Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

[(Angel) in the {Darkness} - Private]

Postby SpringsSong » 11/09/2008 6:03 PM

[For Millie and I.]

So she was out and about again, but this time, she was alone.  Rosie had pleaded to come along with her, but Angela wouldn't hear of it.  This is something I must do on my own, alone.  I can't have any help with this. She'd told her friend.  The other Paragon had let her go begrudgingly, as had her actual sister, Aila.

Surely there has to be another place you can go!  Why would you want to go where those beastly Akail are?!  One of them attacked Yeraith and Irenth! the Lucain protested, but Angela would hear nothing of it.  After all, she was a Paragon; a majestic yet deadly beast.  What Akail would dare challenge her?

Now that she had arrived in the caverns, the young girl took on her Paragon form, a Pipe Paragon that was a good 20 ft tall with huge emerald wings.  Her claws clinked on the floor of the cavern as she ventured in, her eyes looking over every rock an examining it for abnormalities--or living beings.  After all, her sister was far too worried that she could be hurt.

What does Aila even know about adventure?  She was too scared to tell Deraj that she was in love with him for the longest time! the Pipe Paragon mused to herself, her eight golden eyes gleaming with laughter as she walked along.  What misfortunes could befall her here when she was, by nature--according to Ocer and his mate--was frightening because of her eight eyes?

I'll show them that I'm not a freak... she hissed to herself as she walked along.

[3.2]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: [(Angel) in the {Darkness} - Private]

Postby SpringsSong » 12/20/2008 2:26 PM

Angela sighed as she continued to walk along the paths in the caverns, her eyes scanning each rock carefully as she walked around.  After walking a little ways, she heard some voices around that sounded like some people that had come to visit Shi'Hana's tomb.

"Can you believe this?  Who would have known that this war would have brought forth such unpredictable forces as the Paragons?"

Angela turned her head when she heard this.  A Purine Rexxel was talking quietly with a Plush Rexxel when they both noticed the Paragon and stammered.  One look from Angela's gleaming gold eyes sent them scrambling away, but not without whispering, "Such as the Pipe Paragons -- those eight eyes... so unnatural."

[3.3]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/20/2008 2:31 PM

Angela half-snarled as the Rexxels walked away.  "Unnatural, you say?  I know plenty of things that are unnatural, and I would like to think that I am not one of them." She said, reveling in her virtually-360 degree range of sight.  There was no way that she could be taken off-guard, if she was careful.

She extended her emerald wings for a moment.  Such beauteous things these are... it's a shame I had to come here, where I cannot fly. She thought to herself.

[3.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/20/2008 2:36 PM

After another moment, Angela continued to walk until she reached an open spot in the cavern -- if there were any tours, if the caverns were darker and didn't have these amazing crystals that radiated light, it would likely be used as a resting spot for the explorers -- and rested.  The Paragon laid down carefully, her front legs crossed over each other and her back legs curled like a cat's.  Her wings, she wrapped around her front claws; her tail, she curled around one of her back legs.

Now this is the kind of place I like... nice and quiet, with no one to disturb me.

[4.0]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/20/2008 2:42 PM

However, Angela already knew that she had spoken too soon.  Doubtless, someone would find her in this secluded little area of the caverns, and she would most likely end up leaving in a huff.  She sighed as she lowered her head, six of her eight eyes closing as she thought for a few minutes.

Why can't I be like Lanikai?  She was able to find someone to be an angel to... she is so lucky...

[4.1]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/20/2008 9:46 PM

This darkness was his home. He had lived here for many, many years undisturbed, unchallenged, until they had come along. They brought with them explorers, and unwanted people. His eyes glowed a deep, eerie red in the dark caverns of Craiss as he thought of all the unwanted company he'd had to endure over the past few months. And endure he did. He never let his control slip, never ventured too close to them lest he be taken in by their scents. He promised himself he wouldn't kill again, yet he was, even now, having a very hard time reigning his other half in. Hm. The beast grows stronger. Soon, I fear, I will be devoured from within, and nothing will stop me from killing those whom I love. I pray only that my family has the heart to destroy me before it is too late.

He blinked, but everything remained black and white. He could not see in color, a curse of his species, of the Carpathians. At least, for now, he couldn't. Something special had to happen before he saw color. He was not quite sure what it was like to feel everything around him, to know joy and pain and love and happiness. he was not sure what anything felt like anymore. Life had become a dull, listless pain for him. The chains around his necks clinked in the darkness as he moved, unfurling his broken and shattered wings to reveal nothing but skeleton remains where his once magnificent ones had been. He shook his head violently. Something was out there...It called to him. It was time for him to eat, he knew, but he denied his hunger, denied it until it weakened him beyond all recognition.

Stepping off from the ledge, he scaled down to the bottom of the cave floor, slinking along it like a creature of habit. Voices, voices in the caves. I hear them. Someone is here...His eyes slowly glazed over. Food. It was all his mind could think of. As he hurried to the source, he was suddenly struck with a strange feeling. His dark side began to recede, as if it had been broken down for the moment. He could suddenly see clearer, smell everything more acutely. What is going on? he wondered as he hurried towards the source of the sounds. Then he found it. A Paragon, much like himself. A Pipe Paragon. A creature who was shunned because of their odd looks. Yes, he'd had dealing with them before, though not in recent years.

But what struck him was...Her beauty. The glow of the crystals reflected off of her deep blue skin, revealing a shine that seemed to him made her even more beautiful. Her wings amazing; a deep emerald, and folded quietly on her back when he longed to see them stretched into the sky. How he marveled at how perfect everything about her was. He stood in the darkness, awestruck and afraid, when he suddenly realized something. I can see in color...I can feel the cold air...His eyes widened, and then, he stepped form the shadows. His voice was deep, strange, and he prowled just on the outskirts of her ability to see him clearly, like a large cat stalking his prey. His eyes smoldered with question, confusion and hunger. "Who are you?" his deep voice rang out in the caverns. "And why have you come here?"

[1]

((Sorry for taking so long. Heh.))

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/20/2008 10:08 PM

[[It's okay.]]

Angela's eyes all shot open the instant she heard the new voice.  After a moment, they came to rest on the Windgill Paragon.  When the questions at last registered to her, she said, "I am called Angela.  I have come here... well, actually, I have no idea why I came here."

She rose her head slightly, her eight eyes all blinking with curiosity.  She knew that this Paragon was a Windgill, but... something was different about him.  The blacks and reds were certainly intriguing, but... something... ah, wait; he didn't have any wings.  Rosie had said that Windgills were made to fly, and for one to not have wings--or to not have wings that enabled flight--was a horrible thing for them.

"Likewise, I am curious to know who you are and why you have come here.  Surely you do not have any to hide from because they think you are a freak because you have odd features."

[4.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/20/2008 10:25 PM

The black and red Paragon lowered his head, the feathers on the back of his neck standing up. He watched the female with red, hazy eyes. Why was she so different than all the others? Why...Why had she changed him? Was it really her, or was there someone else here that had done this to him? He narrowed his red eyes, and stepped from the shadows, his chains dragging across the ground and creating an eerie noise in the dark abyss of the caves.  "Why I am here?" he repeated, his voice still low. "I am here because I am a monster. I should not be allowed to be away from here. This is my self-imposed exile. I am hated and feared in your world. Besides," his wings flapped feebly, and his anger seemed to intensify. "What reason have I to face the light of the outside world? I cannot fly. There is no purpose in my life."

His voice ended in a snarl of rage and anger, something completely out of the blue. It was as if remembering what had happened to him caused him great pain, for he drew his head back, and shut his eyes tightly, clutching at his heart. "Isn't that why you came here? Because no one will accept you? Because they shun you? Why do they hate you, pray tell? A creature of pure heart, who can do no wrong. You should be revered, not scorned...A creature so beautiful can never be looked upon as unnatural; Should not be called a...'freak.' " His words were strong, and he truly believe what he said, even if she did not. Odd that this Paragon would speak to the female in such a way; they had only just met, and even at that, they didn't even know each other's names.

[2]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/20/2008 10:38 PM

Angela shook her head after listening to him; she knew his anger, even if only through myth by Rosie.  After a moment, she said, "Alas, that is exactly how I am seen in the world out there... except by my sister and my friend.  They see me for who I am, not the type of Paragon I am.  But, then again, it is I who reassured my sister that her pelt did not determine her." She said quietly.

"I am referred to as a freak almost all the time.  As I was walking in here, hoping to escape, I heard two Rexxels talking about how they could not believe that the war, just passed, could awaken such fearsome beasts as the Paragons.  When they saw me, all it took was one look from my eight eyes to send them scrambling, calling me unnatural." As the Pipe Paragon said this, she fixed her eyes on Aris once more.  "And you have still neglected to tell me what I am to call you.  I have told you what I am called, it is only fair that you tell me what your name is."

If her eyes didn't do the trick, then she didn't know what would allow her to know the name of this flightless Windgill.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/20/2008 11:29 PM

“Then they are blind fools to see you as a freak,” Aris muttered softly to the darkness. He did not know who her sister and her friend were, but obviously they were wise beyond their years. If they could see past the exterior, then truly they had good hearts. He smiled darkly, and then as quickly as it appeared, his smile vanished. “Rexxels?” He asked. “Perhaps you would allow me to tear them apart for you. Would that make you happy?” he asked innocently and kindly, clearly not knowing what he was asking. But their blatant hatred for her disturbed and infuriated him. He knew not why he felt so protective of her; he just did.

And the words of the Rexxels fed his rage and threatened to overtake him. He would rip them to shreds when he found them and...He blinked and lifted his head. She’d asked what his name was. His rage seemed to vanish for a moment. “I am known as Aristotle. Or simply Aris. But I have not been called by my name in many, many years. I don‘t even remember what it is like in the outside world...Tell me...Is it dark outside? Is the moon out? And the stars...Are they shining in the sky tonight?” he said wistfully, his eyes distant.

[3]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/21/2008 10:13 AM

Angela thought for a moment.  Aristotle... named for a philosopher, was he?  As she listened to him as if she would like him to rip the Rexxels to shreds for her, she said, "If ever they cross paths with us, I shall gladly allow you to." Her voice had a tiny air of laughter in it as she said this, she knew that there were too many Rexxels around to recall which ones were the offending party, but she had a feeling she could recognize them

"Aristotle, you say?" she asked.  "That is indeed a fine name... it speaks of great knowledge beyond your years." She said, closing her eyes for a moment.  When he inquired about the outside, she said, "When I came in, it was just barely twilight.  However, I have heard that the moon will be out tonight, round and full.  The stars will also accompany the moon, glittering brightly against the midnight-black sky."

[4.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/21/2008 6:41 PM

Aristotle nodded as she acquiesced to his promise to tear the Rexxels apart. He could care less about them. All he cared about was her. Why? Perhaps it was the curse of his species. had he found the one? Already, his emotions were returning, his senses growing stronger, his colored eyesight better. He could feel, he could breathe, and the acute hunger in his stomach was lessening. He no longer desired blood. At least, not at the moment.

"My years number many," he said indifferently. "I cannot count them anymore. I lost track ages ago. So perhaps you are right about my name. I wouldn't know," he said, turning away into the darkness. She spoke of the outside world, and his eyes glittered. [b]"I should like to see that...Perhaps if you accompany, it won't be so bad. Would you join me, Angela?"[/b]

[4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/21/2008 6:53 PM

Angela smiled as she said, "I would not mind that in the least.  I have yet to see a night where the moon was full and the stars all glittering... they all get lost within the trees and embers of my home." She said quietly, standing up.  It was amazing that two full-size Paragons could fit within the caverns, but somehow, they could.  She let her golden eyes rest on him for a moment, and then, she turned to leave the room within the caverns.

[5.0]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/29/2008 9:05 PM

The light that seemed to filter from an invisible hole in the caverns danced across the crystals, illuminating Angela in the vast darkness. Aristotle marveled at how Angela moved. He noted the way her skin glowed when the light hit her, and she seemed even to have a glow all her own. Her wings seemed like a cascade of emerald, light dancing across the tips and shining like the brightest of diamonds.  Her golden eyes were so vibrant, so full of life and youth and fire. He marveled at her, at everything about her. And she was kind, and beautiful. He wondered what good wind of fortune had blown her to him. Perhaps his luck had changed, or perhaps it was another cruel trick played on him by the fates. He followed her out as she moved, his chains clanking ominously against the caverns floor. He winced as they scraped along, hating the sound of his burden and his pain.

His feeble, skeletal wings were folded at his side, and his head was held not high, but low, as though some great shame kept him from walking as proudly as he should have been. The caverns were vast, but the way to the surface was short. Soon enough, both found themselves out in the cool night air. The wind whistled and danced across his scaly skin. He lifted his head, the feathers on his crest ruffed by a passing breeze. "I have been living in the dark for so very long...I had almost forgotten how beautiful the night truly was," he murmured softly to her. The stars glittered like tiny beacons in the dark sky above, and the moon hung sweet and full in the clutter of smaller lights, shining down on them and bathing them in liquid silver. He seemed to shimmer for a moment, and his eyes closed. His Paragon form fell away, and in his place, stood a man.

He was tall, nearly bordering on six and a half feet. His hair curled in tiny ringlets, and fell down to the middle of his back, held in check by a neat black tie at the back of his neck, though many small ringlets seemed to dance free of their own accord. He wore dark clothes, seemingly many, many years old in their design, and his skin was a faint pale color. His eyes glowed an eerie red when he opened them, and he leaned back to gaze at the sky, and then at Angela. "I have not used this form in a long, long time," he mused with a quiet, dark smile; it revealed small pointed fangs, but what they were for could be anyone's guess. There was no sign of his Paragon heritage, and he looked, for all the world, like a true human. He brushed a stray ebony curl of hair from his forehead, his long hair picked up by the breeze, though it did little good; it was tightly bound, and stayed firmly in place no matter where the wind took it. "Tell me, Angela, do you have such a form as well?" he asked quietly, gazing up at her from the cold, moonlit ground.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/01/2009 1:04 PM

Angela offered but a tiny smile as he commented on how he had almost forgotten how the night sky had looked.  However, when he began to shimmer, Angela blinked and did a double-take.  However, when she saw the human form that he had taken—the ringlets, the dark clothes, his pale skin, his red eyes and pointed fangs—she marveled at the change.  When he inquired if she, too, had a human form, she nodded; “I do indeed.”

Here, she closed her eyes and held her wings out straight.  Her own body began to glow, but her transformation was not as sudden as Aris’.  You could see her shrink down, until she was just barely six feet tall.  Her skin was fair—not pale, but you could tell that, if she were to spend too much time out in the sun on an especially hot day, she would not tan, but straight up burn—her hair was a golden blond, she wore a kimono-like dress that was blue with purple designs throughout, but no traces of the emerald wings that gave her flight.  However, when she opened her eyes—only two in her human form—one would do a double-take.

They were not golden, but blue—a deep, sapphire blue, much like her Paragon form’s skin.

“It has also been a long time since I have had a reason to use this form,” Angela said quietly.  “Normally, when I appear to my sister… I have my wings still, as I am a guardian angel to her.” Here, she let her wings appear again.  However, after a moment, they vanished in a shimmering glow.

“I’m not normal in either form.  I’m… kind of not alive, yet not dead at the same time.  Yes, I have a solid form; no, I do not require anything to keep me alive constantly—I merely remain this way for Aila, my sister.” She said quietly.  “Not even Rosie, my friend, knows that I am like this.  Aila’s the only one who knows… and now, you know as well.” She whispered.

[5.1]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next