Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Re: Is there No Light at the End of the Tunnel (open Akail Hunt)

Postby Kittyms » 02/12/2009 6:04 PM

"Why what?" the Frightmare asked curiously, looking at Chronon. "Oh I'm sorry, you don't have to answer that. I'm too inquisitive for my own good." She chuckled dryly, and tossed her fiery mane.

"Also too annoying," Circe grumbled softly. Burn's keen ears twitched, and she whirled around, fixing the Khimera with a steely glare. "I didn't say anything!" Circe said, quickly denying Burn's accusing glare.

"Just shut up!" Nightshade suddenly yelled. His fur bristled and both of his tails were lashing angrily. "I'm sick of all your complaining and grumbling! Grow up!" He hissed and bared his claws, digging them into the ground in frustration.

[Circe: 9, Nightshade: 9, Burn: 9]

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Maelstrom » 02/12/2009 11:35 PM

Fafnir was of the opinion that Chronon's outburst had been more than 'nothing', but if that was what he wanted to have them believe it was his decision. The battleheart was accustomed to keeping his feelings and observations to himself anyway.

He had to admire Burn for putting up with her companions; if it was him he would have managed to dump them at some remote outpost of civilization and then headed for the hills as fast as he could.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 602
Donate
Location: The Ladies' Anarchist Sewing Circle and Terrorist Association

Postby Kittyms » 02/20/2009 11:48 AM

(hmm... I'll see what I can do lol. sorry that I've been kind of slow responding)

"Nothing?" the Frightmare said, watching Chronon as he began to fly. She watched him for a little longer, then turned back to watching the tunnel in front of her, figuring that he must not want to talk about it. She would not prod into Chronon's business if he did not want her to.

"Fine everyone, be quiet then! One minute you're arguing then you're silent! You all are so bipolar!" Nightshade yelled, ranting on and on. His eyes were blazing  with anger, when he suddenly turned on Circe. Extending his claws, he raked them down the Khimera's flank. However, they could not penetrate her thick skin.

"What was that?!!" Circe roared, suddenly snapping. She slapped the Kanua with one large paw, causing him to go flying across the tunnel and hit the wall. "Stupid furball!! What on earth do you think you're doing?" she spat, her tails lashing in agitation.

"Nightshade!" Burn cried, galloping over to where the Kanua lay motionless against the wall. "Be careful with our navigator!" she said angrily, looking up at Circe, before turning back to Nightshade in concern. "Nightshade, Nightshade, speak to me!"

The Kanua looked up at the Frightmare standing over him, then weakly pointed with one paw at an opening in the tunnel wall that had been hidden behind a projection of rock. "Look at that," he said. "You can only see this tunnel from this angle. I bet we're probably the first ones to find it. Thanks to Circe, I was able to find it.."

[Circe: 10, Nightshade: 10, Burn: 10 -- level up for all]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Maelstrom » 02/20/2009 6:55 PM

This Chronon was not an ordinary hollowheart, Fafnir realized; the Hollowheart had betrayed himself by the simple action of flying. Flying was not, by itself, a suspicious action, but when someone was capable of flying in a cramped tunnel underground? That most definitely was not something the average clockwork Hollowheart could do without scraping a wall and injuring themself; the normal programming was not precise enough.

Which left a number of intriguing options to be considered: someone had paid to have Chronon's abilities increased beyond the norm, but why, and how? That kind of alteration was rarely done professionally, and owners tinkering with their pets could damage the pet severely. The battleheart was certainly going to pay more attention to Chronon in the future; he would have to be watched.

While Fafnir had been considering Chronon, his other companions seemed to have engaged in a brawl with Burn playing peacekeeper. Initially irritated, Fafnir felt a flare of concern when Nightshade was thrown into the wall. Being in the lead, he hadn't had the chance to react. If their navigator was damaged, how would they continue?

Fafnir was pleased to hear that the kuhna was alright, but the tunnel they had found consumed most of his attention. How ironic that an 'accident' had allowed the tunnel to be found - he supposed that Circe had some use after all. Taking a breath of the tunnel's air to make sure it was clean, he asked, "Who wants to go first then?"

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 02/23/2009 10:39 PM

Burn nodded. "All right, Chronon, you lead the way." She lowered her head and picking up Nightshade by the scruff using her mouth, moved him out of the way.

"I can walk," the Kanua complained as the Frightmare gently lowered him back to the ground. "I'm not an invalid. I'm going after Chronon, cuz I am the navigator after all, and this tunnel should be mapped."

"But it's dangerous.." the Frightmare started, then gave up. She realized that Nightshade's mind was made up and that she couldn't change it, so she settled for rolling her eyes. "Fine, but I will be right behind you, and if anything happens I'm grabbing you by the scruff and getting out of there."

"I'll bring up the rear," Circe volunteered. "I don't see all of the excitement and fuss in seeing a new tunnel anyway, and you're gonna need somebody quick on their toes guarding your back if something happens." She did not look at any of them - her eyes were fixed on a rock projecting from the wall, but it was clear that she felt badly for hitting Nightshade, and this was her way of trying to make it right.

[Circe: 11, Burn: 11, Nightshade: 11]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Maelstrom » 03/02/2009 11:48 PM

Watching Chronon move past to take up the lead, Fafnir came to a startling realization - Chronon was not a Clockwork Hollowheart. Or at least not born one; Chronon had been created from an organic base. His eyes narrowed in thought. This brought to light a whole new set of probabilities, because a job of this magnitude could not have been done successfully by anyone but the best experts. Or illegally...

The battleheart took his place right in front of Circe, so he was close enough to fend off an attack from the back, but still let the Khimera have her guilt trip. He had no concerns about an attack from the front. If Chronon was even half as advanced as he thought he was, then they had nothing to fear. They walked for a while, Fafnir still keeping his senses sharp in case someone else missed some small sign of danger.

Fafnir supposed they ought to let the navigator choose which fork, but after leaning forward to sense both tunnels, he gestured with his claws at the tunnel leading down. "The air smells cleaner down this one, but the navigator can decide."

"What was what?" The battleheart had been preoccupied examining the tunnels and had missed whatever it was Chronon had seen.

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 03/03/2009 7:43 PM

Puffing up his chest importantly, Nightshade strutted up next to Chronon. "The tunnel downward, as Fafnir said," he announced. "That is the way we should go... Although I have to admit that this area is not so familiar to me since it is not documented." The Kanua started to walk forward.

"Wait, Nightshade," Burn called out, her eyes wide. She looked over at Chronon, trying to figure out what the Hollowheart had seen. "What is it?" she asked quietly.

The Khimera was grateful to Fafnir for letting her take up the role of being in the back. Still, she was quickly irritated with her position. "What's going on?" Circe asked grumpily.

[Circe: 12, Burn: 12, Nightshade: 12]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Maelstrom » 03/06/2009 12:23 AM

Hiding his amusement at the silly antics of the kanua, Fafnir followed his companions deeper into the caverns. "We were just choosing which way to go," he replied to Circe.

He paid more attention to his surroundings this time - he doubted that Chronon had been jumping at shadows, but it was best to make sure. Speaking of Chronon...the hollowheart was acting rather strangely. He had begun talking to himself about how 'they' would kill him if he was caught. Fafnir hoped that they 'they' Chronon was talking about wasn't himself. He and Hecate had skimmed the edge of the law many a time while hunting, and his interest in Chronon was purely out of curiousity.

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 03/18/2009 8:20 PM

"Thanks," Circe muttered sullenly, almost resentful that she had to say that word to Fafnir. She swished her tails, and checked over her shoulder to make sure that no one was following them. She was getting an uneasy feeling. "Am I the only one who feels like we're being watched?" she asked loudly.

Burn looked at Chronon in curiosity, but when she realized that he was just talking to himself, she turned away. She sensed that the Hollowheart harbored many secrets but she wasn't going to force him to tell her. As soon as the Khimera voiced her opinion aloud, the Frightmare instantly realized that she herself had been getting that sensation.. maybe from the way Chronon was acting. In a quiet voice, she said, "I feel it too. Nightshade, come here."

Hearing his name, the Kanua stopped and turned to look back at her, curious as to why she was speaking so quietly. When he saw the look on Burn's face, he quickly scampered over to her. "What is it?" he asked, keeping his voice low when he noticed how solemn and serious she looked.

[Circe: 13, Burn: 13, Nightshade: 13]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 08/09/2009 3:21 PM

(thank you for waiting so patiently.. I feel terrible for not replying in forever x.x)

Burn caught sight of the man's silhouette and reared back in fright. Picking up on her nervousness, Nightshade let out a squeal and ran underneath Circe. "Get out from under me, runt," the Khimera spat, hooking the Kanua out with one claw. She stared at the silhouette, unafraid. Glancing over at Chronon, she saw that he was indecisive, so she took the initiative.

"Show yourself. No use hiding, we can see your shadow. And in case you're thinking of trying to fight us, I should warn you that we're all trained combatants." The last part was a lie, since neither Nightshade nor Burn had ever had any experience fighting. Still Circe felt confident if worst came to worst she could take this stranger on her own.

[Circe: 14, Burn: 14, Nightshade: 14]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 03/09/2011 4:31 PM

(ooc:// if it's all right with you, I am going to go ahead and leave this roleplay. I don't have much time to roleplay anymore so I'm trying to clean up the roleplays that I am currently in right now. You can go ahead and leave too if you want)

"Circe, let's get out of here," Nightshade whined. His eyes were wide as he pawed insistently at the Khimera's flanks.

"I agree," Burn whinnied. "Not that I'm afraid. I'm just concerned for the Kanua's health." She turned her fiery eyes on Circe. The Khimera snorted.

"Whimps. All right, we'll leave." Flicking one of her scythe-like tails, she beckoned Nightshade onto her back. The Kanua perched between her shoulderblades and hunkered down. She sprang into motion, following Burn out of the caverns at full speed.

[Circe: 15, Burn: 15, Nightshade: 15 -- level up for all, and all have now left]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous