Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Re: (Open Akail Hunt!~) In Darkness, Light

Postby Thunder » 05/18/2009 7:38 PM

"There's a sorta darkish Serraptor called Shade," Yang said. "He's a Cursed Serraptor, but he doesn't seem cursed. He's really nice and everything, but he keeps on saying he's trying to make up for something he did wrong. He doesn't look like a bad guy to me." Yang stopped talking when she saw Relekki pause mid-stride. The Berry Kuhna's ears were perked up, and he was staying very still.

"I think I feel a draft here!" he said after a while, turning around to face the wall to their right. "Maybe it's another tunnel." He walked forwards a bit, feeling in front of him with his paws. "Yeah, it's another path alright. Do ya wanna go down this one?" Yang peered down the tunnel.

"Hey, there's something sparkly too," she commented, straining her eyes to see. "I'm curious now!"

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/18/2009 8:06 PM

Sandria bounded over to them, sketching a quick turn on the map. Obviously, she intended to go there. She looked up curiously once Yang mentioned 'something sparkly.'

"The Hunters lived in crystal cities in the caves... Maybe this is one of them!" She dashed down the tunnel, but slowed down a little so that the others could catch up. The tunnel widened into a large hollow area, the ceiling itself even raised higher than as was typical and forming a dome. Light reflected off of crystalline buildings, the insides long empty. Paths weaved in and around them, compressed and hard by thousands of pawsteps upon them. There was a large construction in the middle that looked as though it might've been used to hold a light source that could've illuminated the entire area, but whatever light was there was long gone now. It was kind of sad.

"... Wow."
get a little closer, let fold
cut open my sternum, and pull
my little ribs around you
the lungs of me be crowns over you
the rungs of me be under, under you

ill cut the soft pockets, let bleed
over the rocky cliffs that you leave
to peer over and not forget what feet are
splitting threads of lightning over me

"Fineshrine" by Purity Ring

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 222
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/18/2009 8:22 PM

Yang and Relekki followed Sandria eagerly, wanting to see what this shininess was. They dashed down the path, stopping themselves as soon as they reached the dome-like room. The two pets' eyes widened. Buildings made of crystal! And what was that thing in the center? The only thing either of them could do was gape.

"Whoooaaaa," Relekki said, his little mouth forming an "o" shape. "Wow, I can't believe the Hunters lived in this awesome place!" He bounded down the trail, marveling at the large contraption. "I wonder what this does!"

"Don't get yourself hurt, furball!" Yang called, running after him. "There might be some dangerous stuff here! You never know!" She was pretty sure that there wasn't anything hazardous in the cave, but one had to be careful. While ruins could be fascinating, they could potentially have pitfalls or buried spearheads...or worse.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/18/2009 8:43 PM

Sandria followed, marveling at the crystalline structures. She sketched a speedy circle on the paper, along with neat words in the center of the circle: 'Hunter City. Awesome, right?' She then walked up to Relekki, examining the structure that was used for some purpose. Most likely light, of course. It consisted of jagged circles of crystals at the top and bottom, and a stone pillar that went from the floor to the ceiling. It had runes engraved in it as well, but they were just as indecipherable as the ones in the tunnels. She figured the crystals could possibly be used as some sort of source of energy that could provide light that would travel up the stone, but it was uncertain. There didn't appear to be anything she could use around it to light it up, if that were the case, though there were five small holes in the stone within the circle of crystals at the base.

The Werecain peered into some of the buildings as well. They mainly consisted of circular crystal structures of varying sizes, with a wide-open entryway.

"Just think," the Werecain girl said, looking up from what was presumably a Hunter's home, "There were a bunch of Hunters here, many years ago... I wonder if there's anything left behind anywhere. Not likely, though. We're probably not the first ones to be here." Speaking of other people, this would be an interesting place to find their target. That is, an Akail. Once she heard something odd, she'd go looking right away, most likely. For now, she was peeking into doorways.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/18/2009 10:27 PM

Yang and Relekki had moved on to examining some other buildings. Relekki poked his nose into a doorway and then yanked it back out, coughing.

"Man!" he complained. "I still can't get used to this damp smell! Makes me want some fresh air!" Yang snorted and shook her head.

"Then you better get used to it quickly," she said. Yang stepped into the small house. It was rather dark; only the glimmer of tiny crystals lit the building up. Sandria's lantern still illuminated the area outside, but the light didn't quite reach into the buildings due to the stone walls. It was a rather spacious house, complete with a small, hollowed out spot that was probably a sleeping area. The windows were nothing more than carved out holes in the stone. Yang and Relekki padded in, but the Sugarberry Kuhna nearly tripped on an unknown object.

"Ouch!" he shouted, rubbing his paw. He had hit some kind of stone slab. Intrigued, he kneeled down and blew on it, uncovering some dust that had settled on the slab. There seemed to be some runes etched on it. "Hey, look at this Sandria!"

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/19/2009 5:21 PM

Sandria quickly approached the Sugarberry Kuhna and Tali, kneeling down so as to better be able to see the stone slab that was lying there. She sat the lantern next to it, examining the runes. They had some slight similarities to today's lettering, but other than that small realization there was nothing the Werecain could use to decipher whatever the stone said. The lines upon it had once been sharp and new, but they had become rounded and more dull over the years.

"Interesting... I just wish I could tell what it said." She knew enough about the wild creatures of Evelon and things like that, but she had never learned how to read any of the ancient languages or understand the script of the Hunters. It was then that she wished she did, but there was no actual point on dwelling on what she couldn't do. Nearly the entire stone was covered in runic lettering, excluding perhaps two inches around each side of it. It was definitely quite old... And at the top-center was a small symbol.

It was engraved deeper into the stone than the rest of the letters. It sort of resembled the Lunafly found on the Dreamsnare pets.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/19/2009 6:43 PM

"Maybe an Akail could read this..." Yang murmured, glancing over the runes again. She just noticed the small Lunafly-like symbol at the top of the slab. "Oh? Isn't that the thing on the Dreamsnare pets?" Relekki gazed at the symbol and nodded.

"Yeah, sure looks like it!" he confirmed, his bright green eyes blazing with interest. "I wonder what the Hunters had to do with the Dreamsnares? We've got a Sygriff and a Yonyuu that are Dreamsnares, but neither of them talk a lot." He looked outside of the building through one of the windows. Perhaps there was mention of the  Lunafly symbol elsewhere in the ruins? He left Yang and Sandira to look around some more.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/27/2009 6:35 PM

Sandria hadn't actually noticed the Lunafly up there until Yang had pointed it out, being primarily interested in the runic engravings at the time, and immediately glanced upward to see the other mark that had been indicated. She had seen Dreamsnare pets before in person, though not too many of them, and she didn't know any of them very well at all. Either way, she managed to recognize the mark as well as Yang and Relekki had.

"Interesting..." She traced her finger lightly over it. "Not sure if it was just decoration or if it's actually referencing Dreamsnares, though. On another note, I wonder what else is lying around this place." At the thought, the Werecain stood back up, picking up the lantern and paper/pencil as she did so. Sandria wondered how close any Akail actually were to where the small group was. Akail were capable of going quite undetected unless they wanted to be noticed or made a mistake in their choice of footing, which seemed unlikely.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/29/2009 6:31 PM

The Tali and the Kuhna searched around the area, trying to find another Lunafly-like symbol. They were so engrossed in their journey that they didn't realize that they were heading down another tunnel that led from the crystal chamber. It was only until Yang noticed that the light from Sandria's latern had gone that she skidded to a halt, alarmed.

"Oh no!" she cried. Relekki swiveled around.

"Huh?" he mewled, still not realizing that they were lost. Yang's eyes were wide with fear.

"We've lost track of where we are!" she barked, glancing around at the unfamiliar scenery. "Somehow we walked out of the Hunter city...you should have paid more attention, Reli!" Relekki's tail twitched in slight aggravation.

"You could have watched where we were going too!" he pointed out. "Oh well...we need to find our way back!" He turned around, walking in the direction he believed they had came from, but only succeeded in crashing straight into the cold, stone walls. "Ow!"

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/30/2009 3:08 AM

By the time Sandria had figured out that it was time to move on from here, Relekki and Yang had strayed much too far away. She called out their names, but there was no response except for the echo reverberating off of the walls of the caves and tunnel systems. This was worrisome indeed, and if she had any hope of finding them, the Werecain figured that she had might as well start looking now.

If they had exited the way they had come in, they probably would have known where they were, and Sandria looked around for any tunnel she had not seen before. Then there was one, stretching out into dense blackness that the lantern's light did not reach easily. Who knew what could find them out there if she didn't find them first?

Despite the fact that there was quite possibly something menacing hanging around in there, she briskly made her way down the tunnel. Sandria could not move too quickly or the lantern would surely go out, but she was making the best time she could without making that a risk. She would occasionally call their names and listen, waiting for a response from either of the two.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 05/31/2009 6:57 AM

Image Venom Serraptor
At'Kar

At'Kar skittered on the side of the building, watching a human girl go by. What were those names she was calling? Oh well, that didn't matter. He soundlessly jumped off the wall and slinked along behind Sandria. A menacing hiss escaped from his jaws, and his muscles tensed, ready to pounce or jump away at any moment.
When you can make your own universe... Who needs this one?
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 37
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/31/2009 7:33 PM

( ... Building? )

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 05/31/2009 8:13 PM

(Yeah, the rock/crystal ones you found)
When you can make your own universe... Who needs this one?
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 37
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/12/2009 1:24 PM

Unfortunately, neither Relekki nor Yang heard Sandria's calls, and they traveled deeper into the darkness. Now, their excitement was turning into fear, and whenever they heard a droplet of water fall onto the cave floor, they'd yelp and leap a few feet into the air. Eventually, they traveled so far into the passage that it was pitch black, and they could not see where they were going. Yang and Relekki decided to stay put, as none of them knew what could lie ahead.

"This is soooo lame!" Relekki cried. "We should've been paying more attention!" His ears flattened, and he wrapped his tails around himself for comfort.

"Shh!" Yang suddenly whispered. "Do you hear that?" There was a soft hissing coming from behind them. Their eyes widened, and they huddled closer together in case it was something dangerous.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous