Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

I have Wondered too Far {Private}

Postby Celtic » 07/31/2008 4:07 PM

ImageImage

The Khalmer walked above the ground on his tentacles.  He wasn't very happy, he was supposed to stay and watch Quail-sfa, but she seemed unhappy with his presence. The khalmer looked behind him, for he heard the sound of scurrying.  A void rattegan was rushing to get ahead of him, but wasn't doing so well.

The khalmer, annoyed as he was, flipped the rattegan onto his back with a flick of his tentacle.  "What are you doing here?" He said, his voice coming out like a gentlemans draw.  

"N-N-Nothing Sir!" The rat squeeked out, obviously terrified of him.  "I-I-I'm just getting home, b-b-before the Akails come out!"

The khalmer pondered this for a moment before answering, "Yes, I have heard of the Akails, Could you show me one?"
This made the rattegan even more nervous then before.

"N-N-no! They don't show themselves to others that aren't their prey!" He was squeeking so softly now that the khalmer barely heard the answer.

[22-K]  [1-R]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Celtic » 07/31/2008 4:10 PM

The khalmer spoke, before he released the rat, "I am going to let you up, but if you run, you are dead!" The rat nodded his head mutely, and so the Khalmer lifted his tentacle, pleased to see the rat obeying orders.  "Now, you are going to help me bait one of these creatures, for my master! You will not be harmed, I assure you, as long as you do exactly as ordered." Again the khalmer got a mute nod as a reply. "Good! Now follow me into this cavern..."

[23-k] [2-r]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 07/31/2008 8:25 PM

The walked forward in an uncomfortable silence. The rattegan was doing his best to suppress his fears, and was trying to walk forward with at leaste a little courage.  The Khalmer had sensed his fear and was ignoring it, paying attention to his surroundings instead.

This continued for a while in the cave until the rat spoke, "M-my name is Scamper." His name was normal for a rattegan, and the khalmer took a moment before answering.

"Mine is Henri(On-Ree)" The khalmer hadn't even realized he'd said it, he hadn't spoken his name aloud for 10 years.  Now he just said it to a rat!!!! This was outrage! And his thoughts carried on, leaving the rat in silence, praying it wouldn't kill him.

[24-k] [3-r]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/07/2008 11:09 AM

Scamper continued his vigil silence, noting that if he spoke the khalmer would show no mercy and kill him right there and then.  But, Scamper was not used to travelling with companions in silence, so he accidently slipped a question. "Who's your owner?" Henri stopped and bunched up, causing teh rattegan to scuttle back a little ways.  

"Quail-sfa Raiku Trina'lee" Henri replied icily, cutting off any further conversation.  Scamper just shut up, well tried to.  

"oh..."

[25-k]  [4-r]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/07/2008 11:16 AM

"Keep your mouth closed, and we'll get along fine." Hanri said icily, and waved a tentacle thretaningly at Scamper.  SCamper nodded his head and cowered away from the khalmer.  

Finally, they came to a fork in the caves.  Henri glanced back at Scamper, who immediately said, "Left."

After a moment of hestitation, Henri led Scamper through the left cave.  It was now completely plunged into darkness, and Henri had to keep a tentacle on the wall in order to not lose his way.  Scamper, having lived her for some time, his eyes could see for a foot ahead of him, which was a great help.

[26-k]  [5-r]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/07/2008 2:59 PM

After stumbleing for the upteenth time, Henri cursed aloud.  He couldn't fly for the tunnel was too narrow for him, and well, Urg!!!! He was beginning to hate this thing, and seriously wanted to go back.  Henri's frustration was sending out angry vibes, and Scamper moved back farther and farther.  " Scamper!" No answer. " SCAMPER!!!!!... Scamper?" The rattegan made no answer, he was lost.  

[27-k]  [6-r]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/07/2008 3:13 PM

SACamper, had turned at a fork in the cave, and thought that Henri had too. "Uh-oh!" Not only was Scamper seperated from Henri, but he was lost.  He had never taken this path before, and was instantly on edge, and incredibley scared.

Herni, though, had stopped completely, and knew he was lost.  He had not planned this.  That was the whole reason for snagging that useless rat! Now what? Henri could not answer his own question, and he was getting seriously depressed.

[28-k]  [7-r]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/07/2008 10:05 PM

Scamper, though, was not going to freeze where he was.  So like his name, he scampered back teh way he came-or so he thought.

Henri, on the other hand, was still sitting on teh cave floor, not wishing to get any more lost then he was.  " Scamper! Oh, Scamper!" He called, and never seemed to get an answer.  This was beginning to get annoying. He called and called, the stupid rat probebly was still going, getting himself most likely home, and he was stuck in this day cave with no sense of direction! It was not going well.

[29-k]  [8-r]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/07/2008 10:08 PM

Scamper, finally realized that he was going the wrong way, after about 5 minutes worth of Scampering.  So, he wheeled around, and started to gallup(can rats do that?) towards the fork where he was split up with Henri.

And Henri, was still sitting, calling out Scampers name with no availing reason, but to have something to do while he rusted in this stupid cave.

[30-k]  [9-r]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/07/2008 10:11 PM

SCamper was in range of hearing Henri's voice and garthereed up all of his volume and let out a very loud squweak. "I'M COMING!"

Henri heard the reply, and his spirits lifted momentarily, before he had a descision.  Should he go to the rat, or let it come to him? He decided to let it come to him.  It was much easier, besides he might get lost again, and Henri didn't want to get any closer to rusting hten he already was.

[31]   [10]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/08/2008 3:13 PM

Scamper finally made his way to Henri, and in fact he was moving so fast that he bonked his head on one of Henri's tentacles.  "Uh... Sorry!" He squealed immediatly and backed away.  

"Now, do you know your way around these caves or not?" Henri said, and quickly forgot about the annoying bump that Scamper had caused.   SCamper nodded slowly and then nodded faster.

"This way! Akail shouldn't be too far... This way is where they normally take us if we're unlucky enough to get caught." Scamper didn't seem particularly sure about his answer though.  Because, he wasn't even completely sure that it was Akail that ate the rattegans who lived here.

[32]  [11]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/08/2008 3:25 PM

"Huh-huh..." Henri replied doubtfully and began to follow Scamper dutifully, if not skeptically.  The caves seemed to drag on forever, and Henri's eyes were not doing well without being able to see anything.  It was truely beginning to rub him the wrong way.

Scamper, though was alright with being able to see a little ways in front of his nose, but his whiskers were picking up Henri's distressed vibes.  So he stopped and waited for Henri to get closer and wound his tail around Henri's front tentacle to guide him, so he would have a sense of where he was going.  Immediately, Scamper felt the Henri was relieved to have a guide, so he smiled to himself and gave himself a mental 'pat on the back.'

[33]   [12]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 08/08/2008 3:33 PM

Henri though had other worries.  He hadn't a faintest Idea on how to catch an akail, or even how big the thing was! He really shoud have done some reasearch on it. He really, really, really, should have, and now he was most likely gonna pay.  He shook his head wearily before exerting the effort to focas his toughts on where he was going.

Scamper was getting extremely tired to he stopped and said.  "I must break.  I have never travelled so vigorously in one day!" The khalmer, being a machine, did not understand tiredness, but his guide must be set and ready if he was to be of any use so he just nodded his head and Scamper dropped down, and started to rest.

[34]  [13]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 09/14/2008 7:55 PM

While Scamper slept, Henri started to get extremely annoyed. Why did it sleep so long?!? He for one, never needed a restm and for two, even when he charged he only needed an hour or so and that lasted him for weeks!!! The khalmer started to wave his tentacles in fury, not liking this one bit.

Mean while, oblivious to Henri's rage, Scamper was dreaming of his family. His sweet kids, oh they were so cute with their nice brown coat color, except of course Mini who was a void lik ehim. Oh, how he missed them, he was most likely presumed dead by now!

[35] [14]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 09/14/2008 7:58 PM

Fianlly, his temper broke. Henri swiped out a blade and he started wacking the wall with it. HE would not wake his guide! He had more self control then that! But sadly, Henri did not. " GET UP!" He thundered at Scamper who pranced to his feet scared stiff.  "We go now!"

"Y-y-yes!" Scamper muttered and wrapped his tail to one of Henris tentacles and started to run off into the cave, afraid that at any moment he would be chopped to pieces.

[36]  [15]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items