Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Re: I can't believe this. {private: Me & Moyra}

Postby Moyra » 05/04/2009 10:45 AM

Veritas snorted slightly at the word afraid. It wasn't afraid so much as it was concern. He didn't want to become a burden to his friend if something happened to him. An injury would likely hinder Rotew's chances of finding the elusive Akail. "Well, as long you have confidence in your abilities, I guess I can relax." He smiled as he finished, not really needed to relax as he had said.

Listening to the reasons for the trek, he wasn't quite sure he wanted to meet this creature. Sounded more and more like a wild beast that should just be left alone. His mind wandered and he thought of why someone would want such things in life. How twisted a person would need to be in order to invite such chaos and destruction into their home. "Your Daemon seems...like an odd fellow."
Moyra
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7
Donate

Postby Moyra » 05/12/2009 10:26 AM

Listening to his tales of this Daemon person, Veritas' eyes grew steadily wider. He know there were such evil beings in the world, but this was the closest he had ever come. He shied away from such things, preferring to stick to his life of calm and peace. "I cannot imagine such a place, or such a being. I would hate to be captured or enslaved by such as him. He would likely take my music from me." Being as he was, Veritas really couldn't think of a much worse thing for him, though certainly there was plenty. It was just the way he was built, simple. Music ruled his life, and he never thought past that.

"You say you're different in that he finds you original, but would you truly let him enslave you like the others if he didn't? Would you have no recourse from it?" Somewhere he realized that often others were forced to do as they wouldn't, or shouldn't. He was lucky to have lived away from that cruel reality that others face.

For a moment his mind shifted to the surroundings, and he wondered where they were being lead to. The scent that Rotew was picking up was making it's way into Veritas' nostrils as well, though he quickly shook it off. Countless things have likely made their way down here and died. It was likely just the smell of decaying travellers.
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 05/21/2009 10:34 AM

Listening to Rotew in silence as they walked, Veritas wondered what would happen to the lands if the Volcano suddenly disappeared. The thought honestly made him smile, the monstrous volcano being destroyed so thoroughly that it simply vanished? As long as any creatures were cleared out, he didn't seem to have much of a problem with the thought.

As they wandered closer to the smell, Veritas was having a hell of a time trying to keep the foul aroma from entering his sensitive nostrils. As the rounded the corner, he was about to lift a paw to cover his nose, but the sight of the fungi littering the place stopped him. He'd never seen such large mushrooms, and his jaw dropped slightly. "Strange to say the least. I'm afraid I don't know much. Only seen a few mushrooms here and there, and definitely wouldn't know if these are edible or not. I'm also not about to risk it to test them. I'm not that hungry." He laughed as he said it. He was fine with the fish and odd reptiles he'd pulled out of the water. "I assume you don't know either?" They were blue mushrooms. That couldn't be a good thing, could it?
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 06/19/2009 12:17 AM

About to turn around and get away from the odd looking fungi, Veritas jumped slightly as the friend he'd acquired fell flat on his face. Quickly taking the two steps toward him, he bent over his face to make sure the breath was still flowing. As it was, he assumed Rotew wasn't dead or dying. Now what had caused this. He glanced up at the mushrooms and wondered if they had anything to do with it. They weren't effecting him at all, but Rotew was en entirely different species.

Glancing back the way they had come, he spied a little spot that was tucked away from the mushrooms and seemed free of anything. Best to get him out of whatever could be contaminating him. Hoping he had enough weight behind him, Veritas latched his teeth around the collar around Rotew's neck and tried a slow pull toward the spot. It took a few slow and hard yanks on the fabric, but slowly the body of his friend was dragged to some kind of safety of a sort. Not knowing what he should do, having never been in this kind of situation, he brushed off the particles of mushroom that had attached to Rotew's face and sat back, waiting for him to move, awaken, or anything.
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 07/28/2009 7:13 PM

Veritas jumped slightly as the hollowheart woke so suddenly after so long of no movement. He stood and listened carefully to his words, instantly concerned, "You were just out cold for 4 hours, don't you think you should at least wake fully? Are you alright to walk around and everything?"

Veritas stopped and thought on Rotew's words a moment longer, as they hadn't fully sunk in. "What do you mean, evils far greater than the Akail? I thought this creature was supposedly pretty wicked?" There wasn't a large amount of concern in his voice, in fact it was kind of flat. Almost as if he was merely asking about the weather.
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext