Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Exploring the Craiss Caverns (open to all)

Postby Ninya » 04/12/2009 12:06 PM

Slinky -Sky Slynx

Kahan -Venom Sahound

Slinky slunk through the many tunnels of the Craiss Caverns. Behind him Kahan, the venom sahound trotted happily. She was Slinky's best friend and the almost always traveled together. Slinky paused to listen to something, then started to growl.

"What is it Slinky?" Kahan whispered as she stopped behind him. Whatever it was it could be dangerous and Kahan knew it. Keeping her ears pricked she gently nudged Slinky. "We should keep moving or else we may end up trapping our selves if something decides to attack." Kahan said softly

"I guess your right Kahan lets keep moving." Slinky said quickly and quietly before continuing to walk. "I just hope it isn't dangerous." Slinky mumbles to himself. He continued to lead the through the twisting tunnels and only stopped to look at the markings on the cave walls or listen

"I have this strange feeling like we're being watched Slinky. Do you?"

"Ya just ignore it Kahan and stay close we don't want to get separated in here" Slinky said ominously

"Ya" Kahan whispered sending a sudden shiver down her back. She didn't want to think of what might happen to them if they got seperated
ImageImage
Ninya
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 158
Donate

Re: Exploring the Craiss Caverns (open to all)

Postby Ninya » 04/12/2009 4:08 PM

Slinky and Kahan continued their exploring of Craiss Caverns. The sound and strange feeling was forgotten but that didn't mean they were being carless but neither of them suspected what would happen next

Slinky was now following Kahan, who grew more excited the more they walked. "Hey slow down or we'll be separated" called slinky as Kahan started to disappear around a corner. Suddenly Slinky heard Kahan yelp loudly and the sound of crumbling rocks. Panic set in as he called out "Kahan! Kahan! Are you alright? Kahan say something!"

"I'm ok but be careful there is a good 4ft drop." Kahan replied shakily. She looked around and then got up carefully testing each paw and making sure nothing was broken. She did however have a cut on her front left paw that was starting to bleed but that was about it. "Nothing broken just a small cut on one paw that's all." She called up to slinky

"Thank goodness!" Slinky exclaimed as he jumped down. "I wonder why there is a drop all of a sudden?" He said. "Oh well can you continue walking or do you want to take a break first?" He asked concerned. Slinky knew if the injury was real bad Kahan would prolong continuing till she was sure it was better.
"No we can contiued its fine as long as we dont get into I fight I should be fine." Kahan said standing up. She the shook sending dust scattering from her fur and clouding the air. Coughing she said "Lets get going its a bit dusty right here."

"Gee I wander why." Slinky exclaimed with a laugh berfore they both contiued onward down the tunnel. This time Slinky was in front and Kahan followed
ImageImage
Ninya
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ninya » 04/12/2009 4:45 PM

-A few hours later- Slinky and Kahan are still exploring the cave and are just now realizing they are lost. They know they need to get out but will they be able to find a way?

Slinky was in the front, while his best friend Kahan took up the rear. Slinky had finally come to terms and accepted that they were lost. Stopping he turned to Kahan and asked her "Kahan, Do you know how to get back out of the Craiss Caverns?" He hoped she knew if not they were in trouble.

"Uhhh....No Slinky I was hoping you knew the way out." Kahan said with a nervous laugh. "I guess this means we are lost huh?"

"I'm afraid so Kahan" Slinky replied. "Well its no use wandering aimlessly through her lets stop in the chamber and rest then when we've rested we'll choose a tunnel path to follow ok." Slinky said with a sigh. "I just hope we aren't stuck in here for to long." He muttered under his breath.

"Sure sounds good to me, maybe once we've rested one of us will remember a way out" Kahan exclaimed with hope. She knew it was unlikely but she still couldn't help to think on a more positive side. The chamber and tunnels paths they pass where growing darker and darker. Slinky was no more than 2ft in front of her but all she could she was the pale outline of his fur. Her own bright green spots made her visible in the dark much like Slinky's pale colors did.

"Well here we are the next chamber and look there are four tunnel path to choose from" Slinky said dryly. He was a bit on edge as it seemed it was getting darker the farther they went. He hoped they were headed for the surface and not deeper into the caverns.
ImageImage
Ninya
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ninya » 04/12/2009 5:08 PM

So Kahan and Slinky had fallen asleep. They hoped that they could find their way out. With no one to help them things didn't looks so good. Soon however things would get much worse. Something would happen that would put both of them to the test

Kahan muttered in her sleep twitching and turning. Then suddenly awoke with a shock. Her heart raced and she thought she had heard something. Looking over at Slinky she could see he was still asleep. The feeling of uneasiness was getting worse. Kahan then got up and nudged Slinky before whispering "Slinky. Slinky. Come on get up we should go something isn't right we have to go now."

Slinky growled slightly before rolling over and muttering "Go back to sleep Kahan its just your imagination."

Angry now and with the feeling getting worse. Kahan's desperation grew. She tried again to wake Slinky and when she couldn't she got desperate. With a growl she clamped down on Slinky's tail

Slinky yelped and jumped up. "What was that for!!" he yelled. Then the same feeling Kahan had washed over him. Panic set in to quickly and he yelled "Run!!!". Without thinking he bolted down the second path on the right without looking to see if Kahan followed.

When Slinky yelled run, Kahan bolted however she didn't notice that Slinky had gone down the second tunnel on the right not left. After the feeling left She realized with horror that Slinky wasn't here. In desperation she called out "Slinky! Slinky!" with no luck. "He must have went down the second tunnel on the right not left." She exclaimed in panic. "Well I might as well follow this path, Hopefully I'll fine Slinky

Slinky stopped and looked behind him and his fears were confirmed. Kahan had taken a different route in their panic. He knew Kahan's paw was cut and she couldn't properly defend herself. "Kahan! Kaahaaann!" he yelled hoping she could hear him. When he didn't get a reply he grimly set on in hopes he would find her before someone else did.

This day of exploring had just turned into a game of survival for Slinky and Injured Kahan.Would they both make it out of this alive?
ImageImage
Ninya
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ninya » 04/14/2009 6:45 PM

Kahan and Slinky getting seperated was the least of their worries. Unkown to them, a possible danger lurkes, Following Kaha. While Slinky fights an emotional battle he can't win

/Arrgghh...My paw is bleeding even worse now/ Kahan thought as she continued through the inky darkness. Without Slinky she felt vulnerable. The paw she cut earlier was bleeding profusely again as she had tore open the wound in her madden dash to escape an unknown enemy. Her steps echoed in the cave making her uneasy. She glanced furitively over her shoulder. She was sure someone was following her or was it just her immagination.

Slinky walked grim-faced through the cave. A faint light could be seen in the distance. /The exit??/ Slinky though. Then pain surged through his heart. What if he made it out and poor Kahan didn't. What would he do. Slinky couldn't bear such thoughts. //I'll wait be the fallen tree, we siad if we got seperated we'd go there to wait for each other...She'll make it out/ Slinky thought but even as he did a tear slid down his muzzle. Kahan was like his little sister, he cared alot abgout her. Memories he'd kpt hidden away for so long surged to the surface. /Two  slynxs, A sky slnx obviously the older brother and a glacial slynx the older ones little brother. The two of them running from a serraptor. Then the little one falls. The older brother looks back but panics and keeps going ignoring the others pleas.//. Slinky Foight back a wave of emotion that hit him all of a sudden. He had failed to protect his little brother. His parents never blamed him, he was young himself then but he swore he'd never turn his back to anyone again. He would wait by the fallen tree for Kahan. If she didn't show he would enter the cave again to bring her out.
ImageImage
Ninya
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 04/19/2009 2:30 AM

Hexle
Level: 2

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Sniffing the air, Hexle could have sworn he'd caught a whiff of blood.  /Company?/ he wondered silently, empty eyes skimming what he could of the caverns.  He'd decided to venture from the pen without Pyris, wanting space from the talkative hume.  His sharp eyes focused in the darker areas, keen nose leading the way.  

He'd already trailed fairly deep into the endlessness when he though his ears picked up a faint whine.  "Hello?" he murmured quietly, almost to himself as he crouched a bit lower to the ground.  If push came to shove, maybe he could at least use his traits to escape.  At least, he hoped.  Keeping his tail low, ears perked forward and slinking by the ground, he moved forward, getting closer to the scent with each step.

"If I died today, would you remember me forever?"

"Even if I die...Forever."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 280
Donate

Postby Ninya » 04/20/2009 7:52 PM

Kahans ears pricked to what she thought was a voice. Her eyes weren't suited for the darkness and she had relied on Slinky untill they got seperated. Nervously she said "Is anyone there"? Her paw was still bleeding though it had lessend some. She still had to be careful if she had to make another mad dash it would doubtlessly tear the wound open again. Nervously she turned back around and began to walk. She couldn't see but a foot in front of her so she had to rely on her ears to guide her. Still she swore someone was there. /Maybe I'm just parinoid cause I can't see/ she though.

Slinky had sat for three hours now at the meeting place. He had begun to worry relentlessly about Kahan. /She can defend her self/ a some what angry voice in his head seemed to say./ She isn't a pup even whith her injury she could fight off and attacker or get away so stop worrying/ the voice warned. Growing weary Slinky jumped onto the fallen tree and liad down to rest
ImageImage
Ninya
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 04/21/2009 11:25 PM

Hexle

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Tail swaying as he tried to ignore the restless spirits crawling throughout the darkened caves, Hexle focused on the scent and sounds he'd first picked up.  "Is anyone there?" he heard faintly ahead.  It sounded female, but who was he to judge for sure?  What he could tell, for certain, however, was that the voice was scared.  This meant that it was safe to approach with caution.  Injured, close to my size, probably...Tali or another Draculi...No, a Draculi would be too proud to call out like that..... maybe a Tali...It could be a Sahound...No, they're usually brave, aren't they?  ...I wouldn't know; I've never spoken to one.....Definitely some type of canine, for sure.

"I'm over here.  Can you hear me?" he called out, just a bit louder than before.  Generally, he wasn't interested in interacting with other creatures, but Pyris was always telling him he'd enjoy himself more if he were a bit outgoing.  Even if she didn't think he was listening, he heard her... She could talk forever.  Ears perking to catch any slight sounds the other animal might make.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ninya » 04/27/2009 7:31 PM

Kahan's ears pricked as she heard the voice again. "Ya, who are you I can't really see much down in the caverns. We sahound are better at hearing than seeing." She laughed inspite of herself. "You wouldn't have happened to see a sky slynx would you? He is my friend we kinda got seperated. Though he probably already made it out in which case do you know how to get out of here"? She asked not even sure whom she was talking to, but like it mattered to her. She listened  closly trying to pinpoint exactly where the other was. The darkness that surrounded her made Kahan nervous she wasn't use to being so..so..blind
ImageImage
Ninya
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 04/28/2009 2:07 PM

Hexle

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Tail twitching as Hexle mentally smirked at himself, he focused what little vision he had on his surroundings.  Idly, he wondered why she didn't just smell her way out, but he left it for some other time.  "I think I smelled a slynx at some point further back, but your blood is pretty overpowering," he said simply, listening for the soft sounds of her steps.  He supposed it was unnatural to go out into such a place alone, but he didn't particularly care.  The wings on his back twitched under the very slight breeze.  Really, they weren't so far from the cave entrance.  It felt a lot further than what it actually was.  Faintly, he heard to sound of her paws hitting the stone, so he headed that direction, certain it would be the sahound.

As he felt the cold chill of a spirit's presence near his fur, he glared at the air.  This really hadn't been a good choice for a place to be alone.  Then again, he could understand how simple it would be to get lost and die here.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 09/29/2009 11:21 PM

Hexle

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Pausing to listen once more, he heard no soft, padded feet touching the cool stone of the cavern.  Unsure if he were still with unknown company, he called out, hoping she would hear.  Upon getting nothing, he let a low sigh of irritation before breathing in the air surrounding him.  To his dismay, he smelled nothing; not a hair, or even the potent scent of the Sahound's wound.  Even the faint smell of Slynx he had thought he whiffed was gone from his nose.  However, the lingering taint of blood lay vaguely in the back of his senses.  Not sure how to take this, and unsure as to where the Sahound and her companion may have disappeared to, Hexle thought it best to leave while he was still ahead.  After all, the caverns were a very dangerous place.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 09/29/2009 11:27 PM

Hexle
Level: 3

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

It truly seemed to be hours before the concept draculi was able to find his way out.  He was rather disappointed with himself, considering he'd thought his nose was a very good asset to him.  It appeared, however, that other creatures had much better capacity with their nasal ability.  His paws were raw from continuously hitting the uneven stone, and the day was waning rapidly by the time he reached the path from which he'd initially come.  He was sure Pyris wouldn't question his absence; she never did.  

He wondered idly if she would be upset with him if he had left for a long period of time, but, for whatever reason, he had no doubt she'd be unhappy if he left.  After all, he was the first one to stroll through the gate of fire that guarded Pirrico.  With a tiny bit of amusement, he headed back to what he was slowly beginning to consider his home.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby snowfall » 12/13/2009 10:01 PM

[center]Image[br]Sygriff Purine    Willow nurvous hates out of the ordinary things.
willow trotted down all tunnel. she did not like the underground. stupid turkzilla, chasing her down here.her feathery ear picked up the sound of draculi paws she turn around what if it was dangerous. and maybe the turkzilla was gone
snowfall
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 132
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 01/06/2010 4:52 PM

The yingshee I was chasing ran strait into Craiss Caverns. I folded my wings and walked into the caves. I caught the slightest scent of blood as I walked in. A small ridge triped me and I fell flat on my face. The caves all looked the same. After a few minutes I knew I was lost.

I was just barely keeping myself from going completely crazy. I had only been in the caves for a few hours. I tried to sleep, I just keep waking up because of bad dreams. Whats a Hollowheart to do?
Image Treasure Hollowheart
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 47
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 01/07/2010 2:35 PM

I shouted at the top of my lungs. It echoed throughout the cave. I thought i heard a reply, but it might have only been an echo. I headed further into the cave. Was that footprints I heard?
Image Treasure Hollowheart
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 47
Donate

Next