Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Akail hunt (me and daemon)

Postby blackfox100 » 04/13/2009 11:26 PM

[center]Image
Blackfox had picked up her duffle bag on the way out of the slums, A.K. on her shoulder she decided to try their luck in Craiss caverns. She hoped A.K. wasn't just bagging about his sting, she had heard Akails were fearsome fighters. Blackfox contemplated on what Akails would have to eat in their dark caves, they followed a stream up to the caves. The stream flowed out of the cave mouth, maybe they ate fish? Well she liked fish at any rate and she was getting hungry, she stopped and opened her duffel. Rummageing around she found her folding fishing rod. She started kicking over rocks looking for bait, gathering sticks for a small fire as she went. W had seen blackfox make fires before so he gathered some sticks as well he made sure they were good dry ones. Finding a good worm, blackfox hooked it and cast, she soon landed a good sized fish. She came over to the stack of wood W had made, surpised she looked at w "good work". She stacked the wood and lit it with a lighter from her duffel, while the fire got going she moved over to the stream to gut the dead fish. Taking her dagger she deftly gutted and scaled it, not taking anymore time than she needed to with the unpleasent task. Sitting near the fire, blackfox cooked the fish on a stick.
blackfox100
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 49
Donate

Re: Akail hunt (me and daemon)

Postby blackfox100 » 04/17/2009 7:00 PM

((Oh, thats fine. Surprised me a little to be confronted with so much info. lol))

Blackfox ate her fish and watched A.K. skitter around, his metal legs on the leaves made a distinct rasping sound. She chewed and swallowed "We can go after I eat", She finshed as much as she wanted and found a large leaf to wrap the rest. Blackfox put out the fire with some water she had and refilled at the stream, she slipped in a few iodine pellets to disinfect it. One can never be too sure she thought, she took a sip and stowed the water in her pack. Over by the mouth of the cave she dug around and produced a head lamp that she put onto W, She found a large heavy duty flashlight for herself. She looked at A.K. "would you like a light?" She had a few smaller lights as well and a good assortment of batteries "There is no telling how long we will be in there". She look out a piece of chalk and drew an arrow on the cave wall, this is how she planned to keep from becoming lost. "Ready?" she waited on A.K. to make the first move.
blackfox100
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby blackfox100 » 04/22/2009 2:29 PM

Blackfox kept the flashlight pointed at the ground at first not wanting to step on A.K. Not so much becasue she was afraid of hurting his as becasue she didn't want to earn herself a painful sting. Watching him skitter back and forth made her dizzy after a little while however, so she started to relax and take in the sights as well as marking with her chalk the way they had come. A.K. may have great navigational software but blackfox was keenly aware that he would leave with little or no notice if it suited him. W buzzed softly behind her taking scans and noteing the physical properties of the cave, It must be nice to be able to extract so much information she mused.

((I didn't forget you, they spring storms in my area has made my sattlite internet a little dicey. The clouds bounce the signal around a bit causeing my internet to go on the fritz.))
blackfox100
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby blackfox100 » 04/29/2009 3:26 PM

Blackfox had lost track of A.K. entirely, she bet he hadn't gone too far tho. She could her the occasional scrap of metal on rock that told her he was still about. He was interesting enough, bent on information gathering for whatever reasons. Some sort of intel scouter for Daemon, she shurged everyone gathers information just by being somewhere she figured it's not like you could stop seeing and hearing.
Her flashlight went across some color all of a sudden, she swang it back and took a look. It was cave paintings "wow" she gasped. Blackfox loved art, being something of a doodler she had a whole pad of drawings in her bag most were horrible or so she thought. One painting was of a large reptile with huge claws and teeth, "you think that is an Akail?" she mused out loud to W. Playing the light on the painting she saw a even larger cystaline beast "whatever that is I hope we don't run into it, I doubt even A.K.'s sting could disable that." She sat on a nearby rock and took out her drawing pad, W bounced over he loved to watch blackfox draw. Getting out a pencil she quickly made rough sketches of both beasts so she wouldn't forget them. Then brushing herself off she got up and contined walking.
blackfox100
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby blackfox100 » 05/05/2009 11:28 AM

Blackfox walked along thoughtfully, she was starting to doubt they would find an Akail. From what she had heard they prey on lost pets but these pets were metal, she was the only creature made of meat present. If they did meet one she hoped to apease its hunger with the large hunk of fish she had saved, she fingered her dagger, if not she would make sure she was hard to swallow. They came across the stream again now, she looked in to find several pale blind fish, and one white pintchered hard-shelled creature. She suddenly giggled, it looked almost like A.K. without the stinger. She wondered if it had his attitude and the giggles became belly laughs and blackfox had to sit down a minute. She recovered and hopped over the stream, continueing down the tunnel weaving around silagemites.
blackfox100
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby blackfox100 » 05/07/2009 11:19 PM

Blackfox scowled at A.K. slightly, so what if she was a bit... distractable? She shrugged and kept walking, they walked a long time without saying anything. They had to backtrack a few times at dead ends making blackfox glad for the chalk marks she was making. She didn't stop or say anything until they came upon some glowing crystals, she pried one out of the wall. "what you suppose makes them glow?" she wondered outload, after a few hundred yards they increased to the point of composing the walls of the tunnel including the floor and ceiling. The glow was pretty bright so blackfox turned off her and W's lights to save on battery, she sat down to catch her breath and take in the sight.
blackfox100
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby blackfox100 » 05/14/2009 11:57 AM

Blackfox was also starting to fear that their hunt would come up empty, sighing she got up and walked on. At this point they had come so far in that she didn't want to backtrack all the way out, caves have to go somewere with she mused. She could feel small air drafts with meant there was at least another opening somewhere in the miles of caverns, plus she was kind of enjoying the sights. She took some bread and cheese out one of her many pockets and nibbles while they walked. She was starting to get a little footsore but changing into her fox form didn't seem to hold any advantage here and many disadvantages, sometimes her fox form allowed her to move about more easily but then she couldn't carry their supplies. Plus the cave was slick making her glad for the rubber soles on her boots. She contined moving and marking their progress with the chalk she didn't want to get lost and waste time going down the same tunnels over and over again. The cave was quite expansive, they came to some caverns that were quite large. The strange glowing crystals were all over lighting the place quite well, she was starting to suspect they were not a natural formation. Blackfox turned on her flashlight were needed, it was begaining to get a little dim, rummaging in her bag she took out a new set of batteries and put them in her pocket for easy access for when needed.
blackfox100
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby blackfox100 » 05/19/2009 12:47 PM

Blackfox jumped when something hit her head but she realized it was A.K. as soon as he started to talk. She twitched an ear at him gently to hear him better. "Get lost" she bemused outloud "how would they know if we are lost or not?" Her chalk was down to a small nub by now, "alright" she pocketed her chalk feeling a few misgivings about the plan but deciding to follow A.K.s idea anyway. Blackfox just hated to lose control, she turned to W "your up, pick us a path." W bounced on the rubber the covered his metal feet and gave him traction in the slick cave. "That one" he pointed to the middle, "ok" blackfox patted his head and they walked down the middle. A.k. still riding on blackfox's head, blackfox would like to pet him just once but she figured he would hate that so she didn't. W liked to be petted but he was a baby as clockworks were concerned, whe wondered if other macanincal creatures liked to be petted. Her mind wondering, she let W get them lost in the massive caves.
blackfox100
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby blackfox100 » 07/01/2009 5:32 PM

Blackfox was getting tired, they had walk for better than a day for sure. Although inside the dark cave all her sense of time was lost. She decided they should stop as her feet were begaining to drag and trip on every little thing. Her flashlight was getting dim again as well, she sat down on the next flat smooth spot she could find on the cold hard cave floor. "going to have to stop for a while" she addressed A.K. "these flesh bodies get tried you know...". She pulled out a sleeping bag and smoothed it out, the only shread of comfort she could come up with in a place like this. Blackfox didn't even take off her boots for fear off all the things that could crawl in them while she was sleeping. Her eyes were already drooping "you two can keep a watch out right?"... she was struggling to stay awake for an answer.
blackfox100
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next