
"But yes, I have asked you too many questions, I guess I need to answer your questions, to make up the many that I have asked."
Koni sat still, pondering the question. It was a difficult one. His world was strange. From what she described, it looked like she knew a lot about her world and how diverse it was. His.... well it was different.
"My world... well I guess you would describe it as.... small. I lived in a city, a strange one. There was like, a bubble around it. You couldn't leave even if you wanted to. But I was the only one who did. I was the only one. The city, was empty, not another soul there except me and the rodents. Of course there were abandoned government security bots, but they didn't bother me unless I happened to stray upon the old research labs or important offices."

It was so good to talk about his world to someone. Normally, he would try and connect a laptop to the internet, but it never worked. Except for once. That was one of the happiest moments of his sad and lonely life.
He turned his eyes down a passage way. "I guess we go for a walk and search for one of these, Akail now?" He asked.

<7>

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 06/28/2008 12:50 AM

"Hmm" Siff pondered for a moment, "That must be kind of sad...being alone." She looked at her paws, " But you're here! And with me and Rave of course, your not lonely now I hope!" She giggled and poked him with her paw.

"Okay, well I guess we can go ^__^" She mewed matter-o-factly. "But be careful, you can get lost in the caves real easily, so always try and look where you're going, trying to find short cuts normally doesn't help." She shook around a bit, just to get off the dust the collect in her fur while they were talking. "Hmm, how about we take the left tunnel first? I know my way //almost// inside out, as I have traveled amongst these caves ever since I was little." Siff smiled, she was too happy to have someone to talk to.

"But I hear Akails can be pretty strong, I personally have never run into one, but I have friends who have. But it'll be fine, maybe if we find one you can keep it as a friend!" She stretched and flicked her tails left to right, and starting head off toward the left.

[6]
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next