Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Finding the Lost [open]

Postby FWD » 05/03/2009 12:43 AM

((Okay, I'll say this straight out, this is my first time working with a story line-ish/ plot thing. So I'd appreciate it if people would point my errors if they plan on joining! But please don't be too harsh... I'd also appreciate it if this was a private role play thread, but I don't mind if people want to join.))
Story Line: Stumbling along the caverns of Craiss, There are three Serraptor siblings, but... wait... there are only two, One of them, Mercy, has gone missing in the dark, Will you help the other two find their lost sister?
Typhoeus, a cursed Serraptor, stumbled through the darkness... Why were are we here again? he had asked himself that about the fifth time by now today. But then again, was it even the same day that they had entered the caverns or was it already the next day? What made it worse? Their sister Merciless, or Mercy, had gone missing. Who were 'we'? It was him and his older brother Apep (Ah-pep) Unfortunately he even couldn't track her by scent 'cause it has been hours before they found out she had gone missing and her scent had probably gone stale. "Apep?" Typhoeus called out, he hated feeling weak, but his voice showed enough of it to alarm his brother.
"Typh? is something wrong?" Apep answered, his voice filled with worry. Everyone knew that Typhoeus was practically blind at home, but Apep still worried as if Typhoeus was only a hatchling. "Yeah..." There was silence between the two.After what seemed like an eternity, Typhoeus finally spoke "Do you think Mercy is already out of here and laughing her but off?" His voice was dripping with bitterness. Apep shook his head, he knew that Typhoeus wouldn't be able to see it, but he knew that the Typhoeus had excellent hearing, smell, and touch that made up for that. "Of course not! Mercy isn't that kind of Serraptor! We're like a pack, no one gets left behind!" Apep replied, but he was stunned silent with Typh's next answer. "Then where is she?" There was a longer silence between the two as they continued to walk in the caverns, the sounds of their foot steps echoing and Typhoeus's tail draging on the ground. Apep finally sighed, He wondered if anyone else that has ventured in the darkest part of the cavern's tunnels had been caught in this same kind of situation before. He sure hoped that they would find the exit or Mercy soon, and if not either, than at least some kind stranger to point them in the right direction.
[1][1]
ImageImageImageImageImage
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 247
Donate

Re: Finding the Lost [open]

Postby WayaShinzui » 05/13/2009 10:26 PM

An'ei walked slowly through the seemingly endless tunnels, his multicolor markings pulsing dimly. He wasn't quite sure what brought him here, but this looked like a nice place to stay for a while. Being somewhat of a loner, An'ei liked the tunnels for how empty they were. The only problem here was prey. He had to hunt longer to feed himself, though that didn't bug him. Hunting gave him something to do. An'ei stopped, there were new tracks on the ground. He sniffed cautiously, two others had passed by here recently. From the prints he could tell they were reptilian or avian, it was hard to tell sometimes from just footprints. But the smell, it was close to his own scent. An'ei stopped glowing and peeked around a bend in the tunnel. Standing there were two serraptors, one cursed and one imperial. He thought about speaking with them, but perhaps it would be better to wait. An'ei wanted to be carefull.
WayaShinzui
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 125
Donate

Postby FWD » 05/13/2009 11:57 PM

Apep sighed, This was becoming pointless...The more they wandered the more they felt insecure and lost, or to him at least. He knew Typhoeus hate pity. Apep glanced around warily once more before feeling a gaze on him. Glancing around, Apep swore he saw a flash of colors. Unsure he took a glance at Typhoeus. Usually, it was Typhoeus who would sense others before anyone else, after all, with his keen senses. Not wanting to scare  any new comers, if there was any, Apep started a mute mental conversation with his brother.
Typhoeus... Is there anyone nearby?
Typh stared, blankly, straight in his brother's eyes. Apep suppressed a shiver crawling up him, sometimes, it was just so hard to tell whether Typh was truly blind. But a slight nod gave Apep full alarm as he watched the walls warily. Enemy or foe? Sometimes Apep wished that his own brother had required the ability to speak through minds as well. Typhoeus's head started turning to a direction and Apep's gaze soon followed. Seeing that there was no one there, He came to conclusion that this one was hiding. First their sister, but now a stranger? What if this one had seen her? What if this one knows the way out? The only way of finding out was to ask, and noticing that he or she had not spoken or his brother for that matter, he decided to go first. "Who is there?" Apep said with a bit of an edge to his voice, he wasn't trying to be hostile, but getting lost in a tunnel for a time can really do something to you. In any case, Apep was really curious on whoever it was.
Typhoeus was aware that there was a gaze on them when he heard a sniffing sound that wasn't near him or where his brother was. Typh was also aware of his hackles rising as well as his brother's suspicion. Whoever this was, they did not seem to want to be found. They were, after all, being silent and watching them, but that alone can make the two go into alarm. Feeling a growl making his way to his throat, Typh pushed hard and suppressed it down, if this stranger could help them, it wouldn't help to be unfriendly towards them. When Answering his brother's questions that were spoken in thought, Typh flinched at the sound of Apep's voice. It had been a time before any of them spoken, well... after a time after that conversation.
[2][2]
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby WayaShinzui » 05/14/2009 12:19 AM

An'ei watched curiously, the other two seemed to be....communicating? He wasn't sure how. An'ei froze when they both turned to look directly at him. The imperial spoke and he knew that he had been caught. For a moment An'ei considered slowly backing away, but something held him in place. He slowly poked his head out from his hiding place and his markings glowed a dim, calming blue. "An'ei....I mean no harm." he spoke quietly. An'ei moved fully from the shadows of the dark tunnel. He was careful to walk slowly, no sudden movements. Wouldn't want to get in a fight, two to one didn't sound like much fun. "I'm sorry for sneaking....I was being cautious." The other two seemed to be on edge and it made him nervous. "Are you two lost?" An'ei was tense as he waited for their reaction.
WayaShinzui
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 05/14/2009 9:32 AM

Apep Calmed. It was nice that the stranger meant no harm, but it was better safe then sorry. Pawing the ground once quietly, he signaled Typhoeus to stepped back. "Yes, we are lost, and it seems we have..." Apep hesitated, was it right to share problems with strangers? Typhoeus, on the other hand didn't seem to care, seeing that his eyes were staring blankly past the other Serraptor. "...also lost a sister of ours. Her name is... Mercy and she is a... Chaos Serraptor" Apep finished quietly. Apep was a peaceful type, but his brother and sister were both the aggressive, it was hard to calm them, but Typhoeus didn't seemed to have been provoked.  Or so he hoped. If this Serraptor could help them find their sister, it would be nice, but there was also the chance what Typh had said was correct. She could be out and laughing at her pitiful lost brothers, but it just didn't seem like her.
Typhoeussuppressed the urges when feeling another growl. He was at his limit. But temperamental as he was, he stepped back at the sound of Apep's pawing. It was a sign for him to step back and let his brother do the work, but also the sign not to attack. There was tension in the cave, and it was weighing them down. But his alarm went up once more hearing his brother speak about their problems. Typh did not like that. He didn't like that at all. Silently, he breathed in once and let it go. This was truly a problem, if they lost their resolution because of his temper, He knew he would never hear the end of it.
[3][3]
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby WayaShinzui » 05/14/2009 6:26 PM

An'ei listened carefully as the imperial explained their situation. "I haven't seen any others around here, sorry." He looked over at the cursed serraptor out of the corner of his eyes. The imperial seemed fine, but the cursed was making him nervous. It didn't look too happy. An'ei set his attention back on the imperial. "My name is An'ei. Maybe I could help you find your lost sister?" he offered, taking a tiny step away from the cursed. "I can track. Her scent could be gone, depending on how long she's been missing........but there is no wind in here to blow away tracks." An'ei tried to force himself to relax a bit, they didn't seem to want to hurt him. And he certainly wasn't going to attack them. He wanted to run, to get away and be by himself again, but An'ei stayed. An'ei loved being by himself, but these two needed help. It's not like he had anything else he had to do.
WayaShinzui
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 05/14/2009 9:45 PM

Apep smiled sadly. "Our names are Apep and my younger brother there is Typhoeus. True there may be no wind, but I'm afraid that our vision is not keen to see tracks. You see, our sister was the one who could see in the dark best and we have left her presence for a while now." Apep sighed inwardly. "But it's worth the try, maybe Typhoeus would be able to remember the way we went through then you can pick up our sister's tracks, how about it Typh?" Apep asked. Maybe, just maybe, if they could share their beneficial traits, they might be able to get out and find their sister. Typh was silent, but only for a brief moment before replying. "I can try, but it was a while before we got separated and were wandering, but I can just barely remember it..." Typh's voice was tense, anyone could've noticed that, but Apep was satisfied that his brother could keep his temper. He wasn't about to push his luck by correcting and lecturing him, especially in front of another Serraptor.
Typhoeus silently traced all of thoughts of the twists and turns they had made. He also made the note of all the scents he had smelled when walking. There was nothing else to do if you were blind and couldn't enjoy the scenery or the solitary. Finally he nodded, he could vaguely remember it, but if there were any mistakes, An'ei can point out that it weren't their tracks, or so he hoped. Repeating his thoughts out loud, Typh stiffly turned and headed south, pausing when reaching a fork in the road. He waited for the rest to follow and took a deep breath, they had taken the left. But he wanted to make sure, the pebbles' texture underneath did feel familiar, but it was better safe then sorry. He gave a side glance over his shoulder when he heard footsteps of his brother following. He waited for the other one... An'ei, wasn't it? Even though he doubted the Serraptor, they were going to trust each other, like it or not.
Apep

Apep sighed once more but let it loose physically. "I better catch up to him before he leaves us, I apologize for dragging you along. I don't recall you agreeing to this plan." Apep said quite quickly before leaving the Serraptor and to his kin's scent. He hoped that no trouble will break out from this. It would be good to have their sister back. It was also a relief on having another person for company then only his brother.
[4][4]
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby WayaShinzui » 05/15/2009 12:42 AM

An'ei tilted his head and listened. Sounded like a good plan to him. He watched Typhoeus sniff around and pick a direction. An'ei walked up near him and sniffed around himself. This was the way they had come. "I can see well in the dark as well. This looks like the right way. I followed you two from here." An'ei looked down the long tunnel, it was then that a light bulb flashed in his head. "I've got an idea." An'ei's markings began to glow a brighter white, giving them a small amount of light to see with. "It's not much, but it's the best I can do...." He followed the other two into the tunnel. As An'ei followed, he wondered again what he was doing here. But he couldn't leave now. When he thought about it, An'ei hadn't had a good adventure in a while, so maybe this would be fun.
WayaShinzui
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 05/15/2009 9:43 AM

Typhoeus heard An'ei sniff and nodded when he heard his approval. At least it was the right direction. Feeling a small glowing warmth near An'ei, Typh shot a quick glance at his brother. It was what he usually did to say: 'Explain. Now.' The warmth felt dim, like one from a flashlight, not a strong light source like a sun, but still a light source. Not really saying anything else, since Typh still had not idea what the warmth was, he continued on into the tunnel, in the back he heard his brother start an conversation, otherwise thanking An'ei for something. Stopping occasionally for brief seconds. He finally halted when he reached another fork in the road, otherwise it meant that the tunnel split in three ways. "An'ei,this is where my memory gets fuzzy...". Typhoeus explained, signaling him to take the lead.
Apep smiled gratefully at the biolune Serraptor. "Thanks, that's much better."The light from An'ei was very helpful, now that Apep could see his surroundings, it just made him more curious on how deep these tunnels are. Following his brother, he saw the quick glance Typh shot at him, but Apep couldn't tell if it was his imagination and decided to ignore it. He really didn't want to leave Typh in the dark, but he knew his brother would snap at him if Typh already knew what it was. Whenever Typhoeus would pause, Apep would glance at An'ei, wondering when he would take the lead. But his brother still continued once in a few seconds. When he paused again where the cave started to split into three ways, Apep blinked at his brother's words. His memory fuzzy? How was that possible?  Last time he checked, Typh had the best memory of the three siblings. I guess it's just the caves that are playing with us and our minds... He silently thought. The problem was, that thanks to his thought-speech power, he had subconsciously sent the thought to a random person/pet/animal/thing.
[5][5]
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby WayaShinzui » 05/16/2009 12:50 AM

An'ei nodded to Typhoeus and walked slowly up to the three-way. He began sniffing around the room, pausing at each of the tunnels and checking the ground carefully. The left tunnel had no serraptor scents or tracks. But the other two, there were tracks coming from the middle and going into the right. He gave the tunnels one last check before turning to the other two. "It looks like we came from that one," he said, pointing at the middle tunnel. "And there are reptilian tracks going into that one." An'ei pointed down the tunnel on the right. "The scent seems to also be reptile as well, but it's hard to tell....." He looked down at the ground and frowned, thinking. After a minute or so, An'ei looked back up at the other two. "The way I see it, we can try the right tunnel and hope it's her. Or, we can try and get outside and see if she made it."
WayaShinzui
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 05/16/2009 1:30 AM

Typhoeus paused. He heard An'ei shuffling around and sniffing, but he couldn't tell where he was pointing. He could tell where An'ei stood, but never the direction without anyone leading him towards it. He blinked at An'ei, he didn't want to admit his weakness, and he didn't care if his brother did it for him. He was just too prideful. But still, another reptilian? was it their sister? or had she truly left the caves? Apep suddenly brushed against Typh's pelt, making him jump. He was too deep in thought to have noticed his brother's presence. Nodding silently, he let Apep lead him to the right cave. They took one or two steps before they glanced at each other. Should they find the way out? Or take the risk? Apep nodded "I think we should try the right tunnel." he finally spoke. "If that is alright with you." Plus, I forgot to mention this,but my brother is... blind, please do not mention this to him but he may have trouble on which way. Apep added silently, directed to An'ei. He led his brother to the right tunnel where they both sniffed once. The scents were just too mixed and stale to tell what had passed through. Apep couldn't but notice the scowl on Typh's facial features. Was there something wrong? "I'm sorry, I just can't remember the way, The terrain is unfamiliar to me, I think something must have passed through here to make it like that..." Typh finally admitted, and it was soon followed with a sigh. "You'll need to lead An'ei, I'll let you know when I can remember something or any landmarks."
[1][1]
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby WayaShinzui » 05/17/2009 9:52 PM

An'ei nodded, right it is. He was about to take the lead when he heard a voice in his head. An'ei froze and turned to look at Apep. How did he do that? An'ei nodded once and turned back to the tunnel. "Alright, stay close then. You never know what could be lurking around here...." He walked down the tunnel, keeping his nose to the ground and watching for signs of other creatures. The tunnel seemed to stretch on for ages. Occasionally An'ei would see a side tunnel, but the tracks continued on in a straight line. He stopped after a while to stand up and stretch his back. Then he kept going down the tunnel. An'ei wasn't watching ahead of him and ran into a stone wall. He staggered backwards a couple steps and looked up. The roof of the cave had fallen in, but there seemed to be a hole at the top. An'ei looked back at the other two. "What should we do?"
WayaShinzui
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 05/19/2009 12:13 AM

Apep blinked, he wasn't expecting this. To busy wondering, he didn't notice An'ei's questioning gaze. "Typh, There's a wall of rock here and a hole at the top, did we pass anything like this before?" He questioned his brother. Something about this area was raising his hackles, he glanced around once before focusing once more at the wall. He didn't want to doubt An'ei's skills, but something about this area was... eerie. Shaking it off once more, he glanced at An'ei. "Are there any claw markings on the wall? The lighting of that hole up there is weakening my vision focus."
Typhoeus froze. Dead end? This place was a bit unfamiliar to him as well... "Maybe the terrain was changed and the cave's structure got too weathered and collapsed" he whispered to himself, not really caring if anyone heard. "Unfortunately, This area isn't recognizable, brother." He said in a louder tone. He walked forward to sniff the wall, he couldn't see, but he could feel textures and scent things. Slowly he lowered his head and sniffed, moving his sensitive paws around, searching for a sign that they had been here. Feeling a gaze on him, he lifted his head pointing to where ever the 'thing' was. But seemingly, nothing seemed to be there. No sounds of breathing, scent or anything for that matter. Was it only paranoia? Shrugging it off, but knowing that he'll regret it, he continued to search the wall for clues, hoping that An'ei will join in and find something. He wanted to be out of this certain tunnel, it just felt... strange. Not familiar but the old scents of them passing by were just barely here.
[2][2]
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby WayaShinzui » 05/19/2009 1:17 AM

An'ei looked up the wall thoughtfully, then began to climb up. When he reached the top he sniffed around and checked the rocks. "There seems to be a couple sets of claw marks up here. As well as several scents." He looked at the hole, the light coming through it seemed blinding compared to the darkness in the tunnels. An'ei poked his head through and squinted against the harsh light. Once his eyes adjusted, he looked around. It looked like a small flat area of rock and earth, but An'ei couldn't tell if anything was there. He pulled his head back in and turned to the others. "It leads to outside. C...." An'ei froze. He thought he had seen something else in the tunnel, but it could just be his eyes playing tricks on him. "Come and look."
WayaShinzui
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 05/19/2009 9:36 AM

Apep nodded, and climbed up, leaving Tyhpoeus down below. wait right there he silently ordered. Appearing next to An'ei, he sniffed at the claw marks before peering into the light hole. He squinted to adjust to the light, but he calmed. It was a clearing, mostly, but it was still outside, where the sun was. He froze. Did that mean Mercy had really left them in a cave and was laughing? He didn't know, and didn't want to. Again, he sniffed at the marks when pushing his head back in to the tunnel. They didn't seem like theirs, and he couldn't recall of entering the tunnels in such manner of climbing, but his memory was vague, he just couldn't remember. He felt the 'thing's' presence once more, but before he could look around for it, it left. Something must be wrong with him, ghosts? no, he didn't believe in such things.
Tyhpoeus heard hesitation in An'ei's voice, hearing how he paused. Had he seen the 'thing' as well? But whatever it was, it had disappeared into the shadows.  He waited as Apep and An'ei climbed and checked the area of the wall. How big was this hole anyway? Was it large enough for a Serraptor to come through? Or large enough for predators? Typh inwardly sighed. This wasn't going to be easy at all. He perked at the feeling of being watched,but calmed when it disappeared. He really didn't care if Merciless decided to leave her brothers here to laugh at them, but didn't like the fact of this 'presence' here. It might be her, playing tricks, but he knew that she wasn't this skilled. He wondered if this 'thing' would come out and attack them if they left the tunnels, with such small space in the area, it would've been smart not to. He just hoped this 'thing' was not a foe, because that would be a problem if not.
[3][3]
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next