Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Time for a history lesson. (Akail Hunt, P)

Postby Freezair » 11/06/2008 1:21 AM

ImageImage
Chariot~~~~Dust

There are places I've missed, thought Chariot.

...There are places I haven't.

The hooves of the being--a Nytemare, perhaps, or perhaps not--clicked against the soft stones beneath its feet. His tail flicked. The air around him shimmered as his quiet companion, a Think Sprite, flicked to and fro--now here, now here, now all the way over there--Chariot didn't think too highly of this behavior. Dust was getting to be a rather old, rather worn Thought--one of these days, he'd simply Forget, just like that, all because of the way he'd been exerting himself. And he still had so many good Ideas in him.

Dust flicked in in front of his face. "Surely, you don't think you're going to find a Rider here?" he asked.

"No," Chariot replied simply. "But if I meet others, so be it. I've simply come here to Collect myself. A great many things have changed since my time.

[1]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 11/06/2008 7:56 PM

Majestic female strolled down the pathways of the once-shining caverns. Only a few crystals now decorated the stone labyrinth. These were dull and small, protruding up to perhaps high enough to trip over.

Sylabeth, or Syla, knew her presence here didn't have much of a point. ... Or did it? It really felt like there was something calling her, yes, but it was probably nothing. Still, between the musty, aged air and the stone underfoot that had not seen light for perhaps eternity, she felt at home.

Her wings still yearned for crisp, cool breezes, but these caverns almost made her feel as much at home as the sky. Almost. The pathway she was traveling down was not large enough to stretch her massive wings, which required much space, indeed. They already touched the gray stone walls.

Sylabeth twitched slightly as the barely-visible runes on the wall gave a bright green flash, like glowstick fluid under pressure. If she felt like recording the strangest place she'd ever been, Craiss Caverns would be at the top of the list.

After all, what place you know has flashing green runes?
get a little closer, let fold
cut open my sternum, and pull
my little ribs around you
the lungs of me be crowns over you
the rungs of me be under, under you

ill cut the soft pockets, let bleed
over the rocky cliffs that you leave
to peer over and not forget what feet are
splitting threads of lightning over me

"Fineshrine" by Purity Ring

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 222
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/08/2008 5:35 PM

ImageImage

Sheerbow and Laffien were in the cave having tea and looking at the fire they made.  "Hooba," said Laffien.  "I don't care about the Akail, as long as they're away from me and you and don't want my royal blood then so be it.  Just let them eat others," said Sheerbow.  "At least Hime isn't here to bother me.  Nor my brother."  Sheerbow sipped her tea slowly and looked out of the hideout Laffien made.  "Hm?  There's someone out there.  Lety's go check it out.  Be sure to close the hide out Laffien," said Sheerbow and she went out of the enterance of the hide out.  
"C'mon, Laffien.  Let's see what's going on.  Did you turn the fire out?"   "Hooba," said Laffien as a yes and closed the hideout with a lockington key.  

{1}{1}
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/08/2008 9:42 PM

Chariot's head picked up. The end of his thick nose twitched.

"Do you smell something?" Dust asked.

Chariot planted his four feet firmly. "...Yes," he said slowly. "...Somewhere around us. We... We're not alone," he said.

"Akail?"

"No," Chariot said. "...Strange. I feel... a piece of the Fateline."

"The fateline!" Dust said excitedly. Then the energetic mote paused. "...What's the Fateline?"

"The great stream which carries us all along, and which ties us to those whom we are bound to," he said. "I cannot tell if it is young or old. It feels... I'm not sure. Perhaps I have been following"--he bounded forward, pulling himself to an old outcropping of crystal. It may have been part of an ancient avenue in the Hunters' time.

The Nytemare raised his voice. "Hello!" he called out. "Is anbody there? HELLO!"

"I think I see a fire!" Dust said breathlessly.

[2]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 11/08/2008 10:14 PM

Sylabeth practically jumped out of her fur at the loud yells. They rung out from another stony pathway.

"Hello? Is anybody there? HELLO!"

And indeed, there was someone there. Of course, that was her. The Yonyuu stalked backwards, out of that tunnel and into the next. Her blue fur gave a faint sapphire glow in the near-darkness, turning so she could follow the echoing voices.

There was talking going on, apparently. But once whoever-it-was stopped yelling, she couldn't tell what they were saying. It was all a muffled murmur. So she paused before she went any farther, to make sure that she was at the right tunnel... and to find out if there was anything she should fear before she pressed onward.

She shouted into the tunnel, "I am Sylabeth. Who are you, and why are you present?" Syla's voice had a sharp undertone, one which was unintentionable, yet commanding and perhaps intimidating. Chariot and Dust were many yards away, but they could definitely still hear her voice. Syla had ensured she was loud enough for the echo to carry.

As she waited for some form of response, she examined the cavern tunnel she was now present in.

It was wider than the other, not comfortably so, and lined with crystals as if it had been some well-worn trail in the long-deserted past. Her paws rung with voices from years and years ago. It was some odd ability she had. Sylabeth's paws tingled warmly against the cold, gray stone, which was worn from so many ancient steps.

She could pick up voices that had not spoken for more than a century.

"But I..."
"There's no time for..."
"Winter is a horrible..."

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/08/2008 10:40 PM

Sheerbow heard voices and Laffien shot two bb pellets and Sheerbow climbed onto Laffien's back.  "Onward!  Light torch!" she yelled and the fluffy fan she had turned into a torch that didn't burn her.  "Follow the voices," she said to Laffien.  "Hooba," said Laffien and ran to where a strange looking Nytemare was with a Nog was at.  Sheerbow stopped Laffien in front of the two.  "Who are you?" asked Sheerbow and Laffien took Sheerbow off of her back.  

{2/2}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/08/2008 10:52 PM

"Look!" said Dust, and he flittered in front of Chariot's face. "Below us! There's a Werecain and a Ferrikoon out there!"

Chariot's eyes fell far, gazing off into the murk, trying desperately to focus in on a faint azure haze he saw moving through the dark.

"...I am..." he heard someone calling back. The voice stirred something within Chariot.

"The compulsion...!" he said softly. "..Dust, I think that that voice I heard--the girl--I believe I may have come here to--"

"Oh, look! Visitors!" Dust interrupted him.

Indeed, up from up the dark, a most unusually brightly-colored pair of individuals came. Mounted on the back of a Werecain was indeed the Ferrikoon Dust had mentioned--both very vibrant, white and striped, in contrast to the cave. Their reflections, and those of the Ferrikoon's torch, glinted in the crystal.

The tingling Chariot felt in his hooves and heart flared up as the Ferrikoon approached them. He extended his nose as he peered at her.

"...Hello," he said, slowly and curiously.

"Hey," Dust said.

"You... you have a strange... There's a funny..." His Aftersight touched him. He felt the traces of finery in her past, and a touch of strife.

"You come from a life of luxury," he said finally. But he looked up, seeking the blue glow. "Did you... did you pass anyone blue through here? I think... I feel..."

"Introductions?" Dust looked slyly at him.

"Sorry," he said. "My name is Chariot. I am... Well, I don't suppose that's inmportant right now. Think of me as a historian, if you will. And I think... I think I'm looking for someone."

[3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 11/08/2008 10:59 PM

There were voices.

Both nose and ears told her that there was more than one... thing... here. There was no sound of violence, but it seemed like greetings. The lightest steps sent a faint pulse through her legs. Something that told her there was nothing to fear here.

And so she stalked onward, lengthy and thin legs barely touching the stony surface. There was something here, something odd. But not unpleasantly so.

Sylabeth halted a little away, but enough so that she could be clearly seen. She adjusted her wings and heightened her stature with a few straightenings of the muscles in an attempt to appear more respectable. She looked respectable already, but there was no way she could tell.

"Greetings."

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/08/2008 11:11 PM

Sheerbow looked at Chariot still holding the torch/fan.  "Pleasure to meet oyu.  I'm Princess sheerbow, and this Ferrikoon is Laffien, my andriod."  "Hooba," said Laffien.  "What do you mean there's a female Sky Yonyuu beside us?" asked Sheerbow.  Laffien was right, a yonuu was beside them.  "Hello," said Sheerbow.  "Hooba," Laffien said to Sheerbow and moved her head to the side of saying 'Let's go back."  "Go back!  Nuh-uh!  Not until we ask them a few Q's, "said Sheerbow.
{3/3}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/09/2008 12:41 AM

"A princess? I see," Chariot said. He nodded his head respectfully. Dust popped out of sight, reappearing right in front of Sheerbow's face.

"Ooooh," he said. He flicked back to Chariot's ear.

"I thought so," Chariot said. "Tell me. What brings you here? I sense a strange sort of... Well, I don't know. Around you. I feel some conflict. Did something happen? Did y--"

The Yonyuu approached.

"Oh my," Chariot said.

The feel of Fate around her was much stronger yet. Chariot felt the vibrations in every muscle and bone in his body. The Fateline flowed swiftly around her, tugging at his mane and tail, reaching out in little curling streams to the Princess and her android companion. He felt it tease him as well.

He bowed to her slightly. "Miss, I know not your name or why you came here today," she said. "But I am certain we were fainted to meet." He knelt on one of his front legs. "My name is Chariot. Who are you?"

[4]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 11/09/2008 1:02 AM

Hm. He was polite. Syla rather liked this. Only a glance was given to the Ferrikoon and the brilliantly-hued Werecain, who had only given the smallest comments on her presence.

But Chariot was much more interesting.

Those markings. They were strangely beautiful, although many spoke of war. They seemed to pulse with an ancient power, just as those runes on the stone wall had.

"I am Sylabeth, or Syla, if you prefer." She dipped her head so her narrow muzzle was perhaps a mere inch from the ground, then lifted it again. "Much obliged."

Eyes the color of the sky rested upon the other two with some unreadable emotion. "Hello. Who might you two be?" Voluminous tail swung slowly, like a pendulum stuck in a time warp. This was so... interesting.

The strange feeling she'd got upon arrival was even stronger now, sort of like a kind of 'calling.' A sort of indescribable beckoning, really.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/09/2008 4:07 PM

Sheerbow giggled at Syla.  "I'm Princess Sheerbow, and this is my andriod, Laffien."  "And the only reason why we're here is because we live here," said Sheerbw.  Laffien went and unlocked the hidden door to show the place, by lighting up the fire.  "Hooba," said Laffien.  "I guess we could lett them in, Laffien," said Sheerbow.  "Want something to eat?"

{4/4/}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/09/2008 5:56 PM

"Ahh," Chariot said. "I wasn't aware these caves were still inhabited by anyone, let alone Princesses. What became of you? I feel as if something happened in your past... Unpleasant, perhaps? I'm confused."

He looked at Sylabeth. "...Indeed. Miss Sylabeth. You have the feel of Fate about you, you see. I am not sure why or how... But I know something... Perhaps there is a Rider's Ordeal for the two of us in store."

"Oh, goodness, not another one," Dust sighed. "And didn't you say you thought you WOULDN'T meet Rider candidates down here?"

"Well, things happen..." Chariot said. "As I well know!"

[5]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 11/09/2008 6:14 PM

Syla gave a quirk of the brow at Sheerbow. A princess, eh? This was the strangest company she'd met in years.

As for Chariot, she did not completely understand what he was trying to convey to her. But it was apparent that he seemed to sense some intertwining of fates here. It was something that could serve as an excellent explanation of the tingling in her paws, the strange feeling of 'home.'

"I see, Chariot. Would you be so kind as to tell me what you mean by 'a rider?"" Whilst waiting for the Nytemare's response, Syla examined the little mote that seemed to flick and zoom about Chariot, something akin to a Think Sprite. She could not get a good examination of the sprite's appearance, for he moved too quickly, but he- or she, Syla couldn't quite tell- seemed to have bonded with Chariot.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/10/2008 1:52 PM

Sheerbow looked at Laffien and Laffien bowed and went inside the cave.  "The truth is that I'm here for a reason, to get away from my brother.  He just wants the crown, and the only way is to kill me and my older sister, Hime.  So I'm just hiding here until he's either giving up and thinks we're dead, or is king," she said and Laffien handed Sheerbow a cup of tea.  "So seriously.  Why are you guys here?  Up for an kail hunt?  Or just finding your past?"  "hooba," said Laffien in interest to hear everything while shooting a bb pellet at a noise to the let of all of them.

{5/5}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items