Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Burning Off That Energy ~ {Akail Hunt - Private}

Postby SkyWolf11 » 03/24/2009 8:52 PM

ImageImage
+{Aurora - Posts: 11 - Level: 3} + {Crest - Posts: 11 - Level: 3}+

"Fee-Fie-Foe-Fum, I'll crush you all one by one!"  A rough, scratchy voice bounced down the cavern's walls as it sung the not-so-rhyming threat, followed by a strange cackling.  The source of it was a small Ryoklein Kuhna, hopping around and pawing playfully at a small insect scurrying about on the ground.  He laughed again as his next strike flipped the poor bug upside down.

"Oh stop, Crest, leave the poor thing in peace."  A gentler, more soothing voice called out to the Ryoklein.

He turned to see similar Kuhna, one looking much like him, though the flames on her tail shone with many more colors.  A female Nulvuldan.  Pouting, the one called Crest let the small insect escape his assaults.  He rushed up towards the Nulvuldan, whining much like a small child would.

"Come on, Aurora, I was only having fun."  He brushed playfully up against his sister as a young kit would to it's mother.

Aurora sighed patiently and flashed a quick smile at her younger brother.  "Just remember...Mother is trusting us to stay out of trouble, ok?" she reminded him in a calm voice.

"Yeah, yeah." was his reply as he rushed off ahead once more, looking for a distraction.

{12} {12}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Re: Burning Off That Energy ~ {Akail Hunt - Open}

Postby SkyWolf11 » 03/25/2009 10:46 PM

Aurora sighed as she kept a close eye on her brother.  Sometimes she'd think that he was just too much to put up with, but she did love him, and therefore would stay by him, regardless of his more annoying moments.  And, if for nothing else, she'd take the role of his protector for mother.  

Crest hadn't taken long in finding another object to focus his energy on.  This time, a small pebble, common enough in such a place, yet sufficient enough to entertain him.  He batted it around between his paws, giggling with pleasure ever so often.

"Hey, hey, Aurora!"  He mewed excitedly, still messing with his pebble.  "What is this place, anyways?  Huh?"

Walking at her usual, steady pace, she soon arrived by his side.  "It's called Craiss, if I'm not mistaken." she mewed softly as she let her eyes wander around the wide passage.  Still being close to the entrance, the sunlight illuminated most of the place, driving the darkness back, deeper into the cavern.

"Oh."  he mewed, now looking at his sister.  "That's a strange name, isn't it?"

She smiled and nodded.  "Yeah I suppose it is."

{13} {13}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 03/30/2009 11:00 AM

Suddenly, Crest's eyes lit up and a huge grin spread across his face.  "Oh, oh , oh!!!" he gasped, bouncing up and down.  

"What in Evelon, Crest?" Aurora sighed, watching her strange brother jump around.  She scooted back a few inches to keep from being hit with one of his tails.

"You said Craiss!"  Crest laughed and stared at her.  Clearly, something about that name reminded him of something.

"Um...yes I did..."  She tilted her head in confusion.  "So what?"

"Well, do you know what lives down here then!?" he giggled.  Aurora stared at him blankly...meaning no.  Crest struck a playful position, with chest to the ground and butt in the air.  "Akail!  Those strange little cave creatures!"

Aurora cocked a brow.  That word sounded somewhat similar.  Hadn't she heard from a few members of her pen of such a thing?  Yes.  She was certain.  Some had even came to try and find one.

"I guess you're right!" she mewed, surprised slightly that her brother had remembered the stories, too.  Usually, he was easy to forget things like that.

Crest furrowed his brow and gave a toothy grin.  "Wouldn't it be cool if we found one?"

{14} {14}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/02/2009 9:02 PM

ImageImage
<<-- Souretsu // Lvl 2 -->>    <<-- Daishou // Lvl 2 -->>

'Ah, thank the heavens. There is Craiss Caverens...'

The walk here seemed much longer than it was supposed to be for Daishou. The reason being was a certain Taigra had decided to tag along with him. Daishou had tried to lose him and had tried to deter him from coming, but nothing had stopped this runt from following. The entire way Souretsu had talked and asked questions, not taking a moment to breath. Daishou was utterly annoyed by it but at least he was at his destination now.

Souretsu pranced proudly by the side of the Kuchi Nagi, mocking Daishou's prideful walk. He laughed lightly at his own joke, his voice echoing in the caverns.

"So, we finally made it. Wow, this place is awesome! I can't wai-"

"Hush!" Daishou said harshly, making Souretsu cringe slightly. "I hear someone..."

Daishou stopped and listened. Sure enough there were other voices near. Quietly, he made his way for the voices, hiding behind a rock formation in order to see the creatures before approaching, the Taigra right under his feet, looking around with the intensity of a soldier. Daishou took note of this, as it seemed that this Taigra had a certain level of discipline and had excellent tracking skills... Perhaps this Taigra could help them hunt for that elusive Akail... Peering around the corner of the rock formation, Daishou realized there was nothing to fear. Two Kuhna's were busy talking to one another... about Akails. They were just as interested as he was. Daishou stood up and dusted himself off to make himself look more formal, then approached the two, Souretsu hot on his heels.

"Greetings. I couldn't help but over hear that you two seemed interested in searching for an Akail. Is that correct?"

Souretsu remained silent, sitting beside his 'friend' and waiting to hear what the other two would say.

(6) (6)

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/04/2009 12:27 PM

A foreign voice startled the two Kuhna as they were talking.  Aurora sunk to the ground, her fur raised with surprise, and she let out a small "Oh!"  Her eyes locked onto a large creature she hadn't seen before, and another one close behind it.  They didn't look to be Akail...or much of a threat either...  She allowed her body to relax.  When she went to check on Crest, all she saw was a black blur and heard the words "Haha!  I've got you now, Akail!"

Crest bounded past his sister and headed for the strangers with bared teeth.  "Surrender!" he growled, though not as menacing as he would have liked.  He skidded to a stop only a few inches from them and stood with fur bristled.

"Oh no..." Aurora muttered, quickly getting back on her feet.  Sometimes her brother's jump-to-conclusions approach wore her out.  

"Crest, you little weirdo, get back here!" she mewed angrily, sounding more like a sister now.

{15 = lvl 4} {15 = lvl 4}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/04/2009 12:54 PM

Daishou did not change his stance at the reactions of surprise of one of the Kuhnas. He did not approach any further, giving her a moment to realize that Daishou meant no harm. However, the other of the two must've mistaken him for an Akail, as he started to charge at them, yelling out that he had them. Daishou raised a brow in a 'What in the world?' kinda way. But before he could do anything about it, not that he would, the Taigra suddenly bounded into action.

Souretsu felt a threat for his 'friend' and immeadiately growled in his throat as the Kuhna charged. The Taigra leaped in front of Daishou, fur raised and his body in a protective stance, ready to fight. But the Kuhna stopped right before him, his fur bristled in much the same way as Souretsus'. A growl rose from the Taigra's throat as he glared into the eyes of the Kuhna, daring him to take another step closer.

Before it could get out of hand, Daishou reached down and picked up Souretsu in his arms, holding the Taigra under his arms, as Souretsu struggled to get down.

"Calm down, calm down. We don't want a fight, Souretsu."

Daishou put the struggling Taigra down beside him, who gave him an evil glare and stuck out his tongue. The Kuchi Nagi rolled his eyes and shook his head in slight aggrivation, but then quickly looked to the two Kuhna's to speak.

"We mean no harm, I assure you. My name is Daishou and this is Souretsu. We have come in search of an Akail, which I believe I heard you two were looking for as well. Am I correct?"

(7)(7)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/04/2009 1:34 PM

Crest held his ground as the Taigra confronted him.  He was hardheaded that way...  He let another not-so-menacing growl escape from his throat.

Aurora sprung into action, trying to avoid a senseless fight.  She grabbed one of Crest's tails in her mouth and jerked backwards, away from the larger Taigra.  "Crest, stof!  No fighting!" she managed to say through the mouthful of tail.

Crest dug his claws into the ground, trying to resist the pull, but he was still drug back.  "Aurora!  It's an Akail!  And it's right there!" he whined.  He was oblivious to the fact that not everything in the caverns was an Akail.

"No.  They're not, silly." she mewed, letting him go once she reached a safe range.  She placed a paw firmly on his back to deter him from charging again.  He huffed and pouted, ears laid back and looked the other way.

Aurora, being the more understanding of the two, bowed politely to the strangers and smiled.  "I'm terribly sorry.  My brother here likes to jump to conclusions."  She flashed a stern look in his direction.  

"Nice to meet you, Daishou and Souretsu." she mewed calmly after letting their words sink in.  "I'm Aurora and this.." she motioned towards her still pouting brother "..is Crest."

"Well..." she started to answer their final question "..we weren't exactly searching for the Ak-"

"Oh, oh!  Yes we can!  Can't we, Aurora? Please, please, please!?" Crest, who had just tuned himself into the conversation, pleaded with his sister.  "We could hunt for an Akail!  We are here after all so let's do something fun!"  He wiggled out from her paw and began bouncing around.

{16} {16}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/04/2009 9:24 PM

ooc: Hi peoples!

"How beautiful..." sighed Heatherdance, as she stared at one of the many crystals in the Craiss Caverns. Rubbing up against a few, she made her way down a narrow wall of rock and crystal, nearing the entrance to the caverns. Suddenly, she saw two fiery Kuhna tails bouncing up and down spastically behind a few crystals. "What on Earth...?" she whispered to herself as she crept closer. She cocked an ear as she noticed a Ryoklein Kuhna was making quite a racket. "Aww," she cooed. "Silly little thing." she said louder than she should've. Realizing this, Heatherdance cringed backwards, making a rock tumble accidentally into the clearing where the party of four stood. Uh oh... she thought.

Heatherdance: (1/5)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 499
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/05/2009 1:33 PM

Daishou nodded his head in greeting to Daishou and Crest, who seemed very intent on catching an Akail. The Kuchi Nagi glanced down at Souretsu, who sat with a hard gaze on his face at the one named Crest, tail swishing irritably. Daishou half wondered why, but his thoughts were broken by the sound of rocks. Before he could even think to react, Souretsu was on his feet letting out a terrible growl and putting his protective stance between Daishou and what-ever had made the noise. Daishou was quite intriged by this, but again pushed it aside to see who had made the noise. Being a natural-born leader, Daishou called out to the hidden beast, wondering half-way if it was an Akail, though he doubted it.

"Who goes there?"

"Yeah! Show yourself!"

Souretsu called after Daishou in a rougher tone, teeth bared in threat and tail thrashing.

(8)(8)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/05/2009 3:15 PM

The pair jumped again as an unexpected interruption sounded when a rock rolled out into the clearing.  Aurora quickly made a grab for Crest, but she wasn't fast enough.

"Akail!" a familiar, anxious voice shouted.  Crest was making his way over to where the rock had landed.

"Not again..." Aurora sighed, quickly running after her brother.  

As Crest made it to the rock, Aurora pounced on him to stop him.  "Crest, not everything is an Akail!" she mewed irate, trying to reason with him.  

He struggled under her, but eventually gave up and began to pout again.  Aurora rolled her eyes and sighed.  She turned her gaze to the spot where the rock had rolled from.  What if it really was an Akail?  

{17} {17}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/05/2009 5:37 PM

Afraid to show herself, Heatherdance said, "Show me you mean no harm," she looked pointedly at Souretsu. "And I will show myself," she said shakily. Just in case they were hostile, she unsheathed her claws, even though she wanted to avoid confrontation at all costs.

Heatherdance: (2/5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/05/2009 10:36 PM

Souretsu kept his protective stance, fur standing on end and teeth bared, ready to shred through 'her', as he know knew from the creature's voice it was a fae.

"Show yourself or else I will harm y-!"

Before he could finish his sentence, Daishou picked Souretsu up by the scruff of his neck and lifted him up face to face with Daishou using only one hand. The Kuchi Nagi had a very displeased look on his face as he glared into the surprised eyes of the Taigra.

"We are not going to fight, Souretsu. She has showed no intent to attack as of yet, so just stay quiet and out of the way."

Souretsu nodded his head slowly and then Daishou set him down. Souretsu slinked behind the Kuchi Nagi and curled up behind him, keeping his body in the shadow of Daishou.

Daishou stood straight and looked in the direction the voice had come from. He held up his hands, showing he had no weapons or any agressive behavior.

"I mean no threat. I do no believe the Kuhna's mean threat either. There is no need to fear for hostility will not be shown. We were just discussing the matter of the Akail."

(9)(9)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/05/2009 11:21 PM

Aurora's ears twitched intently at the sound of a female voice.  'That doesn't sound like any Akail that I've heard described...' she thought to herself, vaguely remembering the stories telling of how vicious and cold the Akail were.

Keeping a firm grip on her brother, Aurora nodded in agreement with Daishou.  "Oh no, no!  I can assure you that we are of no threat whatsoever." Aurora purred warmly.  She looked down at Crest.  "Right?" she mewed strictly.

"Pffft.  Yeah, yeah..." Crest mewed with a sigh.  He struggled free from Aurora's grip and sat next to her, a half-bored, half-frustrated expression painted on his face.

{18} {18}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/06/2009 4:50 PM

After a pause, Heatherdance stepped out of her hiding spot and said, "Very well." She looked at the party of four and remembered something they said. "Akail?" Heatherdance said, interested. "I do believe I've heard that name before. Aren't those the creatures that live here?" she asked, now wanting to know more about them. "If you are looking for one, I might be of service. I know these caverns pretty well, as I explore them often. I could aid you in your search, if you'll have me."

Heatherdance: (3/5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/06/2009 10:21 PM

Daishou nodded his head to the fae as she revealed herself, a bit of reassurance so-to-speak. He listened quietly to her, thinking on what she spoke of.

"I'm sure we could use all the help we can get. I hear Akail are rather hard to come across."

"I can help too!"

Souretsu leaped up, offering his service as well. Deciding to let go of his protective behavior against these three, Souretsu looked over to them.

"Do you guys mind? The more help, the better!"

(10)(10)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone