Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Re: Terror Lake {Open Akail Hunt}

Postby Draconial » 06/10/2009 8:57 AM

A blood-chilling shriek filled the air. Smoke floated out from the tunnel, and Kroc'Tor dashed back. The smell of burnt fish wafted to Depth Charge. Kroc'Tor moaned, a soft, pitiful noise. A charred, snake-like creature slithered out of the smoking tunnel and plopped down at his feet. He piucked it up, ran to the nearest spring, and set it into there. The clear, warm water became cloudy with ash. He fitered this some by straining it through some seaweed.
When you can make your own universe... Who needs this one?
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 37
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 06/10/2009 9:08 AM

" Ohh, that one packed a punch. Pin must have gotten stuck on a rock.I'll go get the other one. " said Depth charge as he ran to snag up the other grenade. He noticed this ones pin was gone to. " Fire in the hole! " Depth charge yelled as he tossed the grenade back. It exploded in seconds, hiting him with a searing heat. He landed about 25 feet away. He was outcold and burned, yet he was still breathing. He was a fighter his owner always told him. He layed there, not moving. Maybe today was his day.
Here I lie
Among the rot, and the decay
The ashes and remains of an old life
My mind seems to stay
Though my body is dead and gone,
I ask you now this simple question
Will I forever linger on?
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Draconial » 06/10/2009 9:15 AM

Kroc'Tor heard another boom, and turned around. He saw Depth Charge, and his mind started racing. What if the other explosives he carried went off? Then there would be no saving him. He scooped up some water in his tail and dumped it over Depth Charge. Wow, to think that all of this started with hunting for dinner. He checked for all of the explosives, and saw that the depth charge had a timer built in, and it was ticking away. He couldn't read numbers, but he knew he didn't have much time. Kroc'Tor picked it up and threw it down a tunnel. He heard a few clicks, then a beep.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 06/10/2009 9:21 AM

" Kroc'tor no! " Depth charge yelled as Kroc'tor threw his main explosive down the cave. It was m,ent for underwater use. It had to be extremely strong. On lands you mayas well be playing with a time bomb set to go off in 5 seconds. He grabbed Kroc'to and the gorgeel and ran. The adrenaline kicked in and he rocketed down the cave, away from the bomb. If he could just get back to Kroc'tor's lake they would be safe. He found the entrance, tossed in his freinds and was thrown into the wall by the explosion. His ribs were cracked and his arm broken. He landed in the wat face first and floated. No bubbles. He wasnent breathing. He wasnent dead either, just knocked so hard he was put into a comatose state.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Draconial » 06/10/2009 9:28 AM

Kroc'tor all of a sudden could feel the future. Out of nowhere, he transformed, and grabbed the other two creatures. He started to fly away, but wasn't fast enough. Kroc'Tor saw the flameas coming, and curled around the Gorgeel. They landed in his lake somehow, and the Gorgeel went limp. He let it go, and was relieved to see that its gills were moving. When he looked at Depth charge, not so lucky. He dragged Depth Charge to lnd, and set him on a bed of seaweed. Kroc'Tor crawled back to the water, and swan to the center of it. He tried to keep watch over the two wounded creatures, but soon blacked out.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 06/10/2009 9:36 AM

Depth charge had been trained for this. He had been put through simulations but they were nothing like the real thing. He lay, unconcious, on a bed of seaweed. A drip of blood was coming from his arm. Water fell from the stalagtites above. If only Zynar was there. His cousins couldnt help. A large drop fell on his face. It was just enough to wake him up. He crawled to the water and swam over to Kroc'tor. They were easy targets for akails right now. If he could just reach his poket knife on the belt he had on his chest, he might be able to prtoect the three of them.He still had two grenades. Just enough to make a rocket. He could launch it out and hopefully some one would find it and help.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Draconial » 06/10/2009 9:56 AM

After a few minutes, Kroc'Tor woke up to a scratching sound. His eyes snapped open, and he checked on the two sleeping creatures. Both were fine. So what was the noise? He rocketed to shore in case it was an Akail. When he checked the horizon, he saw nothing. A small peep resounded behind him. Zynar! The little Bleeder jumped onto Kroc'Tor's shoulder and asked what was wrong with the other two, but he already knew that there was an explosion. 'For now, nothing. Nobody can tell the future, though." Kroc'Tor hissed.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 06/10/2009 10:03 AM

Depth charge was trying to sleep but Zynar was here. Depth got up slowly. It was extremely painful but he was trained to love the pain.He stoood up all the way but fell so he grabbed a nice sized piece of driftwoo and used it as a cane. " Are you all right Kroc'tor? It's all my fault. If I hadnent rolled those grenades we would nevr have even been here. " Depth told Koc'tor. He had to use his right arm because his left was brocken. That depth charge was as powerfull as a concussion canon on land. They were lucky they survived. Depth charged asked Kroc'tor if he would help make the rocket since Depth charge was injured." Kroc'tor, I need your help. I'm going to build a rocket that will hopefully be found so some one will rescue us, but my arm is broken. " Depth said. He took a piece of paper out of his belt and wrote " Help! " on it. He put it in a tube .
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Draconial » 06/19/2009 8:24 PM

A..... rocket. How would he be able to do that? He barely grasped the concept of a rocket. He just knew that it was a big stick that flew and went boom. Oh well, he could try his best anyway. Kroc'Tor grabbed a few pieces of shrapnel from the water, and set them on the ground. He also got the bottle with the message, and a few strands of seaweed. He put the bottle in between the two pieces of metal and wrapped it in the seaweed. Then, he stuck another strand of seaweed in the bottom, and set it down. Kroc'Tor started scraping his claws on the stone floor, until he got a spark. He then got the wick to light, and threw his contraption into the air, the curled ino a ball. Nothing happened, exept for the splash of the bottle landing in the lake.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 06/19/2009 9:54 PM

Depth wen't and got the contraption. " Kroc'tor, I need you to find some string. I'll try and work on it. " Depth said. He used his good arm to attach the bottle to the pin are of the greande. He broke the bottom of the bottle so he could tie the some string, if Kro'ctor found any, to the pin. Then, the explosion would send the grande flaying, but he would need the sacrifice his pocket knife.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Draconial » 06/20/2009 7:05 AM

Kroc'tor grabbed a plant stem. That wasn't string! But, he seemed to know that, because he twisted it until it was a relatively dry yarn, and gave it to depth charge. He then swam to the bottom of the lake, and pulled the Gorgeel softly down with him, so neither creature would be hurt.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 06/20/2009 9:33 AM

" Wait Kroctor, I need you up here. I can't tie this. " Depth charge said. " If your woried it will explode then when your done tying you can go any were you wan't. " He said.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Draconial » 06/20/2009 11:27 AM

Hmmm...... tie the yarn. Ordinarily a simple task, but confusing to Kroc'Tor. He started pulling and twistng the yarn, and eventually it tied into a slipknot. Not the best kind, but it was still a knot. He gave the yarn back, and slithered back into the water.
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jetfire » 06/20/2009 12:03 PM

Depth charge hid behind a rock and said " Here goes nothing! " and pulled the yarn. The greande's force sent it flying down the caverns. He heard it stop and hoped some one would pick up the message. " There, see, no explosions. " Depth said.
Here I lie
My mind seems to stay
Jetfire
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Previous