Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Postby Indigo » 10/29/2008 8:23 PM

(Oh Random Event?  :bigstick: )

Drakot leapt into the air and tried not to look. As he backpedaled a few feet, he felt a mental argument coming on.

Don't just hover here!

What do you want me to do?

Be helpful!

For once, his bolder side won out. Although he wasn't sure what to do exactly, he impulsively dove at the shadow, screeching so loudly it nearly split his ears. He hadn't known he could do that.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/29/2008 8:39 PM

At the sound of the sreaching the shadow realeased Kokomo and stumbled back. For a second it was dumbfounded. In that little bit of time Kokomo had gotten the upper hand. He quickly pulled the shadow's limbs behind its back.

"be careful!"Sasha shouted when she saw Drakot rush in to help. What brave people I have with me. She wished she could help in some way. She was too frightened and she sat on the cold, wet floor and pulled her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. What's wrong with me? She thought as she felt the tears of worry and fright creep down her cheek. She tried to keep her eyes open and watch them. At least her side was winning. When she saw that Kokomo had got the shadow's arms she lept up and pulled a lenght of rope from her back and brought it over. She handed it to them. "Thanks," Kokomo said as he tied the shadow up. "What is it?" she said when she saw it. "Surely it's not an Akail!" It looked similar to an akail, but she wasn't sure if it was...

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Indigo » 10/29/2008 8:47 PM

Drakot didn't manage to stop in time and ended up almost hitting the floor, opening his wings at the last second so he sort of parachuted to the ground.

"Stupid," he muttered to himself. "What did you do that for?"

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/31/2008 5:48 PM

They looked at the creature. It hissed at them and lashed it's tail. "Do you guys know what it is?" Sasha asked around.

"I'm not sure..." Kokomo answered. "Do you know, Drakot?" He held it tight.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Zheris Altradi » 11/04/2008 4:59 PM

"Im sure Its an akail!" Blaze said  Venom just stood back.
Zheris Altradi
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 70
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/04/2008 6:54 PM

It tried to bit Kokomo. He jumped back and released it. It took of without a backward glance. "I don't think it was an akail," he said, disappointed. He hung his head. "Maybe this hunt is useless."

"Don't give up," Sasha said. "This hunt is not useless." She grabbed Kokomo's hand and headed off into a dark tunnel. She pulled a flashlight out of her side bag. "We will find one," she said determined, clicking the flashlight on, pulling Kokomo after her. "I once read that they like to prey on poor lost souls. Maybe we should get lost, even though I already am..." Her voice fadded into the darkness as she continued down the tunnel.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/06/2008 9:50 PM

Sasha wondered aimlessly through the maze of tunnels. She turned random directions. She had no clue as to were she was. She could feel the warmth of Kokomo's hand on hers. Where was Drakot? I must have lost him back there. Along with the others. Oh, well, I couldn't find them now anyway. The only way I will see them again is if they are in the shadows. She shined her falshlight around the dark tunnel. She saw another tunnel. It seemed to lead to a chamber. She went off in that direction.

Kokomo planted his feet. "Are you sure?" he asked her, not budging. "Of course!" she answered him. Kokomo unplanted his feet and followed her into the dark chamber.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 11/06/2008 10:05 PM

Drakot jumped into the air. He hated being left behind. He tilted his ears to the side, trying to catch his friends' footsteps.

Finally, he heard them. And some words, too.

"Are you sure?" he heard, in Kokomo's voice. And "Of course!" That was Sasha. He zoomed down the tunnel, following the sounds.

After several minutes, he was getting nervous. Suppose he never found them? He was just about to give up when the tunnel opened out into a big chamber. He flew up without meaning to, his automatic surprise reaction.

"Arggh!" Oh, great. His wing caught on a stalactite. He managed to get free and land, then froze. Was there someone else here? He heard movement.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/06/2008 10:24 PM

Sasha jumped when she heard the faint *thump* of someone hitting something. She nearly knocked Kokomo over in the process. "What was that?" she whispered.

"I'm not sure..." Kokomo answered. Looking around the room. He took Sasha's flashlight and shined it around the chamber. He shined it right onto Drakot and quicly diverted the light so he wouldn't harm Drakot's eyes. "It's just Drakot," he whispered to Sasha. "Hello Drakot! Sorry I left you behind. I was, well, too angry about not finding an akail yet, and I just took off. Sorry," she said.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 11/06/2008 10:28 PM

Drakot just grinned. Sort of. "I don't mind," he said. "I'm just glad I finally found you guys. I've been looking for hours. At least, that's what it felt like." He looked around the chamber. It was pretty empty, except for a few stalactites that any unsuspecting Batti could run into.

"Do you know where we are?" he asked nervously. "I don't. I've never been here before."

{8}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/07/2008 7:27 AM

"We have no idea where we are," Sasha said. "And that's the point," she added with a mischevious grin. She looked around the chamber. Maybe there was an exit somewhere...

Kokomo pointed toward a darker spot of the wall with the flashlight. "Maybe we could get out that way?" he suggested. He began to head for the spot with Sasha in tow. They touched the wall and found that it was nothing but a dark patch. "Oh well," Kokomo sighed. He looked toward the opening they cam in and it was closed. "I knew this was a bad idea..."

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/07/2008 7:24 PM

Kokomo began to search the area for another exit. He took the light with him and Sasha and Drakot were left in the dark.

Sasha began to wonder around the chanber. She couldn't stand still any longer. She had only moved a couple feet when she tripped over a small rock. Several different things happened at once. Sasha fell, Kokomo ran over to help her up and they heard a creaking noise to their left. An opening in the wall now stood where it used to be solid rock. "Nice," Kokomo whispered. "Smart thinking." Sasha grinned. "It was an accident..." she said as Kokomo took her hand and she stood up, flinching from the pressure on the scrapes on her hands. "Shall we go on?" Sasha brushed herself off and found a small rip in her jeans. "Shoot," she mumbled under her breath. She would look like she was homeless by the time they found thier way out.

"There is no point in staying in this chanber, and that it the only way out. I say we go for it!"

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/11/2008 6:24 PM

Kokomo causiously led the way through the opening. Going slower than a slug. He shined the flash light around. They were surrounded by a wall barely wide enough for them to get through. It wasn't even high enough. Kokomo handed the flashlight back to Sasha. She put it into her bag. "Let's change. We will fit easier," he said with a hint of fear in his voice. He quickly changed back into his kuhna form. Sasha did the same. "Now what?" she asked, looking into the dark tunnel. "We go deep into the unknown," he said, with a small smirk on his face. He set off down the tunnel. Sasha followed right behind him. His tail burshed against her nose. "Achoo!" she sneezed. The sneeze vibrated against the wall, down into the tunnel. They could her a gurgling noise up ahead. Sasha's ears pricked forward. "What was that?!" she said, terrified. "I'm not sure, but lets fund out!" Was Kokomo's reply and they set off, down into the darkness toward the gurgling noise, as there were no other turns they could go down. "Come on, slow poke!" Sasha teased, calling to Drakot over her shoulder.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/13/2008 7:21 PM

As they walked down the tunnel the gurgling grew louder and louder. After making several twists and turns, they saw an orange/green light glowing ahead of them. They slowed down to a slow walk as they neared the light. It was too late to turn back now. Kokomo peaked his head around the corner, surprised at what he saw.  

Mage

He turned back around and whispered to Sasha, "It's just Mage, this must be where he makes those potions he is always bragging about." He motioned for them to follow him in. He padded lightly over to where the Meji was hovering over tudes filled with colorful liquid. Kokomo cleared he throat, "Hey, Mage. It's Kokomo and Sasha." The Meji quickly turned around, his cloak billowing out behind him. "What are you doing here?!" he shouted at them. Sasha steped up to the plate, "We are looking for an akail," she admitted, looking around guiltily. She didn't like intruding on others, expesially when they were busy.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/14/2008 7:30 PM

Mage calmed down. "Well, if it was just an accident..." he said with a small grin on his face. "Come on in guys," he said. Sasha and Kokomo walked into the room. "So, why is your secret place down here?" Sasha asked sitting down. Kokomo came over and sat next to her. He looked around the room. There were vials of stuff everywhere. Some where filled with goo and others where gurgling. The pot Mage had been hovering over was the loudest gurgler. That must have been what they heard when they were at the other end of the tunnel.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items