Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Found in the Dark {P, Akail Hunt(Slight Gore)}

Postby Lunasa » 12/25/2008 7:57 PM

All she could see were flashes of dark gray brown walls and glowing runes. Occasionally, she would pass a black, yawning hole, a entrance into another tunnel, another world. She was tumbling, tumbling. The world around her spun, nothing stayed as it should. The floor was above her, rune covered walls were beneath her. Why was it spinning again? Ah, the cliff. She had been on search, for an Akail. Well, she had been going along the tunnel, when the ground dropped out beneath her. She had slithered over a cliff, brilliant. It seemed that she hit every possible sharp flint on the way down. She was sure that she had cut up every inch of scaly hide along her forty foot length. Tiny pains, dismissable pain, pain that was easliy ignored. She could live through this. Then she landed with a sickening thud. Cracking filled the air around her. Bones snapped and blood was everywhere. Her ears were filled the sound of rushing water. Pain like a white, hot fire ran down her length. Bright lights and neon colors filled her eyes, her mind. Then, the rushing quieted and the colors dimmed. All was dark. She closed her eyes, maybe she wouldn't live through this.

R:1
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Re: Found in the Dark {P, Akail Hunt(Slight Gore)}

Postby Lunasa » 12/25/2008 8:45 PM

A faint, blue light floated through the darkened tunnels. Azure, crystalline wings stirred the air. The air hummed with its tiny wingbeats. It was a tiny Lunafly. He lived down here, in the dark. He studied the walls, the runes. They fascinated him. What magic caused them to glow? And for so long? Most important, what do they mean? This puzzled him. But he would learn these rune's secrets! It was a little difficult though, doing this without fingers. Luckily, the small, cerulean insect had an excellent memory. He passed over a familiar drop in the ground. But something was different. Something, someone was down at the bottom, dark red blood pooled around them. It was bent at odd angles, angles that should not be possible with normal flesh and bone. He floated down, minute air pressure changes pushing him down. Eventually, the Lunafly came to rest next to a large, Bleached Carpetfang. It was bleeding profusely from numerous laceration up and down its length. What could he, a speck next to this large snake, do help this injured creature? He lifted off, looking for something. The runes around them glowed, brighter and brighter. Soon, only the soft blue light of the Lunafly could be seen. What was happening?

T:1

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 12/25/2008 10:24 PM

The Bleached Carpetfang felt something flutter down beside her. What was it? She tried to look, to lift her head. But she couldn't. She couldn't feel anything, not along the entire length of her body. Nothing, that is, besides pain. Debilitating pain, pain that was all consuming. The world was dark, she couldn't see either! Why couldn't she feel anything? Or see? Why? Slowly, a soft white light replaced the darkness. Warmth spread over her mangled body, like a balm. Feeling returned, as did movement. Wounds mended, bones realigned, nerves reconnected. The light receded, leaving only the faintest of glows. The Carpetfang moved, slowly, tentaviley at first then more boldly. The pain was gone, all movement returned. Then she looked around. Something small and blue floated up by the ceiling. Hello. I'm Risda. Who, what, are you? Her voice was quiet, low, lilting, with only the faintest trace of a hiss. She blinked. her voice wasn't like that before. Before it had been high and raspy. Why had it changed? She eyed the runes, which still held traces of white light

R:2

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 12/26/2008 6:05 PM

The Lunafly floated down, down. He had fluttered far higher than he had expected. The air was still, even to his sensitive feel. Why had it gotten so still? He glanced down at the girl, Risda, was it? She looked confused. Stranger still, she was healed. All her wounds had closed up. He glanced at the faintly glowing runes. Yet another suprise about them, it seems. Eventually, the insubstantial butterfly landed beside the lengthy serpent. She could rollover on him without even noticing. That would not do! He floated upward, the air tinkling quietly as crystal wing rubbed against crystal wing. He landed on Risda's head, a azure speck against the pale, muted colors of Risda's Bleached head. Risda? That's a nice name. I am a Lunafly. My name is Teth His voice sounded not in the cavern, but in Risda's head. It was shimmering and bright, if one's voice could be shimmering and bright. The air around the little Lunafly hummed quietly, the feeling of excitement at meeting someone new was almost tangible around him. One rarely meets someone in these dark, unexplored places.

T:2

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 12/26/2008 7:35 PM

Risda shifted so that she colud look up at the Lunafly. He was quite beautiful, in her eyes. He was brilliant blue, so brilliant it glowed. She tracked it with her eyes. She saw it land beside her, then float up and land on her head. She couldn't feel the featherweight creature on her head. Carefully, she flicked her tongue swiftly, taking in information about her surroundings. She had fallen a great distance, it was darker, mustier, colder down here. The only light was from the Lunafly on her head and the runes. Then he spoke. She didn't know how she knew it was a he, she just did. His voice was beautiful, a glowing, velvety voice.Teth? That's a nice name as well. Nice to meet you. She smiled at him. Not that he could see it, on top of her head. Why are you, a sky creature, doing down here, in the belly of the Mother? Risda always refered to the ground as the Mother. She glanced around. There was only one cave opening, and that was barely big enough for her. Several stalactites and stalagmites were at the entrance, turning it into mouth, waiting for its next meal.

R:3

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 12/26/2008 8:48 PM

Teth felt the muscles shift in Risda's head as she smiled. He glowed slightly brighter, his version of a smile. Then Risda's head shifted again as she flicked her tongue. What an odd habit, Teth thought. Why would someone need to flick their tongue? He flickered slightly, his version of a shrug. The Mother? Do you mean the ground? I live down here. I haven't seen the sky in nearly two years. I've been studying these runes. Suddenly, he was on his side. Quiet tinking could be heard as glassy wing hit glassy wing. Risda had turned her head. Carefully, the little bug stood and looked at what had caused his unforseen fall. It was the entrance to a tunnel. He had never seen that entrance. He should have, considering his extended stay down here. Of course, a couple tons of falling snake could have knocked something loose. Teth floated upward, off Risda's head. A slight draft pulled him towards the tunnel. As he entered the light he gave off lit the tunnel walls with just enough light for someone to go through it safely.

T:4

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 12/30/2008 5:35 PM

The soft blue glow somewhere over her eyes brightened. Risda had no idea what it meant, maybe he smiled. Then the blue glow flickered. What did that mean? She smiled a bit wider at is question, her fangs dripping slightly. For most anyone else, the smile of a Carpetfang means imminent bodily harm. Risda's smile to Teth, though, meant nothing of the kind. Besides, the little Lunafly would barely make a mouthful and it would break into dozens of painful shards. Yes, Teth, the ground is the Mother. That's what I've always called it. She puzzled over what he said next. Wait, a sky creature such as you hasn't seen the sky in nearly two years? I would have gone mad! Her tone was incredulous. The quiet tinkling of Teth falling vibrated against her skull, it tickled. Risda watched Teth float off her head and towards the tunnel she had been looking at. The light shed off his wings gave enough illumination for her to navigate the tunnel. The large snake slid after him, the tufts of fur running along her length occasionally catching on the rocks jutting out of the cave mouth.

R:4

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 01/02/2009 9:29 PM

Teth, again, brightened his in the gesture that was a smile. One would think that, but I was always more attuned to the earth, the Mother. The light shed from his wings revealed things never before seen. Runes with meanings long forgotten, doorways leading to nowhere. He wanted to venture down them, learn the meaning of these unremembered things. However, he continued, to help Risda. Soon, the tunnel widened, as tall as a Gyrophant and wide enough to allow five Terratops pass side by side. Teth marveled at the size of the place. Rarely, did he find such huge caverns. Mostly, he stuck to the smaller passages, where his size would be an advantage.

T:5

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 02/07/2009 3:02 PM

Risda slid after Teth, the runes glowing around her. The Lunafly floated ahead of her, a tiny bright spot in this dim world. She rounded a corner into the large hall that Teth had entered mere seconds earlier. A hissing gasp slipped out of her mouth. This was amazing! And strangely familiar. She stopped, looking around in surprise. How could she know this place? She had never been down here before. Teth, where are we? The question echoed quietly, reflected by th smooth, rippled walls of the cave. She slipped through the cavern looking about, trying to find what had set her off. Risda noticed some doorways, leading to what appeared to be homes. This sparked her curiosity.

R:5

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate