Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

.::Silent.Warrior::.. [Akail Hunt//Closed]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/12/2009 10:38 PM

..::Masurao the Warrior::..

The carved halls of the caverns were quiet, their story printed on their walls. They didn't need to speak to say what they had seen over many years past. The silence was eerie, dreadfully eeire, an unwelcome eerie. Twap. Twap. Twap. A pattern of sounds started to grow from within the cave walls, thier sound echoing off the silent walls. The lone figure made its way through the queit caverns, head high but not proud. Tails swished back and forth, making a silent rustleing of the fur as they brushed together. This was the only sound of the caves...

The Lucain walked quietly, azure eyes taking in the story these walls had to tell. They were truly amazing, captivating the Lucain, though it did not show on his features. The walls sported cuts and knicks from past tools digging into them; crude paintings of creatures and beasts proved what could live down here... and probably still did; blood stains took thier claim along various parts of the cave, signs of battle evident. The maroon form stopped at a bloodstain on the cave, eyes soaking in the sheer texture of the blood on the wall. Lifting a paw, he placed it on the bloodstain, feeling it beneath his pads. He could almost feel the battle as it took place; the slash of claws, the snap of teeth, moans, growls, roars and snarls, as the bodies clashed, ripping and tearing at each other, and over what? Something foolish... or perhaps, something valent. Eyes dropped from the wall, as did his paw, and the Lucain form looked over the walls, speaking to the silent cave.

"You tell the stories well, old friend... but you cannot tell why or who. Whatever fight has been committed here... may thier souls rest in peace and settle thier dispute..."

~1~

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Re: .::Silent.Warrior::.. [Akail Hunt//Open]

Postby Indigo » 04/19/2009 5:22 PM

(And before I do anything else, I want to say that just from reading that post I can tell you'd make a great writer.)

They weren't quite shadows; there was a little bit of color to them. The one had the glowing fire markings, the other the blue-and purple stripes. And the Shinzo was a little bit lighter than the dark of the cave.

"There are many stories here," whispered Penchant as they walked through the cavern. "A person could spend a lifetime listening to these stories."

Hark nodded. "Yes, but that's not what we're here here for. Maybe someday we can come back, but not today."

Penchant tore himself away from the marks on the walls, already beginning to absorb what they had to say. It was then that he saw the lucain ahead. "Hark, look." He pointed. "Maybe he can tell us something about where we might find an Akail."

Hark had already seen. She nodded. "Okay. Let's go." Then she began to mutter to herself, "Go with the grain. Work the knots into something better. Make sure it comes out okay without trying too hard." Finally, she and Penchant began to follow the Lucain.

{1-1}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/19/2009 9:59 PM

OOC: Why thank you very much. :yay:  I have to say I'm quite flattered.  :D

BIC:

The maroon Lucain searched the walls for a final time, as if expecting them to recount thier stories for him, but when no reply came he started his lonesome walk down the empty hall. Ears soaked in the sounds around him: his footfalls echoing ever-so-lightly against the walls; the dripping of water; a cricket chirping here and there; and then, another set of footfalls. Masurao stopped short, ears pricking to the sound behind him. Was he being followed?

The lupine form turned his head to look over his shoulder, having to shift his body a bit to keep his blades from blocking his view. Ears and eyes worked hand-in-hand to scope out the source, and it didn't take long. A yellow glow came from the darkness, coming towards him. After a moment of uncertain gazing, Masurao discovered that he was being followed by two creatures; of which thier hides greatly constrated, especially the Khuna. Not the one to treat others with hostility, the Lucain waited for them to see what thier intentions were. At first, his decision was to remain silent, but Masurao decided against it, wanting to be a little more open so that they wouldn't have to worry about any fight. Masurao surely did not want a fight, and so he spoke forth in a kind voice.

"Greetings. What brings you to the Caiss Caverns?"

~2~

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 04/19/2009 10:46 PM

Hark paused, looking for histility in the Lucain's voice. She found none. Penchant was a little nervous, but not enough to run. He trusted Hark's judgement; she could pick out a good piece of wood from five identical blocks, after all. Even if they did end up in a fight, it would make a good story.

After a few years (or at least it seemed that way), Hark finally moved. Taking a step forward, she said, "Hello. We, um, we're here looking for an Akail. But we can leave if you want us to..."

{2-2}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/21/2009 10:34 PM

They seemed quite hesitant on answering, but a pateint creature Masurao made, and so he polietly waited for them to muster their courage. It took a few moments, but one of them succeeded. A soft smile carved into the lips of the Lucain, equaled by his soft gaze. He let out a light chuckle at the newcomers, still gazing at them over his shoulder. It seemed they were in search of the elusive Akail, a creature Masurao himself wished to befriend and to have as an ally.

"It seems we all have a common goal. I as well am in search of an Akail, but I certainly would not want you to leave. The more of us here, the greater chance we have of finding one. You are certainly welcome to join me, if you wish."

Leaving the invitation open, Masurao continued his walk down the dark halways, able to see quite well in the dim light. The stories of the walls still captivated his mind, he looking from one wall to the other, reminising on the many stories these walls were telling in such a silent voice. Masurao glanced back to see if the two strangers were following, also in wonder of who they called themselves.

~3~

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/28/2009 9:15 PM

Not knowing if they were following or not, the lupine form continued his silent walk through the caves. They were truely beautiful to him, however, they were shrowded in mystery and question, curiosity that could not be left behind. Azure eyes glowed like fire-flies in the night as the Lucain made his way silently through the caves. Ears pricked to every sound, listening for that elusive Akail. To befriend one would be to befriend an elusive and magnificent beast. Masurao was fascinated by them, having only heard stories and seen pictures of them. He truely did want to see at least one, and the maroon Lucain would surely try his best to befriend him, or her if it would be.

~4~

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 04/28/2009 9:21 PM

ImageSlashImageClash
(Key,Slash=Red,Clash=Orange)
"Hurry,bro,if we want to see an akail,we need to move."
"Alright,alright,jeez.Do you think anyone is down here?"
The pair turned the corner,and saw a shinzo,khuna,and Lucian.
"Hi,our names are Clash and Slash,what are yours?"Slash asked the trio.
Here I lie
Among the rot, and the decay
The ashes and remains of an old life
My mind seems to stay
Though my body is dead and gone,
I ask you now this simple question
Will I forever linger on?
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/28/2009 9:45 PM

Lupine ears pricked once more to a set of more voices. No, this was not an akail. Being the patient and kind brute he was, the Lucain paused his walk, looking over his shoulder at the newcomers. It was two Gyrraptors, both similar in color, however one was a lighter hue than the other, taking on a sunset orange look. The other was more of a crimson color, such as blood red. With a kind, soft smile, the Lucain nodded his head in greeting to the two, showing he had no hostility in mind.

"Pleasure to meet you both, Slash and Clash. My name is Masurao."

Masurao made a dip of his head, like a bow, in greeting to the two newcomers. Never one to be hostile unless provoked, the Lucain made no agressive movements, showing he had no evil intentions. Having been raised with manners, Masurao offered an invitation for the two to join.

"We were to look these caves for the elusive Akail. Would you two care to join us?"

The Lucain's azure eyes flashed to the other two to see if they would object, though he doubted they would. Allowing them to make the decision, Masurao continued his quiet walk through the caverns, returning to his mission, but also keeping a mindful ear back to listen if the others were to strike up a question or be in search of a conversation.

~5~
[Level Up]

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 04/29/2009 8:34 AM

"We were looking for an akail in the first place."the younger brother announced.
"Clash,no duh dip stick.He tends to talk a lot."the older brother snapped at his younger sibling.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/02/2009 9:49 PM

OOC: I was trying to wait for Indigo... but I really want to keep RPing with Masurao. Sorry, Indigo. :/

The lupine tilted his head slightly at the two, assuming that they had taken his offer. To Masurao, they seemed to lack a sense of respect and held a rude manner to them, but Masurao wasn't one to judge and easily held his tongue instead of lashing out. With a nod of his head, the Lucain continued his walk down the quiet caves, azure eyes constantly searching for any threats, dangers or the elusive Akail. In a low voice, so as not to scare away any potential Akail, Masurao spoke.

"We need to stay close. These caves can easily lose a creature... and take thier life."

~6~

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 05/03/2009 6:38 PM

(I actually have other plans for Penchant now, so I'm going to withdraw him and Hark from this. Nothing personal.)

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/03/2009 9:11 PM

ooc// aw... okay. :)

Whether or not they had taken his heed, the Lucain made his way down the lonesome caves, senses working to pick out an Akail. His ears listened for thier sounds; his eyes searched for thier movements; his nose picked for thier scents, taking in some strange scents that he wasn't quite sure about it. Blue eyes drifted from the long cavern to the sides of the wall, reading the story that the caves told. Something very interesting crossed his path and Masurao paused for a moment to study it. Peering closer to the wall, he noticed strange claw marks in the rock. After studying them for a moment, and comparing thier width to his paw, Masurao made the assumption they were Akail. Perhaps some fight had happened here long before he walked through here. A dark spot on the cave, below the claw marks, told the Lucain that blood had been spilled. With a slight sigh, the Lucain continued his walk onward, his quest to find an Akail.

~7~

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 05/03/2009 9:17 PM

Slash saw blood on the wall,then the lucain sighed.It was a real danger down here.Him and his brother had already faced danger before.They were,after all,a pair of hyper gyrraptor brothers,what do you expect.He was being silent now,they were deeper in the cave than ever before.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/03/2009 9:24 PM

Though silence came naturally to him, he knew he was with strangers now and the Lucain did not know how they took to silence. Perhaps now would have been a good time to find out more about his 'companions'. Masurao used the term loosely as he barely knew them, but perhaps that would change as they advanced on their Akail hunt. Following along the cave, Masurao opened his maw to speak to the brothers, keeping his focus on anything that may be going on around them.

"So, why are you interested in seeking out an Akail? Just an adventure?"

The lupine finished with a slight smile, remembering when he was younger, seeking adventures just around the corner of home.

~8~

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 05/04/2009 6:38 AM

ImageZynar

Zynar was a special Bleeder. When His owner found love again, he simply detatched, and became his own, living, breathing , creature. After a long time in these caves, he developed Bioluminescence. Today, he was hunting for some crickets to eat, and he heard something. Claws clicking! Was it an Akail, or some other reptile? He just had to know, so he scampered on down towards the sound.
When you can make your own universe... Who needs this one?
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 37
Donate

Next