Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Re: Finding the Lost [open]

Postby WayaShinzui » 05/20/2009 9:56 AM

An'ei frowned. "Maybe I missed something. She could have gone down one of the side paths." He poked around the opening a bit more. Maybe he could just fit through, but An'ei didn't want to try it. Something very quiet echoed through the tunnels, like a tiny pebble falling to the floor. An'ei's eyes were wide as he searched the ceiling. Whatever it was seemed to be gone now, or just hiding. An'ei turned to look at Apep. "Perhaps we should get away from here.....quickly." He didn't want to find out what was stalking them. An'ei climbed back down the wall and waited for Apep to come down too. He heard something again, but this time more like claws on rock. An'ei backed away from the walls and searched the ceiling.
WayaShinzui
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 125
Donate

Postby FWD » 05/20/2009 10:26 AM

Apep climbed down besides An'ei and bristled as a pebble landed in front of him. "Agreed,let's leave and try to head back to the other tunnels... and along the way, we might lose whatever is following us." He planned quickly. There were hisses echoing throughout the tunnels, and Apep perked at the sounds. One of them was somewhat...familiar... and interesting. He saw An'ei search the ceiling, but that didn't seem like a bright idea when the 'thing' wanted to be hidden. But there was definitely something here. "Come on now, quickly" he nudged the Serraptor a bit, but realized his brother was still there a few feet away from them Typhoeus, Turn around and head straight, and turn right at the next exit tunnel you see. he silently ordered. Apep  glanced at the ceiling as well, before following his brother and hoping An'ei was following him.
Typhoeus heard scrabbling sounds of rock and claws. He also flinched when hearing the hissing noises, but they were echoing and he couldn't trace them anywhere. 'Most likely from another tunnel' he thought. He followed Apep's 'mental' orders as he pondered over whatever was there. Maybe they had intruded in another's den. But this creature's presence was slightly disturbing. But there was also another factor, the hisses sounded familiar, but the hisses and this creature didn't seem to fit each other. Maybe Mercy was the one who was hissing, but the echoes were definitely from another tunnel. He panicked at the thought if this creature was following them, but he had to stay calm. If not, chaos in his mind would break loose.
[4][4]
ImageImageImageImageImage
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 247
Donate

Postby WayaShinzui » 05/22/2009 3:31 AM

An'ei followed the others into the other tunnel as silently as possible. He dimmed his markings until they were no longer glowing. "Sorry, but I don't want to give us away." he whispered. An'ei could feel his heart pounding and a surge of adrenalin. As they walked, he could swear the sounds were getting louder. Although it could just be him freaking himself out. A faint scent entered his nostrils. It wasn't much, just a whiff. An'ei stopped and began sniffing around. "Another scent, reptilian.....some claw marks.........." he quietly told the other two. An'ei stopped over some of the claw marks. "Come look, they are the same as the ones around the hole. Maybe we should go another way?......."
WayaShinzui
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 05/22/2009 10:11 AM

Apep froze. Same marks? It was better safe then sorry... but. Apep sighed inwardly and nodded. "We should, but which way?" He doubted Typhoeus would be able to remember the way now, due to that incident. He also wanted to ask his brother about the hissing noises they had heard. Due to the lack of light, Apep couldn't see An'ei well, but he knew the reason. He hoped that he could follow either Typh or An'ei's scent, though he doubted he could as well as his brother. Slowly and cautiously, Apep made his way where An'ei scent was strongest, hoping he was there.
Typhoeus thought hard. Same claw marks as the wall? Was this'thing' stalking them? Or was it another creature of the same species? Sighing quietly he padded over to An'ei, hoping his brother could make it without his help. Apep made decisions around the siblings, since he was oldest and the strongest. He came up besides An'ei and sniffed. It did smell reptilian, but... something seemed off, he couldn't tell if this was stale or new. 'The caves are messing up my senses' he silently told himself. But the richness of the scent would tell them if they should leave or not. "An'ei... is this scent new or old? I can't tell, I've never tracked anyone before that I don't know..." Typh whispered softly, making sure his brother wouldn't hear. He knew that Apep would want to leave away from the threat, but there was a possibility that the creature had made these tracks long ago. He mentally sighed once more, he was thinking to much into this again...
[5][5]
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 05/24/2009 7:14 AM

Image Morloth

Bartok

Click........Looking for your sister, Eh? Click............Maybe I could Help! Bartok had heard the Serraptors' conversation about losing a Chaos Serraptor, and thought his echolocation could help. Click.............The sound of fluttering wings floated to the Serraptors. Click............A few clicks too.....Click............."G'Day, Mate!" Bartok popped his head out in front of them, from inside the tunnel.  Oooh, this is going to be good.........Click!
When you can make your own universe... Who needs this one?
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 37
Donate

Postby FWD » 05/24/2009 7:29 AM

Apep slightly jumped at the sound of the new voice. Due to his lack of vision, He couldn't see or locate the newcomer. There also seemed to be an accent of some sort coming from this creature, he also seemed friendly. But Apep also had to be on guard, Always be wary of strangers, even if they seem friendly...at first. "Hi...?" he said cautiously. He silently pawed the ground twice, signaling his brother again. He swore he heard a sigh. But he didn't want any unwanted trouble.
Typhoeus heard slight clicking sounds. It was small and very hard to detect. It was good that the cave was mostly quiet, if there was only a single small sound, it would surely overlap the small, yet interesting, continuous noise. He felt Apep shift in the earth uncomfortably at the sound of the new voice, and he himself was put on guard. He sighed softly when he heard the two pawing sounds on the ground. He was wary as well, but seeing that his brother was in charge now, he had no point in paying attention. He glanced at An'ei, hoping he would answer the question while Apep spoke to the unknown newcomer. Silently Typh took another whiff of the tracks and silently growled at himself, he still couldn't tell from the old or new, there were too many old stale scents overlapping the main focusing scent.
[1][1]
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 05/24/2009 7:41 AM

Click..........."A little birdie told me that you need help findin' your sister. Mind if I help? This echolocation here makes it easy to find things in the dark. Plus, I've got a great sense of smell of smell and hearing. So, what do you say?" Finding a Serraptor in Craiss Caverns! Click.........This should be fun!
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby WayaShinzui » 05/27/2009 1:22 AM

An'ei sniffed again, very carefully. "It seems pretty new, but it can be hard to tell in these caves. Not many animals or any wind to wipe away the scent. Though, in some places there's water." He walked both ways along the tunnel a few paces, nose to the ground. An'ei was at a loss, he didn't really know what to do. He jumped when he heard another voice. An'ei spun around to see the others talking to some sort of bat. A native perhaps? He walked back over to the others. Maybe it was somewhat safe.... An'ei's markings glowed a little brighter for the others. He frowned at the strange clicking sound. "Er...hi." An'ei was a bit confused. Where had this little bat come from? He hadn't scented it or seen it..... "If it's alright with them I guess you can help....." An'ei was bit surprised with himself, usually he let others speak first. Maybe it was because they hadn't said much yet.....
WayaShinzui
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 05/27/2009 5:58 AM

'Well, she's not in here," Bartok said in a matter-of-factly voice. "I'll bet you a candy corn that she's back there somewhere," He said, pointing to a tunnel to the left, "But blimey, that one's deep!"
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 05/27/2009 9:23 AM

Apep glanced at An'ei and nodded. Yes, he was quiet, but he was never a nice talker when on caution, especially when about his sister. He didn't trust himself. "I guess you could lead us..." Apep said hesitantly. People don't just come up and ask you to follow them, unless it was a trap, but this was also a great chance to find a friend. He heard footsteps and saw that Typhoeus was already making his way to the tunnel that the Marloth pointed out. He raised his brow questioningly. "Forgive my brother's rudeness, his name is Typhoeus and mine is Apep" He soon added in a soft whisper as he followed his brother.
Typhoeus didn't trust the animal that was speaking. He never did trust newcomers. He heard the direction of clicks when the animal pointed at a direction. The scent of the animal was a Marloth, or so he assumed. He made his way to the tunnel and turned his head toward his brother. The fact that Apep had accepted the Marloth's help didn't ease him at all. "Well then, would you care to take the front?" he said, restraining to hiss. He heard his name in a whisper from his brother. He sighed inwardly, why was Apep always like this?
[2][2]
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 05/27/2009 8:00 PM

"Why not? Echolocation would work better at the front. See? Click........" These reptiles didn't seem to trust him, but they would in time.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby WayaShinzui » 06/02/2009 10:07 PM

(Sorry I took so long. Having computer troubles x.x)

An'ei nodded and followed Typhoeus over to the tunnel and waited. He looked up at the bat. "I'm An'ei....." He looked over at Apep. "Do you need more light? Or should I keep it down?" An'ei wasn't sure if the creature was still around, but he knew the others couldn't see well in the dark tunnels. While waiting, An'ei looked down the tunnel the bat had pointed out. It seemed pretty empty, but it turned off to the right and seemed to head down. An'ei frowned. He had heard rumors of tunnels that went all the way to the liquid rocks deep beneath the ground. An'ei took a step forward and sniffed the air in the tunnel. He couldn't smell anything bad, but they would have to be careful....
WayaShinzui
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 06/03/2009 5:38 PM

" Nah, I've got echolocation! That's waaayy better than light, if you ask me!" This was going to be fun. Very, very, fun.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 06/03/2009 10:15 PM

(I wouldn't mind much, though I rather have you not, but when you find an opening to squeeze your character in, I suggest you use the chance as fast as possible before it's taken away by another post that changes it. Sorry for the in-responsiveness lately, Stressful things in reality recently, eh?)
Apep shook his head. "You have echolocation, I have nothing" He nodded to An'ei. "I would like for there to be light, if you may" he added.  With that, He stepped inside the open mouth of the new tunnel and began making his way through. Pausing only after 4 steps for the others to follow, or at least when someone else can lead, he was clearly at the disadvantage. No sight, no hearing, just plain darkness.
Typhoeus shrugged, echolocation, light, it didn't matter to him, he couldn't see, after all. He could hear excitement in the bat creature's voice, and he couldn't help but wonder. "By the way, Morloth, care to introduce yourself? We still don't know your name but you do know ours, and I wouldn't like to call the one leading us Morloth forever" Typh spoke as his brother entered the tunnels. He waited for the reply as a thought entered his head. If the Morloths used echolocation, maybe they could use that information to their advantage. Mainly it would help his brother, if the Serraptor could practice enough, maybe me wouldn't crash into anything. But he banished the thought, the wouldn't have enough time to practice and once they found the missing sister, they would have to leave in to the daylight, where Apep could finally see, as where Typh could not. He mentally sighed, still waiting for the bat's answer.
[3][3]
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 06/04/2009 6:43 AM

"My name is Bartok. I've been in these caves for a long time, and they're like home to me. Of course, I haven't gone through all the tunnels, or found a Hunter city. Still, I think I could, I just haven't yet," Bartok replied. His ear twitched, and he saw a reptillian figure deep in the cave, outlined with quicksilver. Click! It was moving towards them....... But what was it? "You might wanna stay on guard.......Something is coming!"
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext