Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Re: Searching for Purpose {Akail Hunt-Me&Citredelekon}

Postby BasilFox » 04/25/2009 11:35 PM

A light filled the room and the runes seemed to peel away from the wall. They were clearly visible...no more faded letters or symbols.

"A light switch. Huh." Basil said jokingly. She took paper and a quill from her bag and began writing the ruins down to translate.
ImageImage

"I cringe.
The sound of my voice rips through me.
They scream.
The sound of my laughter stabs them.
He cowers.
The sound of his breathing betrays him.
I smile.
Only the sound of my music remains."
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 16
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 04/30/2009 5:26 PM

ooc: Okay, give me a few days to come up with something good. Edit: Perhaps a bit longer? xD
bic:
Basil stared at the prophecy, thinking. Flynn stood behind her with a knowing look on his face. He whispered to Chigaru, who laughed.

"What? What is it? tell me!" Flynn only smiled. "Think about it a bit more. You are not from here so you might not get it right away...Unless Rune would like to give you a hint."
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 06/27/2009 2:20 PM

Chigaru pondered for a bit before offering, "Two and two so far away...That could be referring to two similar creatures that come from different places....And The dead do seek the day will come,
And the living hope it does become might be referring how a creature accepts death, yet in death seeks new life."
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 07/05/2009 8:22 AM

"Crystals...Or runes that glow like them." It seemed the akail had deigned to give them some insight. "They glow fervently, as if with life, yet they do not possess it."

Basil patted the akail and imuet's heads. "Interesting...But the other lines point to something else...I think it means spirits, for they dwell in between life and death...So maybe the spirits of the crystals? Or maybe, crystals will lead to runes that tell of spirits that may aid us in what seems to be...a quest."
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 07/08/2009 9:35 AM

The akail nodded. "It's probably just another way to say 'everyone'. As for the Great Mother, surely you know the Great Creator, The Mother of All. Though her name differs from religion to religion, from species to species, the belief is still the same."

Chigaru's eyes flashed with knowledge. "So if the last lines Neighbor and neighbor, Father and son, Each and every, every one, just mean 'everyone' again...The last passage must be more of a way to keep the ah...'questers'...together. For although we are different, and though our very beliefs may seem so on the surface, we still share the same origins."
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 07/08/2009 3:51 PM

ooc: -gigglesnort- x3

By the By, continuing with the whole theme of 'searching for purpose', I've set up the continuation of this thread in Basantha Shrine. I'll be switching out Flynn for two of my less roleplayed pets, Skadi the kitrell and Rio the slaughter dalma. o3o So whenever you're ready to go: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10139&p=185109#p185109

bic:
"Ah...Um...Well that's weird." Bones, blood, and general gore were not Basil's thing. She tapped Flynn's side with a shaky hand and pointed.

"That's probably what's left of the last person to venture into the runes. Either they got trapped or one of my brethren found them...Speaking of which we might want to leave. Not all of my brothers and sisters are as kindly as The One who Seeks That Which is Hidden." He seemed to have no problem talking of the female akail now. But then again, why should he have a problem? She had made her choice. Besides that, he seemed to look like he was going to go.

Chigaru blinked. "So, will we all be going on this journey?"

Flynn shook his head. "I'm afraid i must leave it for the time being. I sense...I'll tell you when I know."

"That's ridiculous!" The imuet exclaimed. "You'll never be able to find us if you leave now."

The akail sighed. "I don't hold the title 'Legendary Tracker' for nothing."
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 07/25/2009 9:26 AM

Basil bit back a scream as a zombie of sorts pushed itself out of the ground. She backed up and glanced around for Flynn...But unfortunately, he wasn't there. He had already left. Her searching hand found  Chigaru's muzzle though.

"Uh...uh...Why don't we get out of here." She choked the words out as the decayed man began to steady enough to walk. Without waiting for an answer she bolted out of the room, Chigaru at her heels.

ooc: I guess we're off to Basantha Shrines now. :3
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer