Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Re: Burning Off That Energy ~ {Akail Hunt - Open}

Postby SkyWolf11 » 05/05/2009 7:15 PM

Aurora flashed a weak smile as she saw that Heather seemed to be alright.  Though, on the inside, she frowned and cursed herself for not having any helping attributes.  The best that she could do would be to be a Kuhna crutch or decoy, something simple of that nature.  She looked at the ground in thought.  'Maybe after I return home, I should start medical training?  Something of that sort...'

She then let her gaze drift up at the sleeping Taigra.  Well, she hoped he was sleeping and not just unconscious.  At least his leg looked better, thanks to Heather.  Surely that would make him more comfotable.  Noticing the clear absence beside her, she looked around for Crest.  Her ears flicked forward as she found him with His'Tror, and they were...whispering?  Hmmm....

Crest dropped his crystal back into his pouch halfheartedly and looked at His'Tror with confusion.  'Why wouldn't he want the others to know of the crystal?'  He flicked his tails randomly.

"I don't think the other's would mind much if you had a crystal too.  We all have one I think.  One more shouldn't mean any different." he spoke softly, copying much how the Gyrraptor was speaking.

He then thought about what he meant.  Did he look scared?  He wasn't aware he had.  "Well, I think I scared my sister something bad a while before hand.  I don't want or like to see her scared."  He frowned and looked back at Aurora with his ears flattened in sadness.

{36} {36}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby Draconial » 05/05/2009 7:25 PM

"Crest, I think they shouldn't know because I found it on the wall. It could be an Akail's, so if they get mad, everyone will blame me. Now do you understand?"His'Tror whispered. He hoped nobody had seen. His tail stiffened, and his feathers perked up. Was that something moving in the darkness? It was probably just a mouse. No big deal. Right? "Do you mind if I stay near you?" His'Tror asked crest. "I think it will be safer if we're closer. I think I saw something move up ahead. It will be an accomplishment if it's an Akai, but it might be angry if it is. You can only understand what a large reptile can do if you are one."
When you can make your own universe... Who needs this one?
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 37
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 05/06/2009 5:46 PM

Crest blinked dumbly at His'Tror, then nodded in understanding - though, truthfully, he still didn't get it.  Just smile and nod, right?  

"It's okay for you to stay with me." he grinned proudly, feeling somewhat important that his presence was wanted.  He then stared hard ahead, looking for the movement that His'Tror had said he'd seen.  Butterflies fluttered in his stomach at the thought of an Akail popping out and confronting them.  That would be so cool!  Well, for Crest it would.  Aurora...eh, not so much.

"I hope an Akail shows!  I really want to see one - if only for a few seconds!" he exclaimed, still trying to keep his voice at a dull roar.  He looked back to see Aurora still eying them suspiciously.

Though she said nothing about it, she was still thinking about it.  Why would they feel the need to whisper?  Surely they weren't forming some sort of reckless plan of action...  'No, couldn't be...' she stared hard at her curious brother.

{37} {37}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 05/06/2009 6:08 PM

"I hope some akail come too, but if they're mad, you and your sister are the only ones who can get them away. I have Heather on my back and Daishou has that Taigra. What happened to him, anyway? I'd like to know." His'Tror was wondering what happened to him. It could have been anything. "Heather, are you okay up there?" He asked over his shoulder. Wow, Craiss was more dangerous than he expected. what would happen next?
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/06/2009 6:13 PM

Heatherdance flicked her tail. "Souretsu was running after a light we saw in the distance and... Fell into a pitfall..." she whispered. "I patched up his leg, but it didn't do as well as I had hoped. So, I probably need to heal it by touch every so often." Suddenly, she noticed a shining aura coming from His'Tror's feathers. "So... You found a crystal?"

Heatherdance: (4/5)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Draconial » 05/06/2009 8:02 PM

"You know? How'd you find out?" His'tror was confused. How could she have found out? Maybe she would know if it was a bad idea to keep it. "Can I keep it? Please?" He hoped he could keep it. Oh, please let me, Heather! I promise I'll be good! (This is only him thinking)
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 05/08/2009 3:51 PM

"Oh, okay." Crest mewed softly.

Aurora followed up behind her brother and brushed her shoulder against his.  He turned to see a questioning stare from deep, violet eyes.

"What were you two just whispering about?" she questioned, keeping a suspicious eye on the younger Kuhna.  

Crest smiled sheepishly and let his tails wag into hers.  It was a show of reassuring between them - they often used it.  "Just...stuff.  Nothing to worry about, sis." he purred.

That ceased to satisfy Aurora.  She wouldn't ask any more questions right now, but she'd keep watch over Crest closely.

{38} {38}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/09/2009 2:27 PM

Heatherdance's eyes softened. "Of course you can keep it. You found it after all," she said. Heather looked at Aurora and Crest. "I assure you, Aurora, these two aren't making any trouble," she said, smiling. Heather looked around, but only saw blackness, other than the dimming torchlight. "Actually, we might be able to put that crystal to good use. It glows brighter than any of ours, so why not make a lantern? That way, the glow would never go out!" She exclaimed. "Oh, and, you would get your crystal back at the end of our journey," she added hastily to His'Tror.

Heatherdance: (5/5) Level up!

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Draconial » 05/09/2009 6:07 PM

Oooo, a lantern. He hadn't thought of that."I guess we could make a lantern. Just, don't break my crystal, please," His'Tror answered. It would be helpful. After all, it was getting darker.

(Just so you know, the gem doesn't glow, it shines. The little light there is is refracted to make it seem like it's lit, because the facets are so shiny. Just so you know :yay: )
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/11/2009 2:07 PM

Daishou walked in silence, still holding the Taigra. The others seemed to be quite busy talking about a gem one of the creatures had found, but the Kuchi Nagi was too focused on the path ahead to get involved with what they spoke of. His eyes stayed sharp so that he could catch any movement of a possible Akail. Suddenly, Souretsu stirred, his body stretching out in the Kuchi Nagi's arms. Daishou stopped and looked at his friend, seeing that the Taigra was waking up.

"Augh... Daishou! You're ok!"

"Yes, Souretsu. We are all okay, but I believe that you are our most concern right now."

"Ah, I'm fine."

Souretsu scrambled out of Daishou's arm and jumped to the ground, careful not to land on or use his injured paw, which felt much better to his surprise than it had before he had went to sleep. The Taigra's tail swished as he looked back to the group, a new member having showed hisself. Eyes narrowed in suspicion and the Taigra took to a defensive posture, ready to protect Daishou if needed. Talking to the Gyrraptor, he spoke.

"Who are you?"

(32)(32)

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Postby Draconial » 05/11/2009 5:31 PM

"His'Tror. Who are you? I never got a name while you were sleeping." What could his name be? And, why was he even here? Why was I here? Millions of questions entered His'Tror's mind as the Taigra woke up. Would he be able to find answers for them all?
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Burning Off That Energy ~ {Akail Hunt - Private}

Postby SkyWolf11 » 05/15/2009 4:31 PM

Aurora nodded to Heatherdance, slightly reassured of her brother's mysterious behavior.  Her ears perked and tuned in as Souretsu stirred.  

She smiled as she saw that he appeared okay, and better than before - thanks to Heatherdance's healing powers.  She turned towards the Taigra and smiled warmly.

"Glad to see you awake and moving.  Feeling any better?" she mewed in a kind, and truly sincere voice.

Crest laughed in relief as he too noticed the now awake Souretsu.  "Welcome back!" he joked.

{39} {39}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 05/24/2009 8:06 PM

((Live!  -revives-  xP  I think we're losing motivation for this hunt D=  If anyone objects to continuing it, it'll be fine by me?  -runs away- ))

Crest turned to Aurora with question shining in his eyes.

"Hey, sis." he half-whispered, not intending for the others to hear.

Aurora looked and him and nodded.  "Yes?"

"I was just wondering, how likely is it to find an Akail?"  His tails wagged playfully, sending his flames scattering.

"I wouldn't think it'd be too likely...I mean, I've heard of quite a few people finding some...but at the same time, they're very scarce."

Crest cocked a brow as a confused look covered his face.  She giggled and shrugged.  "Sorry if that didn't make much sense, but I honestly couldn't say for sure."

{40 = lvl 9} {40 = lvl 9}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 05/24/2009 8:26 PM

"Sorry to intrude, but I think I could increase our chances of finding an Akail. I can speak in a language they understand, and some may come if I ask nicely," His'Tror said. Maybe the key wasn't to find them, but for them to find you. It was very well possible. "Hey, does anybody mind if we take a break? I'm getting a bit sleepy." It was probably getting to be late in the night. Sleep would be very comforting. As he was thinking those toughts, a small click resounded in the cave. Soon, there was another. They were just barely audible, but still noticeable. Also, they seemed to be in a very high frequency. It was a wonder that His'Tror could even hear it. Strangely enough, he didn't think anything of the strange noise.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/24/2009 10:27 PM

"I'm Souretsu.

He looked to Aurora as she spoke to him and gave a warm smile, standing proud to show he was okay.

"I'm doing much better now. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure how it is that I feel so good. I thought for sure my leg would hurt more..."

"That's because Heatherdance helped to heal your leg."

Daishou replied to Souretsu's questioning. Souretsu looked to Heatherdance in surprise and had not been expecting such an act of kindness.

"Well... thank you... Heatherdance. I... can't thank you enough..."

(33,33)

ooc// my apologies for not being able to post... my muse died on me... x.x

A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback